• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did anyone like the Saturn?
While I never really owned a Saturn myself, but a grade school friend of mines owned one around the time it was out. He would usually invite me over just to play classics like NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Fighting Vipers on the weekend. Though I'm not going to lie and say that the controllers were almost as comfortable as the Genesis ones despite their size.

Sonic X-treme would have been its savior if it didn't get the "long overdue" cancellation after development hell.
Then Sonic X-Treme became the game we all knew as Sonic Lost World and we all know how things went from there. While I know Lost World wasn't based on that game, they did borrow plenty of elements from it despite the naysayers with their "Super Mario Galaxy ripoff" claims.

Last edited:

Soul.

Was good for nostalgia purposes. Sonic R, Sonic Jam, 3D Blast port, a racing game, and was a success in Japan.
Too bad almost everyone didn't care about the Saturn. Sonic X-treme would have been its savior if it didn't get the "long overdue" cancellation after development hell.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the story is currently 5301 words at the moment and shows no sign of slowing any time soon. I'm not even halfway done, haha.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've played on a Saturn once a few years ago. I had never seen one, let alone play, before, though I did know the console existed.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So the story is currently 5301 words at the moment and shows no sign of slowing any time soon. I'm not even halfway done, haha.
Do you need motivational music
I think you need some
Have Fun :4sonic:

Soul.

Lmao, this guy in a Mario Party 10 video uploaded by GameXplain....
He's saying "shut up everyone" just because of the cart mechanic introduced in MP9.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Do you need motivational music
I think you need some
Have Fun :4sonic:
Speaking of things Taito, has anyone ever played Rainbow Islands? I remember playing that back in the NES days. Fun and challenging game. The last boss was a ***** and a half.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lmao, this guy in a Mario Party 10 video uploaded by GameXplain....
He's saying "shut up everyone" just because of the cart mechanic introduced in MP9.
Let me guess, it is that Sonicgalaxy guy again? Because half of his "shut up" comments make me wonder if he's salty or just trolling half of the time.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
One of the console I grew up with lol.

But yeah, there are many flaws that came with the Saturn. Still, it's pretty nostalgic considering my father and I used to play games on it together. Mostly Sonic 3D Blast, I always needed his help to defeat the second boss cuz I sucked at video games at that age, but also NiGHTS, and some weird game which I have no idea what it's called (I'll try to find it). Fun stuff. Found the name of that weird game, it's called Bug! lol.

Sonic 3D Blast though... Saturn version has awesome music (I like the Genesis version as well). I know I posted this song like 100 times, but whatevs, I love it.

I personally don't think Sonic X-treme would have saved the console. The game would have helped a bit, perhaps expending the console's life, but the hole they dug was too deep (too many other factors that led to it's downfall). Plus, PlayStation was a rival. Who knows though, but I would have loved to see a mainline Sonic game on the Saturn.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If the y cancels itself out converting to slope intercept form, is the slope zero
Can you put the problem down th best you can so I can try and solve it? Or is it just a question and no equation?
Or are you saying that all points have the same y-coordinate. If that is what you are asking then yes, it is a zero slope

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm not sure why
But the Models used for the MP10 cast make them seem more... realistic?
It looks like they'd fit in on our Earth.
Not sure why tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm not sure why
Not sure why tho.
One day, we'll find a warp pipe that will lead us to the mushroom kingdom.
One day.

Last edited:

Soul.

Let me guess, it is that Sonicgalaxy guy again? Because half of his "shut up" comments make me wonder if he's salty or just trolling half of the time.
It's "SuperMarioT". Apparently the most liked comment in the video. The guy just screams salty.
While the cart mechanic may have been for the better, I still think it's the reason why Mario Party is so bland and generic compared to what it was before. Hudson made the games better until their inevitable shut down. Mario Party 8 is so boring, though---where's the fun in that. I swear the only good song was this one:
I still stand by saying MP3 was the best in my opinion.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Who puts this much work into a Title Screen song.
WAY-****ING-FORWARD, DAS WHO
*hype train intensifies for no reason*
You mean Jake Kaufman. He's been the number one composer for many of Wayforward's games, and is a talented musician.

His other credits include Red Faction Guerrilla, Retro City Rampage, and the recent hit, Shovel Knight.

D

Deleted member

Was good for nostalgia purposes. Sonic R, Sonic Jam, 3D Blast port, a racing game, and was a success in Japan.
Too bad almost everyone didn't care about the Saturn. Sonic X-treme would have been its savior if it didn't get the "long overdue" cancellation after development hell.
While I never really owned a Saturn myself, but a grade school friend of mines owned one around the time it was out. He would usually invite me over just to play classics like NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Fighting Vipers on the weekend. Though I'm not going to lie and say that the controllers were almost as comfortable as the Genesis ones despite their size.
I agree. Some of the games look cool, but I never owned one, so I can't say anything. But I can bring this up:

Yep, the good Saturn version of the arcade game. :troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I should bide my time until the next page resurrects.

We'll see who's the bottom page b**** now...

Soul.

I agree. Some of the games look cool, but I never owned one, so I can't say anything. But I can bring this up:

Yep, the good Saturn version of the arcade game. :troll:
I just wasted my time looking for Saturn songs.
I found this.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why
Not sure why tho.
Or is it because of the HD novelty?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm not sure why
Not sure why tho.
My word.
That image. . .
SUCH DELICIOUS DETAIL.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't care about the character rosters myself; all I use in Mario Party is Yoshi.
MP4 is also good though.
Same, because everyone hates each other in Mario Party I am obligated to always use Waluigi. Or just Luigi.
EDIT: The only Mario Party I've played a decent amount of is DS and 7.
I actually liked them both quite a lot.

Last edited:

Soul.

Same, because everyone hates each other in Mario Party I am obligated to always use Waluigi. Or just Luigi.
EDIT: The only Mario Party I've played a decent amount of is DS and 7.
I actually liked them both quite a lot.
Yeah, the main cause of Mario Party is hatred.
Mario Party DS was actually good. At least it was better than Island Tour. Advance is trash.
After Mario Party 4, I didn't enjoy the GCN MP games. The N64 ones are gold though....well, MP1 is just "rotate your stick so that your hand can have an injury!".

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have played DS and 8, but not a fan of the series. I didn't have anyone to play with and vs. CPU it's boring.
And I don't really like the minigames too.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just wasted my time looking for Saturn songs.
I found this.
Check out the whole Sonic 3D Blast soundtrack. And the NiGHTS soundtrack

Also, screw Gene Gadget. Although I think Spring Stadium was worse for me because of the dreadful carnival music in Act 2 and you're just running around in circles trying to find where to go. Then you keep stepping on those spears that pop out from the ground. Halp meeeee~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom