• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Heard some new information on Touhou Super Smash Battles: Due to legal reasons, the game will no longer be Touhou themed (but the project is still alive.). The characters and theme will be changed to a new original one (but the character's moveset will still be made as if they are still Touhou maidens). The game is now called "The Doujin Spirit".

And since it's no longer Touhou themed, a Steam & Wii U release are now possible.
ooooh wow..

D

Deleted member

As the Disney fan I am I aprove this.

Because all the budget would go to the Falcon Punch scene.

Would be totally worth it tho.
What would be better is a direct sequel to GP Legend, in which Falcon faked his death all this time and came back to do justice.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Heard some new information on Touhou Super Smash Battles: Due to legal reasons, the game will no longer be Touhou themed (but the project is still alive.). The characters and theme will be changed to a new original one (but the character's moveset will still be made as if they are still Touhou maidens). The game is now called "The Doujin Spirit".

And since it's no longer Touhou themed, a Steam & Wii U release are now possible.
Well, I wish them good luck. It's hard to make an original game based on Smash.
Dragon King: A Fighting Game is going to be true afterall.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hate arguing with P:M over things that could look better without changing function. I'm pretty sure most of them would strip away the graphics entirely and have all the characters be a literal mass of hitboxes if they could.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I hate arguing with P:M over things that could look better without changing function. I'm pretty sure most of them would strip away the graphics entirely and have all the characters be a literal mass of hitboxes if they could.
Just tell them if they want P:M to b different then Smash 4, then don't add stuff to make it look like Smash 4
Ive seen posts of people wanting the Smash 4 UI and Im like " huh"

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Just tell them if they want P:M to b different then Smash 4, then don't add stuff to make it look like Smash 4
? What are you talking about?

I'm talking about :pit:'s PM uspec, which is supposedly a shield bash, but it really looks like just a block to me.

When one of his main OFFensive moves can be easily mistaken for a DEFensive move, maybe the visuals should be tweaked a bit.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
? What are you talking about?

I'm talking about :pit:'s PM uspec, which is supposedly a shield bash, but it really looks like just a block to me.

When one of his main OFFensive moves can be easily mistaken for a DEFensive move, maybe the visuals should be tweaked a bit.
I know but I was just saying. I have seen posts that want P:M to have the same things. macanics and all, like Smash 4
Ill shut up now

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I know but I was just saying. I have seen posts that want P:M to have the same things. macanics and all, like Smash 4
Ill shut up now
Well, changing some attributes that make characters good in 4 *coughyoshicough*, like many characters that have composite attributes from past games, might be a good idea, mechanics would be going kind of far.

Except :lucario:. I still haven't forgiven him for gutting out everything that made him Lucario.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>For Glory
>I'm being the already perfect :4dedede:
>Kicking ass
>:4marth:CHALLENGER APPROACHING:4marth:

>Kicks their ass
>(Twice)
>They go Little Mac

>2-Stocks them in less than a Minute
>Le Taunt + NAir
>Leaves

MLG Pingu Dedede :shades:

Soul.

>For Glory
>Kicking ***

>Kicks their ***
>(Twice)

>They go Little Mac
>Le Taunt + NAir
>Leaves

No dthrow fair.
Disappointed. So, so disappointed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
>For Glory
>Kicking ***

>Kicks their ***
>(Twice)

>They go Little Mac
>Le Taunt + NAir
>Leaves

People still boast what they did online... IN FOR GLORY? Is it really worth it, I mean its for glory

D

Deleted member

For glory is apparently important for no apparent reason.
For Glory is only important for the nooby tryhards who spam so much. It's probably because of the win rate. If correct, then that is funny. :troll:

Soul.

People still boast what they did online... IN FOR GLORY? Is it really worth it, I mean its for glory
For Scrubs, you mean. For Glory isn't good. It's just a joke. (Even though I understand what you just said.)
I'd rather do With Friends but not sure if anyone wants to do matches With Friends.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I won't stop defending For Glory because it's the closest thing to a competitive experience that most people who don't have a large fortune to spend on driving to tournaments will ever be able to get. Including myself.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Speaking of FG, I gotta go test :4sonic: on it. It's the only purpose of FG for me : testing characters on not so good players.
Here's Knuckles Acapella.
Someone good at musical stuff needs to do a remix of this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Boasting....FOR GLORY!
Ironic because in both of those, you are still a loser in the end anyway
For Scrubs, you mean. For Glory isn't good. It's just a joke. (Even though I understand what you just said.)
I'd rather do With Friends but not sure if anyone wants to do matches With Friends.
yeah, For Friends and For Fun are FAR more fun for me.
Its because in For Friends and For Fun, people don't try so hard to win for the %

Last edited:

Soul.

I won't stop defending For Glory because it's the closest thing to a competitive experience that most people who don't have a large fortune to spend on driving to tournaments will ever be able to get. Including myself.
Tournaments in general are stressful. I only play online anyway so I don't care about them. I would still play With Friends more than For Glory. I only play FG because no one feels like playing With Friends.
I watch tournaments to see how the players use the characters, then I try to mimic them online. Yeah. The commentary is a problem.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
*waits for Wii U external hard drive to arrive*
*decides to play Super Meat Boy*
*Xbox 360 needs a lengthy update*
*bleh*

D

Deleted member

yeah, For Friends and For Fun are FAR more fun for me.
Its because in For Friends and For Fun, people don't try so hard to win for the %
I agree x9000 with you, those two modes are much better. Let's not forget that With Friends, you can customize the rules and add anything you want, compared to For Glory, which is restriced to two stocks and 5 minutes. And in For Fun, there's no records or anything so that's great if you want to cool off from the rage fest that is FG.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I agree x9000 with you, those two modes are much better. Let's not forget that With Friends, you can customize the rules and add anything you want, compared to For Glory, which is restriced to two stocks and 5 minutes. And in For Fun, there's no records or anything so that's great if you want to cool off from the rage fest that is FG.
I'm tempted to call For Friends and For Fun FF1 and FF2

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There's two major disadvantages to For Friends, though; Complicated setup, and lack of variety in opponents.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Johnny Appleseed hard cider: Alcoholic apple juice without any bite. What's This Guy gotta do to get some Strongbow up in here?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is me maining Dedede in a nutshell.
Dedede.png
Everyone was doing it so I thought I'd do it too.
:4dedede:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Then go on for fun, there you go. All the fun without the rage also, Complicated setup? How is THAT complicated?
For Fun has items and stage bosses, though.

And playing against friends implies that you have friends. You can't just jump into someone's room, you don't know how they feel like playing right now. If you just jump in choosing a stage they don't like, then nobody's happy.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I don't drink but I would more alcohol then lock myself in my house to prevent me from going anywhere till I sober up.
I only drink when I'm at home or I have a DD or a sober friend to keep up with my dumbass. Good way to avoid a public intoxication charge.

But in all seriousness, I only have a beer or two after work or a tourney to help me wind down and calm myself. I only get sloppy drunk when it's a friend's birthday or a special event. Apparently I'm quite the hugger when I'm drunk. I can't vouch because I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom