• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
$60 for a glitched game that Ubisoft probably hasn't patched yet? Lmfao, it should be like $30 or so. The Korra game's price is fine for what it is, though, but Platinum's other titles are better. Then again, we can blame Activision for this.
Still a good game for being $15. I mean, if a game's that polished, decent, etc. and it's $15? Hell yeah. Sadly, there are more and more games with a price of $60 that are glitched, unpolished, and generic like Battlefield 4 and its lag, server, whatever issues, Watch_Dogs being downgraded on the PC, glitches, and ignoring basic physics like trains instantly stopping and no water physics, and Assassin's Creed: Unity and its plethora of glitches.

Thankfully, Nintendo, Sony, and others aren't walking down this line of disgusting business. I know, game development is time consuming and it keeps getting more and more expensive, but if a game really needs a tune up, then it shouldn't be rushed. Hell, I'm fine with The Last Guardian being delayed to 2030 if it means it has no glitches and runs smoother than butter. I mean, look at Kojima Productions. Something as trivial and minor as the sound of a door and water leaking from a tank makes Kojima say, "No, we have to fix this now."

Or look at Bastion and Transistor. Amazing music, presentation, and gameplay, but they only cost like $15 a pop. Then you look at Skyrim and its littered with game-breaking glitches, some unpleasant texturing and modeling, and frankly, it looks boring without mods which Bethesda knows the community will make and that's just disgusting how they have people, their fans, fix their games for free. Oh, Skyward Sword's gameplay sucks because motion controls. That's valid for some, but does the game drop frames? Does Skyward Sword suffer from major bugs all the time? Does the game have nasty graphic pop-ins, texuring, and failure to load models? No, Skyward Sword has an amazing polished presentation, but the fact that Battlefield 4 took this long to actually make multiplayer, the reason people play BF4, playable is just bad. What's even sadder is that BF3, Bad Company 2, and previous BF games never suffered from this.

Last edited:

Soul.

How's everyone here?
Good, good...
Still a good game for being $15. I mean, if a game's that polished, decent, etc. and it's $15? Hell yeah. Sadly, there are more and more games with a price of $60 that are glitched, unpolished, and generic like Battlefield 4 and its lag, server, whatever issues, Watch_Dogs being downgraded on the PC, glitches, and ignoring basic physics like trains instantly stopping and no water physics, and Assassin's Creed: Unity and its plethora of glitches.

Thankfully, Nintendo, Sony, and others aren't walking down this line of disgusting business. I know, game development is time consuming and it keeps getting more and more expensive, but if a game really needs a tune up, then it shouldn't be rushed. Hell, I'm fine with The Last Guardian being delayed to 2030 if it means it has glitches and runs smoother than butter. I mean, look at Kojima Productions. Something as trivial and minor as the sound of a door and water leaking from a tank makes Kojima say, "No, we have to fix this now".

Or look at Bastion and Transistor. Amazing music, presentation, and gameplay, but they only cost like $15 a pop. Then you look at Skyrim and its littered with game-breaking glitches, some unpleasant texturing and modeling, and frankly, it looks boring without mods which Bethesda knows the community will make and that's just disgusting how they people actually fix their games for free. Oh, Skyward Sword's gameplay sucks because motion controls. That's valid for some, but does the game drop frames? Does Skyward Sword suffer from major bugs all the time? Does the game have nasty graphic pop-ins, texuring, and failure to load models? No, Skyward Sword has an amazing polished presentation, but the fact that Battlefield 4 took this long to actually make multiplayer, the reason people play BF4, playable is just bad. What's even sadder is that BF3, Bad Company 2, and previous BF games never suffered from this.
Unity is so boring. From what I have seen from gameplay videos and stuff, it just seems like a boring game. Glitched faces don't help either. Then again, I'm not into Assassin's Creed. Only reason Ubisoft is good is because of Rayman in my opinion.
Also, Battlefield 4 has lag on its online servers? Huh. I'm surprised. Normally shooting games tend to have good online servers *cough* Call of Duty *cough* and TF2.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Spiderham? Is that Homer Simpson's pig?
*googles*
OH MY GOD

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
You know, normally I'm calm and bubbly when I get a few drinks in me.

...But tonight is not one of those nights.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Unity is so boring. From what I have seen from gameplay videos and stuff, it just seems like a boring game. Glitched faces don't help either. Then again, I'm not into Assassin's Creed. Only reason Ubisoft is good is because of Rayman in my opinion.
Also, Battlefield 4 has lag on its online servers? Huh. I'm surprised. Normally shooting games tend to have good online servers *cough* Call of Duty *cough* and TF2.
The redeeming thing is that its French and you can set it entirely in French. It gives that authentic feeling of being in another country way back then. I ended up liking the AC games purely from a historical vacation, ruins exploring, city exploring reason. Oh, and being a conspicuous Assassin is fun. :p

No image/gif only posts. Add text. I don't care if you tell a story about how a hamster fell in love with a scorpion and how they had ham-scorpion babies. Just add text.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thankfully, Nintendo, Sony, and others aren't walking down this line of disgusting business. I know, game development is time consuming and it keeps getting more and more expensive, but if a game really needs a tune up, then it shouldn't be rushed. Hell, I'm fine with The Last Guardian being delayed to 2030 if it means it has no glitches and runs smoother than butter. I mean, look at Kojima Productions. Something as trivial and minor as the sound of a door and water leaking from a tank makes Kojima say, "No, we have to fix this now."

Or look at Bastion and Transistor. Amazing music, presentation, and gameplay, but they only cost like $15 a pop. Then you look at Skyrim and its littered with game-breaking glitches, some unpleasant texturing and modeling, and frankly, it looks boring without mods which Bethesda knows the community will make and that's just disgusting how they people actually fix their games for free. Oh, Skyward Sword's gameplay sucks because motion controls. That's valid for some, but does the game drop frames? Does Skyward Sword suffer from major bugs all the time? Does the game have nasty graphic pop-ins, texuring, and failure to load models? No, Skyward Sword has an amazing polished presentation, but the fact that Battlefield 4 took this long to actually make multiplayer, the reason people play BF4, playable is just bad. What's even sadder is that BF3, Bad Company 2, and previous BF games never suffered from this.
I remember when Watch_Dogs was overhyped at E3 2012 and everyone went crazy over it, but what happened? It's just a mess. The graphics, while not a big factor in games (contrary to most fanboys around the world, saying graphics make the game and blah, blah, blah) were extremely downgraded from that year's E3. Well, of course, they might be a way to make them look like how they were before. I never played it, so this is according from other users. Assassin's Creed: Unity's faces look pretty much like Lazer (Shoop Da Whoop). Like, they rushed the product so bad that they (probably) couldn't even test the thing properly. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Rayman 1 and avoided it. That's what happens when you do yearly iterations of the same thing unless you do it right (Pokémon since 2012). Those kind of things make me lose interest on third party games, no matter if they're so important to a console or whatever. Companies should care about making their games great and all that instead of cash. I don't understand this logic.

But the most important thing is... Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gets a 9/10 - IGN. :troll:

The redeeming thing is that its French and you can set it entirely in French. It gives that authentic feeling of being in another country way back then. I ended up liking the AC games purely from a historical vacation, ruins exploring, city exploring reason. Oh, and being a conspicuous Assassin is fun. :p

No image/gif only posts. Add text. I don't care if you tell a story about how a hamster fell in love with a scorpion and how they had ham-scorpion babies. Just add text.
ok, will do

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would like to read a story like that, I don't know why :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember when Watch_Dogs was overhyped at E3 2012 and everyone went crazy over it, but what happened? It's just a mess. The graphics, while not a big factor in games (contrary to most fanboys around the world, saying graphics make the game and blah, blah, blah) were extremely downgraded from that year's E3. Well, of course, they might be a way to make them look like how they were before. I never played it, so this is according from other users. Assassin's Creed: Unity's faces look pretty much like Lazer (Shoop Da Whoop). Like, they rushed the product so bad that they (probably) couldn't even test the thing properly. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Rayman 1 and avoided it. That's what happens when you do yearly iterations of the same thing unless you do it right (Pokémon since 2012). Those kind of things make me lose interest on third party games, no matter if they're so important to a console or whatever. Companies should care about making their games great and all that instead of cash. I don't understand this logic.

But the most important thing is... Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gets a 9/10 - IGN. :troll:
Watch_Dogs is still a decent game, but it's nothing that hype created for it. Hype, in general, destroys games. Everyone here has witnessed or felt it with SSB4. People who were crushed because SSB4 wasn't Melee/Brawl, people who didn't get their favorite character in, etc. I don't hype games and I find myself enjoying games for what they are more than what they should have been or what I expected. Am I sad that the Ice Climbers were cut because of hardware limitations? Yes. Am I sad that Wolf and Lucas aren't in? Yes. Am I sad that Fire Emblem Roy, Snake, or even Pichu aren't in? Yes. Am I sad that Dark Pit and Lucina are straight up clones? Yes, but that doesn't mean its the end of the world.

Anyway, Watch_Dog's glitches aren't as a major or in your face like what I heard about Assassin's Creed: Unity. Are they still good games? That's subjective, but I will say they are decent at worse. They're not those stupid cash-grab, move tie-ins, manipulate little kids games like Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows game or the Disney Mario Party rip off.

D

Deleted member

Watch_Dogs is still a decent game, but it's nothing that hype created for it. Hype, in general, destroys games. Everyone here has witnessed or felt it with SSB4. People who were crushed because SSB4 wasn't Melee/Brawl, people who didn't get their favorite character in, etc. I don't hype games and I find myself enjoying games for what they are more than what they should have been or what I expected. Am I sad that the Ice Climbers were cut because of hardware limitations? Yes. Am I sad that Wolf and Lucas aren't in? Yes. Am I sad that Fire Emblem Roy, Snake, or even Pichu aren't in? Yes. Am I sad that Dark Pit and Lucina are straight up clones? Yes, but that doesn't mean its the end of the world.

Anyway, Watch_Dog's glitches aren't as a major or in your face like what I heard about Assassin's Creed: Unity. Are they still good games? That's subjective, but I will say they are decent at worse. They're not those stupid cash-grab, move tie-ins, manipulate little kids games like Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows game or the Disney Mario Party rip off.
Indeed; the fact that some characters aren't in Smash 4 don't impact my thoughts on the games. In fact, it's fine as it is, no matter if the design choices are bad or not. I extremely dislike movie / TV / comic tie-in games (and viceversa). They aren't interesting, they're unimaginative, they're boring, and lack things you'd see in other games. No wonder why gaming outlets don't review them! :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Kore wa hon'yaku s-hita monodesu
This is a translation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom