• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
"Video Game Championships". The official way The Pokémon Company does Pokémon tournaments.
They're set in a double battle with Level 50 Pokémon put into a Battle Box so that you can't switch Pokémon in the next match and stuff. Before doing a battle, you're forced to select 4 Pokémon instead of 6. The matches are usually fast.

Battle Spot though.
Camerupt isn't very good unless you use Trick Room.
Gardevoir is already good with its Mega Stone.
Wait only 4? Jesus VGC does suck. What is with official nintendo pokemon battles and not using a full team of 6? You would think with the main game being 6 pokemon, the anime 6 pokemon and everything pointing that 6 pokemon is THE number for battles that the official tournament setting would use 6 and not restrict you.
I have always felt that being forced to use less than 6 was against the spirit of battling.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wait only 4? Jesus VGC does suck. What is with official nintendo pokemon battles and not using a full team of 6? You would think with the main game being 6 pokemon, the anime 6 pokemon and everything pointing that 6 pokemon is THE number for battles that the official tournament setting would use 6 and not restrict you.
I have always felt that being forced to use less than 6 was against the spirit of battling.
Maybe for mind games at the choosing screen. And also to not see the same Pokemons and adjust your plays in the next round.
Also : who are you to judge ?
Have some respect for those who plays VGC please. You're just like the guys who are saying "Items were meant to be used since the beginning of Smash. Those who plays without them sucks.".

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Maybe for mind games at the choosing screen. And also to not see the same Pokemons and adjust your plays in the next round.
Also : who are you to judge ?
Have some respect for those who plays VGC please. You're just like the guys who are saying "Items were meant to be used since the beginning of Smash. Those who plays without them sucks.".
Im not saying anything about the players Im saying the setting sucks. It does nothing to hate the players.
Also: Its my opinion and I am in the perfect place to judge, Its something I considered participating in and is something Id have to deal with if I had decided to and I find it not entertaining and thus dislike it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Machamp always knew Wide Guard and always used it. The other set that I remembered being used was the Scarf one.

I could say the same for Smogon.
"It's stupid, they banned Aegislash. Aegislash ain't legendary. But since I don't know how to defeat him, I'm gonna say it's OP. Now I feel guilty for training an Aegislash."
It's just rules. Play whatever you want. At least they don't class pokemons by tiers, and VGC actually makes people use "NU" stuff. Remember Pachirisu ? Yeah, good times.
I respect your opinion, but respect the players who plays VGC.
Yeah, sorry. I'm still confused about the Aegislash thing myself, though... When it came time to vote, just one more supporting it would have let it stay in OU. One more vote. The decision was that close.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Im not saying anything about the players Im saying the setting sucks. It does nothing to hate the players.
Also: Its my opinion and I am in the perfect place to judge, Its something I considered participating in and is something Id have to deal with if I had decided to and I find it not entertaining and thus dislike it.
You have your rights to have your opinion. But, I still find your opinion disrespectful. If you want to have a right opinion about something that you can test, especially a video game, you need to play it before having a good view about it, thus giving you a good opinion.
Just sayin' : play it before saying something about it.

D

Deleted member

You know how people defend The Legend of Korra video game because " Its low budget, give it some slack"
Hahaha, Thats funny
*sees Activision in game box* No, thanks. This is the first time Platinum didn't deliver on a game, but we can blame it on Activision because the game was just a cash-in thing. TV show / movie tie-ins (and viceversa) should've stopped long time ago already.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'll explain the Smogon tiers real quick; Each tier is its own metagame with different playstyles. The purpose of that is so that someone can always have their favorite pokémon in a league that they're viable in, because, let's face it, balance in the Pokémon series is abysmal.

And @ Luggy Luggy , I'm sorry, I just... I really, really don't like doubles... Too much going on onscreen at the same time for me.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You have your rights to have your opinion. But, I still find your opinion disrespectful. If you want to have a right opinion about something that you can test, especially a video game, you need to play it before having a good view about it, thus giving you a good opinion.
Just sayin' : play it before saying something about it.
VGC is just a ruleset and not a game in of itself so I don't need to play it to know how it works because it tells me how it works with its rules.

I don't like its rules, I don't like how it handles battles and my opinion is not going to change just because someone else likes it. Im sorry you find me not liking something to be disrespectful but I just don't like VGC format.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
*sees Activision in game box* No, thanks. This is the first time Platinum didn't deliver on a game, but we can blame it on Activision because the game was just a cash-in thing. TV show / movie tie-ins (and viceversa) should've stopped long time ago already.
The thing is, even if they get embarrassingly low sales, they'll still be profitable because the cost of making it was just that low. That's why they'll never go away and there are literal warehouses filled with nothing but iCarly 2 for DS waiting to be recycled.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, even if they get embarrassingly low sales, they'll still be profitable because the cost of making it was just that low. That's why they'll never go away and there are literal warehouses filled with nothing but iCarly 2 for DS waiting to be recycled.
People STILL make games for the DS? Wow... I thought prodution of all models ended few years ago.
Yeah, because all Activision cares about is money. I'd just shut down the company if I was in charge. I don't like shovelware.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sadly, a lot of LoK fan probably bought that disappointment of a game

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
People STILL make games for the DS? Wow... I thought prodution of all models ended few years ago.
Yeah, because all Activision cares about is money. I'd just shut down the company if I was in charge. I don't like shovelware.
No, they're not still being made; those are all unsold copies from several years ago that are going to be melted down. Boxes upon crates of them. Nothing but iCarly 2 as far as the eye can see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, they're not still being made; those are all unsold copies from several years ago that are going to be melted down. Boxes upon crates of them. Nothing but iCarly 2 as far as the eye can see.

Well, what's what happens when you do licensed video games! :troll:
This reminds me of some game that's not even worth talking about.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'll explain the Smogon tiers real quick; Each tier is its own metagame with different playstyles. The purpose of that is so that someone can always have their favorite pokémon in a league that they're viable in, because, let's face it, balance in the Pokémon series is abysmal.
Mega-Rayquaza. Yeah.
Pokemon is not that balanced, like any Nintendo game. But I don't like how people are treating tiers like grades or some stuff like this. I play Sceptile in OU, nobody will take me seriously. But when suddenly you beat them with a Pokemon that you liked and made him work, suddenly people will give excuses like "He's too obscure, you were lucky". At least, VGC is more balanced. You can handle "OP" stuff like M-Kanga easily, as well as M-Mawile if you play well. Smogon, when they find something "too good", they pop it out of the main tier and put the dude in the "Super trash cane" or "OP Jail".

VGC is just a ruleset and not a game in of itself so I don't need to play it to know how it works because it tells me how it works with its rules.

I don't like its rules, I don't like how it handles battles and my opinion is not going to change just because someone else likes it. Im sorry you find me not liking something to be disrespectful but I just don't like VGC format.
Dude, play it before saying "it's the same". VGC is different compared to 1V1 battles, the teambuilding is much bigger, more complexed, you can actually use Pokemons that you would never use before, you need to read your opponent perfectly, there's no hasards ect...
Just because it's only a ruleset doesn't mean it's the same.

But if you don't want to play it, it's fine by me. I just feel you're too close-minded to one thing and you don't want to test new things. But that's none of my business.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

They should bury all those cartridges in a desert near Albuquerque to create another Urban Legend :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, what's what happens when you do licensed video games! :troll:
This reminds me of some game that's not even worth talking about.

• Licensed movie tie-in
  • Development rushed for Christmas
  • Hellish working conditions for the developers
Three ingredients for disaster all together in that box. It's really no wonder that one flopped.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Licensed movie tie-in
  • Development rushed for Christmas
  • Hellish working conditions for the developers
Three ingredients for disaster all together in that box. It's really no wonder that one flopped.
And no wonder why the company who developed it and published it went to bite the dust after it came out. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mega-Rayquaza. Yeah.
Pokemon is not that balanced, like any Nintendo game. But I don't like how people are treating tiers like grades or some stuff like this. I play Sceptile in OU, nobody will take me seriously. But when suddenly you beat them with a Pokemon that you liked and made him work, suddenly people will give excuses like "He's too obscure, you were lucky". At least, VGC is more balanced. You can handle "OP" stuff like M-Kanga easily, as well as M-Mawile if you play well. Smogon, when they find something "too good", they pop it out of the main tier and put the dude in the "Super trash cane" or "OP Jail".
The Ubers metagame is actually getting pretty interesting now, though. There's enough pokémon in it now for matches to be pretty varied.

(And yeah, Mega Ray actually is the first pokémon to ever be banned from Ubers. They had to make a new metagame, "Anything Goes", to allow him. :p)

And it's not like it's enforced by anyone other than the other jerky trainers (which is why I don't use chat). I ran Slaking, an NU pokémon, with pride, because he fit well with my team. The pokémon may have individual power classes, but performance is ultimately based on how well the team works together. That goes for VGC as well.

And from what I understand, the bans are based on overcentralization rather than sheer power. Generally people only start seeing red flags if usage of a species gets to over 80% of all teams.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Kinda' bored. Just wondering if anyone is excited for anything. I'm mostly excited for the Royale Rumble this Sunday and maybe APEX.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Finishing my day here:
The most exciting mario party 10 newcomer:

Knew about this. Both unexpected and expected. Expected because they always add some random Mario enemy as a playable character. Unexpected because...Spike?

I also don't know why they don't start adding back veteran enemy characters.

Where's Dry bones and Boo?

As for Pokken fighter news Suicune and Gardevoir yeeeeeeeeeees. <3

Those two I'm so indecisive on who to main. I'm leaning towards Suicune to be different. :p

Hoping for Jigglypuff and Goodra at this point. Jigglypuff would be perfect now that we know Pikachu works as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom