• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

And Follow Me Lucario sucks too. A Togekiss is better for that.
Also, Landorus-T destroys Lucario and laughs at his Follow Me. Meanwhile, Machamp can Wide Guard to help his friends, Quick Guard against Talonflame and Dynamic Punch everyone except ghost. I'm sorry, but Machamp is more useful here.

Well excuuuuuuse me princess.
Since when does Machamp run Wide Guard.
Lucario doesn't need to face Landorus-T in doubles. That's why the second Pokémon is there for (ahem, Bisharp, Cresselia, whatever).
Togekiss isn't really common. If you see a Fairy-type in VGC it's going to be Choice Specs Pixilate Modest Sylveon.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So you're quitting the debate ? It's a forfeit ?
No, I am walking away before I get angry. But I can continue and show my less than nice side if you want to keep poking me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK if i learn better by just reading the book, but i'm almost caught up, and while the stuff they do on the board looks really complicated, the only problems i've had up to this point have just been dumb mistakes

i still have a chapter after this though, so they could throw all the tough stuff out then

D

Deleted member

Bruh.

What about this gem. We don't live in 2001 anymore. :troll:
inb4 xSoul is a fool!!!
Because muh input lag complaints. :troll:
I don't even see such thing when playing Brawl or Smash Wii U with the wireless controllers available for both games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
idk, maybe Not Confirmed yet?
Probably, but it bugs me that he isn't used in the main promos of a Fighting game, I bet that the game will have him as unlockable, and to unlock him you must play as Gardevoir in a X amount of matches or something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Probably, but it bugs me that he isn't used in the main promos of a Fighting game, I bet that the game will have him as unlockable, and to unlock him you must play as Gardevoir in a X amount of matches or something.
If they go by Tekken standards, make him DLC with other characters, whichever one is fine with me

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Since when does Machamp run Wide Guard.
Lucario doesn't need to face Landorus-T in doubles. That's why the second Pokémon is there (ahem, Bisharp, Cresselia, whatever).
Togekiss isn't really common. If you see a Fairy-type in VGC it's going to be Choice Specs Pixilate Modest Sylveon.
Machamp always knew Wide Guard and always used it. The other set that I remembered being used was the Scarf one.

VGC sucks, though. Seriously, **** their non-gameplay-based bans and forced doubles. Only VGC could make me feel too guilty to train a **** Phione.....
I could say the same for Smogon.
"It's stupid, they banned Aegislash. Aegislash ain't legendary. But since I don't know how to defeat him, I'm gonna say it's OP. Now I feel guilty for training an Aegislash."
It's just rules. Play whatever you want. At least they don't class pokemons by tiers, and VGC actually makes people use "NU" stuff. Remember Pachirisu ? Yeah, good times.
I respect your opinion, but respect the players who plays VGC.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If Brawl comes to the virtual console, it needs to coincide with an announcement of Snake as DLC for Smash 4.

Oh, and those other Brawl vets that were cut.
:wolf::lucas:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Whenever I play Pokemon, I tend to use a rather obscure ruleset deemed "I Don't Really Care As Long As It's Pokemon".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"It's stupid, they banned Aegislash. Aegislash ain't legendary. But since I don't know how to defeat him, I'm gonna say it's OP. Now I feel guilty for training an Aegislash."
It's just rules. Play whatever you want. At least they don't class pokemons by tiers, and VGC actually makes people use "NU" stuff. Remember Pachirisu ? Yeah, good times.
Dude. Smogon and VGC suck.

They ALL suck. :4villager:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Machamp always knew Wide Guard and always used it. The other set that I remembered being used was the Scarf one.

The thing about smogon's tiers is that its based on usage, something is put in under used or never used not because its a pile of crap its just people use it less than other pokemon and the thing about the tiers is that you are fully allowed to use UU,NU or even Little cup pokemon in OU if you want so you have free form team building as well so you can indeed play how you want.

The tiers literally dont mean anything other than "heres a list of pokemon people dont use much, a list of pokemon people kinda use but not often and a list of pokemon you will most likely see against various people."

Its why smogon does get some unwarranted hate on its tier lists, while its bans are questionable at times its not like you are absolutely forced to things under a smogon rules other than to vow to not be a jerk off that spams sleep moves.

Smogon is not as restrictive as the uninformed play it out to be.

Last edited:

Soul.

VGC:
- Spread move spam (Heat Wave, Surf, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Wide Guard)
- Intimidate overuse.
- Evasion spam (lol).
- Every team has to have a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve (this goes to Smogon as well).
- Rules always change every year.

Smogon, though:
- A Pokémon that is "centralizing" to their metagame is sent to Ubers with immediate effect.
- All the silly stuff is banned.
- You need to know their metagame well.
- Once you know their metagame well, you're allowed to post your opinions.
- Is heavily criticized.

But....that doesn't mean Machamp has to use it. If anything it's going to carry Dynamic Punch / Ice Punch / Fighting-type move/Rock Slide / Protect with No Guard as its ability.
Also Aegislash was banned because it was centralizing their metagame. As in, it was too much.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Dude. Smogon and VGC suck.

They ALL suck. :4villager:
That's maybe why I stopped playing Pokemon competitively.
I want to put a Machamp, a Camerupt and a Gardevoir without people saying "He sucks" or "Mah Pokemon iz dah best since he's OU and his mega is Uber lol".

VGC:
- Spread move spam (Heat Wave, Surf, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Wide Guard)
- Intimidate overuse.
- Evasion spam (lol).
- Every team has to have a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve (this goes to Smogon as well).
- Rules always change every year.

Smogon, though:
- A Pokémon that is "centralizing" to their metagame is sent to Ubers with immediate effect.
- All the silly stuff is banned.
- You need to know their metagame well.
- Once you know their metagame well, you're allowed to post your opinions.
- Is heavily criticized.

But....that doesn't mean Machamp has to use it. If anything it's going to carry Dynamic Punch / Ice Punch / Fighting-type move/Rock Slide / Protect with No Guard as its ability.
Also Aegislash was banned because it was centralizing their metagame. As in, it was too much.
Nobody uses those moves, and they fixed it with the timer battle. You ain't going to see a minimize chansey anytime soon.
Also, I never said "Machamp needs to use Wide Guard", I only said it was his most useful one in doubles with Dynamic Punch. I just prefer to use defensive Machamp to surprise my opponents.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
As I predicted in my mind, the Lucario vs Machamp discussion became a Smogon/VGC talk :4shulk:

I try to take tips form Smogon (without trying to put Stealth Rock on everything) like EV spreads and coverage moves but its better to be original and have some surprises.

Once I got rekt by a M-Blaziken because I focused on Smogon strats instead of going with my ideas, but on the other hand I did heavy damage to an opposing team using a Calm Scolipede because I focused on better bulk and poisoning.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokkén looks more interesting now but, again, I stink at Tekken, so I have doubts of playing it.

Also, only one week until APEX!

Soul.

Also, what is VGC?
"Video Game Championships". The official way The Pokémon Company does Pokémon tournaments.
They're set in a double battle with Level 50 Pokémon put into a Battle Box so that you can't switch Pokémon in the next match and stuff. Before doing a battle, you're forced to select 4 Pokémon instead of 6. The matches are usually fast.
That's maybe why I stopped playing Pokemon competitively.
I want to put a Machamp, a Camerupt and a Gardevoir without people saying "He sucks" or "Mah Pokemon iz dah best since he's OU and his mega is Uber lol".

Nobody uses those moves, and they fixed it with the timer battle. You ain't going to see a minimize chansey anytime soon.
Also, I never said "Machamp needs to use Wide Guard", I only said it was his most useful one in doubles with Dynamic Punch. I just prefer to use defensive Machamp to surprise my opponents.
Battle Spot though.
Camerupt isn't very good unless you use Trick Room.
Gardevoir is already good with its Mega Stone.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, the funniest thing about this Pokemon talk is I see the exact same criticisms for Smash competitive play. "Can't use the characters/Pokemon I want", "bans moves/techniques and Pokemon/characters", "rules/metagame change constantly".

It's a small world after all.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
"Video Game Championships". The official way The Pokémon Company does Pokémon tournaments.
They're set in a double battle with Level 50 Pokémon put into a Battle Box so that you can't switch Pokémon in the next match and stuff. Before doing a battle, you're forced to select 4 Pokémon instead of 6. The matches are usually fast.

Battle Spot though.
Camerupt isn't very good unless you use Trick Room.
Gardevoir is already good with its Mega Stone.
Camerupt is cool to play casually. His double typing isn't "that" horrible, with only two weaknesses. .
I liked Gardevoir as a kid because I found her useful in Platinum, so I keep using Gardevoir in some of my teams.

You know, the funniest thing about this Pokemon talk is I see the exact same criticisms for Smash competitive play. "Can't use the characters/Pokemon I want", "bans moves/techniques and Pokemon/characters", "rules/metagame change constantly".

It's a small world after all.
247.gif

It's funny because it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom