• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, Machamp has strong points with No Guard DynamicPunch and Stone Edge but, the lack of Drain Punch, Mach Punch and a better bulk is what separates him from the far more viable Conkeldurr (depsite the latter has even lower speed)

....great, now I want Conkeldurr in Pokken...to Smash people with those concrete pillars :4dk:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
--- is the moderator for that area, right? I think it might be best to ask him. In other Pokken-related news: Check out this. It's the controller for the arcade version of Pokken. Siliconera has info on it: Pokken Tournament Will Be Played With This Controller. So does NintendoEverything: This is the controller for Pokken Tournament.
It looks like a bootleg controller.
Wait, that's the real one ? Yo'kidding right ? No ? No ?
b0d.gif

Ah yes, Dynamic punch aka Dynamic miss :troll: which is an attack only Golurk makes perfected use of with No Guard!

You have fun with your non STAB, low power not very effective fast punches and 50% accuracy punches while I enjoy having a quality move set and destroy my opponents!
:4lucario:
Machamp has No Guard you silly.
And remember, Lucario is UU, just like Machamp. Only his mega is uber. So don't come with your little Lucario with his big moveset but no defense to support himself. At least, Machamp can put a vest on to have good special defense and still has an okay defense. Also, he ain't a steel type.
Machamp is superior.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Ten minutes of raw footage of Melee's beta from E3 2001 that is unavailable anywhere else.

• There is a stage montage starting at 6:30. This is the most complete view we have of:
    • Yoshi's Story Beta - I think the blue platforms were supposed to move since they don't show up in most other shots of the stage.
    • Temple Beta - The mysterious platforms are in plain sight. That seems to be the only change, though.
    • Yoshi's Island Beta - Looked to be originally chock full of hazards, with a view on Music Blocks clearly visible.
    • Green Greens Beta - This is the ONLY view we have of THIS. The color scheme was much darker, and the thin platforms originally were uneven.
    • Rainbow Cruise Beta - We get a close up of the original ship.
    • Fountain of Dreams Beta - Originally missing the top platform. Like Pokémon Stadium M, ironically.
  • Also, there's plenty of shenanigans a la the Special Movie in the final game throughout.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
View attachment 36684

And remember, Lucario is UU, just like Machamp. Only his mega is uber. So don't come with your little Lucario with his big moveset but no defense to support himself. At least, Machamp can put a vest on to have good special defense and still has an okay defense. Also, he ain't a steel type.
Machamp is superior.
Nah m80, that's the real thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i'm behind in math class

i have all of chapter 1 to complete by monday, which i only have 2 sections more to do

but they've already started chapter 2 and assigned the work from that

not to mention i still have to read chapter 3 in my psych book and take a quiz on that

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Ten minutes of raw footage of Melee's beta from E3 2001 that is unavailable anywhere else.

• There is a stage montage starting at 6:30. This is the most complete view we have of:
    • Yoshi's Story Beta - I think the blue platforms were supposed to move since they don't show up in most other shots of the stage.
    • Temple Beta - The mysterious platforms are in plain sight. That seems to be the only change, though.
    • Yoshi's Island Beta - Looked to be originally chock full of hazards, with a view on Music Blocks clearly visible.
    • Green Greens Beta - This is the ONLY view we have of THIS. The color scheme was much darker, and the thin platforms originally were uneven.
    • Rainbow Cruise Beta - We get a close up of the original ship.
    • Fountain of Dreams Beta - Originally missing the top platform. Like Pokémon Stadium M, ironically.
  • Also, there's plenty of shenanigans a la the Special Movie in the final game throughout.
Guess the wiki and the trivia dudes should look at this video. I mean, it has been sitting around since 2011, and no one noticed it really. That's a real shame.

Bruh.

What about this gem. We don't live in 2001 anymore. :troll:
inb4 xSoul is a fool!!!
We always live in 2001. Look at Melee.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
View attachment 36684

Machamp is superior.
Who would use no guard Machamp? Besides, Lucario has far more uses with a defensive support and healing sets while Machamp is a one trick pony! And Lucario is also still used in OU teams due to his wide movepool and the whole not getting cratered by the cream puff fairy types :troll:

Lucario saw 2 generations of OU titles and still sees on and off usage to this day while Machamp is doomed to be second rate!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pokken Tournament: "You waifu is trash" :troll:

Seriously speaking...where the **** is Gallade?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Who would use no guard Machamp? Besides, Lucario has far more uses with a defensive support and healing sets while Machamp is a one trick pony! And Lucario is also still used in OU teams due to his wide movepool and the whole not getting cratered by the cream puff fairy types :troll:

Lucario saw 2 generations of OU titles and still sees on and off usage to this day while Machamp is doomed to be second rate!
Meanwhile, Lucario sucks in VGC.
Yeah, good going Lucario, nobody uses you in OU anyway.
Oh yeah, by the way, Machamp also was OU in two generations : Gold and Silver, Diamond Pearl and Platinum.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine if Melee gets ported to the Wii U and becomes compatible with the Wiimote :troll:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Oh yeah, by the way, Machamp also was OU in two generations : Gold and Silver, Diamond Pearl and Platinum.
I literally just said lucario is still used in OU. And you prove that lucario is superior! Lucario was OU on his native Gen and beyond while Machamp was not and Machamp only got worse as time gone by!

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
God I honestly get really sad sometimes when I go on Smashboards because I don't have

anyone
to play Melee with, and it's my favorite Smash game like 10,000x over the others.

:yoshimelee:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I literally just said lucario is still used in OU. And you prove that lucario is superior! Lucario was OU on his native Gen and beyond while Machamp was not and Machamp only got worse as time gone by!
OU is not an official format.
VGC is.
Your argument is invalid.

:diddy::diddy:Everyone knows brawl will come first to virtual console:troll::diddy::diddy:
247.gif

The worst is it's true.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You kids are funny- comparing a TANK to a SWEEPER. :rolleyes:

Soul.

Lucario doesn't suck in VGC. It's just not very good compared to the better Pokémon in that metagame.
If you see a Lucario in VGC, you'll most likely think it's a Mega Lucario, but with all the Mega Salamence roaming around in that tier it's safe to assume that Lucario runs Follow Me + 2 Attacks + Protect.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i'm behind in math class

i have all of chapter 1 to complete by monday, which i only have 2 sections more to do

but they've already started chapter 2 and assigned the work from that

not to mention i still have to read chapter 3 in my psych book and take a quiz on that
how Ironic, I have math homework I need to do but I die every time I look at it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Meh, I don't care about Brawl, Melee or even 64 in the Virtual Console...all that I want is
Dragon King: The Fighting Game finished and ported to the Wii U :4falcon:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Lucario doesn't suck in VGC. It's just not very good compared to the better Pokémon in that metagame.
If you see a Lucario in VGC, you'll most likely think it's a Mega Lucario, but with all the Mega Salamence roaming around that tier it's safe to assume that Lucario runs Follow Me + 2 Attacks + Protect.
And Follow Me Lucario sucks too. A Togekiss is better for that.
Also, Landorus-T destroys Lucario and laughs at his Follow Me. Meanwhile, Machamp can Wide Guard to help his friends, Quick Guard against Talonflame and Dynamic Punch everyone except ghost. I'm sorry, but Machamp is more useful here.

You kids are funny- comparing a TANK to a SWEEPER. :rolleyes:

Well excuuuuuuse me princess.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
OU is not an official format.
VGC is.
Your argument is invalid.

View attachment 36685
The worst is it's true.
Then why did you bring in "lucario is UU like machamp" then? UU is not an official format so that argument of yours is invalid.
I stated that lucario continues to see use due to typing and wide movepool and has more than one usage unlike Machamp.

I have come to the conclusion that this conversation is dumb and stopped being playful fun a while ago.

D

Deleted member

FOR A FACT THIS IS COMING TO WII U. PRO CONTROLLER RIGHT THERE!
>Pro Controller has more buttons
>This just has a D-Pad and face buttons, no L or R buttons nor sticks

How are they going to map them to the Pro Controller and GamePad? :troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Then why did you bring in "lucario is UU like machamp" then? UU is not an official format so that argument of yours is invalid.
I stated that lucario continues to see use due to typing and wide movepool and has more than one usage unlike Machamp.

I have come to the conclusion that this conversation is dumb and stopped being playful fun a while ago.
So you're quitting the debate ? It's a forfeit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom