• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I wonder if Mewtwo will be a good character for once in Smash 4. Only time will tell I guess.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never speedrunned as I always aimed for 100% with everything. Maybe one day I will. Who knows?
Well, I actually tried doing but I just prefer to do it the slower way. xD
uhg....I honestly think you shoudn't actually....

ok, this is annoying to explain, but basically, there's just no hype anymore for the series speedrunning. And honestly, there never was much on TTYD untill the fish glitch was found and also the ch3 partial skip (it's complicated, it involves sequence traveling) but after, it died.

as for UHE, being JP only, no one is hyped on English anymore.

The spm is practically absent because it's longer and due to the way the game manages ch....you basically can't break it.

pm64 WAS another sotry however. I said WAS because now, it's died. pm64 was broken all over the place. I reallly enjoyed the speedrun of it and iateyourpie was fun to watch.

But honestly, if I were you, don't expect to have much of a big scene in the series. It got its peak while I was gltich hunting actually and TTYD had been so much solid that in the end, my disoveries lead more to impossibilities than breaking...alltough, I did found this which allowed the ch3 partial skip to be possible, but a full skip was just not...

Like, speedrunning is more as a community and really, the scene for the series has died.

So, I don't reccommend to actually do it and really, never expect TTYD nor spm to be broken at one point, I can even almost confirm this for TTYD as I personally tried....

Even pm64 scene has died.

Which is sad because I was wanting the opposte to happen, but ehat can I do? I really tried everything I could.

So, it's also why I'm here actually :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Googles Shulk to get Really Feeling It GIF*

WHAT
THE ****
IS A SONIC

doing in my Shulk

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I see you have the awesome Project M theme. Nice!

Also, Canada FTW

He's actually named Ciao, as in "goodbye, I gotta sleep" ciao.
Dimentio?
Dimentio izzat you?
Are you echoing your dodgeballs again?

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
uhg....I honestly think you shoudn't actually....

ok, this is annoying to explain, but basically, there's just no hype anymore for the series speedrunning. And honestly, there never was much on TTYD untill the fish glitch was found and also the ch3 partial skip (it's complicated, it involves sequence traveling) but after, it died.

as for UHE, being JP only, no one is hyped on English anymore.

The spm is practically absent because it's longer and due to the way the game manages ch....you basically can't break it.

pm64 WAS another sotry however. I said WAS because now, it's died. pm64 was broken all over the place. I reallly enjoyed the speedrun of it and iateyourpie was fun to watch.

But honestly, if I were you, don't expect to have much of a big scene in the series. It got its peak while I was gltich hunting actually and TTYD had been so much solid that in the end, my disoveries lead more to impossibilities than breaking...alltough, I did found this which allowed the ch3 partial skip to be possible, but a full skip was just not...

Like, speedrunning is more as a community and really, the scene for the series has died.

So, I don't reccommend to actually do it and really, never expect TTYD nor spm to be broken at one point, I can even almost confirm this for TTYD as I personally tried....

Even pm64 scene has died.

Which is sad because I was wanting the opposte to happen, but ehat can I do? I really tried everything I could.

So, it's also why I'm here actually :)
Sort of on topic, but I just finished TTYD for the first time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So hey guys, how's the EVO hype goin.....

*Googles Shulk to get Really Feeling It GIF*

WHAT
THE ****

IS A SONIC
doing in my Shulk
Holy ****, it's a photorealistic hedgehog Christopher Thorn****. You really had to remind me of that annoying brown haired abomination again! Kill it with fire! Kill it with ****ing fire!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So hey guys, how's the EVO hype goin.....

Holy ****, it's a photorealistic hedgehog Christopher Thorn****. You really had to remind me of that annoying brown haired abomination again! Kill it with fire! Kill it with ****ing fire!

That Pit/Sora haired ripoff of a character. I don't even know what else to say about it. Flames are hawt.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
actually, for the heck of it, I;mgoing to explain what is the ch3 partial skip....this one has a quite long story behind it.

It's the second most usefull exploit of the game, the first is UHE, but before uhe, it was the fish glich which is basically, you had ms mows, and you could unlock the input after falling on water giving you access to warp pipe early and doing....stuff!

But ch3 partial skip is....probably the most complicated sequence breaking glitch I lead t its finding and that I saw.

First, its main componnent is the Grubba's office. You know the air duct when you go to the champion room to the office/? Yeah, it has a cutscene trigger in the duct. Altough, you might think it's impossible to go from the office to the duct....it actually is. See the duct cover?

That's not a wall, it has no colision. however, it does have them inside the duct which is cnfusing, but basically, you can go trought the duct cover....like it wasn;t a wall.

But getting to that cover was previously not proved possible. Altough, please remember that when I joined, not much tested and when I had an emulator, I think I was the only one active with dolphin + cheat engine.

So, once, a guy named cerpin which I did a lot of test with gave me the diea to test it.

I won't go over how it happened, but it was pure fluke. I was trying to get onthe bookcase....and I eventually got it but it took ours to record since I had to get it another time with my dazzle plugged :)

now, I will spoil you now, a year after, I figured that this jump is theoricaly impossible. You miss 7 pixels ofheight, but I found that there's a bug int he game where if you try to jump on a hard corner and you're at most 10.9 pixels underneat it, you will clip inside, but being so close to the top, you wll get ejectd upwards on the surface.

TL;DR: it's magical :)

now, getting on the shelf was a good thing....that lead to a big disappontement after. The game is extremely soid ontriggers. First, it deactivates all ch3 trigger so you can't get yoshi and the super hammer which you need to break the wall since you actually warped in the sequence to JUST before breaking it...the wall is still there and you can't get the super hammer. Also, because you don't have yoshi, if you drp on the floor of the champion room, you soft locked as it is impossible to go anyehere.

You can't even reserve any match because the game thinks you're supposed to break the duct so you did beat Rawk Hawk already. Altough...for weird reaosn that is very complicated t explain, the minor league terminal does work, but it prints some no message [English] which is dummy text.

Basically,, you're screwed.

However, way later, I have found a kinda complex tidbit about the game. Some triggers are flawed as they will never get activated until you do it manually. So, the example is the ch5 black chest. If ou manage to sequence break to before the end of the game, thechest willl still be closed and if you open it, it reverts the whole sequence back to you just opened that chest so for this case, you're now in ch5 and you havent defeated Cortex yet....silly, but it's like sequence break...backwards.

And someone found a way to skip the manual activation of a ch2 trigger.

So, this made the ch3 partial skip possible....but beware, the following might make you dizzy...

You skip the ch2 triggers which is destroying the ground pound pad under the punie cage. You beat ch2 normally then go to ch3. You advance the ranking until you get yoshi (previosuly, you wanted the hammer too, but now, it's uneccessary with the uhe...going to get to that later) and you escape ch3 via blimp.

You go back to ch2 and you manually activate the trigger, you are now in ch2 and you haven't started ch3 yet.

But remmeebr, you still have the blimp ticket. So you can go to the ch3 access and start it again which will seuence break the game to the beginning of ch3. You then do stuff normally, but when Grubba prompt to sign the contract, refuse and do the bookcase jump. Enter the duct and the cutscene will trigger sequence breaking the game to before breaking the duct, you already defeated Rawk Hawk. Since you have the hammer, you can break the duct and go on all normally.

ouf....if it sounds like it waste time, no because ch3 has the infamous reputation of being very long and run killer with rng....there's even meme that were made.

now the infamous ultra hammer early....oh geez, this is the only rage post I will do for TTYD, but because it's soid.

Ok, you know the ultra hammer chest in Rogueport? You can actually open it while being on the platform without having the uses of ultra boots.

Now,you might be asking, how the heck I get there?

THIS IS THE EXACT PROBLEM THS THING HAS!!!!

Really, guys, I freaking tried. I REALLY tried this and I can guarantee you, you will never find a wa on English ,never, NEVER!

The best theory we had is clipping out of the second floor of the inn. Now, check this, there's a bed just next to the wall I would like to clip out. YAY, I can try to make pressure on the hitbox so they suffer an let me go right?

right?

NO IT'S FAR MORE COMPLICATED!!!!

ok, really, the problem with the bed is you of coursehave an hitboxefor the bed islef...BUT THEY WERE SO INTELLIGENT THAT THEY MADE A SECOND HITBOX WITH THE GRREN BLANKET!!!!

I;m serious, they made an additional hitbox for a FREAKING BLANKET!

result, you just can't get into the bed. You can slightly into the balnket, but good luck passing the bed. The most frustrating part is that I tried to hack myself into the bed and it was possible with Paper Roll and being on yoshi which is useless because you get them after ch 3, but still I realy got cliped out!

I tried for weeks to get into this damm bed.

And I never was able to, I'll admit it was funny to see Paper Mario acting eraticaly with the bed, but gosh it was annoying.

Eventually, an existing glitch was found to behave differently in the JP version which allowed upon precise input to get on the platform, but what is now my view after all this?

THIS GAME IS FREAKING WELL CODED!!!!!

and I hate the ultra hammer chest from the bottom of my heart.

I HATE IT I WANT IT TO BURN IN FIRE!!!!

ouf....that was a quite rage post.

So, for short....yeah, don't glitch hunt TTYD, I did like 99% of your work already....

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Can't find a better place to ask, but does anyone know where I can find link's to gifs for the loser clapping animations of all characters at the results screen (not the No Contest Screen)? Like this one (in better frameates and quality though):

I dunno why, I just find these amusing to watch, and they make me feel good whenever I win a match. I'd happily try to take them from the game and make the gifs myself, but I can't since I don't have a capture card or anything.

D

Deleted member

The surprise Nintendo game will in fact be the highly-anticipated and innovative title...

PUZZLE & DRAGONS: SUPER MARIO EDITION

whoooo /plsno
No.

What will happen is this:

The beginning of every Smash 4 Newcomer trailer (except Mega Man's and Wii Fit Trainer's) starts. Luigi and Duck Hunt are looking around inside a dark building. Luigi is clearly scared out of his wits, shaking as he points his flashlight around the hall filled with children's drawings. while the dog and the duck casually inspect the checkerboard floor. Through Luigi's eyes, we see the flashlight turn and shine on Donkey Kong, who quickly shouts in Luigi's face to startle him. Luigi leaps while yelping, falling to the floor on his rear end while DK, the dog, and the duck laugh at him. Visibly annoyed, Luigi gets up and storms off to continue his search. Through his eyes we see him run into Bowser, who also roars in Luigi's face to startle him. Again, Luigi freaks out and everybody laughs. Luigi, tired of being startled sends Duck Hunt in front to look around. The animal duo check the floor as they move until they bump into something. Something hard. After shaking their heads from the pain, they notice what appear to be legs. Furry legs. Luigi and the others catch up to Duck Hunt, and as Luigi goes to shine his flashlight at the odd roadblack ahead, the batteries die. Luigi tries shaking the flashlight to get it back on, but as he does so, the little light the room gave shuts off. Everybody looks around in a panic, not knowing what's going on. The sound of a music box can be heard as the object in front of Duck Hunt starts flickering a light in the shape of a face. The dog and duck quickly jump back to the others as Luigi, DK, and Bowser can only look in fear and confusion at what's ahead. The music stops, and everything turns pitch black. Without warning "SCREEEEEEEEEEE-!" as a bear-like figure sends the entire party flying.
Freddy Takes the Stage!

After the following gameplay video is shown, another trailer plays, this one being Five Night's at Freddy's: Wii U Edition.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No.

The beginning of every Smash 4 Newcomer trailer (except Mega Man's and Wii Fit Trainer's) starts. Luigi and Duck Hunt are looking around inside a dark building. Luigi is clearly scared out of his wits, shaking as he points his flashlight around the hall filled with children's drawings. while the dog and the duck casually inspect the checkerboard floor. Through Luigi's eyes, we see the flashlight turn and shine on Donkey Kong, who quickly shouts in Luigi's face to startle him. Luigi leaps while yelping, falling to the floor on his rear end while DK, the dog, and the duck laugh at him. Visibly annoyed, Luigi gets up and storms off to continue his search. Through his eyes we see him run into Bowser, who also roars in Luigi's face to startle him. Again, Luigi freaks out and everybody laughs. Luigi, tired of being startled sends Duck Hunt in front to look around. The animal duo check the floor as they move until they bump into something. Something hard. After shaking their heads from the pain, they notice what appear to be legs. Furry legs. Luigi and the others catch up to Duck Hunt, and as Luigi goes to shine his flashlight at the odd roadblack ahead, the batteries die. Luigi tries shaking the flashlight to get it back on, but as he does so, the little light the room gave shuts off. Everybody looks around in a panic, not knowing what's going on. The sound of a music box can be heard as the object in front of Duck Hunt starts flickering a light in the shape of a face. The dog and duck quickly jump back to the others as Luigi, DK, and Bowser can only look in fear and confusion at what's ahead. The music stops, and everything turns pitch black. Without warning "SCREEEEEEEEEEE-!" as a bear-like figure sends the entire party flying.
Freddy Takes the Stage!

After the following gameplay video is shown, another trailer plays, this one being Five Night's at Freddy's: Wii U Edition.
and then everyone pisses their trousers. :4yoshi:

I was just about to post an FNAF pic... lol

D

Deleted member

And talking about my latest post, does anyone seriously play a game on a mobile device like the iPhone? I only played Sonic CD and the two episodes of Sonic 4 on my iPod touch, but that's it. I think I have some other games too...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And talking about my latest post, does anyone seriously play a game on a mobile device like the iPhone? I only played Sonic CD and the two episodes of Sonic 4 on my iPod touch, but that's it. I think I have some other games too...
I played Angry Birds but I had to delete them because my phone has next to no space for anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I played Angry Birds but I had to delete them beausse my phone has next to no space for anything.
I see. I tested that and it was... okay? Meh, I'd rather play on a handheld but I guess AB kills time quickly. I also have Mutant Mudds and Rayman Jungle Run. Those aren't bad, and no, I don't have the former on 3DS. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got a pokemon through wonder trade

That I am the original trainer of

D

Deleted member

Villager x Balloon Boy? Hopefully the "usual" FNAF shippers don't get any ideas with these two since the pairings in the fandom are bad enough. :urg:
>FNAF fanboys
A friend said the games are bad in YouTube and it went on to become a drama fest. Oh boy... I agree though.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I can't seem to figure out Sheik's killing move for All-Star on Hard. With the exception of a few characters so far, I usually spammed smash attacks, and the cpu's get KO'd within two or three attacks. With Sheik, it doesn't work as well...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I can't seem to figure out Sheik's killing move for All-Star on Hard. With the exception of a few characters so far, I usually spammed smash attacks, and the cpu's get KO'd within two or three attacks. With Sheik, it doesn't work as well...
Up Smash has a sweet-spot at her hands, so it's basically an anti-air, read, kill move; Side Smash can kill, but I don't know when, Fair can kill if you are able to land it near the blast zone, the same goes with Uair early on, but later on, it should kill with the final hit, Bair kills, but I don't know when, Burst Grenade can kill, Bouncing Fish also kills, Vanish kills on its first hit, and Down Smash can kill, but I don't know when.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Speaking of Premium, I just grabbed my saved money for that (50 pesos; which converted to dollars is... $3.58 ) plus another saved money I have in case of emergencies and used it to buy a Sailor V plush. So if anyone wants me magenta...well, do it :4lucina:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No.

Freddy Takes the Stage!

I.....would honestly really like this to happen.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Up Smash has a sweet-spot at her hands, so it's basically an anti-air, read, kill move; Side Smash can kill, but I don't know when, Fair can kill if you are able to land it near the blast zone, the same goes with Uair early on, but later on, it should kill with the final hit, Bair kills, but I don't know when, Burst Grenade can kill, Bouncing Fish also kills, Vanish kills on its first hit, and Down Smash can kill, but I don't know when.
Thanks, though I managed to get lucky and beat it right after the post. I somehow managed to survive past 200% in the second and fourth match. >_>

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thanks, though I managed to get lucky and beat it right after the post. I somehow managed to survive past 200% in the second and fourth match. >_>
I got fed up with All-Stars, so I'm only doing it on Normal which was hilarious with Ganondorf. The only time I beat it on Hard was with Ike who I knew could tank hits and who I knew I was comfortable enough to do it as. I really don't like the Spirit Tracks train stage at times since there's a time where the floor of the second wagon disappears and I landed on there a couple times and didn't know why I died. There's also one weird incident where something sent me up into the air and killed me despite me being well below 100%.

I don't think the 3DS version has a beat All-Stars with everyone on Hard, but I know it has a challenge for beat it once on hard. Aside from StreetSmash, hats, customs, and trophies, I'm getting there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im so jelly: a friend got a Shiny Protean Kecleon with DexNav at Level 11

Anyway, sleep time for me, goodnight all!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Villager x Balloon Boy? Hopefully the "usual" FNAF shippers don't get any ideas with these two since the pairings in the fandom are bad enough. :urg:
But it was too late...

I have no problem with this pair, so long as it doesn't escalate (which it has). I'm fine with, umm, certain ships of this nature, but not in the form of boy/bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom