• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd rather be the worst player who just enjoys playing the game than invest hundreds of hours studying matchups and crud. It's a video game. It's not something I would like to take too seriously. Beating the stuffing out of AIs to learn characters is good enough for me.
Agreed x9000. I do the same pretty much.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
*watching Video*
*turns up volume a bit cause I can't hear clearly*
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHERE YOU AT
WHERE YOU AT

*throws headphones at wall and tends to bleeding ears*
that's even worst when you realise that even if you actully heard the voices inperson, youtube = 196kbps compression so...you shoudn't turn up the volume for it...

Thought, for this, you can try:

It's quite funny but go to 1:35,

Wonder what people think because it's silly and has a kind of a catcy feel to it....but also make you want to throw your headphones at the same time which is silly.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ah, I see. Well, that's cool I guess. I don't have plans in joining that thing soon. Surprised they use 3 stocks though.
Three stocks should be a regular thing. I honestly don't feel a stock is a lead, plus matches fly by anyway in Sm4sh.
Two stocks just don't cut it
I found this gem while I was procrastinating

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

that's even worst when you realise that even if you actully heard the voices inperson, youtube = 196kbps compression so...you shoudn't turn up the volume for it...

Thought, for this, you can try:

Wonder what people think because it's silly and has a kind of a catcy feel to it....but also make you want to throw your headphones at the same time which is silly.
Would you have liked if Paper Mario was SMRPG2? Just asking as I mean, it would've been interesting if it turned out to be like that.

Soul.

Three stocks should be a regular thing. I honestly don't feel a stock is a lead, plus matches fly by anyway in Sm4sh.
Two stocks just don't cut it
2 stock is a boring concept brought by Noob Glory used in the sense that it would make the games go faster. That is not the case. 2 stocks are like having 1% in a Pokémon match. You need to save your first stock in a 2 stock match in order for you to win. Once you lose that first stock, you lose. 3 stock was fine in Brawl; there are people who agree with it being a thing in Smash 4. 3 stocks allows for comebacks, 2 stocks doesn't. Why? Again, 2 stock is hit or miss.
Also inb4 90% of Smash 4 matches are about the neutral game.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Cartridge Tilt SM64: Bad
Cartridge Tilt DK64: Bad
Cartridge Tilt PM64: OK :3

Very strange.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Page loads too slowly, there's too many Links :4ganondorf:

...or my browser is just slow as hell now.

Soul.

Is Melee still going to be at EVO? I'm not up to date on that front.
Melee won't be at EVO this year lol. It was either Melee or Smash 4. They chose the newest game for some reason.
edit: LOL NEVER MIND MELEE IS BACK BOYS

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like how the mood of the comments changed from salt fest to party hard in the news page when Melee got confirmed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Would you have liked if Paper Mario was SMRPG2? Just asking as I mean, it would've been interesting if it turned out to be like that.
honestly, that is quite a good question.

Because I did played smrpg,. but even though I enjoyed the game, it was for reasons completely different and I'd say "incompatible" with the Paper Mario series.

What I mean is that to want to have Paper Mario being smrpg2, it would mean that I'm ready to assume that pm64, TTYD and spm never existed,but wouldpossibly be smrpg stuff...

I onestly don't think I would ever be ready to do this. and the reason smrpg is just not Paper Mario is the way they make you react. What IS did is they took the foundation of smrpg and basically used them, but with a way different philosophy than square had.

btw, I never understood the appeal of geno, so it's not a thing I consider much.

And the thing is, I did played chrono trigger and really, I lvoe the game, but the problem is that Paper Mario is just simply what I would have wanted for a series to do and I ust love it.

Wich is why the answer of the question is kinda weird, I would never wish it would be smrpg2, but at the same time, I have to give credits to smrpg because first, it's of course awesome, but because it was the reason Paper Mario exists in the first place.

As for M&l, that's another thing, but basically, I acknowledge that the series is only there because of a cancellation, but that turned out to be imo better.

It does sounds like heavy coincidence, but honestly, it's not the only game that was born from that. heck, goldenye 007 had multiplayer and ironically, it was an aftertought....lol you just changed the multiplayer experience from an industry perpective....without actually having the intent to do so.

And for me, it showed a really interesting part of IS.

So, short answer: NO.

Long answer: still no, but I acknowledge that the series was made with circumstances and nothing else. imo, these turned out for the best as I saw with the first 3 games....the fourth had communications issues that apparently....might have resolved today even if they planned it months before....

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New to Forums and i don't know what to write...
:happysheep::yeahboi::yeahboi:
Welcome to hell The Social Thread! and to the boards in general, I recommend you to check the Welcome center to introduce yourself and meet the staff and rules.
Enjoy the site :happysheep:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm sorry I didn't notice they just added that article a few minutes ago you can't expect me to be twice as fast as the Flash or Sonic.
It appears Melee was only recently added to the article judging by the comments. Heck I just refreshed the page and now it lists Tekken 7 as well.

Soul.

It appears Melee was only recently added to the article judging by the comments. Heck I just refreshed the page and now it lists Tekken 7 as well.
I refreshed the page and saw Melee just now. Well, there you have it everyone. We're getting both Smash games. Now we can stop arguing which game is the best.

D

Deleted member

honestly, that is quite a good question.

Because I did played smrpg,. but even though I enjoyed the game, it was for reasons completely different and I'd say "incompatible" with the Paper Mario series.

What I mean is that to want to have Paper Mario being smrpg2, it would mean that I'm ready to assume that pm64, TTYD and spm never existed,but wouldpossibly be smrpg stuff...

I onestly don't think I would ever be ready to do this. and the reason smrpg is just not Paper Mario is the way they make you react. What IS did is they took the foundation of smrpg and basically used them, but with a way different philosophy than square had.

btw, I never understood the appeal of geno, so it's not a thing I consider much.

And the thing is, I did played chrono trigger and really, I lvoe the game, but the problem is that Paper Mario is just simply what I would have wanted for a series to do and I ust love it.

Wich is why the answer of the question is kinda weird, I would never wish it would be smrpg2, but at the same time, I have to give credits to smrpg because first, it's of course awesome, but because it was the reason Paper Mario exists in the first place.

As for M&l, that's another thing, but basically, I acknowledge that the series is only there because of a cancellation, but that turned out to be imo better.

It does sounds like heavy coincidence, but honestly, it's not the only game that was born from that. heck, goldenye 007 had multiplayer and ironically, it was an aftertought....lol you just changed the multiplayer experience from an industry perpective....without actually having the intent to do so.

And for me, it showed a really interesting part of IS.

So, short answer: NO.

Long answer: still no, but I acknowledge that the series was made with circumstances and nothing else. imo, these turned out for the best as I saw with the first 3 games....the fourth had communications issues that apparently....might have resolved today even if they planned it months before....
Yeah, I don't see the appeal of Geno either, but, hey to each their own. I think it's good that Paper Mario is its own thing rather than a sequel of SMRPG.

Must've been a last minute addition in that case, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, I don't see the appeal of Geno either, but, hey to each their own. I think it's good that Paper Mario is its own thing rather than a sequel of SMRPG.

Must've been a last minute addition in that case, I think.
No I think the article was uploaded before all the games were announced on the stream.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Well, this brought 10 minutes of entertainment. Two Japanese dudes try to avoid a green mushroom in SM64

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Good to see both games represented.

Though, remind me, was EVO the one with a horrible streaming system? I remember one event that had all sorts of ads, mistakes being made etc. There was that one pizza guy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom