• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
So I had a crazy match at a friendly tonight.

My opponent was playing:4yoshi: and I was :4megaman:, as always and we were on Final Destination. It was back and forth between us, with his Yoshi playing aggressive and my Mega Man playing the spacing game. It was down to the wire with both of us with last stock and over 130%. Yoshi smacks me deep in the right side of the stage, DI saving me from death. I mess up my recovery and Yoshi ends up smacking me down in to the abyss.

Already using my second jump, I Up B'd, but didn't reach the ledge, so Mega Man starts falling to his death. Yoshi, being a cocky *******, tried to go for the disrespect, jumping after me and attempting to meteor me. Then, probably knowing I was going to die, B-aired, which hit Yoshi, black lightning struck, and Yoshi shoots to the right of the screen, getting KO'd almost a millisecond before I fell to my death. Game. Set. Match.

I have never screamed so loud in my life out of disbelief and pure joy. It was a beautiful end to a frustrating match.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It really doesn't. It only seems to lag that much when there's more than two players.

Actually, this is the first I've heard about it.
Really? Well, it's just about the consumer features about the operating system. Who knows? They might as well show an overhauled user interface like those Spartan browser concept images.

Tell me when they put back in 3-D Pinball. Then we can talk.
I think there was some way of putting that into Windows 7 and therefore it can work in newer releases.. it's third party AND the XP version, so yeah lol.

Soul.

If you know a bunch of complicated moves with a sword, and the other guy just rushes up and stabs you because that's the first thing that comes to his mind, would you say the guy who's bleeding out on the ground is more skilled? He does, after all, know more moves than the guy who's still alive.
I honestly don't know. If I see a good player in For Glory, I do my best to win, even if the win rate doesn't matter. Input lag is bothersome.
Examples of noobs:
- People who use Sheik / Falcon / ZSS / Sonic / Ganondorf / Toon Link and spam down air and Down B, respectively (bolded ones are Down B).
- Little Macs who spam jab, dash attack and forward smash.
- Projectile spam! (This is a big one).
- In general, people who don't know how to play.

By the way this whole club nintendo thing.

This may mean we may get to use mewtwo in feburary.
Is Mewtwo really a big thing? I don't know.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I had a crazy match at a friendly tonight.

My opponent was playing:4yoshi: and I was :4megaman:, as always and we were on Final Destination. It was back and forth between us, with his Yoshi playing aggressive and my Mega Man playing the spacing game. It was down to the wire with both of us with last stock and over 130%. Yoshi smacks me deep in the right side of the stage, DI saving me from death. I mess up my recovery and Yoshi ends up smacking me down in to the abyss.

Already using my second jump, I Up B'd, but didn't reach the ledge, so Mega Man starts falling to his death. Yoshi, being a cocky *******, tried to go for the disrespect, jumping after me and attempting to meteor me. Then, probably knowing I was going to die, B-aired, which hit Yoshi, black lightning struck, and Yoshi shoots to the right of the screen, getting KO'd almost a millisecond before I fell to my death. Game. Set. Match.

I have never screamed so loud in my life out of disbelief and pure joy. It was a beautiful end to a frustrating match.
I remember once in FG, a Yoshi had knocked me off the stage, and I ended up helpless. I was guaranteed to be KO'd, but then he leaped after me, used his Dair (which got me out of helpless) and accidentally allowed me to recover.
I lost the match anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fact: 3D Pinball works flawlessly in 7/8. Just copy the folder onto a flash drive and transfer it.
Yeah, that. It works, but I don't play it. Uhm, well, I did, but that was back in the XP days. Either way it's fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly don't know. If I see a good player in For Glory, I do my best to win, even if the win rate doesn't matter. Input lag is bothersome.
Examples of noobs:
- People who use Sheik / Falcon / ZSS / Sonic / Ganondorf / Toon Link and spam down air and Down B, respectively (bolded ones are Down B).

Is Mewtwo really a big thing? I don't know.
You forgot all the Diddy
I try to stay away from For Glory now though, it's frustrating

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No it doesn't.
This user can explain what im talking about

My understanding is this:

March 31st
-Offer for free Mewtwo DLC ends
-Ability to register products on Club Nintendo ends

The Mewtwo deadline is not because of the release date of Mewtwo, but because the free DLC promotion HAS TO END on that date as it is a Club Nintendo offer. Of course, Mewtwo will be up for purchase normally at some point as well.

So, since the March 31st date no longer has any bearing on the possible release date for the Mewtwo DLC, Mewtwo can come any time in "Spring 2015." The excitement begins when you realize that "Spring 2015" is not quite the same in Japan as it is in America. Mewtwo could be announced at any time now, I feel. Before the Club Nintendo news, I thought that we'd have to wait until March to get any Mewtwo news. Now I feel like it could happen at any time.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Examples of noobs:
As a Mega Main, I can't help with the projectile spamming. 50% of Mega Man's moves is projectile. I apologize if we frustrate you. :(

Sorry wolfie, quoted the wrong person. :/

Last edited:

Soul.

You forgot all the Diddy
I try to stay away from For Glory now though, it's frustrating
....Diddy is common in For Glory? Really now? What.
As a Mega Main, I can't help with the projectile spamming. 50% of Mega Man's moves is projectile. I apologize if we frustrate you. :(
I have no problems with Mega Man lol. It's mainly Link / Toon Link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have real fond memories of it. I even have a remix of the main theme saved.
I wasn't / ain't that much into the pre-installed games Windows has, but this is cool. If I wanted to game on my computer it'd have to be some form of emulation. xD
I sometimes play it because bored, but that's when it's a Windows XP PC of course.. and a guest one, at that.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I did hear one bit of good news lately;

Ninja Pig Studios, the "developer" of the infamous eShop "game" Meme Run, has been caught red-handed stealing sprites and then lying about it to the guy who made said sprites. Jumpy Cat, their next game which was supposed to come out this Thursday (the one that used the stolen spritework), has been axed.

And even better, it looks like Meme Run's next. People have been tracking down the copyright of everything that's been illegally used in it and reporting it to NOA's legal department.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, went to the dentist today. Definitely gonna need to floss and take care of the gums more...:urg:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Ninja Pig Studios, the "developer" of the infamous eShop "game" Meme Run, has been caught red-handed stealing sprites and then lying about it to the guy who made said sprites. Jumpy Cat, their next game which was supposed to come out this Thursday (the one that used the stolen spritework), has been axed.

And even better, it looks like Meme Run's next. People have been tracking down the copyright of everything that's been illegally used in it and reporting it to NOA's legal department.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I have no problems with Mega Man lol. It's mainly Link / Toon Link.
Usually when someone plays Link or Toon Link I automatically switch to Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff can shut down their projective game very well. Kirby can too believe it or not, and it's even funnier when you copy them. You can projectile spam right back. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, I'll give Donut Steel that. At least it was entertaining. Oh well, we're gonna have to get used to seeing recolor GIFs every time.

Because a new reward programme made by Nintendo will be up in the coming months.
I think it's more because club nintendo was made to have data on consumers....

but there's proof that it's not that reliable and with them moving to social media, I myself questioned the point.

Seriously, I realy think it's a good news.

Soul.

Usually when someone plays Link or Toon Link I automatically switch to Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff can shut down their projective game very well. Kirby can too believe it or not, and it's even funnier when you copy them. You can projectile spam right back. :p
I didn't know Puff could shut them down. Thanks for letting me know that. Now I can finally beat noob projectile spammers that need to step up their game.

D

Deleted member

That means it's FINALLY getting removed? Good riddance, then.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, went to the dentist today. Definitely gonna need to floss and take care of the gums more...:urg:
Y'know what's better than brushing and flossing?

Brushing and using a Waterpik. Studies have shown that brushing and using dental water jet (such as a Waterpik, at least once a day), is more effective to reduce gingivitis, plaque, and whatnot than the traditional brushing + flossing. And yet my dentists don't tell me ****. I find it a lot easier using a Waterpik than flossing, especially since I have braces (though I still floss sometimes... and yeah, brushing with a sonic brush + Waterpik yielded the best results).

Bought my Waterpik for around $60, and it's pretty loud, but it does a good job at cleaning.

R0Y

Smash Master
I've been thinking back, is it wrong to break off a friendship because someone doesn't like you back? What if you couldn't stop thinking about them?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's more because club nintendo was made to have data on consumers....

but there's proof that it's not that reliable and with them moving to social media, I myself questioned the point.

Seriously, I realy think it's a good news.
About Club Nintendo, I saw one of the press releases and it says this, regarding Flipnote Studio 3D:

This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D.
Does that mean no Flipnote Gallery: World?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I didn't know Puff could shut them down. Thanks for letting me know that. Now I can finally beat noob projectile spammers that need to step up their game.
Just need to practice with her a bit. N-Air and F-Air are your best friends and so is your float. Might take you a few tries, but since every noob on FG spams the same stuff, all you gotta do is float above them and take a shot when the opportunity is there.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
On Tomodachi Island?
image.jpg

Y'know what's better than brushing and flossing?

Brushing and using a Waterpik. Studies have shown that brushing and using dental water jet (such as a Waterpik, at least once a day), is more effective to reduce gingivitis, plaque, and whatnot than the traditional brushing + flossing. And yet my dentists don't tell me ****. I find it a lot easier using a Waterpik than flossing, especially since I have braces (though I still floss sometimes... and yeah, brushing with a sonic brush + Waterpik yielded the best results).

Bought my Waterpik for around $60, and it's pretty loud, but it does a good job at cleaning.
I bet I still have a water pick at my house, but that's only one water pick, so I won't be taking it to the dormitory.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Of course I'm the only one who actually kinda likes Meme Run because I like dumb crap like that.

I don't see the problem with it anyway

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can arrange for an unmarked black van to park across from your house as a daily flossing reminder.

If you want, that is.
But can you at least give out free candy?

Of course I'm the only one who actually kinda likes Meme Run because I like dumb crap like that.

I don't see the problem with it anyway
Easy. It's a crappy game with an equally crappy sense of humor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom