• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I could probably poop out an OC and it still have more personality and originality than a good majority of OCs, as corny as that may sounds...

:awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Waifu Yolo Lion :troll:
It's stuff like this that I absolutely despise.

Sure, it's slightly (keyword being "slightly) more original than just altering the main fur and eye colors of an existing character, but it's full of vibrant colors and random symbols, it's unnatural, completely out of style for the Lion King universe. At least with Sonic, while there are thousands of them, the style usually fits with it. But with the Lion King, it's just.....ugh.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
But technically it's not really sequence breaking since you need the badges in order to use the HMs. Unless they changed that.
They changed it for Gen V, then promptly changed it back once they realized certain Pokémon learn HM moves (namely Dive/Waterfall) early on, thus giving you access to post/late game stuff early on (such as collecting type/Arceus Plates).

On top of the badge restrictions, they also usually add random NPCs/barriers preventing progression until linearity ensues. It's basically like overkill for sequence breaking.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The worst OC I have seen was a one that was a daughter of Naruto and the story was that Kushina ( Naruto Mother if anyone didn't watch Naruto) break up with Minato ( Naruto father ) and date Naruto and have a child and now Naruto have sex with his daughter which is that person OC.
Wait
So
Her Mom is her Dad's Mom?
/relevant

D

Deleted member

The worst OC I have seen was a one that was a daughter of Naruto and the story was that Kushina ( Naruto Mother if anyone didn't watch Naruto) break up with Minato ( Naruto father ) and date Naruto and have a child and now Naruto have sex with his daughter which is that person OC.
I have no comment... seriously.. no comment...

Soul.

I could probably poop out an OC and it still have more personality and originality than a good majority of OCs, as corny as that may sounds...

:awesome:
Everyone could do that, it's just.... ugh, Sonic X. If that anime didn't exist we wouldn't have recolors.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
And I thought I had a disturbing mind...

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Everyone could do that, it's just.... ugh, Sonic X. If that anime didn't exist we wouldn't have recolors.
I think there still would be, anime or not, just not in large droves if it didn't exist.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I saw an actual original Sonic OC once
It was a freaking badass Shark, but it kept with the Sonic "feel :4shulk:" and looked suprisingly natural
I'd go find a picture, but
more nope.png

Internet is a bad place

Last edited:

Soul.

I think there still would be anime or not, just not in large droves if it wasn't the case of the anime.
Well, yeah, you're right. I think recolors got popular with Sonic X being a thing. That, and recolor makers using Paint. *cough* Coldsteel the Hedgheg *cough*

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
oC9Egkm.gif

Don't talk about those things. Seriously, even the internet is ashamed of it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

A wild text appeared!

D

Deleted member

Lemme guess, his backstory is that he is the long lost brother of Sonic and Knuckles and the two are secretly related because of that? :p
You could say pretty much the same for all Sonic recolors in this planet. :smirk:
I don't know, but his videos are just too funny to watch. Of course, he quit in 2012 so it's an old story.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Then you don't know the internet that well. There are a lot more disturbing things out there.
Oh, don't worry, I know there's much more weird stuff on the internet.
Like this for example :
Not OCs, but seriously : WHY.DOES.THIS.EXIST.?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

A wild text appeared!
I'm tempted to save this for later use.

You could say pretty much the same for all Sonic recolors in this planet. :smirk:
I don't know, but his videos are just too funny to watch. Of course, he quit in 2012 so it's an old story.
This particular recolor had videos?

Was it serious stuff or satire?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's stuff like this that I absolutely despise.

Sure, it's slightly (keyword being "slightly) more original than just altering the main fur and eye colors of an existing character, but it's full of vibrant colors and random symbols, it's unnatural, completely out of style for the Lion King universe. At least with Sonic, while there are thousands of them, the style usually fits with it. But with the Lion King, it's just.....ugh.
What's wrong? You can't handle the Waifu Yolo Lion? :4villager:

But in full honesty I agree. If you're gonna make an OC of an existing series, at least stick to the style it carries.

That's why I make open OCs. I'm not bound to any rules and can just make whatever I want.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Hey speaking of Sonikku, I been working on a fan game while I was gone! Here some screen shots:

"Welcome to overused tropical trope zone! This stage will mainly focus on branching paths"

"This is Green Hill Zone! This will act as a hub for the game and depending on what level you beat, the hub will change,
cosmetic wise."

"Sonic seem to be in a cave of some sorts..."

I will probably do a pic of the day type thing until I feel like it good enough to release a demo for.

Soul.

Do you mean this one?

:troll:
I thank you for giving me nightmares. Now I'll have to find a way for this nightmare to fade....

Like Shrek X Shadow or Gamergate
Miiverse:
1. An application made by Nintendo in that noobs join and post bad drawings, talk about memes and think they are the greatest thing to ever exist.
2. A site made by noobs, the noobs, and the tryhards.

I'm tempted to save this for later use.

This particular recolor had videos?

Was it serious stuff or satire?
It was serious stuff.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Bloctor Bleggman was my favorite Sonic character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's wrong? You can't handle the Waifu Yolo Lion? :4villager:

But in full honesty I agree. If you're gonna make an OC of an existing series, at least stick to the style it carries.

That's why I make open OCs. I'm not bound to any rules and can just make whatever I want.
That's where ideas can be put to their freshest and finest use, with something completely new.

It was serious stuff.
Well, serious I suppose? His YouTube was GyroHedgie453.
Do any of his videos still exist out there?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Well, yeah, you're right. I think recolors got popular with Sonic X being a thing. That, and recolor makers using Paint. *cough* Coldsteel the Hedgheg *cough*
Eh, not everyone can afford the luxury of Photoshop and I'm sure most of them are too young or apathetic to know what GIMP is. Not that it matters though. You'd think they'd pick up a sketchbook and create something themselves, but some take the lazy way out. Sad really.

Also, I have the notion that some of these creations are the work of trolls half the time. I mean, it's plausible.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey speaking of Sonikku, I been working on a fan game while I was gone! Here some screen shots:

"Welcome to overused tropical trope zone! This stage will mainly focus on branching paths"

"This is Green Hill Zone! This will act as a hub for the game and depending on what level you beat, the hub will change,
cosmetic wise."

"Sonic seem to be in a cave of some sorts..."

I will probably do a pic of the day type thing until I feel like it good enough to release a demo for.
You did all that by yourself?

Soul.

Do any of his videos still exist out there?
Yes.
Eh, not everyone can afford the luxury of Photoshop and I'm sure most of them are too young or apathetic to know what GIMP is. Not that it matters though. You'd think they'd pick up a sketchbook and create something themselves, but some take the lazy way out. Sad really.

Also, I have the notion that some of these creations are the work of trolls half the time. I mean, it's plausible.
It's possible. You could make an OC for trolling purposes right now just to bother recolor makers who RP. Then again, this is mostly seen in the Sonic Fanon Wiki.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I suddenly wanted to listen to this music again. For some weird reason, Peach's Castle is my favorite stage in Melee. Probably because I unlocked :drmario: there when I was a kid. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom