• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't the waifuism start since Genealogy of War?
You were right, the Love mechanic dated back to that very game and yet not a single fan bats an eye at it. Some Fire Emblem fans even argued that Awakening made the waifu undertones tones very obvious when it came to their pairing system unlike the older titles. I can already imagine the salt if they even think about bringing it back in Fire Emblem 14, plus the growing amount of lonely waifu-craving neckbeards. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"They're especially good at picking out consistences in the atmosphere or the way a person behaves."
So what they're saying is that Mudkip are secretly caustic critics? 'Cause that would explain a lot about me.

And this, my friends, is another example of a Smash fan that considers anything "anime" bad to the point of hating the character designs of select RPG's (Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, ect.). How many "anime" characters were in Smash to begin with (Shulk, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Zelda, Ike, Marth, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Lucina, and Robin)? That's only a small fraction when compared to the countless cartoony humans/creatures in the roster like the Mario gang and Kirby's crew. And don't get me started on the number of Pokemon in the game (including the upcoming Mewtwo that will be available soon). Besides, this game will probably get as little content as trophies in Smash 6 since Fire Emblem 15/16 has a better chance when it comes to getting a playable rep. Embarrass

Also, bashing an anticipated title like Fire Emblem just because of a blue haired "anime" girl? Sure, like the characters in the entire franchise weren't "anime" since the 80's and you call yourself a Fire Emblem fan (He said that he liked the franchise until Awakening started the trend of waifuism in the franchise and had terrible characters/plot when compared to older titles). Yes Awakening did not live up to the expectations of many hardcore fans, but it arguably saved the series from death unlike the forgotten Advance Wars games. There's a small chance that FE14 could improve on the problems Awakening had and make them better in order to keep the series alive.

God forbid this guy from losing his sanity if there were more "anime" newcomers in Smash 6. :rolleyes:
Why do I feel this is the kind of guy who perfectly fits the "bro" personality?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*sees Camerupt*
Oh, I love Camerupt! Probably one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon.
Let's see what's u-

HOLY FREAKING **** IS THIS GUY A PSYCHIC-TYPE

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Decided to start up a new file of Luigi's Mansion and go through a run of the game for the first time in years.

I don't think I ever have gotten the A rank Mansion/ending, so that's my primary goal for this run: to finally get it.

That, and get a gold frame for all of the Portrait Ghosts. Simply put, I'm going for a "perfect run'.

Right now I'm stuck trying to get the gold frame for Mr. Luggs...

Soul.

And this, my friends, is another example of a Smash fan that considers anything "anime" bad to the point of hating the character designs of select RPG's (Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, ect.). How many "anime" characters were in Smash to begin with (Shulk, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Zelda, Ike, Marth, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Lucina, and Robin)? That's only a small fraction when compared to the countless cartoony humans/creatures in the roster like the Mario gang and Kirby's crew. And don't get me started on the number of Pokemon in the game (including the upcoming Mewtwo that will be available soon). Besides, this game will probably get as little content as trophies in Smash 6 since Fire Emblem 15/16 has a better chance when it comes to getting a playable rep. Embarrass

Also, bashing an anticipated title like Fire Emblem just because of a blue haired "anime" girl? Sure, like the characters in the entire franchise weren't "anime" since the 80's and you call yourself a Fire Emblem fan (He said that he liked the franchise until Awakening started the trend of waifuism in the franchise and had terrible characters/plot when compared to older titles). Yes Awakening did not live up to the expectations of many hardcore fans, but it arguably saved the series from death unlike the forgotten Advance Wars games. There's a small chance that FE14 could improve on the problems Awakening had and make them better in order to keep the series alive.

God forbid this guy from losing his sanity if there were more "anime" newcomers in Smash 6. :rolleyes:
I don't know why is that user talking about Smash 6 characters when it's too early to think about that. Calling the characters "anime" material is just asking for a laugh. Like, come on, it makes no sense. They look like anime characters, yes, but I haven't seen them in an actual anime.

TL;DR: Post makes no sense, user does not know what are they talking about.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though now that I see it, he could be a troll. I mean, why else would he have an avatar that says "90's kid"?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I just use Buster instead of Smash while playing as Shulk. I also save Monado Speed and Jump for Smash Run
Right? Shulk is my favorite character for smash run. I love how his monado things are extremely helpful in the race to the finish and the jump one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't know why is that user talking about Smash 6 characters when it's too early to think about that. Calling the characters "anime" material is just asking for a laugh. Like, come on, it makes no sense. They look like anime characters, yes, but I haven't seen them in an actual anime.

Troll used Lol
It was super effecctive!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
*sees Camerupt*
Oh, I love Camerupt! Probably one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon.
Let's see what's u-

HOLY FREAKING **** IS THIS GUY A PSYCHIC-TYPE

You weren't really banned for incredibly vague reasons? Shows what I know.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You were right, the Love mechanic dated back to that very game and yet not a single fan bats an eye at it. Some Fire Emblem fans even argued that Awakening made the waifu undertones tones very obvious when it came to their pairing system unlike the older titles. I can already imagine the salt if they even think about bringing it back in Fire Emblem 14, plus the growing amount of lonely waifu-craving neckbeards. :laugh:
Also funny how some people bash the ship system yet in almost all previous pre-Awakening games they make sure for their OTPs to end together no matter what.

My guess is that the hate Awakening generates is because it's the most popular title in the series. Sure, other games in the series have more difficuty, deeper stories and some mechanics need to be polished (which I'm sure if will do), but I can assure if it didn't sell 1 million copies it would get less hate. Let's see how FEif will do, and prepare for Zelda Cycle FE Ver.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Decided to start up a new file of Luigi's Mansion and go through a run of the game for the first time in years.

I don't think I ever have gotten the A rank Mansion/ending, so that's my primary goal for this run: to finally get it.

That, and get a gold frame for all of the Portrait Ghosts. Simply put, I'm going for a "perfect run'.

Right now I'm stuck trying to get the gold frame for Mr. Luggs...
Have you ever seen Luigi's Mansion Versus?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

You weren't really banned for incredibly vague reasons? Shows what I know.
*Mod Edits a post I made*
"U WAN' BLUH-D GO M8"
*bananaslamma'd*
TL;DR

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Guys, I'm here to post something very important to me.

I haven't been on here very much because I have been writing a creepypasta story for Smash Bros. I have been working on this for almost 2 years, blood, sweat, and a sticky white substance has been put into this. I decided to post this here because it seemed the most fitting. I have made it scarier than all other creepypastas combined. And I hope you all enjoy.

Well, here it is:

I was playing Smash Bros., then a skeleton jumped out.

That's my magnum opus.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

I haven't been on here very much because I have been writing a creepypasta story for Smash Bros. I have been working on this for almost 2 years, blood, sweat, and a sticky white substance has been put into this. I decided to post this here because it seemed the most fitting. I have made it scarier than all other creepypastas combined. And I hope you all enjoy.

Well, here it is:

That's my magnum opus.
Thanks for the nightmares.

D

Deleted member

I did see something about Knuckles the Knuckles hitting Kermit the Ninja in the face with a coconut custard pie with whipped cream, but I let it come true and I laughed.
Lol. What happened with the rest of the regulars? Were they absent in the dream?

Soul.

Well, here it is:

That's my magnum opus.
10/10 would read again. Will there be a sequel? I wonder....

D

Deleted member

Well, here it is:

That's my magnum opus.
10/10 should be finished when Halloween comes out.

Soul.

Those Pokémon personality images are abundant in Serebii's forums. Almost every signature has one of them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I know right? I've even thought of a scenario in which he really loses his mind over Smash 6 newcomers being anime:

90's Kid: "Alright, it's the year 2019 and I am excited for the game of Smash. Hopefully we can finally get Ridley and have King K. Rool!"

Takamaru Slices Through the Coompetition!

90's Kid: "Who the hell is this Rurouni Kenshin reject? Oh well, I hope he's the only anime character in the game."

Lip Blossoms into Battle!

90's Kid: "Okay, some flowery loli is the next newcomer? I hope we can get someone that's actually worth playing as."

Andy Controls the Battlefield!

90's Kid: "Some anime brat that looks like Shinji is in Smash? I really hope he is the last anime newcomer that's in and I want a damn K. Rool announcement."

Saavy Stylist Joins the Fashion Fight!

90's Kid: "Why the **** would they add some shojo chick from a game that only girls play? I really hope that the Tumblr fanatics didn't pressure Sakurai to add a wasted slot like this *****. Come on, just announce someone good already!"

Isaac Shakes Things Up!

90's Kid: "Oh great, another "Shulk-like" character had to show his ugly face in a great game like this. I just hope things doesn't get too over-saturated with weaboo trash like this."

Inkling Splats In!

90's Kid: "More ****ing loli bait is in Smash? Last time I checked, this wasn't Jump Ultimate Stars or Aqua ****ing Plazza! I just want at least one newcomer that isn't a generic anime character for once and it better be Ridley."

*Insert FE 15 protagonist here* Prepares for Battle!

90's Kid: "***************************************************************************!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom