• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Awkward confession time: I've never played a Fire Emblem game.

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, they gave Boomerang a makeover to match Cartoon Network. It's just like when Nicktoons Network/Nick Jr. lost their identities to match Nickelodeon.
I heard about that. I like the new brand. Seems simple and clean, compared to the old logo, which is extremely outdated (well, to me, anyway). I don't know how it would work as a second flagship channel, however...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope this is not the wrong topic, but I'd like to ask something about data-mining. I heard that the Wii U version of Smash is going to be open to data mining soon. Can anyone else confirm this? Once again, I hope I am not posting this on the wrong topic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh ****, they gave Boomerang a makeover to match Cartoon Network. It's just like when Nicktoons Network/Nick Jr. lost their identities to match Nickelodeon.
Look, as long as they're still playing the classic shows, I'm fine.
Edit: Welp, I can't believe it. Boomerang's dead.

I hope this is not the wrong topic, but I'd like to ask something about data-mining. I heard that the Wii U version of Smash is going to be open to data mining soon. Can anyone else confirm this? Once again, I hope I am not posting this on the wrong topic.
"Topics"? What are those?
Though to be serious, I haven't heard much on the subject.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

This totally misses the part where I like to eat, sleep and block people's paths.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Don't worry, I've never finished a Zelda-game.
Out of the Nintendo "trinity", I don't really like Zelda or Pokemon. :4mario: is the only popular franchise I enjoy.
*Post Reply*

Thank Naga, this website doesn't have a dislike button. >_>

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im really suprised because this actually describes me in some way

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So when did Boomerang become Cartoon Network 2.0? What happened to the classics? Where did all this crap come from?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So when did Boomerang become Cartoon Network 2.0? What happened to the classics? Where did all this crap come from?
Why do people praise Boomerang as if it's the last bastion of CN's greatness? The reruns of the Jetsons, Two Stupid Dogs, and other Hanna-Barbara classics will eventually become stale. That's not to say I completely enjoy CN, the only shows that pique my interest are Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and (to a lesser extent) Regular Show.

You could just purchase the DVDs of your old favorites.
Or pirate them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That sounds like the Latin American Boomerang (before 2014)
So, you don't have Tooncast?
I have looked up those versions of the channel thanks to my friend Google, and both airing archive programming seems pointless. If anything, remove the latter and let Boomerang do its original thing.

Since 2014 / 2015. What do you expect from Turner Broadcasting? :troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Somewhere around late 2013, the classics are gone or on really late, I don't know where this crap came from.
That sounds like the Latin American Boomerang (before 2014)
So, you don't have Tooncast?
No I don't, I live in the US. :c

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want someone to find the Pokemon that suits me.
I'm too lazy.
And I'm watching my Sister play PAC-MAN 4: Even More University Woes.

Soul.

I hate Meta Knight spammers. Drill Rush, Drill Rush, Drill Rush. Can't they do something else.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Out of the Nintendo "trinity", I don't really like Zelda or Pokemon. :4mario: is the only popular franchise I enjoy.
*Post Reply*

Thank Naga, this website doesn't have a dislike button. >_>
True, but on any website like this, all it takes to make a dislike button is for someone to reply saying, "DISLIKE."
And then the # of likes that post gets is how many dislikes the post it's replying to gets.
Thank god we don't get those people either though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have looked up those versions of the channel thanks to my friend Google, and both airing archive programming seems pointless. If anything, remove the latter and let Boomerang do its original thing.
Actually they don't air the same exact things; Boomerang Latin America started like the other Boomerangs; but in the mid 2000s the programming shifted into teen-oriented shows; including sitcoms, soaps, etc.
Because of that Tooncast was created in 2008 to house all the old Cartoon Cartoons + HB Classics and some anime, while Boomerang was used as a experimental channel until 2014 were it went back to classic programming + some new international cartoons.
The diffrence is that Tooncast is 100% focused on recreate the Cartoon Network era before 2005-2008 with no interruptions giving a better nostalgia feeling while Boomerang tries to give more variety.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To my knowledge, we don't. Then again, I haven't had cable for years, so even if we did I wouldn't know.
According to Wikipedia, it's a Latin American channel that serves the same purpose as Boomerang before the rebrand-- archive programming. So no, it's not here in the US.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why do people praise Boomerang as if it's the last bastion of CN's greatness? The reruns of the Jetsons, Two Stupid Dogs, and other Hanna-Barbara classics will eventually become stale. That's not to say I completely enjoy CN, the only shows that pique my interest are Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and (to a lesser extent) Regular Show.

You could just purchase the DVDs of your old favorites.
Or pirate them.
Sure, it was pretty much reruns I'll give you that. And I'm not saying "our shows suck and the older generation is much better", far from it. But I can see why there would be a fanbase for it. For one, it allowed for a younger generation to experience a lot of cartoons that made Cartoon Network what it is now (along with some newer ones like Swat Kats and Courage). Nostalgia also helped quite a bit.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Does anyone remember a kids show called Hi-5? My sister is watching it right now from an old DVD many years ago and is literally suffering . :joyful:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In Latin America Tooncast is a very liked channel (specially because Boomerang was used for other stuff most of the time) because it houses everything that made Cartoon Network good during its gold era.
Latin CN is crap since 2010; irregular programming (like one day Pokémon was aired at 2pm but after that was aired at 2am), borrowed stuff (Like that awful El Chavo del 8 cartoon) airing the same stuff over and over (3 hours of Adventure time followed for 3 hours of any version of Ben 10 + 2 hours of el Chavo) and the worst thing; Live action series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually they don't air the same exact things; Boomerang Latin America started like the other Boomerangs; but in the mid 2000s the programming shifted into teen-oriented shows; including sitcoms, soaps, etc.
Because of that Tooncast was created in 2008 to house all the old Cartoon Cartoons + HB Classics and some anime, while Boomerang was used as a experimental channel until 2014 were it went back to classic programming + some new international cartoons.
The diffrence is that Tooncast is 100% focused on recreate the Cartoon Network era before 2005-2008 with no interruptions giving a better nostalgia feeling while Boomerang tries to give more variety.
I see, yeah, I heard about it. Broadcasting sitcoms and teen-oriented programs must've affected that Boomerang's ratings, so I guess I get why the Tooncast channel exists.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just started going through Classic on 7.0 for everyone. I'm starting with characters I use the least, so I keep losing the first and sometimes the second attempts before getting to the final stage. At least the more money I get, the closer I am to the 300000 gold challenge, which would take much longer if I went with the 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush challenge first...

I wonder what my Pokemon personality is...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Does anyone remember a kids show called Hi-5? My sister is watching it right now from an old DVD many years ago and is literally suffering . :joyful:
No, but I found this while Googling:

Look at the fourth. Why?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom