• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Virtualisation ftw!

Screenshot from 2015-01-19 18:42:10.png

So, the thing you have to know is this VM wasn't made from scratch. I plugged it my physical hard drive partition that contains Windows stuff. The bountifulness of this thing is it has only access to Windows, not linux which is safe to run :)

YAY!!!!, no more rebooting :)

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I typically get done replying to/checking all my alerts, and then I think "I wonder what's happening on the social thread right about now...Imma go say wassup." And there goes my evening :p

D

Deleted member

Virtualisation ftw!

View attachment 36281

So, the thing you have to know is this VM wasn't made from scratch. I plugged it my physical hard drive partition that contains Windows stuff. The bountifulness of this thing is it has only access to Windows, not linux which is safe to run :)

YAY!!!!, no more rebooting :)
Lol, I like virtualizing operating systems too. I'd rather do that than use the dual boot function. I usually virtualize old operating systems such as Windows 95 and 3.1, but in some cases I do that with modern OS like Windows 10 and 8 / 8.1. Too bad Windows 7 ended its mainstream support but that means nothing.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I typically get done replying to/checking all my alerts, and then I think "I wonder what's happening on the social thread right about now...Imma go say wassup." And there goes my evening :p
Welcome to my life. I often am here still at 4AM, but you know what they say: 'You're here forever.'

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Lol, I like virtualizing operating systems too. I'd rather do that than use the dual boot function. I usually virtualize old operating systems such as Windows 95 and 3.1, but in some cases I do that with modern OS like Windows 10 and 8 / 8.1. Too bad Windows 7 ended its mainstream support but that means nothing.
the dual boot began to be seriously annoying as I just wanted to use a very simple program (it's for ripping 3ds stuff....only worked fine on Windows).

But the cool thing about vm is the features with the host. stuff like copy paste being bidirectional :)

And btw, this is the same copy I purchased when I got my pc so it's still legal :)

D

Deleted member

the dual boot began to be seriously annoying as I just wanted to use a very simple program (it's for ripping 3ds stuff....only worked fine on Windows).

But the cool thing about vm is the features with the host. stuff like copy paste being bidirectional :)

And btw, this is the same copy I purchased when I got my pc so it's still legal :)
Yeah, you would have to restart your PC every single time if you wanted to use a different OS. I've never done that but it looks like it's confusing to do. About the features, yeah, they're pretty cool. One of them is drag and drop files or applications between host and guest systems.

Why would someone have a pirated Windows 7 copy anyway? :troll:
Windows Genuine Advantage goes full blown super saiyan mode if that happens.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, you would have to restart your PC every single time if you wanted to use a different OS. I've never done that but it looks like it's confusing to do. About the features, yeah, they're pretty cool. One of them is drag and drop files or applications between host and guest systems.

Why would someone have a pirated Windows 7 copy anyway? :troll:
Windows Genuine Advantage goes full blown super saiyan mode if that happens.
no actually, dual booting was so easy on my linux.

I had an option upon installation "install linux mint alongside Windows 7".

Then you can set the partition space, but I used the default....except that since this was when I truly started to use linux, I began to love it so much that I reduced the space Windows takes and gave the rest to my linux.

So, Windows has now 125GB on a 500GB hard drive and I can enjoy the rest (minus some crap like recovery partition and swap stuff....I would never use the recovery partiition, but swap is usefull...).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
While I still waiting for some news on shin megami tensei x fire emblem and Xenoblade X release date so I can have some games of my Wii U.
Party pooper :p
Really hope SMT x FE isn't dropped, I think it might make a surprise appearance at E3.

Soul.

Don't know whether to hype, or to start ranting about FE13's many flaws again. Either way I'm still skeptical given how they're keeping the same bland artist as FE13.
What is FE13 again....Awakening? I don't even know.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Don't know whether to hype, or to start ranting about FE13's many flaws again. Either way I'm still skeptical given how they're keeping the same bland artist as FE13.
Can I guess some?
  • Bland/underdeveloped villains
  • Pair Up/Galeforce breaking strategy
  • Valm arc was unnecessary
  • Story was weaker than previous entries
  • Some lackluster supports
  • Unbalanced 2nd Gen system that renders the 1st Gen usless by post game
  • Chrom, Say'ri, and :4lucina: were more bland than stale bread

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Feel free to rant and let go of the steam.

I'm not sure what to make of the game myself. The sad part is that even if it does turn out to be an improvement, the relentless fanbase from Awakening will bog it down.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Can Disney fully buy all of Marvel's properties please? The new Spiderman movies suck, even though they're the only thing maing Sony money.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Oh ****, they gave Boomerang a makeover to match Cartoon Network. It's just like when Nicktoons Network/Nick Jr. lost their identities to match Nickelodeon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can I guess some?
  • Bland/underdeveloped villains
  • Pair Up/Galeforce breaking strategy
  • Valm arc was unnecessary
  • Story was weaker than previous entries
  • Some lackluster supports
  • Unbalanced 2nd Gen system that renders the 1st Gen usless by post game
  • Chrom, Say'ri, and :4lucina: were more bland than stale bread
- Bland Main Characters, Hero and Villain
- Story sucks for countless reasons (Valm was unnecessary, but I'm more bummed about how they missed the chance to have character development given Alm (Walhart) and Marth (Chrom)).
- Doesn't know whether to appeal to newcomers/veterans
- The Avatar is poorly handled compared to FE12
- Graphics lack charm, characters could use more color...and feet (lol)
- Fan Service/Lots of stereotypical anime character types
- No online mode

I actually don't have an issue with the balance. Personally I think it's funny to see people who say the game's hard. I think it's more of the fact that you can grind EXP/Items that's the problem, but that's the trade off for more time with the game/having an expansive world.

D

Deleted member

no actually, dual booting was so easy on my linux.

I had an option upon installation "install linux mint alongside Windows 7".

Then you can set the partition space, but I used the default....except that since this was when I truly started to use linux, I began to love it so much that I reduced the space Windows takes and gave the rest to my linux.

So, Windows has now 125GB on a 500GB hard drive and I can enjoy the rest (minus some crap like recovery partition and swap stuff....I would never use the recovery partiition, but swap is usefull...).
Oh, I see. That's cool. In late 2013, I tested Linux Mint and it was alright to be honest. I'm just more used to Windows lol. I don't think it's bad, as there's lots of freedom you can have when using it. I haven't done much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom