• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
In other news, I have The Itis. What's The Itis you ask? It is described as eating a large portion of highly greasy food and then you feel sleepy. Meaty pizza will do that, and apparently a stuffed portobello mushroom, a soft pretzel, and some hummus and chips. I think I need some rum to wash everything down.

What's this I see?! Oh sweet merciful Jesus I found some Kraken!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can't help but feel questionable as to why there were certain other clones and semi clones that didnt get in along with those three..
Very last minute additions based on already implemented costume swaps.

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit were meant to be among alts such as Wireframe Mac, Alph, Koopalings or gender swaps, but they ended up giving them differences during character balancing.

Sakurai explicitly stated in an interview that he didn't want to add clone characters, which is helped by how he wanted each newcomer to be unique and all. The clones were a lucky accident, result of how development can be unpredictable at times.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can't help but feel questionable as to why there were certain other clones and semi clones that didnt get in along with those three..
Because they were low-effort alternate costumes.
At least, that's Dr. Mario and Lucina's excuse. Dunno about Dark Pit.
Really, Alph should have been promoted, although there's not much he could do to set himself apart.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I dunno about Lucas.
I dunno about Roy from Fire Emblem.
I dunno about Wolf.
Young Link is nonexistent because Toon Link.
>pichu
lol
Yeah...also what was your deal with Ridley? We don't have to go very far with that convo
Also, woo 1000th post!
are you ever annoyed watching gamexplain? If you watch the palutena analysis you'll see what I mean

D

Deleted member

Especially 4chan since that's where you can find the best amount of salt for ANY fandom. Soon as things got crazy after the release of Smash, I've started to avoid /v/ like the plague since we had the Cloney 3 and no Ridley. :troll:

True that, since I can't think of anything that can top Queen's Blade other than Berserk. Though it's more along the lines of being plagued with tons of disturbing demon **** scenes that most seinen works lack these day. *shudders*
4chan is like one of the most dangerous places to go alone, bruh. Lots of disturbing images over there. Same with Encyclopedia Dramatica, but that site in a nutshell is just the word "lulz". I also don't get these "evidences" that could make Ridley get in the roster. I just.. don't. Smash isn't canon, yes, but staying true to the source material is always a thing.

>Bringing up Melee opening as a debate. Lol.
I'm fine with the 3 clones. No problems at all.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I punched Luggy and all I got was some lousy smash coin!

I wanted a cookie!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Very last minute additions based on already implemented costume swaps.

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit were meant to be among alts such as Wireframe Mac, Alph, Koopalings or gender swaps, but they ended up giving them differences during character balancing.

Sakurai explicitly stated in an interview that he didn't want to add clone characters, which is helped by how he wanted each newcomer to be unique and all. The clones were a lucky accident, result of how development can be unpredictable at times.
Really, Alph should have been promoted, although there's not much he could do to set himself apart.
So..doesn't that kinda deconfirm clones characters in the future? But not so much semi clones

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
4chan is like one of the most dangerous places to go alone, bruh. Lots of disturbing images over there. Same with Encyclopedia Dramatica, but that site in a nutshell is just the word "lulz". I also don't get these "evidences" that could make Ridley get in the roster. I just.. don't. Smash isn't canon, yes, but staying true to the source material is always a thing.

>Bringing up Melee opening as a debate. Lol.
I'm fine with the 3 clones. No problems at all.
You know, all this 4chan hate gives me an idea:

"Tumblr x 4chan, A couple that is meant for one another since they are both the worse websites in the Internet." :troll:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Player-1 Breaks Out! As in breaks the hype limit.

ahaHAHAHAHA this made my day tho

hbox basically ragequit so fast he accidentally snapped a shot:4sonic:

D

Deleted member

Funny enough, one of the threads that did have a lot of activity was a video thread. :laugh:
That must be a coincidence. But it's YouTube. Not ZippCast, not vStreamers, not Vimeo, not Dailymotion, nothing else. xD

"Tumblr x 4chan, A couple that is meant for one another since they are both the worse websites in the Internet." :troll:
Well, I closed my Tumblr account months ago because of lack of activity and because it got boring, so I think you're right. Is the community that bad, however?

D

Deleted member

At least everyone on 4chan is partly self-aware that they're terrible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
10/10 Would ship again.
Honestly, I've never thought the pairing would even exist until now. I guess there are no exceptions when it comes to Rule 34 shippings. :laugh:

Well, I closed my Tumblr account months ago because of lack of activity and because it got boring, so I think you're right. Is the community that bad, however?
If that first image I've cropped is anything to go by, it's gotten much worse due to the number of trolls and SJW's that are growing in that community.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On mobile right now

So I think I will ask Xiivi about me and the Artwork Emporium cause Creative Minds is deader than dead right now

Say, I hate to remind everyone of the crap that went down late last year in the previous social thread, but did we find out who was behind all those alts and ...*ahem* images?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
It's...weird at worst, honestly. No matter what, though, everyone has different interests aside from whatever hot topics may be storming the community at the time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some of the areas there are pretty terrible yes. Including, but not limited to, "social justice warriors" who say certain celebrities are "problematic" for saying just one thing out of line and "if you defend them, you're wrong!"

Among other insanity...I just generally try to avoid those parts.

What really sucks though is seeing a friend you follow become an SJW...it's happened to me a lot.

Soul.

Yeah...also what was your deal with Ridley? We don't have to go very far with that convo
The thing with Ridley is that once people start talking about him, arguments happen, salt happens, and people get mad.

Truly, they are meant to be together. I'm guessing the green guy is Anonymous.
Tumblr looks...anime-ish. Again, why am I not surprised.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
On mobile right now

So I think I will ask Xiivi about me and the Artwork Emporium cause Creative Minds is deader than dead right now

Say, I hate to remind everyone of the crap that went down late last year in the previous social thread, but did we find out who was behind all those alts and ...*ahem* images?
It was @AyeshaOfTheTwilight. But who he is, I don't know. I have a hunch, but I'm not gonna Kermit the Ninja'ing here by telling who I think it is.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Rysir Rysir : Here, li'l guy! Have some Poké Poofs or whatever. (Dis be Misty, by the by.)

Oh, hey, favorite Gym Leader. How's it goin'?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Truly, they are meant to be together. I'm guessing the green guy is Anonymous.
Tumblr looks...anime-ish. Again, why am I not surprised.
Close enough, that is actually an altered version of Slender Man since he's the unofficial mascot of that site. As for Tumblr, it makes sense since she's close enough to the average female hipster that argues over "sexist" things on the Internet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember discussing this with other mods back when I was a staff member.

Can't remember who was our prime suspect and I can't check the staff forum anymore. Anyway, even if I knew, I wouldn't tell unless I had permission to reveal that information.

Dark Pit was promoted from alt to character for the exact same reasons as Dr. Mario and Lucina: spare development time.

They wanted to give him a different Final Smash (which is actually a copy of Zelda's FS) and one of the designers had already come up with an Electroshock Arm model, so they went ahead and separated him after doing Lucina and Dr. Mario.

Lucina stemmed from the idea of making a newcomer friendly version of Marth. Dr. Mario was to recreate him from Melee with the peculiarities he had from back then. Sakurai felt that his fans would be disappointed if he was just a costume.

Of course, all those changes happened because they had spare time during the balancing process and adding them, while against the original plan of not including clones, wouldn't be much of an hassle either.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I thought that was a random person who unfortunately shared an IP address with the spambot.
I think there was something to do with proxies and some throw away email addresses.

In other news there's a chance I may have pizza for dinner tonight~

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Breaking away from Tumblr talk, the edgy insanity of VSGC and VGBC's Paragon event chats keep my heart pure.

Seriously, NIGHTBATs, Bill Nyes, and Sm4sh vs. Melee arguments everywhere. What a lal.:4pacman:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some of the areas there are pretty terrible yes. Including, but not limited to, "social justice warriors" who say certain celebrities are "problematic" for saying just one thing out of line and "if you defend them, you're wrong!"

Among other insanity...I just generally try to avoid those parts.

What really sucks though is seeing a friend you follow become an SJW...it's happened to me a lot.
Thats being brought up again why?
It was @AyeshaOfTheTwilight. But who he is, I don't know. I have a hunch, but I'm not gonna Kermit the Ninja'ing here by telling who I think it is.
Um no it wasnt her. she was innocent. She just had finger pointed at her and everyone SAID it was her
I thought that was a random person who unfortunately shared an IP address with the spambot.
that basically it sadly but then she never came back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom