• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Just came back from some FG matches. Won most of them except for one really good guy. Buy by really good, I mean extremely good. He mainly played :4fox: and :4lucina:, and generally rekt my :4falcon: and :4drmario:. But it was great to fight this dude.

Anyway, what's new here ?

Soul.

This ****ing guy!

But everything has to be about
What's that. That logo looks like it's making fun of the Pokémon logo. :troll:
Not everything has to be Pixar you know lool.
Just came back from some FG matches. Won most of them except for one really good guy. Buy by really good, I mean extremely good. He mainly played :4fox: and :4lucina:, and generally rekt my :4falcon: and :4drmario:. But it was great to fight this dude.

>extremely good
>plays Lucina instead of Marth
wat. I know it's all about preference but that's surprising.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
>extremely good
>plays Lucina instead of Marth
wat. I know it's all about preference but that's surprising.
:4lucina: is better than :4marth: overall. His tipers skills are not that useful in Smash 4.
But he rekt me more with :4fox: than anything else. I swear, Fox would never have been buffed if he wasn't in a Smash meme. Don't believe me ? Look at Marth. He was great in Melee and Brawl. Now he sucks because he never had a meme.
Yeah, Fox is weird to fight in Smash 4 and I don't like it for some unknown reason.

Soul.

Is Marth still that good? I mean, with the nerfs and all...
He lost a bunch of stuff, yes, but he's not bottom tier.
:4lucina: is better than :4marth: overall. His tipers skills are not that useful in Smash 4.
But he rekt me more with :4fox: than anything else. I swear, Fox would never have been buffed if he wasn't in a Smash meme. Don't believe me ? Look at Marth. He was great in Melee and Brawl. Now he sucks because he never had a meme.
Yeah, Fox is weird to fight in Smash 4 and I don't like it for some unknown reason.
When you say she's "better" than Marth, is it because she can play aggressively or...? That makes no sense to me.
Memes don't have anything to do with viability. They only make the character popular.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
When you say she's "better" than Marth, is it because she can play aggressively or...? That makes no sense to me.
Memes don't have anything to do with viability. They only make the character popular.
*Cough* I'm sorry, but if there was no meme about " No items, :foxmelee:, Final Destination" , For Glory would have looked really different. Nintendo love memes.

For the :4lucina: and :4marth: stuff, Lucina is more balanced than Marth. She's more balanced, doesn't need the tip to be strong and has everything Marth got. That's why people prefer to use her. She also can do a "Ken combo" if you're really skilled.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*Cough* I'm sorry, but if there was no meme about " No items, :foxmelee:, Final Destination" , For Glory would have looked really different. Nintendo love memes.
Japan likes to play FD. And I don't think Sakurai cares about a meme that's not big in Japan.

D

Deleted member

Nothing. I'm bored but everyone knows that.

D

Deleted member

Well, there's you, Raccoon, SProgepede and Kermit (IDK if the latter two are serious).
Partially serious. If you actually do my request, tag me, I'll screenshot the title, and then you can change it back a day after.

Or you can just not do it at all, I wouldn't mind.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*Cough* I'm sorry, but if there was no meme about " No items, :foxmelee:, Final Destination" , For Glory would have looked really different..
That wouldn't change anything If fox is a good character you would see it either way. Japan doesnt care about our memes although thy DID do the Luigi Death stare in a MK8 ad

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Will Smith (of all black actors) is playing Deadshot. I forgot who Tom Hardy was playing, but I loved his portrayal of Bane in TDKR.
Sorry for the late reply. But Will Smith, huh? Not the worst choice, but not my preferred one for this role. Then again Deadshot is white in the comics. I suppose the only other black villain they could use is Black Manta, he's kind of cool.

Do we know anymore about the cast? I figured that Harley Quinn and Amanda Waller are in the movie. Maybe Captain Boomerang(though Mirror Master would be more badass.)

Soul.

For the :4lucina: and :4marth: stuff, Lucina is more balanced than Marth. She's more balanced, doesn't need the tip to be strong and has everything Marth got. That's why people prefer to use her. She also can do a "Ken combo" if you're really skilled.
Marth rewards spacing with the tip mechanic. Lucina doesn't. If people think she can play aggressively, then...lol? If anything, she's in a worse position than Marth. I don't know why would someone play Lucina instead of Marth unless you like (key word: like) using Lucina. She's got everything Marth has but is worse.

Also, Ken combos aren't a thing. They aren't common, they are precise, and you would rather do something else instead of meteor smashing your opponent with a Melee combo which makes sense to do that in that game instead of Brawl / Smash 4.

lol why am I talking about this anyways. I'll just stop.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Marth rewards spacing with the tip mechanic. Lucina doesn't. If people think she can play aggressively, then...lol? If anything, she's in a worse position than Marth. I don't know why would someone play Lucina instead of Marth unless you like (key word: like) using Lucina. She's got everything Marth has but is worse.

Also, Ken combos aren't a thing. They aren't common, they are precise, and you would rather do something else instead of meteor smashing your opponent with a Melee combo which makes sense to do that in that game instead of Brawl / Smash 4.

lol why am I talking about this anyways. I'll just stop.
Lucina does more damage overall. You don't need the tip to do big damage.
Just look at the wiki page and you'll see all the differencies between them.

I gotta go eat. Here's a gif of Nano eating :
tumblr_nhn6meZ8f01rbnx7io1_500.gif

'Kay, thx, will be back.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Look at GreNUUUUUUUH doing all the Ub Iwerks.

And yes, this is from Paragon 2015.:4pacman:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good Morning Smashboards!
How are you?
I actually watched the English dub before the Japanese one, and having seen both, English dub is inferior in my opinion. It doesn't cut things out like other dubs sometimes do, but the characters sound better in Japanese, especially Sayaka.

Kyouko also sounds completely different. Most of the voices seem like they are trying to emulate the Japanese voices somewhat, except for Kyouko. If you've ever played Skullgirls, the English dub of Madoka shares a few VAs; Madoka is Filia, Sayaka is Peacock, Homura is Cerebella (though Homura is pretty close to the Japanese voice), and Kyouko is Squiggly. It did give us GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS though.
Admittedly I actually prefer the dub to the sub, and no, it's not a language thing, and yes, that include Sayaka's voice.
Honestly, to me, I generally end up atching an anime how I can find it, and the only dub that has ever turned me off of it was Soul Eater's.
It's just sooooooo bad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Good Morning Smashboards!
How are you?

Admittedly I actually prefer the dub to the sub, and no, it's not a language thing, and yes, that include Sayaka's voice.
Honestly, to me, I generally end up atching an anime how I can find it, and the only dub that has ever turned me off of it was Soul Eater's.
It's just sooooooo bad.
I loved Soul Eaters dub XD mostly because of Kid
Lucina does more damage overall. You don't need the tip to do big damage.
Just look at the wiki page and you'll see all the differencies between them.

I gotta go eat. Here's a gif of Nano eating :
View attachment 36056
'Kay, thx, will be back.
giif not needed
*runs off*

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone sometimes have trouble breathing after playing an intense match online? :(

Everytime it happens, i feel uncomfortable in the chest and have to take a really deep breath :(

Maybe i should go to see a doctor and stop playing for a while :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Does anyone sometimes have trouble breathing after playing an intense match online? :(

Everytime it happens, i feel uncomfortable in the chest and have to take a really deep breath :(

Maybe i should go to see a doctor and stop playing for a while :(
Im sorry if this is rude but its a medical thing. Are you overweight/obese? It could be your heart is going into overdrive for some reason
Again, sorry If Im rude but Im also not a doctor s maybe Im not a good person for this

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You just crossed some lines right there
Here, I'll Cross some lines too.
Rocket
Raccoon.
There.
Now you are Raccoon.
Do you have the happy?
What's that. That logo looks like it's making fun of the Pokémon logo. :troll:
Not everything has to be Pixar you know lool.
Not everything has to be lol, y'know.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
My heart almost always races when I am in an intense match, can really get the adrenaline going! Even to the point I have to tense up my muscles because I sometimes get a case of the shakes (which made playing the 3Ds version a royal pain depending how intense it got)

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry if this is rude but its a medical thing. Are you overweight/obese? It could be your heart is going into overdrive for some reason
Again, sorry If Im rude but Im also not a doctor s maybe Im not a good person for this
That's okay. I'm not overweight/obese.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh man, watch me play Halo Reach after drinking a few Monsters. I turn into a ****ing vibrator. :troll:

Especially if I get a kill streak. Oh man, my hype levels go unnaturally high. Lol

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
It won't. Project M is fine as it is. It's not even finished yet, and people want a new mod for Wii U already? I don't get it. The PMDT doesn't even want to make another one, I think
If you say they don't want to make another one, part of the reason is probably because they realized how exhausting it is to make a game and characters.
Lyn also looked very interesting from the looks of that video as well.

She will be interesting to try out.
I like the idea of Lyn. But hopefully the video is misleading because she seemed to remind me a little of meta knight. She looked kinda stiff and moved around too fast. It was probably just the player. I'm still ecstatic that they even considered Lyn in the first place!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, the Touhou Super Smash Battles campaign reached its first stretch goal ($20,000) with 20 days to spare.

Also, the developers has announced awhile back that Axe (the best :pikachumelee: player in Melee) is helping out in the project. That's pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom