• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Our third online smash bros tournament is today! We will be having a streamer for the 16-man tournament! We still are in need of three people to sign up, so if you want, sign up!
Do you have more informations about it ? I just wanna see if I can participate. If I can't, I'll probably just watch it.
But I just wanna know more informations about it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Do you have more informations about it ? I just wanna see if I can participate. If I can't, I'll probably just watch it.
But I just wanna know more informations about it.
Sure thing! There is a thread you can see here: http://smashboards.com/posts/18396966/
(Raidcall isn't necessarily required, but it would be helpful)
Aw crap. I just saw that you are from France :( It is NA directed due to the prize being NA exclusive. Next month will be worldwide though.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sure thing! There is a thread you can see here: http://smashboards.com/posts/18396966/
(Raidcall isn't necessarily required, but it would be helpful)
Aw crap. I just saw that you are from France :( It is NA directed due to the prize being NA exclusive. Next month will be worldwide though.
Okay, thanks for the infos. I'll maybe participate next month if it's worldwide. So instead, I'll just watch the stream. I saw a :4drmario: main in the participants of the tournament. It should be interresting.
Do you have the link of the stream ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just another day for me. :4pacman:

Speaking of which, how does the English dub compare to the Japanese one, if you have watched it?
I actually watched the English dub before the Japanese one, and having seen both, English dub is inferior in my opinion. It doesn't cut things out like other dubs sometimes do, but the characters sound better in Japanese, especially Sayaka.

Kyouko also sounds completely different. Most of the voices seem like they are trying to emulate the Japanese voices somewhat, except for Kyouko. If you've ever played Skullgirls, the English dub of Madoka shares a few VAs; Madoka is Filia, Sayaka is Peacock, Homura is Cerebella (though Homura is pretty close to the Japanese voice), and Kyouko is Squiggly. It did give us GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually watched the English dub before the Japanese one, and having seen both, English dub is inferior in my opinion. It doesn't cut things out like other dubs sometimes do, but the characters sound better in Japanese, especially Sayaka.

Kyouko also sounds completely different. Most of the voices seem like they are trying to emulate the Japanese voices somewhat, except for Kyouko. If you've ever played Skullgirls, the English dub of Madoka shares a few VAs; Madoka is Filia, Sayaka is Peacock, Homura is Cerebella (though Homura is pretty close to the Japanese voice), and Kyouko is Squiggly. It did give us GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS though.
Sayaka sounds a bratty Haruhi, lol.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention Porky (Eartbound/Mother 3) as one of my favorite villains.

He is the personification of a true ****hole. Rotten to the core, self-serving, obnoxious, childish, and literally makes it his purpose in life to stand in your way and not letting you pass.

I like how he was given a depressing side to himself in Mother 3, the transition from a young businessman to an old, decrepit, lifeless body that still houses the little brat soul within himself. Keeping himself confined to a machine to ensure his immortality and security in that you will never lay a finger on him. No matter what he does to you.

Oh, and he became the Leader of the Third Reich (a.k.a. The Pigmask Army). And his final battle theme evokes his status as the dictator.

D

Deleted member

Sayaka sounds a bratty Haruhi, lol.
And it only gets better from there;

"YOU HONESTLY THINK WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT WAS JUST A PLAIN OLD FIGHT? WELL IT WASN'T. THAT WAS A BONA-FIDE BATTLE TO THE DEATH FOR REELZ. BUT IT DIDN'T START OUT THAT WAY, THAT'S FOR SURE."

You could make a drinking game out of how many times she says "For Reelz." Add it as a rule to the TV Tropes Madoka drinking game, and then you will die, 100% guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm finding myself wanting to avoid illegal sites and such for anime and manga.

It's kind of frustrating that I can't watch Durarara!!x2 on Crunchyroll due to the fact I'm in Portugal and they don't have the license to simulcast the series here. I can even access the page, but it says they don't have the license for my country.

As for manga, I follow Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai on Crunchyroll. The other six series, I follow through scanlation sites due to unavailability otherwise.

I'd really like it if Crunchyroll had manga from the Jump magazines, so I could legally follow Blue Exorcist, Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma.

I prefer to resort to legal methods, so I can support the artists as much as possible.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

It's kind of frustrating that I can't watch Durarara!!x2 on Crunchyroll due to the fact I'm in Portugal and they don't have the license to simulcast the series here. I can even access the page, but it says they don't have the license for my country.

As for manga, I follow Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai on Crunchyroll. The other six series, I follow through scanlation sites due to unavailability otherwise.

I'd really like it if Crunchyroll had manga from the Jump magazines, so I could legally follow Blue Exorcist, Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma.

I prefer to resort to legal methods, so I can support the artists as much as possible.
I wish there was more people like you and me.

The anime/manga industry struggles to make profits/money if people don't actually pay to watch the stuff THEY crafted.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here, you'll get laughed at if you go the legal route here for anything. :3

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I always use other sites because I detest Crunchyroll and Durarara!!x2 is out?
-What every alcoholic says. :3

But seriously wow what happened. 0_0
Um I'm not an Alcoholic Id rather NOT be called that...thanks
and I drank a bit of wine and woke up with a soar throat

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I always use other sites because I detest Crunchyroll and Durarara!!x2 is out?

Um I'm not an Alcoholic Id rather NOT be called that...thanks
and I drank a bit of wine and woke up with a soar throat
Was only teasing. I wasn't implying you were. I was merely making a joke about how people usually say they won't ever drink a lot again and they do in the future again anyway.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I really want to see Bomberman in Smash Bros one day. Or Simon Belmont, or Bill Rizer. Pretty much anyone but Snake to rep Konami.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I really want to see Bomberman in Smash Bros one day. Or Simon Belmont, or Bill Rizer. Pretty much anyone but Snake to rep Konami.
Kind of the oppisite of me, I wouldn't want anyone from Konami except for Snake. :laugh:

However, if we get Sami in the next Smash, and she plays just like Snake, I'll be completely fine with that too.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Does anyone else get saddened from the sound of a baby's cry?

My parental instincts kick in as I start to panic over my concern for a crying child.

It's even worse if I hear it in a Horror.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

My parental instincts kick in as I start to panic over my concern for a crying child.

As someone who wants to be a father more than anything else, I can relate.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Was only teasing. I wasn't implying you were. I was merely making a joke about how people usually say they won't ever drink a lot again and they do in the future again anyway.
Ah, Sorry for overreacting then. didn't mean to snap at ya.

They being a girl and your body starts lactating because it hears a baby cry. Yes that happens. Im going to have to deal with this when my and my gf have babies oh lawd

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
They being a girl and your body starts lactating because it hears a baby cry. Yes that happens. Im going to have to deal with this when my and my gf have babies oh lawd

Welp...I mean...yeah I...
*Luggy leaves silently*

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
too bad that what Konami is today, just Metal Gear

No, I just get annoyed every time a baby cry.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Usually 40% sadness and 60% annoyance. I'll be a terrible father, I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom