• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Like I said, it's just my opinion, and although some thing I find to be not as good, it's not terrible as far as English dubs go. There are things in the dub I enjoy, like the more bizarre things Dub Sayaka says (ex: FOR REELZ, Ally of justice etc. mainly just for the quotability) and Dub Kyubey's "It's only natural." I also like that the dub calls the witch "Walpurgisnacht" as opposed to "Walpurgis Night," but as a whole I prefer the Japanese voices. I would totally watch an English dub of Rebellion if they make it though.

It'd probably be cheaper to own on DVD
That cake song man.
It just caught me off guard, I wanna hear it in English now though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dark Pit was promoted from alt to character for the exact same reasons as Dr. Mario and Lucina: spare development time.
They wanted to give him a different Final Smash (which is actually a copy of Zelda's FS) and one of the designers had already come up with an Electroshock Arm model, so they went ahead and separated him after doing Lucina and Dr. Mario.
Lucina stemmed from the idea of making a newcomer friendly version of Marth. Dr. Mario was to recreate him from Melee with the peculiarities he had from back then. Sakurai felt that his fans would be disappointed if he was just a costume.
Of course, all those changes happened because they had spare time during the balancing process and adding them, while against the original plan of not including clones, wouldn't be much of an hassle either.
No...I know that, I was making fun of him...

D

Deleted member

How about becoming a Super Moderator? I'm guessing you gotta be mod first. How many Super Mods are there aside from Red Ryu, ReflexWonder and Venus?

If not I suppose I could be the mod of (and bring a bit more activity to) the Artwork Emporium, I made some graphics back in the day.

I should get back in the swing of using PS CS5.
I do graphics too, but I am aiming more towards flat design and minimalism as of lately. I use Photoshop CS6, but started with CS5.. it wasn't bad, I suppose. No Photoshop CC as I don't like paying for an application a month. Talking about the mod department, I don't beg to become one or anything (and I think the staff is fine as it is currently) but I am aware the Artwork Emporium is inactive for the most part and more activity would be always welcome. I haven't checked that for so long lol. I'm not the best graphics designer in the world, that's for sure. :p

One big example of the things I made would be this:

Some of the areas there are pretty terrible yes. Including, but not limited to, "social justice warriors" who say certain celebrities are "problematic" for saying just one thing out of line and "if you defend them, you're wrong!"

Among other insanity...I just generally try to avoid those parts.

What really sucks though is seeing a friend you follow become an SJW...it's happened to me a lot.
Tumblr in a nutshell is just a bunch of photos and GIFs. I only joined the site at the request of an old friend to try it out and everything, but my interest began to decline. I never encountered a SJW in all the time I've been at the site.. but those guys must be bad.

Soul.

Close enough, that is actually an altered version of Slender Man since he's the unofficial mascot of that site. As for Tumblr, it makes sense since she's close enough to the average female hipster that argues over "sexist" things on the Internet.
So a Slender Man OC. And I thought Donut Steel was the most creative OC yet. Green Man shows up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yay! Pizza! What are the toppings?
We usually mix it up every now and then. As long as there's no pineapple partly cause I'm allergic to it.

I do graphics too, but I am aiming more towards flat design and minimalism as of lately. I use Photoshop CS6, but started with CS5.. it wasn't bad, I suppose. No Photoshop CC as I don't like paying for an application a month. Talking about the mod department, I don't beg to become one or anything (and I think the staff is fine as it is currently) but I am aware the Artwork Emporium is inactive for the most part and more activity would be always welcome. I haven't checked that for so long lol. I'm not the best graphics designer in the world, that's for sure. :p

One big example of the things I made would be this:

Tumblr in a nutshell is just a bunch of photos and GIFs. I only joined the site at the request of an old friend to try it out and everything, but my interest began to decline. I never encountered a SJW in all the time I've been at the site.. but those guys must be bad.
At best I usually only do icons. I would do super shiny banners like O D I N does but my graphics card isn't powerful enough to use C4Ds...

Part of the reason why I'm so desperate for a job. Computer upgrades and such.

...dang it mobile typing had me stuck on tiny text

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've seen some allude to 4chan as "the final boss of the Internet". Remarkably entertaining, if I do say so myself.

And with this, lasses and lads, I'm off. Have fun with your Saturday Night shenanigans up the wazoo.

D

Deleted member

We usually mix it up every now and then. As long as there's no pineapple partly cause I'm allergic to it.

At best I usually only do icons. I would do super shiny banners like O D I N does but my graphics card isn't powerful enough to use C4Ds...

Part of the reason why I'm so desperate for a job. Computer upgrades and such.

...dang it mobile typing had me stuck on tiny text
I've done free to use icons like this:

Now that I am into flat design, I pretty much tend to tone down stuff to match with the idea.
Hmm, I don't do C4Ds or anything like that. Well, of course they require high processing power but I don't use / have them. The only sort-of "job" I had that was about graphics was ZippCast.. but I kinda left in some form. The staff doesn't contact me or anything for new things.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww, that sucks. I love pineapple on pizza. Yeah, mixing it up is fun. I want to go to Italy or an Italian pizzeria and try authentic pizza. Oh, and Chicago's deep pan pizza! I like food. :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What's sad is that I wasn't always allergic to pineapple. It just happened one day when I was 17 I think that I broke out in hives and had to miss a few days of school. Mom was worried it would worsen; thankfully it didn't.

I mostly spent the absent days playin video games :b

Mom developed an allergy to cinnamon too lately. Dad as far as I know isn't allergic to anything.

Soul.

I've seen some allude to 4chan as "the final boss of the Internet". Remarkably entertaining, if I do say so myself.

And with this, lasses and lads, I'm off. Have fun with your Saturday Night shenanigans up the wazoo.
4chan being the final boss of the Internet is hilarious. Memes are their army. 4chan itself becomes a single person and seeks to destroy the Internet.
....Does that make sense?

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Well, it could be a bunch of factors. Do you get like this every game other than Smash? If this is happening a lot, especially for other things you do, I'd recommend getting checked out, as hopefully it's not some physical health issue. But I'm no doctor so...

I don't have trouble breathing, but sometimes my nerves get the best of me. Sometimes, depending on the match/game, my heart starts to race, and I start to shake, and it could even happen before the match starts. It's not so bad with Smash, but games like League of Legends is where I get more nervous, even after I've played so many games. During those times, I find it helps trying to keep a calm mind, and go into the match with some self-confidence. I'm usually one to mope, "Man, I'm so bad. I can't do this!" But if I put some more faith into myself, and calm down when trying to analyze certain situations, I find I perform a lot better. Maybe some breathing exercises might help as well.
Thank you for your words. Smash is the only game makes me like that once in a while, especially with intense but laggy matches, i get very impatient and frustrated. I will try to keep a calm mind :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That cake song man.
It just caught me off guard, I wanna hear it in English now though.
Oh crap, forgot about the Cake Song. When that first came up, I was like; "am I watching the right movie? Did I miss something important by skipping movies 1 and 2?"

But yeah, the Cake Song, Sayaka's "transfer student" line, Homura telling Kyubey to shut up, and the entire ending in English. I would pay so much money for this.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, seems I came at yet another crazy time, which is often. Now to decide if I should hide in the bunker or just watch from a distance... or both.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
What's sad is that I wasn't always allergic to pineapple. It just happened one day when I was 17 I think that I broke out in hives and had to miss a few days of school. Mom was worried it would worsen; thankfully it didn't.

I mostly spent the absent days playin video games :b

Mom developed an allergy to cinnamon too lately. Dad as far as I know isn't allergic to anything.
Hey, I'm not the only one allergic to pineapple here. Interesting

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hell, even Sonic disproves of anyone that makes OC's. And the poor guy had let himself go over the years.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I await the day that an Original Character will steal my name, "TJ-Works" and claim copyright infringement.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Nothing is better than writing stuff while listening to some Bob Marley songs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom