• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Am I the only one who thinks Unova was the worst generation? I don't know. It just didn't feel the same as the old ones, but then again, I don't play Pokémon that much and I'm not good at it as a result.
It's actually a more common opinion to dislike Unova than to like it. Such a shame, because it's my favorite gen.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Am I the only one who thinks Unova was the worst generation? I don't know. It just didn't feel the same as the old ones, but then again, I don't play Pokémon that much and I'm not good at it as a result.
Nope
Both Gen 5 and 6 were pretty underwhelming

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I hate that I'm now playing through MM again and they just announced the remake next month! I can't win

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Just trying to get ready for the 3DS version since I haven't played it for years.
I don't get how people find Majora's Mask so hard, just play the song of time backwards to slow down the time and break each part into two parts.

Soul.

Omg, please not another Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 nightmare, right??
I dunno man, we all know Zygarde needs to steal the show. :troll:
It kind of sucks that Zygarde is a legendary, I love his design and would love to use him online.
Unless things have changed since Gen V, and you can have legendaries on your team in online play
Only if you battle with friends. In Battle Spot or whatever non-friends mode the games have, you can't use Zygarde.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
No, your right, Unova's the worst. Gen 4 was the best honestly. Most nostalgic too. But I guess it depends how old you are to say what the best gen was to you

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I never got experience Majora's Mask, and have always been wanting to play it.

In a month's time, my time will finally come.

[Insert Moon meme here.]

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't get how people find Majora's Mask so hard, just play the song of time backwards to slow down the time and break each part into two parts.
It's more about knowing what you're supposed to do and getting used to the gameplay than being good at the game.

Its the kinda thing that happens when you beat a game, you never play it in years, and you can't remember what to do anymore.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I dont see that as a problem. The more MM you inject into you the better.
You know what, your absolutely right. I can't even count how many times I've beaten OoT to the point where it's kind of like a walk in the park. So if I want to master MM also, I have to play more of it!
Oh and the only problem that I've ever had with MM was missing adult link to much..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I had to say, it was right after the Moltara was made.
Duuuude Moltara's awesome. Steampunk+Underground Lava Caves.

So that places you at about 2010.

Interface wise, not a lot has drastically changed...mostly just graphical updates, with a few notable occurrences. The three major events I can think of in that time are the Fall of Faerieland, the Obelisk War, and the introduction of the Vandagyre.

Basically, one giant moment of Growing the Beard, a six faction war in Tyrannia, and a new pet. The new colors introduced since then are Magma, 8Bit, Augueena, Ummagine, Chokato, Water, Dimensional, Elderly, Eventide, Gooseberry, Maractite, Pastel, Peach, Relic, Stealthy, Swamp Gas, Transparent, Woodland, Wraith, and Zombie.

Hope that helped a bit. :laugh: I mainly just write for the Times now, and do training there.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Neopets... I used to have an account there, but that's ages ago. 2003, 2004, I think. Only used it once, maybe twice.

D

Deleted member

No, your right, Unova's the worst. Gen 4 was the best honestly. Most nostalgic too. But I guess it depends how old you are to say what the best gen was to you
Actually I agree, Gen 4 was the best. Music was good too.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The best thing I like about Majora's Mask is the side quest and beating Majora with Fierce deity link.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
[3,4) ∩ (4,9) = Nothing

BUT would [3,4] ∩ [4,9]

Equal [4,4]?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Actually I agree, Gen 4 was the best. Music was good too.
The music was the part that was nostalgic. That Gen was too short-lived!
The best thing I like about Majora's Mask is the side quest and beating Majora with Fierce deity link.
The Anju & Kafei Side quest? That was the most fun and epic part the game! Oh and it sucks that you can only be Fierce Deity in boss rooms. Even if you can perform the glitch, you can't use the OoT.,

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It is said that the more you want to be a mod, the lesser your chances become.
Ditto. I was invited and felt why the hell not? Anyway, obligatory: I never asked for this. :p

Seriously, I didn't, I just accepted the opportunity to see what would happen, what I would gain out of it, etc. I don't think I ever did volunteer work willingly. Last time I checked, I was more or less persuaded to volunteer. It wasn't something I wanted to do, but you get something out of it; I was a volunteer at a food pantry for a bit.

Last edited:

Soul.

Nah man the real way to beat Majora is "No masks, Link only, Majora's Destination."
I think B/W was the short lived one. Remember, Gen 4 started in 2006 in Japan.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Duuuude Moltara's awesome. Steampunk+Underground Lava Caves.

So that places you at about 2010.

Interface wise, not a lot has drastically changed...mostly just graphical updates, with a few notable occurrences. The three major events I can think of in that time are the Fall of Faerieland, the Obelisk War, and the introduction of the Vandagyre.

Basically, one giant moment of Growing the Beard, a six faction war in Tyrannia, and a new pet. The new colors introduced since then are Magma, 8Bit, Augueena, Ummagine, Chokato, Water, Dimensional, Elderly, Eventide, Gooseberry, Maractite, Pastel, Peach, Relic, Stealthy, Swamp Gas, Transparent, Woodland, Wraith, and Zombie.

Hope that helped a bit. :laugh: I mainly just write for the Times now, and do training there.
Huh. Well I might try to get back into it. Provided I can find a way to unfreeze one of the multiple accounts I had (it will be like heating up a Hot Pocket).

D

Deleted member

The Anju & Kafei Side quest? That was the most fun and epic part the game! Oh and it sucks that you can only be Fierce Deity in boss rooms. Even if you can perform the glitch, you can't use the OoT.,
Yeah, too bad it didn't last long. :/
Gen 5 was the shortest-lived one however. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh. Well I might try to get back into it. Provided I can find a way to unfreeze one of the multiple accounts I had (it will be like heating up a Hot Pocket).
Funny enough, my account was never frozen, but sadly my older '04 account got purged when I stopped playing for an entire year and a half one time, so I had to start anew around '07.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Gen V and II are the shortest-lived gens, but nobody here is old enough to have played gen II. :troll:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I remember the pain I went through waiting for D/P to be released in Europe. For some reason, it kept getting pushed back. We didn't get it till July, 2007. America had it for 3 months, whilst Japan had it for a whole 10 months!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gen V and II are the shortest-lived gens, but nobody here is old enough to have played gen II. :troll:
I played Silver. Granted, I was very young at the time, but I played it.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Anju and Kafei quest is so touching, the side quest really made the NPCs come to life.
Nah man the real way to beat Majora is "No masks, Link only, Majora's Destination."

Don't the Fierce Deity Link count as a Link?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Big Boss... He's left to meet with the Boss and Paz once again.

I see that I was late to the mod fever. I don't think I'd take the red pill, I'm not one for leadership positions.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Hm 2006-2010, was a bit long but still. I never really cared THAT much for then gens after gen 4 but never hated them either.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Fierce Deity isn't that mush of a step up above Adult Link right? This however is cool, even though it's TP Fierce Deity

D

Deleted member

Hm 2006-2010, was a bit long but still. I never really cared THAT much for then gens after gen 4 but never hated them either.
"2010"

Why did the best Pokémon generation had to end in the best year of the decade? And in turn we get the one that can be classified as a black sheep (Unova)?!

Jokes aside, Pokémon as it is now is meh. I'm not into the series anyway but I did play the games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
See, I don't remember gen 2 as short because I didn't really play gen 3

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Fierce Deity isn't that mush of a step up above Adult Link right? This however is cool, even though it's TP Fierce Deity
Have you see in Majora's Mask? He super OP in that game, you can beat a boss in 30 seconds or less!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Big Boss... He's left to meet with the Boss and Paz once again.

I see that I was late to the mod fever. I don't think I'd take the red pill, I'm not one for leadership positions.
Right now, it feels more like PR and being a role model, but that might be a special case with me since... nobody is on the Falco section... :p

That and we're like judges, lawyers, and executioners... Damn it, I should have picked "Gabranth" as my username. Final Fantasy XII reference.

Oh, and I guess we're therapists and baby sitters too. :p

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
"2010"

Why did the best Pokémon generation had to end in the best year of the decade? And in turn we get the one that can be classified as a black sheep (Unova)?!

Jokes aside, Pokémon as it is now is meh. I'm not into the series anyway but I did play the games.
Even the anime now is meh. My 12 year old is now being brainwashed that he thinks that the Gen 1 anime (Ash, Misty, Brock) is "Suckish", "Weird", and "Old" oh and "not as good as the new anime"

D

Deleted member

Right now, it feels more like PR and being a role model, but that might be a special case with me since... nobody is on the Falco section... :p

That and we're like judges, lawyers, and executioners... Damn it, I should have picked "Gabranth" as my username. Final Fantasy XII reference.

Oh, and I guess we're therapists and baby sitters too. :p
What if you changed your username to Balthier? :troll:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Have you see in Majora's Mask? He super OP in that game, you can beat a boss in 30 seconds or less!
Well yeah I have. But... we aren't even able to use him that much in MM and on top of that we beat the bosses far too quickly. Don't mean to be a downer.! At least we'll be able to use Fierce Deity longer in HW...even though i can't even afford a wii u right now blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom