• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Is this a confession for having a second account? It sure seems like it! MOOOOOODS!
Nah.
I just realized, he's Knuckles.
& Knuckles is pretty cool and all, but personally, I prefer DEGH ER Shulk and the Glory of Feeling It.

Strofirko

Smash Master
What is the secret to make a good 2D platform franchise?
Super Mario series turned into a rehash of NSMB series games and it's a huge hit with most casual players.
DKC series are totally different from the original trilogybut fails to appeal old school players.
Yoshi series still the same from the begining but now fails to appeal everyone even old school players,because every sequel it is failed clone from the first one.
Kirby series is everytime changing but still appeal the old and new players.
I didn't like Wario land shake it , like the original 4 on game boy,but everyone praises.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow... I can't believe this happened. At least, he will be on the heavens.
Rest in peace. :/

I don't know who will replace him as Eggman's Japanese voice actor.
Yeah, they ought to find a replacement after all these years, because he had been voicing Eggman since Sonic Adventure. Unlike the English dubs, the Japanese versions managed to keep the same cast throughout the years. Not to mention his other current roles.

Akio and Chikao Ohtsuka usually worked together, even voicing son and father characters in-universe at times as an allusion to their real-life relationship.

The guy was 85 years old, so he wasn't exactly young, but it's still a big loss in the Japanese voice over world.

Not really. DLC has been revealed for a while, so people are naturally excited for it.
Besides Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage and Tournament mode, there's nothing else confirmed or even planned, so yeah, there isn't much to talk about.

Soul.

Damn, I just checked Anime News Network and got to know that Japanese voice actor Chikao Ohtsuka passed away.

He was the voice of Big Boss from MGS and Dr. Eggman from Sonic, as well as being prominent in anime. He was the father of Snake's JP VA Akio Ohtsuka.

RIP
What. He's gone? I...uh, what? ._.
RIP. At least he's in a better place. I wonder who will voice Japanese Eggman now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Besides Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage and Tournament mode, there's nothing else confirmed or even planned, so yeah, there isn't much to talk about.
Well to be fair there wasn't much to talk about pre-DLC when we didn't even know if it'd exist. It's really just one of those "if it did happen" scenarios.

So NOW the European eShop get Demon's Crest. Oy, these things take waaay too long.
Personally I'm waiting for S.C.A.T. (which is coming who knows when).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, they ought to find a replacement after all these years, because he had been voicing Eggman since Sonic Adventure. Unlike the English dubs, the Japanese versions managed to keep the same cast throughout the years. Not to mention his other current roles.

Akio and Chikao Ohtsuka usually worked together, even voicing son and father characters in-universe at times as an allusion to their real-life relationship.

The guy was 85 years old, so he wasn't exactly young, but it's still a big loss in the Japanese voice over world.
That's true. It's hard finding someone suitable as a replacement to be honest, especially when you've been doing the same role for 10+ years. It's still sad to see him go though. I just looked stuff up and Deem Bristow (Eggman's original English VA) died in January 15, 2005.. Chikao Otsuka died ten years later... ._.

Yeah, I heard about the in-universe son and father characters thing. They did it in MGS4 I think. Never played the game though as I don't own a PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
  • Encouraging discussion (especially in character boards)
  • Representing the boards you look over
  • Organization (stickies/moving/deleting/merging)
  • Skimming threads for violations/tackling posts users report (how strict we are depends on the board/thread/user/laziness)
  • Coming up with ideas/suggestions for the site
  • Telling/yelling at people: "is not a big deal"/"not to do it again"/"you're on thin ice"/"you're an idiot and here's why"/go to Forum Support I'm sick of talking to you"
  • Auto Banning spam & Fuujin accounts
  • Blaming Warchamp for everything/eating out of the lunch bag marked "Xiivi"/learning to fear Mic_128
Oh wow!
So the privileges of moderator bump it up from "Blaming Warchamp when things are on fire"
to "Blaming Warchamp for everything"?
That is one great responsibility

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did you ever play Castlevania 64 or Sin & Punishment? It's sad that games like these aren't as appreciated as they should be..
Castlevania 64 is actually one my favorite 3D games in the franchise. I can say that I didn't mind how your weapons were used given that you are in a near closed environment. One thing I can rememer was The Villa and how creepy it was.

As for Sin & Punishment, it was one of the few N64 VC titles I had on the Wii and I loved the rail shooting gameplay. While the plot was a bit on the confusing side, the excellent voice acting alone drove me to finish the game. Hell, I even got the sequel on the Wii since I've heard so much about the many good improvements the game's system and it literally blew the original out of the water in terms of difficulty.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Oscars. Don't know why Woody didn't use the known name. But I never watch them anyway, I never watch movies. Not to mention it's in USA so it usually starts at 2:00 AM over here.
You know what's the best Awards event? The Raspberry awards. :troll:
I think bad movies get awards in that thing.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Castlevania 64 is actually one my favorite 3D games in the franchise. I can say that I didn't mind how your weapons were used given that you are in a near closed environment. One thing I can rememer was The Villa and how creepy it was.

As for Sin & Punishment, it was one of the few N64 VC titles I had on the Wii and I loved the rail shooting gameplay. While the plot was a bit on the confusing side, the excellent voice acting alone drove me to finish the game. Hell, I even got the sequel on the Wii since I've heard so much about the many good improvements the game's system and it literally blew the original out of the water in terms of difficulty.
I don't think I ever beat the game, I always played with friends and we always got stuck and kept starting over and giving up. I get Kinda nostalgic about it then i guess lol. It was kinda creepy .
And I never played the new S&P, mostly because I was so exited to play as the saki from brawl that I wanted to get it. but later realized he wasn't in it (i know not a good reason)... I really want to play as the new Saki since I can never play as him in smash.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
'Sup people.
Today, nothing happened. I'm still puting ideas up for my manga, but appart from that, nothing else.
Here's a random gif :
tumblr_ni6e1kRb1Y1u81j84o1_400.gif

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The Oscars. Don't know why Woody didn't use the known name. But I never watch them anyway, I never watch movies. Not to mention it's in USA so it usually starts at 2:00 AM over here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Awards
Basically, movie get shiny gold non-chocolate statue for being better than other movie.

Or, if acting is applied, replace "Movie" with "Actor".
OH I never watch them at all, I have better things to do then to watch movies I hate get awards.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I now have my team together to face the Hoenn E4:

• Axel the Brave Swampert

• Princess the Hardy Gardevoir

• Bebé the Rash Breloom

• Fuji the Bashful Camerupt

• Beacon the Serious Dusknoir

• Levia the Calm Salamence

I should draw my winning team when I have the chance.

Last edited:

Soul.

I now have my team together to face the Hoenn E4:

• Axel the Brave Swampert

• Princess the Hardy Gardevoir

• Bebé the Rash Breloom

• Fuji the Bashful Camerupt

• Beacon the Serious Dusclops

• Levia the Calm Salamence

I should draw my winning team when I have the chance.
>Calm Salamence
That's a bad natu---
>Elite Four team
Never mind. Go on. Not everything is competitive Pokémon.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
>Calm Salamence
That's a bad natu---
>Elite Four team
Never mind. Go on. Not everything is competitive Pokémon.
I'm burnt out on Competitive Pokemon. I just like to enjoy my Pokemon as I did when I was young and carefree.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
'Sup people.
Today, nothing happened. I'm still puting ideas up for my manga, but appart from that, nothing else.
Here's a random gif :
View attachment 35928
:4mario:: Yes! We did it! We knocked over Luigi!
:rosalina:: Phew... That was a close call, now that he's knocked over, he won't be able to win! He can't do anything now!
:4luigi::You fools... Don't you realize? My true power... My true power COMES FROM DOING NOTHING! AND YOU HAVE JUST AWAKENED IT!
:4peach:: OH NO!
:4luigi:: OH YEAH! THE YEAR OF LUIGI NEVER ENDS!
*Extremely loud explosion*

*Note to self: Insert Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing MP10 here in the future*

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
How is ORAS? I refuse to get them until theres something thats cool to change my mind and pushes me over the edge

D

Deleted member

Damn, I just checked Anime News Network and got to know that Japanese voice actor Chikao Ohtsuka passed away.

He was the voice of Big Boss from MGS and Dr. Eggman from Sonic, as well as being prominent in anime. He was the father of Snake's JP VA Akio Ohtsuka.

RIP
First Deem Bristow, then Long John Baldry (both within the same year), now Chikao Ohtsuka?
Just how many Eggmen are we going to lose? ;_;

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4mario:: Yes! We did it! We knocked over Luigi!
:rosalina:: Phew... That was a close call, now that he's knocked over, he won't be able to win! He can't do anything now!
:4luigi::You fools... Don't you realize? My true power... My true power COMES FROM DOING NOTHING! AND YOU HAVE JUST AWAKENED IT!
:4peach:: OH NO!
:4luigi:: OH YEAH! THE YEAR OF LUIGI NEVER ENDS!
*Extremely loud explosion*

*Note to self: Insert Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing MP10 here in the future*
We all know that in reality, :4luigi: wants to be like his rival :

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
We all know that in reality, :4luigi: wants to be like his rival :
No. Luigi doesn't need to be like Waluigi.
Luigi has his Waffle Kingdoms, his Vacuum Cleaners, and his sick dance moves.
He doesn't need the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in his life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom