• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Chracters from the new game would do even more good for the fire emblem series! How many more should they add so as to not be considered pushing it?
I think 1 more protagonist would be good, especially if they were unique like Robin. An axe wielder or an archer would be pretty unique, as we've never seen anything like an axe user in smash and the only thing close to an archer that we've ever had is Link.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Tumblrina: The Canned Disney Princess Story That Was Never Made.

Why?

Because [insert generic Tumblr SJW nonsense]
Tumblr continue to not know what they are talking about.
Everybody and their pet goldfish like Rocket's post right now. RIGHT NOW!!!!
Too bad I killed my goldfish with a crybaby and dish detergent

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Especially a rep for a game that just came out
Plus they just got two new reps
Plus Impa
Impa never made sense to me. How would she be anything other than a Sheik clone?

I really do want Isaac from Golden Sun now that they removed his assist trophy. He's very interesting as a DLC prospect.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Impa never made sense to me. How would she be anything other than a Sheik clone?

I really do want Isaac from Golden Sun now that they removed his assist trophy. He's very interesting as a DLC prospect.
HW and OOT Impa would like a word with you
She's like the biggest char outside the Triforce three
The least Impa could be is a Sheik semiclone
Tell him @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong :smirk:

Last edited:

Soul.

Impa is a Sheik clone.
We're fine people. Sheik being there instead of Impa fine. Both are from the Sheikah tribe. Hahahahah.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I think 1 more protagonist would be good, especially if they were unique like Robin. An axe wielder or an archer would be pretty unique, as we've never seen anything like an axe user in smash and the only thing close to an archer that we've ever had is Link.
Yeah, and the four that we have now are all sword users. I don't really mind though. But an axe user would bring a lot to the table. I know these characters aren't from the new game but Im really surprised that they didn't cut :ike: for Micaiah or Tiki's sake. They would be awesome, especially if tikis a dragon shifter.
And oh, sorry:pit::4darkpit:...

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
There's no limit to the number of FE characters.

That is a fact. FE is awesome and severely under-appreciated.
I'd agree. Just look at Pokemon. 5 reps :p
But the number of reps doesn't really matter if the character fits into smash really well.
Side note: I haven't found a newcomer that's ever fit in better than Little Mac. That man was MADE for Smash Bros.

Did you see her giant *** sword in Hyrule Warriors? :p
Another sword user? Did you see my rant about how this potential FE rep should not be a sword user at all? We don't really need any more, do we? We have like what, 6 or 7 now?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

And Its really hard for me to support Isaac anymore. I can't even make out why there are two songs but absolutely nothing else

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Impa is a Sheik clone.
We're fine people. Sheik being there instead of Impa fine. Both are from the Sheikah tribe. Hahahahah.
Can I get an Amen?!?!

A-freakin-men!!!!!!!

And Its really hard for me to support Isaac anymore. I can't even make out why there are two songs but absolutely nothing else
I think bc of the assist trophy removal, he has a better chance then most.

Soul.

There is no such thing as "reps."
We play as characters, not representations.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
As much as I'd like to turn into the Impa support thread right now, I won't because it makes no sense to argue over which characters make the most sense.
Well, I came across my first.. or second racism comment on youtube. Whew I'm glad I don't have to make them look like idiots, they do that themselves
Only 2?
That's pretty good considering even a video with just a tomato in it could have racist comments.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Music composer Motoi Sakuraba is awesome. That unique progressive rock style blended with orchestral.

I've been listening to soundtracks from the Mario Golf series, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and 4, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Golden Sun series, Star Ocean series, Tales series, Resonance of Fate, Baten Kaitos series, Project X Zone, his solo albums and more. (A good amount of games I never played, but know he worked on.)

I don't usually listen to music from games I haven't played, but the music is just too good. Might end up getting to know some more game series. A lot of them are JRPGs, so it's pretty great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Does anyone else refuse to watch the Academy Awards?
After ****ing Frozen wan an award above a GHIBLI film, I stopped caring about any awards

Only 2?
That's pretty good considering even a video with just a tomato in it could have racist comments.
I got called a cracker once....

Ok Im sure you see the problem there

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Everyone needs to read this.

The fact that people use "reps" as their argument for why x can/can't get in is hlariously stupid.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Impa is a Sheik clone.
Well technically, going by lore Sheik is a Impa clone
Zelda is Sheik therefore Sheik isn't from that tribe, she was mimicking her protecter.
Impa can be more than a Sheik clone, just like how Ike isn't a Marth clone
But as I stated earlier
As much as I'd like to turn into the Impa support thread right now, I won't because it makes no sense to argue over which characters make the most sense.
Series representation bruh
In terms of newcomers we talk about reps because it's easier to cover franchises as a whole rather than characters in most cases. Makes speculation easier

Last edited:

Soul.

Zelda is Sheik therefore Sheik isn't from that tribe, she was mimicking her protecter.
Well you're right about that. Technically Sheik is the clone, but meh. I'm not an expert in speculation.
Speaking of Marth, I am seriously laughing at the noobs who spam forward smash, Shield Breaker, up smash and Side B and do nothing else.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
They can definitely pull her off based off of HW even though it isn't canon....
I think bc of the assist trophy removal, he has a better chance then most.
But what about the other removed AT's?

Soul.

That word annoys me a lot, actually. What's a "rep"? Is it trademarked or something?
A rep is a thing people use to think that we play as a representation of a certain character in the carefree universe of Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Disagree highly with your view on Impa. She has the potential to have a whole lot of different sorts of movesets even, unlike most other characters. She could carry a giant blade or naginata as in Hyrule Warriors, or fight as a sort hybrid of Zelda and Sheik as Skyward Sword Impa. She can cast a giant barrier to that is able to withhold attacks or reflect projectiles as shown in a cutscene in Skyward Sword. And as a time traveller, she could probably realistically use one of Skyward Sword's more interessting game mechanics ; the Timeshift Orbs. Deku Nuts are also a great possibility, seeing as Sheik doesn't use them, and they where removed as an item this time around.

So, big giant sword (actually, in Hyrule Warriors she even uses the Biggoron Sword) with water powered magic which she swings with great speed and agility, a naginata with fire powers and spear-like magical projectiles, time slowing attacks with the Timeshift Orbs, barrier to block attacks, Deku Nuts, magical ball attack, teleporting via Time Portals (making this up, but would work realistically- even if it's only her stage entrance), material arts based on kung fu / eastern fighting styles (as made up by her stance doing the barrier).

Videos of stuff:

Doesn't feature Impa, but the Timeshift Orb talked about earlier. SS Impa would likely get magical abilities that resemble this.

So there's basically a whole lot what she can do.

Just like Isaac, who's also a great choice, that I greatly agree with.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
They can definitely pull her off based off of HW even though it isn't canon....

But what about the other removed AT's?
Mr. Resetti totally has better chances than the others because of this

GET IT, A LITERAL WATER DEMON "KAPPA" HEHUEHUEUEUEHUEIUEHHDIUDS
Disagree highly with your view on Impa. She has the potential to have a whole lot of different sorts of movesets even, unlike most other characters. She could carry a giant blade or naginata as in Hyrule Warriors, or fight as a sort hybrid of Zelda and Sheik as Skyward Sword Impa. She can cast a giant barrier to that is able to withhold attacks or reflect projectiles as shown in a cutscene in Skyward Sword. And as a time traveller, she could probably realistically use one of Skyward Sword's more interessting game mechanics ; the Timeshift Orbs. Deku Nuts are also a great possibility, seeing as Sheik doesn't use them, and they where removed as an item this time around.

So, big giant sword (actually, in Hyrule Warriors she even uses the Biggoron Sword) with water powered magic which she swings with great speed and agility, a naginata with fire powers and spear-like magical projectiles, time slowing attacks with the Timeshift Orbs, barrier to block attacks, Deku Nuts, magical ball attack, teleporting via Time Portals (making this up, but would work realistically- even if it's only her stage entrance), material arts based on kung fu / eastern fighting styles (as made up by her stance doing the barrier).

Videos of stuff:

Doesn't feature Impa, but the Timeshift Orb talked about earlier. SS Impa would likely get magical abilities that resemble this.

So there's basically a whole lot what she can do.

Just like Isaac, who's also a great choice, that I greatly agree with.
All my likes, take them

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, I just checked Anime News Network and got to know that Japanese voice actor Chikao Ohtsuka passed away.

He was the voice of Big Boss from MGS and Dr. Eggman from Sonic, as well as being prominent in anime. He was the father of Snake's JP VA Akio Ohtsuka.

RIP

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Damn, I just checked Anime News Network and got to know that Japanese voice actor Chikao Ohtsuka passed away.

He was the voice of Big Boss from MGS and Dr. Eggman from Sonic, as well as being prominent in anime. He was the father of Snake's JP VA Akio Ohtsuka.

RIP
Awww man another DR Eggman VA passed away? first the American one then him. I wonder who will replace him.
My condolences go to Akio Ohtsuka

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Mr. Resetti totally has better chances than the others because of this
Not a chance! Lol
There are a few others on there that wouldn't work, and, sadly even if Snake was back in, Gray Fox would never have a chance unfortunately :crying:

D

Deleted member

RIP
Wow... I can't believe this happened. At least, he will be on the heavens.
Rest in peace. :/

I don't know who will replace him as Eggman's Japanese voice actor.

A rep is a thing people use to think that we play as a representation of a certain character in the carefree universe of Smash Bros.
Well, that serves no purpose. We should call them characters, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom