• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I dislike Sandra Bullock but I liked it she gave a Thank You speech when she won one.
She was being sarcastic it seems. Well, that's what happens when a bad film shows up.. and talking about that.. my most hated film should've won one. :troll:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Better than X/Y.
Better than R/S.
Worse than Emerald because of lack of postgame.
I will get hate for this but I quickly got bored of Y. Lets put it like this I had WAY more fun playing Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. So if its better than X/Y thats a good thing!
Hmm worse than emerald... oh I actually assume, as one would, that they're going to remake Emerald also? and Z?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's true. It's hard finding someone suitable as a replacement to be honest, especially when you've been doing the same role for 10+ years. It's still sad to see him go though. I just looked stuff up and Deem Bristow (Eggman's original English VA) died in January 15, 2005.. Chikao Otsuka died ten years later... ._.

Yeah, I heard about the in-universe son and father characters thing. They did it in MGS4 I think. Never played the game though as I don't own a PS3.
Wow, that's grim. Two actors for the same character dying in the exact same day. What are the chances. o_O

But yeah, it's not going to be the same for the Sonic series in Japan. Ohtsuka had been voicing the character for nearly 20 years, considering Sonic Adventure was released in 1998.

It's speculated that the Snake codec in Brawl was a voice actor joke lost in translation. Snake (VA: Akio Ohtsuka) didn't like Sonic. Sonic always defeats Eggman (VA: Chikao Ohtsuka).

First Deem Bristow, then Long John Baldry (both within the same year), now Chikao Ohtsuka?
Just how many Eggmen are we going to lose? ;_;
The nasty coincidence is, as @Flight pointed out, Deem Bristow and Chikao Ohtsuka died in the same day: January 15th. The former in 2005, the latter in 2015. So, an exact decade of difference.

Soul.

I will get hate for this but I quickly got bored of Y. Lets put it like this I had WAY more fun playing Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. So if its better than X/Y thats a good thing!
Hmm worse than emerald... oh I actually assume, as one would, that they're going to remake Emerald also? and Z?
You're not alone. I got bored of X/Y as well. There's really not much you can do after beating a Pokémon game, even if the post-game is long. Gen 6 is just eh. Mega Evolutions are a cool concept though, I'll give them that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
omg I love Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First Deem Bristow, then Long John Baldry (both within the same year), now Chikao Ohtsuka?
Just how many Eggmen are we going to lose? ;_;
"You know what they say, the more the merrier!"

In all seriousness, and with all Eggman jokes aside, it truly is sad that he's gone. It's nice that he managed to live so long though, and I just hope he went peacefully. Rest in peace, Chikao Ohtsuka.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think it's slightly overrated, but being able to catch Deoxys in-game is really nice.
But it does give us one of the best battle themes in all of pokemon.

Battle! vs. Lorekeeper Zinnia. They turned Pokemon into Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. One of these days I plan on getting Omega Ruby, but mostly for what a I plan on doing with the secret base.

So I heard there was a store around Hoenn that allows you to purchase Substitutes, so I plan on getting a bunch of them and making a "maze".
But the real kicker is that I purposefully barricade myself and the flag. But for the crafty ones who work their way around it, I give them a special reward of a team made entirely of Evolite Magikarp.

It's genius.

I think it's slightly overrated, but being able to catch Deoxys in-game is really nice.
But you get to catch a space Pokemon! In Space!

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Don't worry, I'm a huge Pokéfan and I was, too, disappointed by X/Y. And no, I don't think we'll see an Emerald remake, Z is possible.

D

Deleted member

The nasty coincidence is, as @Flight pointed out, Deem Bristow and Chikao Ohtsuka died in the same day: January 15th. The former in 2005, the latter in 2015. So, an exact decade of difference.
Sweet Jesus.....Bristow and Baldry die in the same year, and Bristow and Ohtsuka die on the same day exactly one decade apart.
....something is up.

"You know what they say, the more the merrier!"

In all seriousness, and with all Eggman jokes aside, it truly is sad that he's gone. It's nice that he managed to live so long though, and I just hope he went peacefully. Rest in peace, Chikao Ohtsuka.
Considering how voice acting works in Japan, I wonder what's going to happen for the Sonic series. Will Dr. Eggman get a new actor like Heihachi did, or will the character be retired like what happened with Col. Campbell after his actor passed?
Speaking of Metal Gear, what's going to happen with Big Boss too?!

D

Deleted member

Wow, that's grim. Two actors for the same character dying in the exact same day. What are the chances. o_O

But yeah, it's not going to be the same for the Sonic series in Japan. Ohtsuka had been voicing the character for nearly 20 years, considering Sonic Adventure was released in 1998.

It's speculated that the Snake codec in Brawl was a voice actor joke lost in translation. Snake (VA: Akio Ohtsuka) didn't like Sonic. Sonic always defeats Eggman (VA: Chikao Ohtsuka).

Indeed. I didn't even notice both died in the same day until now, but oh well. Sega of Japan better not replace the entire cast and not pull a 4Kids in that front.. they should just find a new Eggman VA and that's it.

Akio Otsuka doesn't like Sonic? Maybe they used old clips of his voice to make that codec or it was a sound-alike, it must've been one of those two.

Soul.

Don't worry, I'm a huge Pokéfan and I was, too, disappointed by X/Y. And no, I don't think we'll see an Emerald remake, Z is possible.
I honestly doubt we'll see Pokémon Z or whatever the supposed third game is. Gen 6 is almost 3 years old, which will make my statement wrong in the sense that they could be making the third game right now.
Wait......are you kidding me? I just noticed that. o_o

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That moment when you're about to change your avi to Karma Akabane but @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo already has an avatar like that
Yo, the more, the marrier
Nope. Nice music, new megas (including Mega Altaria, which in itself is a plus), and an over all nice way to bring Hoenn back are among my other reasons.
hm.. Ill agree that some of the music in the game is good but my heart belongs to sinnoh

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
...but mostly for what a I plan on doing with the secret base.

So I heard there was a store around Hoenn that allows you to purchase Substitutes, so I plan on getting a bunch of them and making a "maze".
But the real kicker is that I purposefully barricade myself and the flag. But for the crafty ones who work their way around it, I give them a special reward of a team made entirely of Evolite Magikarp.
What you described was my experience when I used to be addicted to an online simulator chatroom site called Habbo Hotel.
I always went on there just to play games hosted by other people to win Furni. So I could create my own game rooms from knick knacks. :p

Did anyone else used to be addicted to Habbo Hotel or Neopets?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I honestly doubt we'll see Pokémon Z or whatever the supposed third game is. Gen 6 is almost 3 years old, which will make my statement wrong in the sense that they could be making the third game right now.
But we seem to get a new main game every year. I wouldn't mind if we didn't get one this year, though.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Gen 6 is just eh.
My sentiments exactly!

omg I love Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness
Colosseum was OK. But XD I think was one of the best Pokemon games. The Gameplay, music, and story! So much Fun!

I wish they had done some thing to make X and Y more fun. I could go on and on. We all have our theories about those Emerald and Z concepts lol.

D

Deleted member

Sweet Jesus.....Bristow and Baldry die in the same year, and Bristow and Ohtsuka die on the same day exactly one decade apart.
....something is up.

Considering how voice acting works in Japan, I wonder what's going to happen for the Sonic series. Will Dr. Eggman get a new actor like Heihachi did, or will the character be retired like what happened with Col. Campbell after his actor passed?
Speaking of Metal Gear, what's going to happen with Big Boss too?!
What would be Sonic without Eggman and what would be Metal Gear without Big Boss? I think they're just going to hire sound-alikes or something. I doubt they'd retire the characters, I mean, they're famous and what not. But that's the same thing I'm wondering about.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What you described was my experience when I used to be addicted to an online simulator chatroom site called Habbo Hotel.
I always went on there just to play games hosted by other people to win Furni. So I could create my own game rooms from knick knacks. :p

I haven't heard of Habbo Hotel, but I was addicted to Neopets for a while (though I always hated the "Special" pets. The last thing I wanted to do wait to wait for those Poogles to appear again).

D

Deleted member

Indeed. I didn't even notice both died in the same day until now, but oh well. Sega of Japan better not replace the entire cast and not pull a 4Kids in that front.. they should just find a new Eggman VA and that's it.
Actually, Sega fired the old cast and hired the 4Kids cast before Bristow's death. Strange, huh?

Akio Otsuka doesn't like Sonic? Maybe they used old clips of his voice to make that codec or it was a sound-alike, it must've been one of those two.
No no no, Snake doesn't like Sonic. The joke was that the actor's father voiced Eggman, Sonic's nemesis.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Sega fired the old cast and hired the 4Kids cast before Bristow's death. Strange, huh?

No no no, Snake doesn't like Sonic. The joke was that the actor's father voiced Eggman, Sonic's nemesis.
Oh, my bad. My mistake then. xD
I confuse things a lot, I think.

Well, it is strange, but that was a big troll move by Sega. We wouldn't have fans complaining about Ryan Drummond not voicing Sonic or whatever. I get used to the new voices anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

oh boy Habbo Hotel. Is that still up?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Kinda funny, but I actually just recently got back into Neo. I checked it like, once after a really long hiatus, found out that some item I had had inflated to a massive price, and sold it for 1.5 Mil. :laugh:

Soul.

But we seem to get a new main game every year. I wouldn't mind if we didn't get one this year, though.
Wouldn't be surprised if they made another Pokémon game this year.
"Introducing Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2! With Zygarde X and Zygarde Y, the new formes of Zygarde!"

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
"Introducing Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2! With Zygarde X and Zygarde Y, the new formes of Zygarde!"
Well, considering hackers found two never-before-seen moves on Zygarde, it won't be that farfetched. And I would prefer a sequel over the third version.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
It kind of sucks that Zygarde is a legendary, I love his design and would love to use him online.
Unless things have changed since Gen V, and you can have legendaries on your team in online play

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kinda funny, but I actually just recently got back into Neo. I checked it like, once after a really long hiatus, found out that some item I had had inflated to a massive price, and sold it for 1.5 Mil. :laugh:
So how much has it changed?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I haven't heard of Habbo Hotel, but I was addicted to Neopets for a while (though I always hated the "Special" pets. The last thing I wanted to do wait to wait for those Poogles to appear again).
I began losing interest when they redesigned the whole site from scratch, and added "Customisation" to the pets. They literally became a single template while the Paintbrush colour costumes they had began to look more like swap-ins. A lot of Neopet Paintbrush designs lost their unique identity in the process, and became less interesting to obtain.

I also got myself banned for trying out a free NP-making system.

That might've happened to me if I didn't get my account banned.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Omg, please not another Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 nightmare, right??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So how much has it changed?
That depends on when exactly you left. :p

I'm a sucker for its lore, mainly. It's fascinating to me if you look at what the story's like below the surface.

Though I wouldn't suggest going back right now, since the site's still dealing with a few issues from the server moving. They made the first new Pet since the Lutari though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That depends on when exactly you left. :p

I'm a sucker for its lore, mainly. It's fascinating to me if you look at what the story's like below the surface.

Though I wouldn't suggest going back right now, since the site's still dealing with a few issues from the server moving. They made the first new Pet since the Lutari though.
If I had to guess, it was right after the Moltara place was made.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Omg, please not another Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 nightmare, right??
Am I the only one who thinks Unova was the worst generation? I don't know. It just didn't feel the same as the old ones, but then again, I don't play Pokémon that much and I'm not good at it as a result.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whoa whoa Target is closing all stores in Canada
Wait what!?

Well, that was fast... There's one like a 5 min drive from me, I wonder if there's going to be any closing sales. Although, I've only been to Target like once or twice, but I never ended up buying anything. If they're all going to close, I wonder who's going to replace them.

I'm currently reading an article, and it gives a lot of reasons why the chain failed (bad management, overestimating market, etc.). In the end, it's facing multimillion dollar losses, damn. RIP employees and all who worked there. Hopefully they don't have trouble finding new jobs, because soon we're going to be more than 17, 000 jobs short as a country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom