• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I could've sworn there were a few instances where you were a little more harsh then you should've been. I'm dropping it anyway.
Eh, was just trying to be a bit silly there either way. I'll be gone. :emptysheep:
If I sounded harsh then this is my apology to the brony fanbase. I'm sorry. Now I tend to stick away from it as much as possible but I feel like I do owe an apology to the bronies on here. :) (Don't hate me, I don't ignore you bronies.) I can post a cute Rocket picture if that helps

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I'm giving up this ****ing game.

This guy beat me with Little Mac and put <---Scrub as his title thing. It's really just too much.
Dude's trying to make you more salty than you already are. I say try to shut him up. ;)

By the way, I'm up to #35 in the Mega Man comics. Just started the 'X' comic in it, so this'll become interesting.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
You should've done
--->Fgt

:troll:
I really don't use words like that.

Did you try going behind him?
Yup he was just being an ass. But considering this is the second time something like this has happened to me and I already have a low self confidence especially when playing competitively, it really deals a blow when someone is like that. I'm not really one for the competitive atmosphere anyway and this game proves that. Between that guy and all the rolling people do on FG, I tried and I'm done. I'm gonna play something else. So much for going back to this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why are people still playing For Glory anyway? Offline fighting CPUs with no lag is where it's at.

#NoFriends

kylexv

Smash Master
I had no idea you could find Mirage Spot Legendaries before even fighting the 8th Gym Leader. I just found an Azelf at Lv. 50.

My strongest pokemon is Lv.43.

I'm not prepared for this blind spot...
So. You didn't catch Groudon/Kyogre. They're level 45.
Pokemon Rule Number 236: Always save before a legendary battle.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also, in regard to the "What makes a good villain?" topic, I was gonna go into some detail, but I don't really have the time to atm. So I'll just list some of my favorite villains (from any format):

• Azula (Avatar: The last Airbender) - A super B**** you love to hate. Outside of that, she is a clever, conniving, and overconfident villainess. She managed to usurp a whole kingdom with only help of her 2 childhood allies. I also think she had a strong fitting payback, that took place slowly after the moment she lost her only two friends she could depend on. Becoming insane from the lack of dependency.

• Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - Another confident smart*** with just as much power and authority. However, he plays more comedic for the majority of the plot, and is memorable for his funny lines. He does get some decent moments that accentuate his troubling and maniacal actions that reminds you why he is the antagonist.

• Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.

• Blaise Debeste (Ace Attorney Investigations - English Path) - The guy in my avatar. Another example of an obvious villain, but his design and his mannerisms are too strong for me to spite. He constantly talks down to his son as worthless. He takes seat at a high position in the Law system that gives him much control. He'll verbally stab you when given the opportunity. Also, I won't spoil here, but basically, what he did in his past was the trigger for certain plot threads in the Phoenix Wright universe. This guy has been a major pain for many characters, and he couldn't give a damn. He can just make his own truths, y'know?

I have other favorites, but these are just the ones I could think of.

So who's your favorite villain(s)?
Wow, I have a lot of fave villains. I seriously can't make like a top 5 list. So, I'll just talk about the guy in my avatar (the blonde angel dude).

The Archangel (Baroque): *SPOILERS* Okay, he's from a very obscure game(s) that probably few people know and care about, but I'll still put the spoilers in tags. I guess he could be considered a villain (especially from some past actions he did)... or at least he's an antagonist. Characterizations seems to be more fleshed out in the Baroque manga (though remember it's non-canon), so I may also throw in some things from the manga too.

So, at the beginning of the game you may think Archangel's a pretty chill dude, as he tells you (the protag) what to do (basically how to restore the world from its post-apocalyptic state, as you apparently caused it). In reality, though, he's a manipulative d-bag, that uses you to help himself create a new world. Also, basically it was Archangel who caused the cataclysm before. Anyway, I was quite amused (albeit a bit angry) when I found out the truth. Archangel also makes you use a gun that fires bullets made out of cute baby angel beings. Of course he doesn't tell you this. Once you learn more about Archangel's backstory, he could be considered a tragic character, with some misguided views. Let's just say he hates how humanity's turning out to be, mostly thanks to ignorance towards certain problems. He also could see corruption in people thanks to something that happened to him (this may have made his mental state even worse), so he avoids people who are heavily corrupted in the special group he's in, seeking to create a world free of corruption.

Good news though! Depending on the game or manga, there's different endings! Game ending is very bittersweet (heavy emphasis on the "bitter"), while the manga has a more upbeat ending.

I love (and hate) how Archangel's manipulative, and you only find out his true ambitions later on. I was all like, "****, I wouldn't have helped you if I knew the truth!" Then again, a part of me kinda wants to see what would have happened if Archangel got his wish of creating a new world. Would things have been better than what happened in the ending? Or would humanity have been even more corrupt? So many questions...

At least... this is what I could remember. Haven't played Baroque in a long time. Game really needs reboot or something I feel, especially to bring it up to modern day standards. It has potential be a really interesting roguelike game, but I think some flaws are holding it back.

And, I just remembered an important thing that makes a good villain: sexiness. Who doesn't love a sexy bad boy?

Which is why Dr. Robotnik is my #1 fave villain

^ I think Robotnik invented the troll face

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Yup he was just being an ***. But considering this is the second time something like this has happened to me and I already have a low self confidence especially when playing competitively, it really deals a blow when someone is like that. I'm not really one for the competitive atmosphere anyway and this game proves that. Between that guy and all the rolling people do on FG, I tried. I'm gonna play something else. So much for going back to this game.
lol, maybe I should point these things out in my posts next time :facepalm: I'm so stoopid.

Fgt:

For
Glory
Troll

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So about 6 months ago, I began to read to Pokemon manga off of, well, the only site I could find it on, up until I got to the BW arcs, and had to stop reading because they were out of order AND not all of them were there.
Just happened to check back a few minutes ago to confirm something I read about the BW manga, and apparently, all of the missing spaces were filled and re-ordered yesterday.
Y'know, yesterday, January 14th.
I'm not sure what's up with me and incredibly convenient timing, but this sort of stuff happens ALL the time.
It's really weird.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

Yup he was just being an ***. But considering this is the second time something like this has happened to me and I already have a low self confidence especially when playing competitively, it really deals a blow when someone is like that. I'm not really one for the competitive atmosphere anyway and this game proves that. Between that guy and all the rolling people do on FG, I tried and I'm done. I'm gonna play something else. So much for going back to this game.
What I meant was the arrow was pointing to the left so if you went behind him the arrow would be pointing at nothing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yup he was just being an ***. But considering this is the second time something like this has happened to me and I already have a low self confidence especially when playing competitively, it really deals a blow when someone is like that. I'm not really one for the competitive atmosphere anyway and this game proves that. Between that guy and all the rolling people do on FG, I tried and I'm done. I'm gonna play something else. So much for going back to this game.
Why do people keep going on For Glory if it makes them this mad? wouldn't it be common sense to, you know, stop going on for glory?

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
What I meant was the arrow was pointing to the left so if you went behind him the arrow would be pointing at nothing.
Oh sorry haha guess it went over my head. Nah I didn't do that.

I'm pretty down now so if you guys don't mind, we could change the subject other than my scrubiness in FG.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Shipping...

How can that word be delightful yet disgusting to my mind?

I think we all have at least two characters that would like to see together in a romatic relationship, supporting them during the run of a work. Personally I think it's okay, we all have our tastes, heck I even have some ships.

HOWEVER, the bad is when things go out of control.

Look at the Avatar fandom for example, there's a reason why it provides the Ship-to-Ship Combat pic in TV Tropes; The Zutara situation has plagued the fandom since it's conception; while I'm not stating it's obligatory to like Kataang, both shipper groups (specially the former) act very violent with each other, making the oppossing character a Ron the Death Eater that you can't say to like peacefully without the oppossing trying to bash or join their ranks. And that's solely with The Last Airbender, if we went to The Legend of Korra, we would never end.

Another annoying thing is when shipping is the only thing the fandom talks about. It's seriously annoying when you try to find something of a series or a specific character you like to find nothing but shipping stuff without that being your intention. Unless the series or character is only revoolved around that in the actual series, and even so there are cases of annoyance.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
There's also Anther's Ladder. Plenty of people to play and it's not all FD stages.

@ aethermaster aethermaster try giving this a shot instead.
I'm not gonna keep playing this game if I keep getting called a scrub or a noob every time I lose. I know that's the risk when I play a game online like this, but my head's not really in it.

Why do people keep going on For Glory if it makes them this mad? wouldn't it be common sense to, you know, stop going on for glory?
I'm not getting mad. I'm just done with this game. That was the nail on the coffin for me. I have other games that I wanna finish anyway.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just stopped caring about FG and my record there; I win, I lose, I got rekt and sometimes got annoyed by Macs and stuff but even if I lose 10 matches but in one I manage to destroy a FG scrub I feel accomplished. But I prefer For Fun because it's actually funnier and with less tryhards of course.

Alright! You vs 3 level 9 lucarios! Go!
Once I did that in Brawl....I got rekt because I failed to KO them and the 3 had over 100% damage lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Simple, you're fascinated by foreign countries, because unlike yours, they have rich and inspiring cultures.

I can see the ending: "I never found Frostwraith, unfortunately".

As a matter of fact, I have been in almost every region and major city in Portugal. It is a quite diverse country for its small size compared to other countries.
Well, when you live in a frozen wasteland in a country filled with fast food restaurants, it becomes sad and depressing when you've been to a "third-world" country, Vietnam, that has amazing street food. Then you go to restaurants like Peruvian, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, etc. restaurants and you realize that there are so few of them and they're kind of expensive... Hell, most people would rather go to an "all you can eat", Chinese buffet or something like Denny's than try other cultures' food.

There aren't a lot of homey, rustic restaurants in Wisconsin. I've been to like three and two of them felt like a restaurant, while the other felt... well, let's say that it was creepy and shady. It was a Filipino restaurant and the only one I'm aware of. The other two were Jamaican and Mexican. Everything else is high-class or really professional. It's cold and I live in a cold state.

Canada might be a nice place to live 'cause Canada's a nice - yay, redundancy. Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, maybe Norway, Switzerland, and England would be cool too, since they're not aggressive countries like China, Russia, the US, France, or Turkey? They seem like chill places and it'd be easy to travel from place to place that's much more different than going from Texas to Florida.

Then there's the thing about speaking different language. Oh, you can learn the grammar and vocabulary, but the speaking part isn't there. Reading's fine, but I can't speak French well or any other language aside from English well; my Vietnamese is getting sloppier by the day and I can only understand Cantonese.

And some accents are nice... Like a cute girl speaking with a French accent... Embarrass

Anyway, I guess that's my reasons. I don't like the politics of the US and some other countries, I don't like how some places are like time bombs for wars and retaliations, and frankly, Wisconsin's culture isn't that great... It's like what? Cheese, beer, and (American) football. Hell, the reason most people choose to live here is because of the university which is considered one of the best for medical and science. Otherwise, there's not much unless you're stuck here or you have family.

There are times where I feel like I was born in the wrong era and the wrong place. Sometimes I feel like I should have been Canadian, Scottish, Austrian, or Japanese rather than an American. Aside from cars, video games, art, cartoons, and select genres of music like jazz, blues, and swing, not much in the US clicks with me. Oh well.

Yeah, I probably might never find you and it's not because I couldn't find you, but it might because I was too distracted by Portugal to remember what the hell I was supposed to be doing. :p

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I've never taken being called a "scrub" heavily. MLG memes make me take it as a joke. I'm so optimistic!

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I'm not gonna keep playing this game if I keep getting called a scrub or a noob every time I lose. I know that's the risk when I play a game online like this, but my head's not really in it.
No, dude, everyone on Anther's ladder is chill as ****. You won't be called scrub or noob because everyone there (maybe except toilethumor) is willing to help you be better. I've had nothing but good times, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom