• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Simple, you're fascinated by foreign countries, because unlike yours, they have rich and inspiring cultures.
Our country has plenty of cultures...the media just focuses on the more dominant, less interesting ones. Well...I at least find some Native American cultures inspiring. I also think more of regional foods when I think of culture in the US.

With that said, you are probably correct on the rich part. US history really only started a couple centuries ago while European and Asian history has been on record for far much longer. Any culture that existed before colonizers came has pretty much been suppressed or mixed in.

Still, I agree that people will be fascinated by foreign countries because they are different from what the person is used to. This creates a natural curiosity to learn more, which adds on to the desire to live in a different country.

Soul.

Do you feel that you're wasting time? If so, then it's a bad thing.
To be honest, with all the stuff Nintendo is doing for the 3DS makes it hard to me to waste time.
Although I could waste time watching speedruns or Smash matches. lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Our country has plenty of cultures...the media just focuses on the more dominant, less interesting ones. Well...I at least find some Native American cultures inspiring. I also think more of regional foods when I think of culture in the US.

With that said, you are probably correct on the rich part. US history really only started a couple centuries ago while European and Asian history has been on record for far much longer. Any culture that existed before colonizers came has pretty much been suppressed or mixed in.

Still, I agree that people will be fascinated by foreign countries because they are different from what the person is used to. This creates a natural curiosity to learn more, which adds on to the desire to live in a different country.
I was kind of joking with that comment, but what you say is quite true.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

And now that I have your attention, should I make Hawkeye Mii a Brawler or a Gunner?

Well, there goes my eyes for the hour. I guess my own ships (and random ideas) just aren't appreciated anymore. I had a good run for a short time I guess. *sulks in corner*

But maybe I can bring them back somehow... *thinks*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, there goes my eyes for the hour. I guess my own ships (and random ideas) just aren't appreciated anymore. I had a good run for a short time I guess. *sulks in corner*

But maybe I can bring them back somehow... *thinks*
Eh, shippers will ship any character with any character, no restrictions.

I think shipping overall is stupid, but of course, that's just my opinion. Whatever others may think about it is none of my business.

To be honest, with all the stuff Nintendo is doing for the 3DS makes it hard to me to waste time.
Although I could waste time watching speedruns or Smash matches. lol
The 3DS is absolute greatness, so I can't really blame you.

And with this, I'm off to sleep. See ya next time, mortals.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I'm more into shipping characters that I have actually created, OCs. Shipping existing characters is boring to me.

Then again I've only shipped my characters once. Romancing is overdone and doesn't fit my stories very well.

Don't think any of this counts, but whatever. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Trying to complete the National Dex without Bank is hard, but sure it's fun; I've been grabbing everything I find in my PC to evolve it into its last stage (if possible) by beating over and over the trainers in Hoenn with a Lv. 51-78 5IV Jolly Garchomp as a lead sweeper.
I've only registered 53 entries since Monday, but Im rich as hell now (over 500,000 won with help of the Amulet Coin)

Also this. The fifth cover of the Sailor Moon Crystal DVDs

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL and at least they keep improving in the drawing/animation department; I disliked the second half of the first arc (some episodes plain suck IMO) but I may buy some of this because I want a quality product with all the animation errors corrected. The series still has a lot of room to improve but they need new and better animators and writers to do that.

Anyway, what I missed?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Eh, shippers will ship any character with any character, no restrictions.

I think shipping overall is stupid, but of course, that's just my opinion. Whatever others may think about it is none of my business.
Meh, some of it makes me relaxed and happy, but I'm generally sane compared to many. But what do I know? I'm just sad that the ones I like have few followers. On the bright side, it makes me more unique.... like the :4pit: x :4zss: one, but there's more to it than just shipping with em, and other choices of mine. :(

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Trying to complete the National Dex without Bank is hard, but sure it's fun; I've been grabbing everything I find in my PC to evolve it into its last stage (if possible) by beating over and over the trainers in Hoenn with a Lv. 51-78 5IV Jolly Garchomp as a lead sweeper.
I've only registered 53 entries since Monday, but Im rich as hell now (over 500,000 won with help of the Amulet Coin)

Also this. The fifth cover of the Sailor Moon Crystal DVDs

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL and at least they keep improving in the drawing/animation department; I disliked the second half of the first arc (some episodes plain suck IMO) but I may buy some of this because I want a quality product with all the animation errors corrected. The series still has a lot of room to improve but they need new and better animators and writers to do that.

Anyway, what I missed?
Cue Obo coming with an anti-Crystal comment.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Just remember this when you make fun of the Pokémon anime. @ Soul. Soul.
*CoughRemember that when you make fun of broniesCough* What? I didn't say anything. :happysheep:

On a serious note, I half agree with this message. It makes a good point that expressing hate can lead to bad circumstances, but at the same time, there is times when harsh criticism is required.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
lmao who pranked me

that was completely unexpected and caught me off guard

that was hilariously unexpected, whoever done it good job lol

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
*CoughRemember that when you make fun of broniesCough* What? I didn't say anything. :happysheep:

On a serious note, I half agree with this message. It makes a good point that expressing hate can lead to bad circumstances, but at the same time, there is times when harsh criticism is required.
I don't make fun of them I tend to ignore them (Not users on here) I try to stay away from the fanbase in general but thanks for reminding me! You get a lot of bonus points for making me look like an idiot. :031:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Speaking of Sailor Moon, I finished the second book yesterday. I'm hoping to get the 3rd book tomorrow, as it's gotten interesting (finally), if the Library at my school isn't closed tomorrow.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't make fun of them I tend to ignore them (Not users on here) I try to stay away from the fanbase in general but thanks for reminding me! You get a lot of bonus points for making me look like an idiot. :031:
I could've sworn there were a few instances where you were a little more harsh then you should've been. I'm dropping it anyway.
Eh, was just trying to be a bit silly there either way. I'll be gone. :emptysheep:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In regards to shipping characters, I normally don't talk about my ships unless I'm asked. I'll support pairings in anime/manga/etc., but it isn't that big of a deal in general. I also don't ship characters from different series. In some cases, I prefer there be no ship at all. For Fire Emblem Awakening, I don't have the game so I'm not even going to bother shipping characters for that.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm giving up this ****ing game.

This guy beat me with Little Mac and put <---Scrub as his title thing. It's really just too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom