• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
And you're the better man for doing so.

Also, in regard to the "What makes a good villain?" topic, I was gonna go into some detail, but I don't really have the time to atm. So I'll just list some of my favorite villains (from any format):

• Azula (Avatar: The last Airbender) - A super B**** you love to hate. Outside of that, she is a clever, conniving, and overconfident villainess. She managed to usurp a whole kingdom with only help of her 2 childhood allies. I also think she had a strong fitting payback, that took place slowly after the moment she lost her only two friends she could depend on. Becoming insane from the lack of dependency.

• Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - Another confident smart*** with just as much power and authority. However, he plays more comedic for the majority of the plot, and is memorable for his funny lines. He does get some decent moments that accentuate his troubling and maniacal actions that reminds you why he is the antagonist.

• Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.

• Blaise Debeste (Ace Attorney Investigations - English Path) - The guy in my avatar. Another example of an obvious villain, but his design and his mannerisms are too strong for me to spite. He constantly talks down to his son as worthless. He takes seat at a high position in the Law system that gives him much control. He'll verbally stab you when given the opportunity. Also, I won't spoil here, but basically, what he did in his past was the trigger for certain plot threads in the Phoenix Wright universe. This guy has been a major pain for many characters, and he couldn't give a damn. He can just make his own truths, y'know?

I have other favorites, but these are just the ones I could think of.

So who's your favorite villain(s)?
I want to answer this in detail but I'm lazy
The cold calculating plotting villains are usually the ones I like.
Plans are made in great detail, with little flaws.
The protagonist is caught like a fly in a spider web type of plan
They account for variables and make it seem like the protag has no chance of winning.
Now I would list villains like that but
I want to answer this in detail but I'm lazy
Deathstroke is one, but it depends on what version

Vandal Savage from the DCU

Sosuke Aizen

Claymore's "The Organization"
http://claymore.wikia.com/wiki/The_Organization
Quat Nevas from Psyren

But you get my gist so I won't list anymore~

The physical embodiment of evil itself.
My Street Fighter IV AE main <4

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Missed the whole fast food discussion. I eat McDonald's breakfast maybe once a month. Yeah, I know eating fast food isn't healthy, but it's cheap enough and I get tired of eating leftover Chinese food for lunch considering my family's culture is Chinese and we basically have Chinese food for every dinner during weeknights. Also, I don't make enough to eat out at healthier options often.

Apparently the Japanese Spider-Man made an appearance in the comics. I was so hyped hearing about that...and seeing references to the actors who played the movie versions in a different article.

D

Deleted member

And you're the better man for doing so.

Also, in regard to the "What makes a good villain?" topic, I was gonna go into some detail, but I don't really have the time to atm. So I'll just list some of my favorite villains (from any format):

• Azula (Avatar: The last Airbender) - A super B**** you love to hate. Outside of that, she is a clever, conniving, and overconfident villainess. She managed to usurp a whole kingdom with only help of her 2 childhood allies. I also think she had a strong fitting payback, that took place slowly after the moment she lost her only two friends she could depend on. Becoming insane from the lack of dependency.

• Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - Another confident smart*** with just as much power and authority. However, he plays more comedic for the majority of the plot, and is memorable for his funny lines. He does get some decent moments that accentuate his troubling and maniacal actions that reminds you why he is the antagonist.

• Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.

• Blaise Debeste (Ace Attorney Investigations - English Path) - The guy in my avatar. Another example of an obvious villain, but his design and his mannerisms are too strong for me to spite. He constantly talks down to his son as worthless. He takes seat at a high position in the Law system that gives him much control. He'll verbally stab you when given the opportunity. Also, I won't spoil here, but basically, what he did in his past was the trigger for certain plot threads in the Phoenix Wright universe. This guy has been a major pain for many characters, and he couldn't give a damn. He can just make his own truths, y'know?

I have other favorites, but these are just the ones I could think of.

So who's your favorite villain(s)?
The IGN community, Changeling, 4chan / ED users, and many more. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.
Oh... That *****. That mother****ing ***** and everything she pulls off!

One of my favorite villains for sure. She's one of those love to hate villains. She lacks any redeeming qualities and has all of her plans succeed. She's smug and arrogant and has every reason to be.

Oh, that will be easy. All I need to do is find a 230 cm man with orange-red hair, greenish-brown skin, and a glowing scar on his chest. I mean, who else looks like that? :p
Even if I looked like that :4ganondorf:...

The total area of the Portuguese territory is 92,212 km2 / 35,603 sq mi (according to Wikipedia).

Good luck wandering through the country to find me.

Anyway, some fun facts about Portugal:
- First Western country to contact with Japan
- First country to decriminalize use of any and all drugs and it actually contributed to lower drug consumption
- Was a kingdom until October 5th, 1910 (the day is a national holiday since then)
- Among the first countries in the world to abolish death penalty and legalize same-sex marriage
- Did not participate in World War II

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Even if I looked like that :4ganondorf:...

The total area of the Portuguese territory is 92,212 km2 / 35,603 sq mi (according to Wikipedia).

Good luck wandering through the country to find me.

Anyway, some fun facts about Portugal:
- First Western country to contact with Japan
- First country to decriminalize use of any and all drugs and it actually contributed to lower drug consumption
- Was a kingdom until October 5th, 1910 (the day is a national holiday since then)
- Among the first countries in the world to abolish death penalty and legalize same-sex marriage
- Did not participate in World War II
They also brought castella to Japan.

... The more I look at different countries like Canada, Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, etc., the more I want to move out of the US... I don't know why. :p

Well, I guess I'll need a motorcycle, a regular bike, or be really healthy to start my wanderings in Portugal. I shall make a memoir titled: "The Search for Frostwraith, the 230cm Man With a Fiery Mane or: How I Learned About Portugal and Fell in Love With It. :seuss:

I should watch Dr. Strangelove...

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Deathstroke is one, but it depends on what version

Vandal Savage from the DCU

Sosuke Aizen

Claymore's "The Organization"
http://claymore.wikia.com/wiki/The_Organization
Quat Nevas from Psyren

But you get my gist so I won't list anymore~

Hmm. Hmmhmm. Good choices. Although I don't have a clue who the last two are.

I preferred Sosuke Aizen during the first 3 seasons before I realised they wrote him as the villain who ALWAYS has a plan for everything. A counter for EVERY action. That ruined my opinion of him.

Oh, and Butterfly Aizen.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Hmm. Hmmhmm. Good choices. Although I don't have a clue who the last two are.

I preferred Sosuke Aizen during the first 3 seasons before I realised they wrote him as the villain who ALWAYS has a plan for everything. A counter for EVERY action. That ruined my opinion of him.

Oh, and Butterfly Aizen.
Butterfly Aizen is the reason I watch manga :troll:
It kind of upset me that he literally had a plan for everything as well
"Oh you planned to rebel against me just this minute?"

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yes, indeed they are!

And snickerdoodles!
Yus oatmeal and snickerdoodles~ *drools
I agree with you on Deathstroke, but like you said it depends on which version.
New 52 Deathstroke is the best version imo
He has no hesitation and does whatever he must to further his plans
The depiction of Deathstroke in Arrow is also up there with the best of them

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hoo boy...eight pages into this story and I'm still in the introductory scenes. This is gonna be a doozy. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom