• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good, keep the streak up. No positives in eating from McDonalds
I swore off McDonald's and fast food in general a few years ago due to some unrelated health issues. I lost a good chunk of weight and have felt far better in general.
If you say one more word to me, I will make your death slow.
"Why I don't-"
That was three. I'll be seeing you soon.

Ah, Handsome Jack is hilarious
He's by far my favorite villain in recent memory, both because of how damn funny he is and how well he's written. The Pre-Sequel just made him even better.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I refuse to go there. Id rather have Burger king or hell Wendys and Damn some Tropical Smoothie is Fine too
I'm more like: the less fast food, the better.

Agreeing with you here.

Hey, Frost!
Hey.

Good, keep the streak up. No positives in eating from McDonalds
Yep, no positives at all, especially when I have better options, including making my own food at home, eating at the University's buffet or at some fast-food chains here that actually have quality food rather than mass-produced processed crap. Of course, in the latter's cases, you usually have to wait a little longer than usual and the prices are higher, but the difference in quality is quite noticeable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well you are a Substitute.
I'm even surprised you can eat

What is the story/character art for again?
I had the suicidal due to the workload brilliant idea of having people in this thread give me a hodgepodge of information to craft a story out of, using you guys's ideas. :D

This was one of the characters, haha.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Decided to give you guys another advanced look at the story...in the form of a "production still." I used MSPaint to draw my interpretation of one of the many...colorful characters...you guys sent in. This is one of the story's main characters.

View attachment 35852

Volcanikin: Elemental composed entirely out of lava. This one coats himself in a sooty protective coating to at least try to not burn all he touches. Has Rayman-styled hands.

Was just writing more of this thread's story and just had the inspiration, haha. He was simple enough in concept for my lack of MSPaint skills. :p
Cant wait to see how my crap fits in

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
This a terrible solution. Do you know why?

What if he has an offspring?
Trolls can't lay eggs silly
I swore off McDonald's and fast food in general a few years ago due to some unrelated health issues. I lost a good chunk of weight and have felt far better in general.

He's by far my favorite villain in recent memory, both because of how damn funny he is and how well he's written. The Pre-Sequel just made him even better.
The fast food industry is crap in general
Never did play the Pre-Sequel though
But I agree he is well written.
People keep saying that but I have never had that issue ever and I have had taco bell for years.
Hence the volcanic part :troll:
Dormant man walking:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I want Portuguese food now, but I don't know anyone who's Portuguese or where there's any Portuguese restaurants near me. :sadeyes:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
We have a McDonalds that's about 10 mins drive away from my place.

Haven't gone there for 3- 4 months.

I mean, why would you go there when you can get Chinese takeaway delivreed to your home for the same price as you local family meal deal at McDonalds, except you get hella MORE. Like a LOT more. And Its better as well.

Or maybe it's what @RamOne said: blackmailing and telling him what to say and all that in order to avoid problems. He made an apology video, but that was for RonaldBalish (and for the average YouTuber too) but it turned out to be a lie when the next video was released after that one.

I don't see that.. every time I want to see the message an error appears on Twitter, but wel, if he wants to end this whole thing, so be it. I think lots of people would forgive him then. :p

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he's bluffing.

Either that or something happened with that 35K he had to spend.
Just embrace the America and it will appear out of thin air within your hands.

Already filled up to the top with your favorite drink, too.

Really?

I wonder what the heck could've changed his mind and how his final video will go. (probably still pretty bad in some way or another.. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lying for whatever reason, too)
Not sure if he really said that or the Rosalina fans hacked his Twitter and made everyone think he said that.
Eh, I dunno....who knows man.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So, the aura protects your digestive system? :p
Perhaps,maybe, possibly, potentially. Yes!

or maybe its the steel type advantage of being immune to all forms of "poison"

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Decided to give you guys another advanced look at the story...in the form of a "production still." I used MSPaint to draw my interpretation of one of the many...colorful characters...you guys sent in. This is one of the story's main characters.

View attachment 35852

Volcanikin: Elemental composed entirely out of lava. This one coats himself in a sooty protective coating to at least try to not burn all he touches. Has Rayman-styled hands.

Was just writing more of this thread's story and just had the inspiration, haha. He was simple enough in concept for my lack of MSPaint skills. :p
BTW everyone: I submitted Josh the Ogrehog as a protagonist. GET READY, AND GET EDGY.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want Portuguese food now, but I don't know anyone who's Portuguese or where there's any Portuguese restaurants near me. :sadeyes:
I am Portuguese.

And yes, Portuguese food is great. The foreigners who come here always love it.

(I'm totally not bragging about my country.)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I had the suicidal due to the workload brilliant idea of having people n this thread give me a hodgepodge of information to craft a story out of, using you guys's ideas. :D

This was one of the characters, haha.
Oh nice.
I didn't get a chance to give ideas :scared:
But it's a good thing, considering I have the creativity level of a gnat
The most creative thing I've come up with in a while was my old username, and even that was a hodgepodge of unoriginal stuff:teeth:

D

Deleted member

Never did play the Pre-Sequel though
But I agree he is well written.
Coulda fooled me, seeing how the conversation you quoted is from it.
It's a good game though, it's writing and characters are miles better than 2 IMO, but it's shorter and, if you care about it specifically, doesn't have nearly as much late-game content to keep you occupied (think of it as going from B2/W2's post-game to X/Y's post-game).

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Coulda fooled me, seeing how the conversation you quoted is from it.
It's a good game though, it's writing and characters are miles better than 2 IMO, but it's shorter and, if you care about it specifically, doesn't have nearly as much late-game content to keep you occupied.
LPs are great aren't they?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Perhaps,maybe, possibly, potentially. Yes!

or maybe its the steel type advantage of being immune to all forms of "poison"
How do organs made of steel/metal even work? Do Magnemites even eat and how?

I am Portuguese.

And yes, Portuguese food is great. The foreigners who come here always love it.

(I'm totally not bragging about my country.)
Can I move to Portugal and be your annoying neighbor? :p

Anything that isn't fast food tastes good. Paper tastes better than McDonalds. GARBAGE tastes better than fast food and, no, I haven't had garbage before. What am I? A trash compactor?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This is the same game where a small puff ball technically has an advantage over the ruler of space.
What I'm saying is logic isn't exactly their biggest priority.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Can I move to Portugal and be your annoying neighbor? :p

Anything that isn't fast food tastes good. Paper tastes better than McDonalds. GARBAGE tastes better than fast food and, no, I haven't had garbage before. What am I? A trash compactor?
who says organs of steel is required? These steel spikes are for more than just lethal hugs! Poison repellant and immunity!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Fact: where I'm living now, there's a McDonald's very close to my home. It's a less than 5 minute walk to go there.

I've been living in this place for over 3 years and never set foot there.
And you're the better man for doing so.

Also, in regard to the "What makes a good villain?" topic, I was gonna go into some detail, but I don't really have the time to atm. So I'll just list some of my favorite villains (from any format):

• Azula (Avatar: The last Airbender) - A super B**** you love to hate. Outside of that, she is a clever, conniving, and overconfident villainess. She managed to usurp a whole kingdom with only help of her 2 childhood allies. I also think she had a strong fitting payback, that took place slowly after the moment she lost her only two friends she could depend on. Becoming insane from the lack of dependency.

• Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - Another confident smart*** with just as much power and authority. However, he plays more comedic for the majority of the plot, and is memorable for his funny lines. He does get some decent moments that accentuate his troubling and maniacal actions that reminds you why he is the antagonist.

• Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.

• Blaise Debeste (Ace Attorney Investigations - English Path) - The guy in my avatar. Another example of an obvious villain, but his design and his mannerisms are too strong for me to spite. He constantly talks down to his son as worthless. He takes seat at a high position in the Law system that gives him much control. He'll verbally stab you when given the opportunity. Also, I won't spoil here, but basically, what he did in his past was the trigger for certain plot threads in the Phoenix Wright universe. This guy has been a major pain for many characters, and he couldn't give a damn. He can just make his own truths, y'know?

I have other favorites, but these are just the ones I could think of.

So who's your favorite villain(s)?

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I tend to like obviously evil characters that are hammy, overtly ambitious, badass and cunning. The kind that belittles anyone around them and justifiably so because they are more powerful than mere mortals. The ones to indulge in some terrific evil laughter to show pleasure in their villainy.
Notable examples: Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda), Hades (Kid Icarus), Gangrel (Fire Emblem), Palpatine/Darth Sidious (Star Wars), Asura (Soul Eater)

I also like villains of the tragic kind or anti-villains. Ones that have not always been evil, but were misguided somehow. Or maybe they do have good intentions, but their methods to achieve their goals are too cruel and destructive to reasonably justify them.
Examples: Light Yagami/Kira (Death Note), Zelgius/The Black Knight (Fire Emblem), Darth Vader (Star Wars)

As long as the villain:
- shows competency, as in, he/she is capable of achieving his/her goals before their eventual defeat (assuming it happens, of course)
- is genuinely shown as a threat, as in, he/she is feared by other characters and is shown to possess a lot of power
- well-characterized as a character, as in, his/her motives and goals are explained

I will like him/her. Those are the bread and butter of a good villain. The omission of the third criterion can also have some interesting results, as it makes the villain more mysterious and sometimes may make the character even more scary.

An example would be Grima from Fire Emblem: Awakening. He's competent and ends up causing major trouble to the world. He's definitely a threat and is feared by the heroes, and he's quite powerful as well. His characterization, however? You don't know his goals aside from destroying humanity, but he's not doing it for pleasure. Whatever his motives behind his desire to destroy humanity are never explained, which ups the creepy factor he has. Overall, eldritch abominations have this sort of dynamic going for them, in which their morality is never clear and may be downright alien to us and the characters.
I also tend to like tragic or anti-villains. But a problem I face with tragic or misguided villains (though I guess it could also be applied to anyone), is that's it's not like I become super emotional. But... sometimes I feel like there could have been things done to prevent such character from becoming misguided or stop them from preforming whatever evil deed. It's like, when scenarios like this happen: villain/antagonist is obviously emotionally unstable and states some "suspicious" or "dangerous" ideas or actions to like everyone, then walks away or whatever scene carries on. And no one bats an eye and tries to stop him. Ever. Only in the final conflict when **** does finally happen. Perhaps it's poor writing, but I start to feel bad, not only for the villain, but every other character because some destructive things could have been prevented if people actually cared and questioned things.

Though, would such characters still be considered villains then? I guess it depends. Sometimes I feel that characters live in an ignorant world lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So wait they are only ****ing with the he Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask New Nintendo 3DS XL and not the Monster Hunter one?

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Also, in regard to the "What makes a good villain?" topic, I was gonna go into some detail, but I don't really have the time to atm. So I'll just list some of my favorite villains (from any format):

• Azula (Avatar: The last Airbender) - A super B**** you love to hate. Outside of that, she is a clever, conniving, and overconfident villainess. She managed to usurp a whole kingdom with only help of her 2 childhood allies. I also think she had a strong fitting payback, that took place slowly after the moment she lost her only two friends she could depend on. Becoming insane from the lack of dependency.

• Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - Another confident smart*** with just as much power and authority. However, he plays more comedic for the majority of the plot, and is memorable for his funny lines. He does get some decent moments that accentuate his troubling and maniacal actions that reminds you why he is the antagonist.

• Medusa (Soul Eater) - Someone who secretively plots to turn against her enemies and her own kind (witches) for the sake of her experiments. Although they blatantly portray her evilness outside of her animal theme alone (i.e. Snakes), they play to that theme well enough to entertain me (in the costume design, her 'Vector Arrow' spells, her snake smile, etc.) Also, she experiments on her own child and treats them as a guinea pig most of the time.

• Blaise Debeste (Ace Attorney Investigations - English Path) - The guy in my avatar. Another example of an obvious villain, but his design and his mannerisms are too strong for me to spite. He constantly talks down to his son as worthless. He takes seat at a high position in the Law system that gives him much control. He'll verbally stab you when given the opportunity. Also, I won't spoil here, but basically, what he did in his past was the trigger for certain plot threads in the Phoenix Wright universe. This guy has been a major pain for many characters, and he couldn't give a damn. He can just make his own truths, y'know?

When it comes to the embodiment of pure evil, nothing is more sinister than Tom Nook.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Be my guest. :p

Just book a flight and try to find me in a country with over 10 million people. Good luck.
Oh, that will be easy. All I need to do is find a 230 cm man with orange-red hair, greenish-brown skin, and a glowing scar on his chest. I mean, who else looks like that? :p

who says organs of steel is required? These steel spikes are for more than just lethal hugs! Poison repellant and immunity!
I meant more like how would your digestive system work if it were made of metal... Unless... Weird... Do you eat through your spikes? :p

Unrelated, but I kind of want to change my avatar to a Sylveon on Valentine's Day. Why? Blame Locke 06's current avatar. :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Mariotehplumber

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I meant more like how would your digestive system work if it were made of metal... Unless... Weird... Do you eat through your spikes? :p
Of course not! Obviously the immunity is due to the steel typing because I got more than iron in my system, I got steel!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

The physical embodiment of evil itself.

D

Deleted member

We have a McDonalds that's about 10 mins drive away from my place.

Haven't gone there for 3- 4 months.

I mean, why would you go there when you can get Chinese takeaway delivreed to your home for the same price as you local family meal deal at McDonalds, except you get hella MORE. Like a LOT more. And Its better as well.

Eh, I dunno....who knows man.

Oh, that. I see. I don't know why the long wait for his final video, but okay.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Now there's the flaw in my logic. Too bad you can't force a vasectomy on someone.
Uh, yeah you can. Gunpoint, blackmail, holding his family - if he has one; ooo, burn - hostage, torture, and other various, creative, and "legal" ways. :demon:

D

Deleted member

Obvious answer is Handsome Jack, but also The Joker and Vaas (Far Cry 3) for similar reasons as Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom