• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

vStreamers shuts down and comes back in 2 months which nobody will care by then because it's that desolate.

Lots of people did that in that year. Maybe because muh 2.0 YouTube layout.
I don't really care about that site. I don't need to start the year by going to another video sharing site because let's face it, it's not the same. Also, yeah, I've seen people doing that in that year, but why YouTube out of all places? Well, uh, okay.

Soul.

I don't really care about that site. I don't need to start the year by going to another video sharing site because let's face it, it's not the same. Also, yeah, I've seen people doing that in that year, but why YouTube out of all places? Well, uh, okay.
The precious search engine called Google tells me they all went to YouTube in 2010-11 because everyone was pretty much there and with the layout being accessible it made people stay there until lol2012.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The precious search engine called Google tells me they all went to YouTube in 2010-11 because everyone was pretty much there and with the layout being accessible it made people stay there until lol2012.
So the world did end in 2012, by changing the YouTube layout and making tons of users angry as a result. I didn't mind Cosmic Panda and One Channel, sure, they are not enjoyable, but YouTube wasn't really much of a social site until now thanks to our archnemesis Google+.

Soul.

So the world did end in 2012, by changing the YouTube layout and making tons of users angry as a result. I didn't mind Cosmic Panda and One Channel, sure, they are not enjoyable, but YouTube wasn't really much of a social site until now thanks to our archnemesis Google+.
Yeah. Talking about YouTube is repetitive. It's all about "I hate the design!".
Anyways.

RIP normal sized New 3DS. 2014 (it was released in Japan in either October or November of that year)-2015.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Y'know, what makes a good villain? A subtle villain or a blatantly evil villain?
I tend to like obviously evil characters that are hammy, overtly ambitious, badass and cunning. The kind that belittles anyone around them and justifiably so because they are more powerful than mere mortals. The ones to indulge in some terrific evil laughter to show pleasure in their villainy.
Notable examples: Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda), Hades (Kid Icarus), Gangrel (Fire Emblem), Palpatine/Darth Sidious (Star Wars), Asura (Soul Eater)

I also like villains of the tragic kind or anti-villains. Ones that have not always been evil, but were misguided somehow. Or maybe they do have good intentions, but their methods to achieve their goals are too cruel and destructive to reasonably justify them.
Examples: Light Yagami/Kira (Death Note), Zelgius/The Black Knight (Fire Emblem), Darth Vader (Star Wars)

As long as the villain:
- shows competency, as in, he/she is capable of achieving his/her goals before their eventual defeat (assuming it happens, of course)
- is genuinely shown as a threat, as in, he/she is feared by other characters and is shown to possess a lot of power
- well-characterized as a character, as in, his/her motives and goals are explained

I will like him/her. Those are the bread and butter of a good villain. The omission of the third criterion can also have some interesting results, as it makes the villain more mysterious and sometimes may make the character even more scary.

An example would be Grima from Fire Emblem: Awakening. He's competent and ends up causing major trouble to the world. He's definitely a threat and is feared by the heroes, and he's quite powerful as well. His characterization, however? You don't know his goals aside from destroying humanity, but he's not doing it for pleasure. Whatever his motives behind his desire to destroy humanity are never explained, which ups the creepy factor he has. Overall, eldritch abominations have this sort of dynamic going for them, in which their morality is never clear and may be downright alien to us and the characters.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I tend to like obviously evil characters that are hammy, overtly ambitious, badass and cunning. The kind that belittles anyone around them and justifiably so because they are more powerful than mere mortals. The ones to indulge in some terrific evil laughter to show pleasure in their villainy.
Notable examples: Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda), Hades (Kid Icarus), Gangrel (Fire Emblem), Palpatine/Darth Sidious (Star Wars), Asura (Soul Eater)

I also like villains of the tragic kind or anti-villains. Ones that have not always been evil, but were misguided somehow. Or maybe they do have good intentions, but their methods to achieve their goals are too cruel and destructive to reasonably justify them.
Examples: Light Yagami/Kira (Death Note), Zelgius/The Black Knight (Fire Emblem), Darth Vader (Star Wars)

As long as the villain:
- shows competency, as in, he/she is capable of achieving his/her goals before their eventual defeat (assuming it happens, of course)
- is genuinely shown as a threat, as in, he/she is feared by other characters and is shown to possess a lot of power
- well-characterized as a character, as in, his/her motives and goals are explained

I will like him/her. Those are the bread and butter of a good villain. The omission of the third criterion can also have some interesting results, as it makes the villain more mysterious and sometimes may make the character even more scary.

An example would be Grima from Fire Emblem: Awakening. He's competent and ends up causing major trouble to the world. He's definitely a threat and is feared by the heroes, and he's quite powerful as well. His characterization, however? You don't know his goals aside from destroying humanity, but he's not doing it for pleasure. Whatever his motives behind his desire to destroy humanity are never explained, which ups the creepy factor he has. Overall, eldritch abominations have this sort of dynamic going for them, in which their morality is never clear and may be downright alien to us and the characters.
Now that you mention Grima, you know who he reminds me of? The Phantom from Ace Attorney Dual Destines.

No one knows who he is, what or who he works for and what his ambitions and motivations to do what he does. Heck, even the Phantom HIMSELF said that he doesn't even know who he is anymore... he doesn't even remember his own damn face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sad. Furious. Enraged. Sick with anger. Why.
There is also a Kirby faceplate.

You can't get it either. :troll: :troll: :troll:
Man, I wish the regular model was available in the US. The XL will do the job though.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am wondering if I should get a ticket to watch the last Naruto movie in SF. On plus side, I haven't seen an anime movie in theaters in years. Also because I read the manga. The bad side is it's a commute where I either spend $10 to take the train then however much for bus, or I drive and spend money for toll on bridge and for parking. Also it's a movie about a ship I didn't really approve of based on how badly it was developed in the manga.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It does suck. If the XL had faceplates as well then we wouldn't have a problem. Everyone wants the normal sized one.
"Everyone"? Yeah, no. XD

I don't think we need the normal sized one at all. The XL is the only one that matters. Normal 3DSes are too damn small.

People really need to stop complaining about the little things all of the time. No faceplates ain't gonna kill ya and you can find a way to use the bigger one even if your hands are the side of Kirby's "arm".

D

Deleted member

Lol, Mariotehplumber got hacked. His icon changed to... :rosalina:.
If it was really him he would still have his Classic Sonic icon.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I am wondering if I should get a ticket to watch the last Naruto movie in SF. On plus side, I haven't seen an anime movie in theaters in years. Also because I read the manga. The bad side is it's a commute where I either spend $10 to take the train then however much for bus, or I drive and spend money for toll on bridge and for parking. Also it's a movie about a ship I didn't really approve of based on how badly it was developed in the manga.
Naruto was rubbish at character development though
Outside of a couple of chars that is :3

Soul.

Everyone? Who is this everyone? I dont see many complaining
You.
Everyone in YouTube, gaming sites, 3DS Reddit.
"Everyone"? Yeah, no. XD

I don't think we need the normal sized one at all. The XL is the only one that matters. Normal 3DSes are too damn small.

People really need to stop complaining about the little things all of the time. No faceplates ain't gonna kill ya and you can find a way to use the bigger one even if your hands are the side of Kirby's "arm".
lol yeah normal sized 3DS units are small. I was going to get the XL anyway. Now to wait for the Metallic Blue one to be released.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait...people enjoy the normal ones over the XL? I thought people complained over the original size. I love the XL though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. Personally I'm a bit bummed out we're not getting the normal size (at least, for now), but I can see why.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly don't give a flaming {CENSORED FOR THE KITTENS} about the size difference in the consoles :upsidedown:
The faceplates would've been nice but ehhh
It's just weird that NOA decided to just sell the LL here

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Wait...people enjoy the normal ones over the XL? I thought people complained over the original size. I love the XL though.
Well, I have trouble holding and playing an XL due to it's size, prefer the lower pricing of the 3DS, the fact that the resolution is not streched out, the fact that it fits in my pocket and the 3DS's color schemes to name a few. The faceplates and customization really were strong selling points for myself, in addition.

I picked up my 3DS on day one fully knowing we'd get an XL released, and I knew that I wasn't going to upgrade.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Are we only getting the 3DSXL because we're 'Muricuh and in 'Muricuh everything is big?

D

Deleted member

Sometimes it's comfort, sometimes it's price, either way I can sorta understand it.
Though of course if you're like me and have big ****ing gorilla hands then you'll be uncomfortable in spite of what model you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom