• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's a third party accessory that lets you charge the 3DS with an USB port like mobile devices and Vita (second model). They should do that though.
The N3DS feels like a fix up except certain things can't be fixed like having a universal port. The volume controller was moved, the inclusion of a C-stick, I think the audio port was moved, and other stuff. Everything else is an update. Personally, I feel like there should have been a trade-in program, so Nintendo could (promote) recycle still useful parts of the 3DS. That and it'd be nice to get like a $50 discount. :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This dude, the salt is real. By that logic, we can say Screwattack is implying that America's fictional creations are the master race while anime characters are being treated as inferior. While ignoring the fact that most Death Battle winners were from comic books and video games, yet you don't see anyone making a big deal out of that. This is just one short preview of one of the two contestants in the next battle and this weaboo is already crying racism? I'm already laughing too hard right now since this is Miiverse levels of stupidity. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I know a lot of Nintendo fans who complain about annual franchises, but Pokemon is exactly that and Mario Party was approaching that during the N64/GameCube/beginning of the Wii era. 8 numbered titles from 1999 until 2007 plus Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS
Black and White: 2011 (2010 in Japan but I am talking about US)
Black and White 2: 2012
X and Y: 2013
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: 2014

Yep, that's right. I'm not into Pokémon anyway.

The N3DS feels like a fix up except certain things can't be fixed like having a universal port. The volume controller was moved, the inclusion of a C-stick, I think the audio port was moved, and other stuff. Everything else is an update. Personally, I feel like there should have been a trade-in program, so Nintendo could (promote) recycle still useful parts of the 3DS. That and it'd be nice to get like a $50 discount. :p
I sense a lot of stylus holder problems thanks to its position being at the bottom / base of the system. :troll:
It does feel like a fix up of sorts. I don't mind the new placements of the volume slider, and all that. Back when it was revealed in August, people were complaining because they wanted a full-fledged Circle Pad instead of a C-Stick... they sure like to complain about things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know a lot of Nintendo fans who complain about annual franchises, but Pokemon is exactly that and Mario Party was approaching that during the N64/GameCube/beginning of the Wii era. 8 numbered titles from 1999 until 2007 plus Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS
Pokémon is a bit of a borderline example, it does sometime release annually like recently from B2W2 to ORAS, sometimes it takes a break like from BW to B2W2 (for Japanese in terms of exact years, but remember that in terms of months, we got it about 18 months after BW) or DP to Platinum. I won't argue Mario Party though as barely follow the franchise as it is.

Having said that, I have heard that Masuda wants to cut down on the time it takes to release the games, which I hope isn't the case. I think only giving a year of development for these games would start to hurt them in the long run, particularly since I think ORAS could've used a bit more time then that.

Last edited:

Soul.

A huge part of me thinks Gen 6 will end next year just like B/W (which, to me, is the shortest Pokémon generation. It was a thing for 3 years). Meh.
Majora's Mask 3D doesn't have a Master Quest or something after you beat the game. inb4 you go back to the last save with nothing else to do

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah I know why people get super salty, because they think its a healthy choice to walk into back airs and smash attacks when standing near a ledge and expecting to survive.

Has a powerful recovery but one that has absolute zero priority and can get intercepted by literally anything that is not Fox's blaster and has one or barely maybe 2 options for stage recovery.

Kill moves are slow, predictable and easily spot dodged for a quick and easy punish and unlike basically the entire cast, going aggressive of any degree is suicide 80% of the time due to reliable kill moves being slow and having terrible range on anything thats not called aura sphere or force palm.

Has a counter that is arguably the worst counter outside of being an approaching tool.

And to top it off any bit of pressure and lucario totally crumbles and can easily go from 0% to death.

Getting anything done as lucario requires outplaying the opponent and making good reads but when such things happen people start pulling john after john out of their rear instead of accepting that got outplayed and properly countered.

Being a lucario main in a nutshell: Bust your *** and work real hard to pull out a win and when you do well you get called garbage not worth respecting.
Well, there's only his SideB that is scary. And the fact that Lucario can literally make a comeback with high damages is salty for the opponent who can't K.O it.

I have to say though, my mains have hard times to win. :4drmario: can't punish that easily and has a bad recovery, :4luigi: has great combos but slides too much and :4falcon: ain't that great in certain matchups. Really, Smash 4 makes characters survive too long compared to previous games, and characters that can K.O fast are called "OP" just for that.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It is?

R0Y

Smash Master
Pokémon is a bit of a borderline example, it does sometime release annually like recently from B2W2 to ORAS, sometimes it takes a break like from BW to B2W2 or DP to Platinum. I won't argue Mario Party though as barely follow the franchise as it is.

Having said that, I have heard that Masuda wants to cut down on the time it takes to release the games, which I hope isn't the case. I think only giving a year of development for these games would start to hurt them in the long run, particularly since I think ORAS could've used a bit more time then that.
Since Black & White 2 it's been fully annual, so 3 years now.
Mario Party played it mostly straight under Hudson Soft, with an empty 2006 but other years filled with multiple titles. More than a game a year from 1998 until 2007....then no new titles until 2012!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

This dude, the salt is real. By that logic, we can say Screwattack is implying that America's fictional creations are the master race while anime characters are being treated as inferior. While ignoring the fact that most Death Battle winners were from comic books and video games, yet you don't see anyone making a big deal out of that. This is just one short preview of one of the two contestants in the next battle and this weaboo is already crying racism? I'm already laughing too hard right now since this is Miiverse levels of stupidity. :laugh:
True, the guy is butthurt central right now. That being said though, Toph has literally 0 chance of surviving the fight, Gaara can counter pretty much everything she throws at him, and can make lots of his perks useless. Unless they stage the fight againts him and make Toph drop a bunch of water out of nowhere on him.

I mean I didnt really take Death Battles seriously, but if they actually bulls**t Toph into vicotry Im going to roll on the floor.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How do they make these Death Battles anyway? By using M.U.G.E.N? :troll:
They probably throw darts randomly at a wall to pick characters and have "experts" talk about then like in Deadliest Warrior. After that, they compile data and have people roleplay a fight. :p

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since Black & White 2 it's been fully annual, so 3 years now.
Mario Party played it mostly straight under Hudson Soft, with an empty 2006 but other years filled with multiple titles. More than a game a year from 1998 until 2007....then no new titles until 2012!
Which is what I said, it's been annual since B2W2, however, there are still breaks in that franchise like the one before that, so it's not completely annual. Plus, we don't know if Z/XY2 will release this year, which would break that annual cycle if it doesn't.

I'm still not going to defend that model as it is still close to it and I do think the games could benefit from having a bit more time, but it's not an exact example like Mario Party would be (ignoring the 5 year break).

Also, in other Pokémon news, I now take back my cheeky comment as all participants in the Battle of Hoenn competition get HA Tyrunt, not just Japan.

Last edited:

Soul.

They probably throw darts randomly at a wall to pick characters and have "experts" talk about then like in Deadliest Warrior. After that, they compile data and have people roleplay a fight. :p
>ROLEPLAY
I stopped reading after that word. :facepalm:
No seriously roleplaying is not fun. What do you gain by doing that. :troll:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Is the first Animal Crossing as addicting as I've heard?

Never played a game in that series. I like that it's a console title.
Considering that my sister, who did not care for gaming, now wants every chance she gets on my 3ds, I would say so.

D

Deleted member

A huge part of me thinks Gen 6 will end next year just like B/W (which, to me, is the shortest Pokémon generation. It was a thing for 3 years). Meh.
Majora's Mask 3D doesn't have a Master Quest or something after you beat the game. inb4 you go back to the last save with nothing else to do
Well, that's if they want to keep on releasing new Pokémon games annually. :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Last time I checked, :4samus:, :4fox:, Akuma, :4yoshi: and the Gundam Epyon, all of them japanese characters, won against western (and a british) characters in their respective battles.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You get to practice your acting skills by roleplaying. :p
Acting technically IS roleplaying. Except it's an art form, you get payed for it, people all over the world watch actors to praise or mock, and it requires actual acting talent.

Last edited:

Soul.

You get to practice your acting skills by roleplaying. :p
So let me roleplay as Shulk then.
:4shulk:: The future is ours to decide! I'm really feeling it! This is the Monado's power! Back Slash! -uses Back Slash-
That is roleplaying in a nutshell. Was it funny?
Well, that's if they want to keep on releasing new Pokémon games annually. :troll:
Gen 7 confirmed for 3DS. Sinnoh remakes confirmed for 3DS. RIP dreams of having them in the next Nintendo handheld.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
True, the guy is butthurt central right now. That being said though, Toph has literally 0 chance of surviving the fight, Gaara can counter pretty much everything she throws at him, and can make lots of his perks useless. Unless they stage the fight againts him and make Toph drop a bunch of water out of nowhere on him.

I mean I didnt really take Death Battles seriously, but if they actually bulls**t Toph into vicotry Im going to roll on the floor.
I don't really take Death Battle serious either, but they do have many of their fights barring some (*cough* *cough* Dig Dug vs. Bomberman *cough*) backed up with some accurate knowledge of the character. Sol Badguy would have oneshot Ragna to begin with since this is a guy known for holding back 20% of his strength in his fights (A dignified country buster in the Guilty Gear universe). Deadpool would never lose against someone like Deathstroke due to his immortality (Barring the unnecessary One Minute Melee featuring them recently) and his unpredictable nature.

Now Kirby vs. Buu was a tough on since this is a video game character with some inconsistent strength (Being killed by Waddle Dees if careless to devouring lasers from a massive Sectonia hybrid) since the beginning. Combining his ridiculous Toon Physics from the anime (Sending Popon to the Sun with just a frying pan and throwing a whip happy clown all the way to a black hole) with his already broken video game counterpart made things bad for Buu (Even do the more bloodthirsty and less intelligent Kid Buu). While Kirby may be one of the strongest Nintendo characters, he doesn't even come close to guys like Shulk or Hades who are essentially gods. :lick:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So let me roleplay as Shulk then.
:4shulk:: The future is ours to decide! I'm really feeling it! This is the Monado's power! Back Slash! -uses Back Slash-
That is roleplaying in a nutshell. Was it funny?
No, but that's because you're a bad roleplayer.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Acting technically IS roleplaying. Except it's an art form, you get payed for it, people all over the world watch actors to praise or mock, and it requires actual acting talent.
Hey, there are some damn good Link roleplayers out there. They're good at screaming and being unintelligible all the time. Meanwhile, with our resident Rocket Raccoon... :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

I mean he's hella salty, but Gaara should win that matchup.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum pls. I do my best you know. :(
ok I'll admit, roleplaying is not my thing. Even though I waste my time making fun of that. xD
The way I see it, with something that's as easily accessible as RPing, it's a lot like digging.

Sure, most of it's a bunch of worthless filth, but it's the full, undisturbed mastodon skeleton you find that makes the whole thing worthwhile. :p

Though that can also be said for a lot of things. :laugh:

Soul.

The way I see it, with something that's as easily accessible as RPing, it's a lot like digging.

Sure, most of it's a bunch of worthless filth, but it's the full, undisturbed mastodon skeleton you find that makes the whole thing worthwhile. :p

Though that can also be said for a lot of things. :laugh:
Roleplaying is accessible I agree, I have done that sometime back in 2011. With Toon Link (using Wind Waker stuff, not Smash).
It's that time when you see someone using non-canon elements to their character that crosses the line.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Seeing the comments on that video makes me want Toph to win solely to see people's reactions.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if you want to roleplay, be a Substitute! We're the easiest ones by far!
Simply stand around and don't do anything. It's worked for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom