• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, Yuri Lowenthal (asked if he voices Marth in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.), Laura Bailey, and David Vincent (asked if they voice Lucina and Robin respectively, just to be sure though I'm almost certain they do) haven't responded to my tweets yet. I'll give it some more time I guess, I just hope they're not ignoring me (perhaps someone else should tweet them the same question).

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith I thought this might give you a laugh. I asked Spike Spencer the Marth question, and his response: https://twitter.com/spikespencer/status/555628124638294016 So I guess we could scratch him off the list.

Are there any other VAs I could try? I mean, maybe JYB, and a few others, though I don't think they sound like Marth (or maybe I'm just bad at hearing things). if someone knows Marth's VA officially, pls tell me, I'm really curious haha

R0Y

Smash Master
So, Yuri Lowenthal (asked if he voices Marth in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.), Laura Bailey, and David Vincent (asked if they voice Lucina and Robin respectively, just to be sure though I'm almost certain they do) haven't responded to my tweets yet. I'll give it some more time I guess, I just hope they're not ignoring me (perhaps someone else should tweet them the same question).

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith I thought this might give you a laugh. I asked Spike Spencer the Marth question, and his response: https://twitter.com/spikespencer/status/555628124638294016 So I guess we could scratch him off the list.

Are there any other VAs I could try? I mean, maybe JYB, and a few others, though I don't think they sound like Marth (or maybe I'm just bad at hearing things). if someone knows Marth's VA officially, pls tell me, I'm really curious haha
Yuri Lowenthal eh? Good voice actor.

Ironically, Yuri Lowell in the next Tales game was voiced by...Troy Baker. :troll: Really set off his career with an amazing performance.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I don't know, if there's one thing I know about them voice actors, it's that they're very deceiving. I for one blame Hollywood. It's never been the same after the robots took over.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I must be the only person on the earth that not hype for the new fire emblem game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I must be the only person on the earth that not hype for the new fire emblem game.
On the contrary.

I'm trying to limit myself since I've been in college recently, and I'm trying not to buy very many games besides Majoras Mask 3D, and I'm hoping I get a New 3DS XL for my birthday, so there's the matter of saving money.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Well, everyone thinks the principe of Lucario is not that great anyway. Seriously, he needs to be at high percents to profit of the rage and aura effect. His SideB is scary. His recovery is not that balanced since he goes further the higher his damages are. And since Smash 4 gives a lot of problems to actually do a K.O, you know why people are yelling on him.

If :4diddy: is nerf, :4lucario: is going to take his place with maybe :4fox: and :4zss:, or even :4sonic:. There's a lot of competitors who wants to take the place of this Kong.

View attachment 35830
Yeah I know why people get super salty, because they think its a healthy choice to walk into back airs and smash attacks when standing near a ledge and expecting to survive.

Has a powerful recovery but one that has absolute zero priority and can get intercepted by literally anything that is not Fox's blaster and has one or barely maybe 2 options for stage recovery.

Kill moves are slow, predictable and easily spot dodged for a quick and easy punish and unlike basically the entire cast, going aggressive of any degree is suicide 80% of the time due to reliable kill moves being slow and having terrible range on anything thats not called aura sphere or force palm.

Has a counter that is arguably the worst counter outside of being an approaching tool.

And to top it off any bit of pressure and lucario totally crumbles and can easily go from 0% to death.

Getting anything done as lucario requires outplaying the opponent and making good reads but when such things happen people start pulling john after john out of their rear instead of accepting that got outplayed and properly countered.

Being a lucario main in a nutshell: Bust your ass and work real hard to pull out a win and when you do well you get called garbage not worth respecting.

D

Deleted member

Second quote, I know.
I am not hyped for it. I'm not big on RPGs to begin with. I'd rather buy other games instead. :troll:
I did play the Awakening demo and found it simpler to play compared to Pokémon, but I wasn't interested still.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Y

Being a lucario main in a nutshell: Bust your *** and work real hard to pull out a win and when you do well you get called garbage not worth respecting.
I know that feel as a :4link: main
Though after reading that text wall, seems I shouldn't play Kirby against you, due to his kill moves being extremely choreographed.
Plus I have trouble killing with Kirby unless I get a read, High Aura Lucario + Uber light Kirby = bad idea

Soul.

Sports Bikes are still monsters in MK8 though, but not as much so.
The Sport Bike in MK8 reminds me a lot of the Mach Bike in MKWii. Karts are usually the better choice on these clan matches but people use bikes because of preference. Fire hopping, man. That alone makes karts better in MK8.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So as a treat, here's the opening prologue paragraph-or-three from the story. :D Most of this prologue was actually self-written (basically all of the submissions appear later for story purposes), but there are a couple of small foreshadow-y bits. Enjoy the preview!

-No one’s sure why we were brought here. But we’re all sure that we’re going to leave, or die trying.-

This world was unlike those of the familiar kind. No, this wasn’t a world at all, but an amalgamation. A dystopian soup of different realities coming together to cohabit, and forming their own illegitimate, destructive spawn in their wake. One that could only destroy. One that was missing its right hand, as the old metaphor states.

The world as it was known to us for who-knows-how-long lay in waste. The global economy came crashing down after it was overloaded by that man and his machine. A week after the…first event…all electronics on the earth were wiped, losing all money that was stored electronically across the world. People were ruined. Nations were ruined. The world was ruined. The event had other effects as well. The true countries were no longer. Instead, new nations rose in their place. Some of these were thought to be entirely fictional. Whatever that…thing…was, it was a Warper. And humanity was left to pick up the pieces. And that, my friends, is where our story begins…at a birthday party.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Well, everyone thinks the principe of Lucario is not that great anyway. Seriously, he needs to be at high percents to profit of the rage and aura effect. His SideB is scary. His recovery is not that balanced since he goes further the higher his damages are. And since Smash 4 gives a lot of problems to actually do a K.O, you know why people are yelling on him.

If :4diddy: is nerf, :4lucario: is going to take his place with maybe :4fox: and :4zss:, or even :4sonic:. There's a lot of competitors who wants to take the place of this Kong.

View attachment 35830
I prefer PM Lucario myself. Having a super meter and being rewarded for aggressive play and not high percents is where it's at.
It's like playing Mahvel with him. :p

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I know that feel as a :4link: main
Though after reading that text wall, seems I shouldn't play Kirby against you, due to his kill moves being extremely choreographed.
Plus I have trouble killing with Kirby unless I get a read, High Aura Lucario + Uber light Kirby = bad idea
Well Kirby is great at recovering as long as hes not hit by high aura lucario, Gannondork,Ike or Dedede!

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So wait, why is Nintendo not including chargers with the New 3DS?
Clearly its charged by a child's laughter.

So if you lost touch with your inner child you are pretty screwed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Probably because most buyers already have the normal 3DS, so they can save some money on not making additional chargers.

I admit it has it's advantages. Why the hell would I want another charger when I already have one?

But of course it alienates people who don't have the original 3DS.

You can easily find chargers, though, so I don't think it's that much of a problem.

And with this, I'm off once again.

Last edited:

Soul.

Because they think everyone has a charger by now. It makes sense when you think about it, although I respect everyone's opinions regarding the New 3DS.
'd again.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They could have at least used a universal port like a mini- or micro-USB port instead of what the 3DS has, but they would have had to have done this in the beginning when the original 3DS came out.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Probably because most buyers already have the normal 3DS, so they can save some money on not making additional chargers.

I admit it has it's advantages. Why the hell would I want another charger when I already have one?

But of course it alienates people who don't have the original 3DS.

You can easily find chargers, though, so I don't think it's that much of a problem.

And with this, I'm off once again.
The logic behind it is amazing though /sarcasm
Regardless of how easy chargers are to find/purchase they should include chargers with the DS.
This is a matter of principle not money, and Nintendo should nip this in the bud
I mean, the chargers don't cost much to manufacture

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The thing that scares me the most is what the new 3ds pricing will be i was hoping that when the direct happening we see original aswell but nintendo of america was all like naaaw just xl all we need is xl and made go ....wait what? cause xl is more expensive than the original

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I'm forgetting math like crazy through this class

The thing we're doing now isn't that difficult, but without the book and with the teacher's teaching style

I had to be showed what to do personally to remember

D

Deleted member

They could have at least used a universal port like a mini- or micro-USB port instead of what the 3DS has, but they would have had to have done this in the beginning when the original 3DS came out.
There's a third party accessory that lets you charge the 3DS with an USB port like mobile devices and Vita (second model). They should do that though.

R0Y

Smash Master
I know a lot of Nintendo fans who complain about annual franchises, but Pokemon is exactly that and Mario Party was approaching that during the N64/GameCube/beginning of the Wii era. 8 numbered titles from 1999 until 2007 plus Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom