• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Is it wrong to be totally hyped for the Toy Story 20th anniversary toy line despite the 90% chance of the toys being the same Woody, Buzz, and Jessie figures?

Soul.

Don't you hate it when a random stranger who looks like a tryhard with a red jacket adds your Skype username as a contact not knowing the contact themselves. That is so annoying.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's a nifty question.

Here's a scenario. In the ultimate showing of how World Peace can be accomplished, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft collaborated on one game: a crossover 2D fighting game between not only their characters, but any company willing to join in. Here's the thing, though...there's a limit. The game can only hold 85 characters. As such, the companies want to make the roster representative of video games as a whole, meaning that if a series gets a character, the series had better be notable in some major way (pioneer of a genre, long list of titles, awards and accolades, etc).

My question is...which video game characters would make the cut, given these qualifications? As well, overdoing one of the three major companies may happen, but it should be mostly avoided (though admittedly Sony and Nintendo have more IPs to work with than Microsoft does :p ). Discuss.
Disney would use its weight to bowl over the competition and force their library of characters into the roster. Then use their weight to force in Marvel and Star Wars characters. Then they would buy out Nintendo and the gaming branches of Sony and Microsoft in which they would get full rights to all of the characters. Therefore, it would then be named "Disney All Stars Heroes Brawl". 85% Disney, 5% Nintendo, 5% Sony, and 5% Microsoft.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Disney would use its weight to bowl over the competition and force their library of characters into the roster. Then use their weight to force Marvel and Star Wars character. Then they would buy out Nintendo and the gaming branches of Sony and Microsoft in which they would get full rights to all of the characters. Therefore, it would then be named "Disney All Stars Heroes Brawl". 85% Disney, 5% Nintendo, 5% Sony, and 5% Microsoft.
WOOHOO! I'M REPRESENTING MARVEL! FINALLY GET TO GET BACK AT HULK!

D

Deleted member

Here's a nifty question.

Here's a scenario. In the ultimate showing of how World Peace can be accomplished, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft collaborated on one game: a crossover 2D fighting game between not only their characters, but any company willing to join in. Here's the thing, though...there's a limit. The game can only hold 85 characters. As such, the companies want to make the roster representative of video games as a whole, meaning that if a series gets a character, the series had better be notable in some major way (pioneer of a genre, long list of titles, awards and accolades, etc).

My question is...which video game characters would make the cut, given these qualifications? As well, overdoing one of the three major companies may happen, but it should be mostly avoided (though admittedly Sony and Nintendo have more IPs to work with than Microsoft does :p ). Discuss.

Just thought it'd be fun. :grin: Came from a conversation a friend of mine was having with me.
What if all 3 collaborated to make one console? Oh wait, that's a monopoly. :troll:
I like the idea actually.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Here's a nifty question.

Just thought it'd be fun. :grin: Came from a conversation a friend of mine was having with me.
My biasd roster:
  • Every character that has appeared in SSB (except :younglinkmelee:, :lucas:, :roypm:, and :pichumelee: become alts.)
  • Crash, Dr. Neo Cortex, Spyro, Sly, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sackboy
  • Banjo, Master Chief, and Conker
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Woody
  • Buzz
  • Spider-Man
  • Wolverine
  • Captain America
I might have went a little over.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I should probably have mentioned the "characters must be video game originals" clause. :laugh:

My biasd roster:
  • Every character that has appeared in SSB (except :younglinkmelee:, :lucas:, :roypm:, and :pichumelee: become alts.)
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Woody
  • Buzz
  • Spider-Man
  • Wolverine
  • Captain America
I see where you were going with Sony, but...no Kratos? He's basically who I think of with more modern-era important Sony characters. :p

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
My biasd roster:
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Woody
  • Buzz
  • Spider-Man
  • Wolverine
  • Captain America
There's also Sora, Magneto, Deadpool, Cloud Strife, Pink Gold Peach... my god don't forget Pink Gold Peach!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here's a nifty question.

Well, let's start with the first 4 obvious choices, those being Mario, Pikachu, Link, and Kirby. Or as I like to call them: The Smash 4
If we're doing VGs as a whole, then we'd need to cover the bases, All/most genres, regionally, also at least ONE obscure character, to acknowledge all of the small time games, and some other things.
Puzzle games:
FPS:
RPG:
Real time strategy games:
Life Simulation:
Traditional Fighters.
Space Shooters:
Arcade:
Indie Games:
Etc.
There would have to be an FPS character in there (Among others), but because I don't play FPS games, I can only think of Master Chief or Someone from TF2.
We'd definitely need Sonic, Banjo&Kazooie, and PacMan in there.
And I'm putting in Luigi because he had an entire year devoted to him.
It would need a character from a popular indie game, so I can think also that maybe Quote should be put in, maybe Meat Boy, I dunno.
As well as Chell from portal. It's pretty popular.
An obscure character... That would be hard...
For now I'll just leave it. PONG.
These are just my two cents.
Honestly I'd love to go deeper with this, but I'm not really that well versed in anything from games on the Xbox/Ps1234, aside from the popular games.
I'm not really good at these kinds of things...

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Pink Gold Peach.
Gotta have her.
That was/is a MONUMENTAL moment in video game history.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just discovered what might possibly be the holy grail of alcoholic concoctions for me.

1 part Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
1 part Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
1 part Johnnie Walker Scotch Whiskey
1 part Jameson Irish Whiskey

The Four Horsemen

Contains my four main alcoholic drink groups. I can't believe it took me this long to discover this one....yet it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here's a nifty question.

I dont believe in world peace but here's my try :p

All the Smash Roster
-Simon and Richter Belmont
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Dr. Willy
-Robotnik
-Crash
-Bubsy :troll:
-Iron Man
-Thor
-Spidey
-Wolverine
-Magneto
-Onslaught
-Viewtiful Joe

-Some charcters of KOF and Street Fighter (to have the Guile Theme :awesome:)

...emm, a bunch of Disney characters including....uhh, Woody, Buzz and Hercules

...and Elsa as DLC :troll:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just discovered what might possibly be the holy grail of alcoholic concoctions for me.

The Four Horsemen of death.

Contains my four main alcoholic drink groups. I can't believe it took me this long to discover this one....yet it makes perfect sense.
Fixed it for ya

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah, sure, because when your friend (Or at least, someone you think is you're friend) gets kidnapped, you totally shouldn't worry about them. After all, the kidnapper just wants to have a tea party with them.
I'm sure they'll be fiiiiiiiiiine when they get back.
Also, I'd just like to point out that not only was Dedede kidnapped, but Dreamland was sort of... oh, I dunno, COVERED IN MASSIVE VINES.
Doesn't sound very innocent to me.

Also, I'd just like to point out that the dog in Smash doesn't really seem violent at all. He seems more relaxed, laid back, just hanging around. Y'know?
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 is @TJ-Works confirmed.
You're right, that came out wrong since Dedede has a much better relationship with Kirby these days unlike their rivalry in the past. The king went from stealing food to keeping the Star Rod out of the fountain for good reasons to challenging Kirby to Gourmet Races to to helping Kirby do a favor for Magolor. Dedede doesn't really act like a **** anymore unlike his older self or the anime adaption, becoming more like modern day Bowser or Wario with their anti-heroic acts. I feel like the only true villains Nintendo have left these days are the ones who are truly malicious or evil like Ganondorf and Hades.

Relaxed and laid back like the average Looney Tunes character, seems accurate enough unlike the far fetched violent theory. Along with most of his ****ery being toned done from his classic counterpart, though that's more along the lines of the angry Duck Hunt gamers' reactions. After all, Smash is all about being fun unless you are the average competitive player.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fixed it for ya
Actually, any of these may apply for that one:
  • Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Adds one part of Bacardi 151
  • Four Horsemen and Hell Follows - Adds one part of Everclear
  • Four Horsemen Go Hunting - Adds one part of Wild Turkey
  • Four Men in a Boat - Adds one part of Grand Marnier
  • Four Horsemen Go to Sea - Adds one part of Captain Morgan
  • Four Horsemen Go To Hell - Do one of each liquor in short form (5 total). One shot Jack Daniels, one shot Jim Beam, one shot Johnnie Walker, one shot Jose Cuervo and the last shot is Bacardi 151 that you may or may not light up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_(drink)

I have mixed bourbon and scotch before for ****s and giggles but never considered the other two. Sad thing is that all four of these drinks, unless distributed by Suntory or Kirin, will cost you upwards to $50 a bottle :/ Jameson usually sales for $45.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You're right, that came out wrong since Dedede has a much better relationship with Kirby these days unlike their rivalry in the past. The king went from stealing food to keeping the Star Rod out of the fountain for good reasons to challenging Kirby to Gourmet Races to to helping Kirby do a favor for Magolor. Dedede doesn't really act like a **** anymore unlike his older self or the anime adaption, becoming more like modern day Bowser or Wario with their anti-heroic acts. I feel like the only true villains Nintendo have left these days are the ones who are truly malicious or evil like Ganondorf and Hades.

Relaxed and laid back like the average Looney Tunes character, seems accurate enough unlike the far fetched violent theory. Along with most of his ****ery being toned done from his classic counterpart, though that's more along the lines of the angry Duck Hunt gamers' reactions. After all, Smash is all about being fun unless you are the average competitive player.
Okay, that makes more sense, and I can agree with that.
Hi guys. I appear in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
That's nice.
Anyway...

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I should probably have mentioned the "characters must be video game originals" clause. :laugh:

I see where you were going with Sony, but...no Kratos? He's basically who I think of with more modern-era important Sony characters. :p
Sora is a must
Every major franchise having one or two reps should fill the roster fast
I would honestly type out a list but I don't feel like it :teeth:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

The Four Horsemen

I'm guessing you like rum

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm only interested in the Smash amiibos. The Mario Series look bland to me.
I disagree. To me the mario and peach amiibo look miles better then the smash version to me. (Granted I really dislike the peach CSS artwork). Mario all happy is also better then super serious smash mario to me.

Of course, none of this matter since I'm not getting any Mario or peach amiibos but eh.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was being sarcastic :3
>:3

I like alcohol in general. When I first started drinking, I couldn't stand hard alcohol and drank mostly beer. Then I found out the sweet taste of cocktails such as Rum and Coke and Long Island Iced Teas. I drank those mostly for a while but, after a while, I interest in drinking alcohol as a way to expand my palette and just drank to get drunk/chug beer. That was the low point but what saved me was when I started to drink whiskey. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me until now that is mostly what I drink. I never liked drinking in strong quantities but, by sipping whiskey, I feel I can appreciate the drink a lot more as well as do some good thinking. I also really love Gin and Tequila as well. Mojitos are also delicious.

For those who can drink (legal age), what is your drink of choice? For those not of legal age, I can't support underage drinking but it's never too early to do some research in what sort of drinks you may like. Brewing is a pretty fascinating art, actually. Sadly, alcohol often has a bad reputation for violence, death, hangovers, and alcoholism and for good reason because people are idiots and don't fully appreciate what alcohol actually is.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

I like alcohol in general. When I first started drinking, I couldn't stand hard alcohol and drank mostly beer. Then I found out the sweet taste of cocktails such as Rum and Coke and Long Island Iced Teas. I drank those mostly for a while but lost interest. At that moment, I started losing interest in drinking alcohol as a way to expand my palette and just drank to get drunk/chug beer. That was the low point but what saved me was when I started to drink whiskey. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me until now that is mostly what I drink. I never liked drinking in strong quantities and, by sipping whiskey, I feel I can appreciate the drink a lot more as well as do some good thinking. I also really love Gin and Tequila as well. Mojitos are also delicious.

For those who can drink (legal age), what is your drink of choice? For those not of legal age, I can't support underage drinking but it's never too early to do some research in what sort of drinks you may like. Brewing is a pretty fascinating art, actually.
I'm a personal fan of rum. Sailor Jerry, Kraken, Capt. Morgan, Bacardi, they're all good to me. I also delve into vodka, mainly Skyy or New Amsterdam. Beer wise I enjoy Samuel Adams (Cherry Wheat and Blackberry), Hobgoblin, Dos Equis, and Strongbow if that counts.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Alcoholic drinks tastes like carbonated juice. I don't know why, but it does to me. I remember having wine and stuff over at my great-uncle's once in Florida. There was nothing to make me want to drink it more than soda, juice, coffee, or water.

Is it just a peer pressure thing? I drink coffee for its taste and when I want to, otherwise, I'll slug it out if I ended up only getting 4 hours of sleep 'cause I was stupid, lazy, and procrastinating. Tea's, well, tea, water's essential, soda and juice whenever I want to, and that's that. I'm not of age yet, but if I want, then I'll drink it, but I don't see myself drinking a ton for no reason. I don't get why people need to drink or eat certain things.

Same with drugs, but I never tried tobacco, marijuana, meth, crack, ecstasy, or bath salts. I don't like being near smokers or smoking in general because I had asthma as a kid, so, I don't want to mess up my lungs knowing what it feels like to feel you can't breathe. I was hospitalized for asthma when it seemed like a cold. Hey, if you smoke, do weed, drink, whatever, it's your life not mine.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm a personal fan of rum. Sailor Jerry, Kraken, Capt. Morgan, Bacardi, they're all good to me. I also delve into vodka, mainly Skyy or New Amsterdam. Beer wise I enjoy Samuel Adams (Cherry Wheat and Blackberry), Hobgoblin, Dos Equis, and Strongbow if that counts.
Those are all great brands. I am a personal fans of Captain Morgan myself. I dislike vodka though but Skyy is a pretty good brand, I admit. I just could never get into vodka. The vodka I ever owned was used to get rid of brown algae in my fish tank lol.

Alcoholic drinks tastes like carbonated juice. I don't know why, but it does to me. I remember having wine and stuff over at my great-uncle's once in Florida. There was nothing to make me want to drink it more than soda, juice, coffee, or water.

Is it just a peer pressure thing? I drink coffee for its taste and when I want to, otherwise, I'll slug it out if I ended up only getting 4 hours of sleep 'cause I was stupid, lazy, and procrastinating. Tea's, well, tea, water's essential, soda and juice whenever I want to, and that's that. I'm not of age yet, but if I want, then I'll drink it, but I don't see myself drinking a ton for no reason. I don't get why people need to drink or eat certain things.

Same with drugs, but I never tried tobacco, marijuana, meth, crack, ecstasy, or bath salts. I don't like being near smokers or smoking in general because I had asthma as a kid, so, I don't want to mess up my lungs knowing what it feels like to feel you can't breath. I was hospitalized for asthma when it seemed like a cold. Hey, if you smoke, do weed, drink, whatever, it's your life not mine.
First off, let's stray away from drug discussion as it's not permitted on the site and that does include Marijuana currently. However, I believe some topics are allowed in the Debate Hall. Alcohol, unless its to endorse underage drinking, is fair game.

You must of had some really sweet wine then. There is wine that tastes just like fruit juice (communion wine). There are also alcohol drinks that are mixed with carbonated beverages such as Rum and Coke. However, alcohol as a wide range of tastes. Beer has a bitter mild flavor but, of course, that depends on what sort of beer you drink. Guinness is a dark beer and has a much more heavier taste where as something like Budweiser is light in taste.

Spirits such as Gin and Whiskey must go through distillation. However, each spirit has it's own unique taste. Whiskey and tequila feels like fire burning down your throat. Gin tastes like what I expect evergreen forest to taste like due to the juniper berries it uses. Vodka has a very ethanol-taste to me. Each one is different and often classified as hard liquors.

And then there are liqueurs which might be what you described. They are often sweet and syrup-like but have alcohol in them. Examples include Midori (watermelon alcohol), Bailey's cream, Amaretto (a nut flavored liqueurs), and Kahlua (a coffee liqueur). They are often used to mix drinks.

Sadly, I do feel a part of the drinking culture in many countries is peer pressure. I personally never felt it but I definitely saw it. People should drink alcohol only if they are ok with it and ready to start drinking it. It really sickens me to see that happen. Case in point, a buddy of mine from California here in Japan never drank as it made him very irritable and violent. However, when he had to attend work related parties, they would try to force him to drink and say he wasn't a man for not drinking. To me, that is complete and utter bull****. I believe that one should enjoy the experience of drinking alcohol instead of feeling forced or pressured to. Sadly, this is prevalent across the world and, in particular, the States.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The only thing I ever drink is water. And a whole ton of Sprite or Root Beer if I'm at a restaurant with unlimited refills, other-wise I'm on a water-only diet. (With the exception of chocolate milk at school and Gatoraid whenever we have some)

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

Same with drugs, but I never tried tobacco, marijuana, meth, crack, ecstasy, or bath salts. I don't like being near smokers or smoking in general because I had asthma as a kid, so, I don't want to mess up my lungs knowing what it feels like to feel you can't breathe. I was hospitalized for asthma when it seemed like a cold. Hey, if you smoke, do weed, drink, whatever, it's your life not mine.
Wine's an acquire taste. I personally don't enjoy it.

The reason I drink sometimes is that I enjoy the tipsy feeling. It helps with calming my mind and body down after a long day. Alcohol does wonders to fatigue for me. I also have to drink sparingly, sonce addiction runs in my family, but when I do, as long as I don't go overboard, it's a relaxing activity.

NEVER pick up smoking. As a former smoker, I can say it was the worst thing I've ever picked up. The feeling of nicotine in your system is a nice rush, but after a while you just feel like ****. It's basically throwing money away to trade for your health.

It's just my insight. You can take it with a grain of salt.

Those are all great brands. I am a personal fans of Captain Morgan myself. I dislike vodka though but Skyy is a pretty good brand, I admit. I just could never get into vodka. The vodka I ever owned was used to get rid of brown algae in my fish tank lol.
Hehe, gross. XD

New Amsterdam is a wonderful vodka though. The flavored ones are where it's at. Had some for my birthday last year and fell in love with it.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I like alcohol in general. When I first started drinking, I couldn't stand hard alcohol and drank mostly beer. Then I found out the sweet taste of cocktails such as Rum and Coke and Long Island Iced Teas. I drank those mostly for a while but, after a while, I interest in drinking alcohol as a way to expand my palette and just drank to get drunk/chug beer. That was the low point but what saved me was when I started to drink whiskey. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me until now that is mostly what I drink. I never liked drinking in strong quantities but, by sipping whiskey, I feel I can appreciate the drink a lot more as well as do some good thinking. I also really love Gin and Tequila as well. Mojitos are also delicious.

For those who can drink (legal age), what is your drink of choice? For those not of legal age, I can't support underage drinking but it's never too early to do some research in what sort of drinks you may like. Brewing is a pretty fascinating art, actually. Sadly, alcohol often has a bad reputation for violence, death, hangovers, and alcoholism and for good reason because people are idiots and don't fully appreciate what alcohol actually is.
Hm. Drinking huh?
Well, I'm only 15 (Bordering on 16 though), so I can't say much about it.
I have had like a single sip of wine in the past (They let me try it cuz' I was curious, it was less than a spoonful), and if I'm correct it was apparently cheap wine, so it tasted bitter and I hated it.
Aside from that, I have read up on brewing, and it does interest me.
And also, I can't stand the smell of alcohol. Beer, Wine, Whisky, etc. it's all disgusting. (To smell)

All I really have to say is that if Rum tastes anything like Rum flavored ice cream (Which I doubt) then I can see myself liking Rum. Otherwise I'd say NOPE, not happening, but hey, what do I know, tastes do change over the years.

And even if I end up liking it, I do worry about addiction.

And Honestly, the thing I'm worried most about when it comes to drinking isn't really alcohol or anything, it's breaking my addiction to Root Beer.
I just love it so much.
It's so good.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's fun bringing in a can of Root Beer to my students and trying to convince them it actually isn't beer lol. They think it tastes like medicine and hates it. My wife is the same as well. She has acquired a taste for it but initially hated it,

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It's fun bringing in a can of Root Beer to my students and trying to convince them it actually isn't beer lol. They think it tastes like medicine and hates it. My wife is the same as well. She has acquired a taste for it but initially hated it,
:grrr:
There is...
There is a great evil in this world...
No.
I have made it my duty.
I shall teach the ways of the Roots to the WORLD!!
I shall remedy the error in this UNIVERSE!
I shall set off on my journey soon.
Wish me luck.
*salutes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom