• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Insomniac making an XBone exclusive game brings back the bad feelings about Rare.

Imagine M$ buying the rights to Ratchet and Clank.

Oh god.
Imagine Ratchet and Clank but not funny in the slightest.

So if Brawl makes it to Wii U's Eshop does that mean that we can play Project M directly from our Wii U's?

Soul.

Da heck is Sunset Overdrive?

(seriously this is the first time I've ever heard of it)
A game made for the Xbox One for the purpose of being exclusive to the Xbox One because Sunset Overdrive is for Xbox One and it has ZOMG levels of graphics on Xbox One.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Man that direct was hype. I need to get that Fire Emblem game and Robin amiibo quickly.

In other words... I finally beat 9.0 on Classic! Thanks :4duckhunt:!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Reading the many Tumblr definitions regarding gender and sexuality makes my Biology notes look like child's play.
._.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Reading the many Tumblr definitions regarding gender and sexuality makes my Biology notes look like child's play.
._.
get the hell of tumblr, do you have a death wish?

Also When people on tumblr say they are asexual I always think of them as budding things

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I were a Simpsons character, I would be Moe Syzlak.
Mr. Burns for Master Race, the richest man in Springfield and the one who has a legion of bloodthirsty hounds. I'm actually one of the few fans who liked his older voice since it made him so intimidating unlike the new one (Given he's practically over 100 years old now for some reason).

D

Deleted member

Imagine Ratchet and Clank but not funny in the slightest.

So if Brawl makes it to Wii U's Eshop does that mean that we can play Project M directly from our Wii U's?
I don't think that's possible. There's no way you can put it up as Brawl would be a digital game and you don't go to the Wii Menu while starting it. For Project M I think you'd have to use the real Brawl disc and the PM data on the SD card to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ok, so the nintendo direct. Oh boy.

It started off as being great. Splatoon info, Hyrule warriors info, Fire Emblem etc. But when they started talking about the New 3ds everything went down hill. :/

...Errr...So gameplay wise how is this not another shooter? I mean, it's good to hear they made such an accomplishment but, why should I buy it instead of the other shooters out there on the consoles?

I disagree. They all figures at the end of the day. If people want the happy mario one as oppose to the weirdly serious one then they can now choose. Your comment is almost like saying there can't exist two different types of mario plushies. When there are hundreds of them probably by now.

My issue with the Rosalina thread is they like to dip into almost fetish territory sometimes. I get worried. >.>
Still go there though.

Also, I've just recently learned you can play as Rosalina in Mario party 10, I might consider getting it as a birthday gift now.
Riiiiiiiiiiight because the logic is the same for plushies and amiibos.
My point is not about the figures
It's about compatibility, Wario and Mario amiibos are compatible with every game relevant, however for MP10 I have to buy another Mario amiibo but the Wario amiibo is still compatible. That doesn't sit well with me. But you're right they have the right to make different types of amiibos, so why not make one for every game then! One mario for smash, one for Mario Kart, one for Mario Party! And let's not make them cross compatible, like plushies!
If I have a Mario amiibo and Mario Party 10 it would suck to have to buy another Mario amiibo to get the bonus I want.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Riiiiiiiiiiight because the logic is the same for plushies and amiibos.
My point is not about the figures
It's about compatibility, Wario and Mario amiibos are compatible with every game relevant, however for MP10 I have to buy another Mario amiibo but the Wario amiibo is compatible. That doesn't sit well with me. But you're right they have the right to make different types of amiibos, so why not make one for every game then! One mario for smash, one for Mario Kart, one for Mario Party! And let's not make them cross compatible, like plushies!
...huh? What are you going on about? The smash amiibo works on Mario party 10, and the mario edition mario amiibo works on smash.

edit: I think? I only checked the mario edition one.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
...huh? What are you going on about? The smash amiibo works on Mario party 10, and the mario edition mario amiibo works on smash.

edit: I think? I only checked the mario edition one.
Last I checked they weren't cross compatible. But if they are, my point is null and there are no qualms, as that is what I was complaining about

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Last I checked they weren't cross compatible. But if they are, my point is null and there are no qualms, as that is what I was complaining about
The amiibo website isn't working, but yeah, I know for sure the mario edition one works on all games the smash one worked on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im pretty sure the MP10 Amiibos are only for MP10
even though I dont plan on getting MP10, I might end up buying those Amiibos because they look so cool to me

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So basically if I were to make a game I would just guide the designers and I am the director even though I had no input aside from creating the main stuff? That would work if Sakurai quits in some form.

Well, that pretty much describes every single realistic game made since 2005. :smirk:
Well, you as the director would be the guy with the ideas, making sure everything is going as planned, you probably will need to create a blueprint, select which ideas will work and discard others, and if you go beyond then you program, create audio, scriptwrite, do PR, present, budget, and more. Basically, you're the leader if if you screw up, then you're going to have to own up to everything.

Kojima might not be a good programmer, but he's a good presenter, manager, and probably a good cutscene and atmosphere guy. Sakurai is more of a programmer and a QA, but he doesn't have to do everything since he has a team.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The Mario series amiibo use the same chips as the Smash Bros series Mario characters. They just use different models. You can use the SSB Mario characters on MP10 or Mario series amiibos on Smash for Wii U. What you can't do is save data from both games at the same time. You have to delete Smash data from one amiibo if you want to use it on MP10 or vice versa.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The fact that this very episode of Sonic for Hire episode exists BEFORE Duck Hunt could fight Sonic in Smash makes me wonder if Machinima was psychic. There's literally no coincidence that they would make out the dog as violent yet his Smash portrayal is close enough to that.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

The fact that this very episode of Sonic for Hire episode exists BEFORE Duck Hunt could fight Sonic in Smash makes me wonder if Screwattack was psychic. There's literally no coincidence that they would make out the dog as violent yet his Smash portrayal is close enough to that.
Honestly, that sounds like it couldn't be anything BUT a coincidence.
Hell, it doesn't even sound like a coincidence, it sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory.
What I'm trying to saying here is that I don't understand at all where you're coming from.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, that sounds like it couldn't be anything BUT a coincidence.
Hell, it doesn't even sound like a coincidence, it sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory.
What I'm trying to saying here is that I don't understand at all where you're coming from.
Let's just say that no one really thought of the dog as a violent type or jokingly requested him for Smash after the video's release. Now more people are starting to watch this very episode just because of Smash (It's one of the few games that make obscure characters or games more popular after all).

Again, just a thought since more Kirby games are starting to make out Kirby as a sociopath willing to slaughter monsters for innocent things likes his cake being stolen or Dedede being kidnapped (Thus Sonic for Hire and There Will Be Brawl Kirby was born). With the Internet, any character can be edgy if you use your imagination and we all know what happened with Villager.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

The fact that this very episode of Sonic for Hire episode exists BEFORE Duck Hunt could fight Sonic in Smash makes me wonder if Machinima was psychic. There's literally no coincidence that they would make out the dog as violent yet his Smash portrayal is close enough to that.
Oh god I haven't watched Sonic for Hire in forever
I forgot it existed
Also for some reason your avi reminds me of @War Anvil's

D

Deleted member

New Hyrule Warriors DLC leaked?
Make it happen Nintendo/Tecmo Koei. Make it happen.

Sorry Captain Toad and Kirby's Rainbow Curse, but this reveal trailer literally blows both of your own out of the water in terms of cuteness and color. I would die to buy two copies (One for me and one for my sister).
...I don't get it.
Is the main character a doll or the one dressing up the doll?

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
._.
What's even more fascinating, is that different cultures can different genders... some up to 5! Always remember that gender is also a human constructed set of concepts and ideas. Things are never black and white, and the more we learn about ourselves, the better we could understand human behaviour and what the heck goes on in our brains and bodies. Some people don't give a **** about this, but anthropologists, psychologists, sexologists, etc., exist for a reason. Hey, it creates jobs at least! :p

*ahem* What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, I sometimes check Tumblr, but mostly to look for awesome gifs, or to check out some work from certain artists. My sister is a Tumblrholic though.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm only interested in the Smash amiibos. The Mario Series look bland to me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh god I haven't watched Sonic for Hire in forever
I forgot it existed
Also for some reason your avi reminds me of @War Anvil's
Now that you mention it, Zor does look like he wouldn't feel too out of place in Shantae's universe. As a matter of a fact, the entire Deadly Six would be welcome bosses in the Shantae games since I felt they never really translated well in the Sonic universe. Risky Boots does however seem like the perfect gal for a gloomy Zeti like him given their similar color schemes and have a nack for robot henchmen.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Let's just say that no one really thought of the dog as a violent type or jokingly requested him for Smash after the video's release. Now more people are starting to watch this very episode just because of Smash (It's one of the few games that make obscure characters or games more popular after all).

Again, just a thought since more Kirby games are starting to make out Kirby as a sociopath willing to slaughter monsters for innocent things likes his cake being stolen or Dedede being kidnapped (Thus Sonic for Hire and There Will Be Brawl Kirby was born). With the Internet, any character can be edgy if you use your imagination and we all know what happened with Villager.
Oh yeah, sure, because when your friend (Or at least, someone you think is you're friend) gets kidnapped, you totally shouldn't worry about them. After all, the kidnapper just wants to have a tea party with them.
I'm sure they'll be fiiiiiiiiiine when they get back.
Also, I'd just like to point out that not only was Dedede kidnapped, but Dreamland was sort of... oh, I dunno, COVERED IN MASSIVE VINES.
Doesn't sound very innocent to me.

Also, I'd just like to point out that the dog in Smash doesn't really seem violent at all. He seems more relaxed, laid back, just hanging around. Y'know?
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 is @TJ-Works confirmed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a nifty question.

Here's a scenario. In the ultimate showing of how World Peace can be accomplished, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft collaborated on one game: a crossover 2D fighting game between not only their characters, but any company willing to join in. Here's the thing, though...there's a limit. The game can only hold 85 characters. As such, the companies want to make the roster representative of video games as a whole, meaning that if a series gets a character, the series had better be notable in some major way (pioneer of a genre, long list of titles, awards and accolades, etc).

My question is...which video game characters would make the cut, given these qualifications? As well, overdoing one of the three major companies may happen, but it should be mostly avoided (though admittedly Sony and Nintendo have more IPs to work with than Microsoft does :p ). Discuss.

Just thought it'd be fun. :grin: Came from a conversation a friend of mine was having with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom