• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All I know is Americanizing things when they don't need to be really grinds my gears:

I would just hope that this means they're saving the real Japanese stuff for another movie, such as another fairy tale movie based in Medieval Japan/on Shinto Myths (the later I would think would make for a much more beautiful traditional animated movie IMO).

I think the next movie is another humanoid animal movie and after that something based on the culture of the South Pacific.
To be fair, Americanizing did give us such wonderful quotes as this:
And where would we be without this?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It sounds like you're getting started.
"Stay smart, don't start."
"Don't start what? Fires?"
And that was today's random quote.
Thanks for coming.
Still nowhere near as bad as "muh female representation" when it came down to newcomers. Especially when there's great examples like Dixie vs. King K. Rool or Chrom vs. Luc.... oh wait! :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yes, the next one is Zootopia and has that generic unlikely partners who start out hating each other plot. It got green lit because Lasseter loved the idea of animals living in a modern world designed by them.
Then after that is Moana, set in ancient Polynesia, following a teenage girl who sets off to find a fabled island.
Then after that is Giants, based on Jack and the Beanstalk.
Don't have night hopes for. That said, it's been a while since a Disney Humanoid movie.
Sounds like an interesting setting, but it sounds like it'll be pretty predictable in terms of the characters/plot. I wonder what "funny" animal sidekick the girl will get this time? EDIT: Teenage? IDK going to a fabled island sounds better for a Lilo styled character.
Surprising considering Fun & Fancy Free, still it's been a while and I'd like to see a traditional hero movie get the modern treatment like Tangled/Frozen.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I keep wondering why I bother with Voyager

and then I remember The Doctor

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Decided to give Zelda II another shot. I forgot how difficult that game was, especially since I'm playing it on my phone. I need a bluetooth controller. My hands keep derping on the phone controls.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG when you compare voyager to deep space nine (The creator's of the show were comparing Neelix to Odo and Quark in an article before the show aired) you realize how much worse the series actually is

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A rush? Why were you in a rush?
Was there somewhere you were going?
Were you not gonna make it?
Did you have to speed up?
Well, I had a date with destiny, so of course I had to rush. :p

Seriously though, it was close to dinner. Geez, did you read the post before that one? :p

I would be very surprised if that were the case. You would be like, "OMG! I fought Logic!".
My first thought was, "Hey, that's a familiar name. I wonder if it really is him. Let's see after the match." When the match started and I saw black dress Peach, I couldn't remember what Logic's main was or whatever other characters he used were. I lost hard and I saved a couple of replays and remembered "Logic's" Mii so I could compare it to Logic IRL face. Well, with how well this guy was playingplaying and his chill attitude, I felt like it was Logic.

"Logic" wasn't a tryhard, taunted after every stock including his own, and matches were fun even though I lost every one of them except for one where I used Palutena of all people. No rage quits, no cheap tactics, incredible reads, and lots of combos, mix-ups, and he made use of his character's entire arsenal. For one, I rarely see Ike's use Dtilt or even Ftilt, but he did. Most Ike's that aren't spammers go for a lot of Nairs, Bairs, Dairs, Jab combos, and grabs. He even used Down Smash which almost nobody uses on For Glory since it's always a charged Side Smash or Up Smash for FG Ike's.

Logic or not, I'm fine with losing to him like jimi, the Mega Man player or er... That one Fox player who I don't remember his tag, but I have a replay of him, and jordan who I went through 21 characters messing around and having fun despite losing most of the matches. It's losing to tryhards, cheap winners, and spammers that **** me off since I'm not going to learn much about a MU against a Ness who spams only PKT2 and lag made it impossible to counter. I had a match against a Kirby who spammed Stone yesterday and the lag plus input lag made it horrible. The match even timed out... Why was I connected to some dude from Chihuahua, Mexico?!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And thus the Gardevoir fanboys (Or shall I say Pokefurries/Pokelovers) unsurprisingly strike back. :troll:

Though who am I to judge since I'm a fan of monster girls and kemonomimi (They do have some pretty badass designs). But my GF on the other hand is into some ..... even worse things given her open attitude towards anything involving fetishes and sex.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Bold Cresselia 31/x/30-31/26-27/30-31/30-31, keep or reset? A guy on Smogon chat said to trash it because it can't OHKO Landoge (aka Landorus), but two others said to keep it. Plus I don't know if I'll get this lucky again...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I dunno, the special ending for Dream Drop Distance does give me hope that she'll be playable soon. Though it will be truly sad if she doesn't have a decent role in KH III because of the insane Soriku or Soraxas fangirls.
That's why I said "still", I'm confident she'll have a larger role in III as the search for the Princesses of Heart will be one of the focus, mabe she'll even be playable, but as of now...

*ugh* Stupid SoraxRiku fangirls who hate her and ignore every other character. Except Axel and Roxas to make more yaoi.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, I had a date with destiny, so of course I had to rush. :p

Seriously though, it was close to dinner. Geez, did you read the post before that one? :p

My first thought was, "Hey, that's a familiar name. I wonder if it really is him. Let's see after the match." When the match started and I saw black dress Peach, I couldn't remember what Logic's main was or whatever other characters he used were. I lost hard and I saved a couple of replays and remembered "Logic's" Mii so I could compare it to Logic IRL face. Well, with how well this guy was playingplaying and his chill attitude, I felt like it was Logic.

"Logic" wasn't a tryhard, taunted after every stock including his own, and matches were fun even though I lost every one of them except for one where I used Palutena of all people. No rage quits, no cheap tactics, incredible reads, and lots of combos, mix-ups, and he made use of his character's entire arsenal. For one, I rarely see Ike's use Dtilt or even Ftilt, but he did. Most Ike's that aren't spammers go for a lot of Nairs, Bairs, Dairs, Jab combos, and grabs. He even used Down Smash which almost nobody uses on For Glory since it's always a charged Side Smash or Up Smash for FG Ike's.

Logic or not, I'm fine with losing to him like jimi, the Mega Man player or er... That one Fox player who I don't remember his tag, but I have a replay of him, and jordan who I went through 21 characters messing around and having fun despite losing most of the matches. It's losing to tryhards, cheap winners, and spammers that **** me off since I'm not going to learn much about a MU against a Ness who spams only PKT2 and lag made it impossible to counter. I had a match against a Kirby who spammed Stone yesterday and the lag plus input lag made it horrible. The match even timed out... Why was I connected to some dude from Chihuahua, Mexico?!
Hey, what you have against the land of The Great Quesadillas of Asadero? :p
But yeah, I hate stone spammers, some people do that to be invincible and try to overcome the lag, but still they're annoying; specially because Kirby has a lot of useful moves on his arsenal (based Hammer).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So tell me, Why are you wasting time on that page anyway?
But my GF on the other hand is into some ..... even worse things given her open attitude towards anything involving fetishes and sex
Welp, nope Oh wait wow your actually called your girlfriend what she actually is this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

inb4 they followed MTP's steps for this thing or amiibo figures are just hard to find.
From what I can tell, they are literally selling a single preordered Shulk figure for $2,000. That's insane. Even when Shulk comes out his after market price won't be that big to begin with, or maybe even at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

And thus the Gardevoir fanboys (Or shall I say Pokefurries/Pokelovers) unsurprisingly strike back. :troll:

Though who am I to judge since I'm a fan of monster girls and kemonomimi (They do have some pretty badass designs). But my GF on the other hand is into some ..... even worse things given her open attitude towards anything involving fetishes and sex.
The face of Pokéfurries, and also the victim of many trap jokes.

It's funnier that despite it's feminine appearance, it's japanese name is actually Sirknight.

D

Deleted member

From what I can tell, they are literally selling a single preordered Shulk figure for $2,000. That's insane. Even when Shulk comes out his after market price won't be that big to begin with, or maybe even at all.
That's about the same price a Mac costs. I don't know why people do this to begin with.

Soul.

Bold Cresselia 31/x/30-31/26-27/30-31/30-31, keep or reset? A guy on Smogon chat said to trash it because it can't OHKO Landoge (aka Landorus), but two others said to keep it. Plus I don't know if I'll get this lucky again...
Keep it lmao. You shouldn't give up on that Cresselia just because it can't OHKO something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The face of Pokéfurries, and also the victim of many trap jokes.

It's funnier that despite it's feminine appearance, it's japanese name is actually Sirknight.
I like Mimilop better
Real Talk, why are you asking us all of this when you should be trusting yourself and what YOU want to do? Im not trying to be rude

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This reminds me when I used my Master Ball on a Shiny Druddigon
I checked her IVs and had a fabulous spread of 0/0/18/21/23/9

After that Im saving my Master Balls for real emergencies.

D

Deleted member

That's about the same price a Mac costs. I don't know why people do this to begin with.
Little Mac isn't even a fraction of how much that "preorder" is. Mac's "Buy it Now" price on eBay ranges from around $35 to $60.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So tell me, Why are you wasting time on that page anyway?

Just to laugh at the many silly reasons behind their hatedome and looking at the raging fanboys in the comment section. Though things will get interesting soon as Monita, Rebecca, and Terry the Kid shows up next week. :laugh:

Welp, nope Oh wait wow your actually called your girlfriend what she actually is this time.
I know right, I couldn't believe it myself. That Kraid drawing she had involving him in a "Draw me like one of your French girls" pose in front of Samus was pretty ... interesting. Then there's the many Kirby and Dedede vore drawings she done out of boredom. If weird isn't the best way to describe her, then I don't know what is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I know right, I couldn't believe it myself. That Kraid drawing she had involving him in a "Draw me like one of your French girls" pose in front of Samus was pretty ... interesting. Then there's the many Kirby and Dedede vore drawings she done out of boredom. If weird isn't the best way to describe her, then I don't know what is.
What IS that "Draw me like one of your French girls" from anyway? I hear it everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom