• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be honest? Sort of agree. Every indie game I see is either a first person horror game or a 2d platformer.
Granted, I don't mind 2d platformers, but this game will have to do something really interesting to hold my attention.
As someone who is actually making a 2D platformer, I actually sort of agree. I'm not exactly crazy about the majority of indie games.

Games like Freedom Planet and Cave Story however are really great games to me. They don't feel like a generic 2D platformers. Shantae is also pretty decent too, at least the one I've played!

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
To be honest? Sort of agree. Every indie game I see is either a first person horror game or a 2d platformer.
Granted, I don't mind 2d platformers, but this game will have to do something really interesting to hold my attention.
Like @ Naoshi Naoshi said, A Hat In Time and Lucky's Tale will save us all. I hope, I pray. Will buy both.

I'd rather buy them on PS4 than my PC though, and obviously on disc, but indie games can't usually do that, I get it. It is a dealbreaker with me for larger companies though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As someone who is actually making a 2D platformer, I actually sort of agree. I'm not exactly crazy about the majority of indie games.
Games like Freedom Planet and Cave Story however are really great games to me. They don't feel like a generic 2D platformers. Shantae is also pretty decent too, at least the one I've played!
Of course. And I'm not knocking the game itself by any means; I'm just saying, once people start catching on to the trend, they're get bored and when they see a new game with similar qualities, they'll look away.
I am dying to play Rogue Legacy, however, it seems like a unique game to me.
What is special about Freedom Planet, by the way? What makes it stand out from other indie platformers?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
It's not very effective.
Sonic used MURDERDERDERDERE!
*chuckles* *laughs maniacally*
You have no power here, Hedgehag the Sanic! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE!!!!
FACE THE WRATH OF N!N10DOh!!

*begins chanting incantation*

Last edited:

Naoshi

Of course. And I'm not knocking the game itself by any means; I'm just saying, once people start catching on to the trend, they're get bored and when they see a new game with similar qualities, they'll look away.
I am dying to play Rogue Legacy, however, it seems like a unique game to me.
What is special about Freedom Planet, by the way? What makes it stand out from other indie platformers?
It's kind of like a Sonic game, but with more focus on platforming/combating. But the game is rather more of its own thing than Sonic. It's rather very well made for the most part. My only issue is the difficulty spikes in boss fights.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Even though I read all the pages, I'm still lost. I don't know what everyone is talking about.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Like @ Naoshi Naoshi said, A Hat In Time and Lucky's Tale will save us all. I hope, I pray. Will buy both.
I'd rather buy them on PS4 than my PC though, and obviously on disc, but indie games can't usually do that, I get it. It is a dealbreaker with me for larger companies though.
Ohh, A Hat in Time. That was, like, my most hyped game for a long time, and then...I stopped hearing about it...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*chuckles* *laughs maniacally*
You have no power here, Hedgehag the Sanic! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE!!!!
FACE THE WRATH OF N!N10DOh!!
*Looks to the left*
*Looks to the right*
It's a Wii U game.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
(7 years later, after everyone went back to what they were doing and absolutely no one cares about this now)

*finishes incantation*

R0Y

Smash Master
All I see is retro-like side scrollers / platformers. 8-bit for the most part. I don't mind them but it's kinda getting boring. That's just me.
Nah, that's just about everyone right now. RIP mid-tier games that used to get good reviews, now publishers treat the idea like bombs, and sadly they usually are.

Last edited:

Naoshi

All I see is retro-like side scrollers / platformers. 8-bit for the most part. I don't mind them but it's kinda getting boring. That's just me.
Yeah, most of the indie games can't even get 8-bit right. They always feel too faux at their attempts with that. A lot of them assumes 8bit = detailless sprites with 2 pixels for a pair of eyes lol

D

Deleted member

Nah, that's just about everyone right now. RIP mid-tier games that used to get good reviews, now publishers treat the idea like bombs, and sadly they usually are.

Activision and Ubisoft are great examples. :troll:
Seriously though, all indie games I've seen were retro-inspired platformers. Just that, and that's making me lose interest in that gaming department. Indie games should be like your average games available at retail for your console or PC: different kinds of genres available.

Yeah, most of the indie games can't even get 8-bit right. They always feel too faux at their attempts with that. A lot of them assumes 8bit = detailless sprites with 2 pixels for a pair of eyes lol
Maybe they just can't have the time for 3D graphics or something? I don't know. You're right though.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Okay.
Hey @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi We're neighbors now! :D

How in the hell'd he get banned?

Also, for Avatar fans, does Korra seriously have
A romantic relationship with another female? I won't ever watch the show most likely, so I don't care about the answer.
lol, there's one problem with that. I live in a lake house in the fifth largest city in Minnesota, not in a house upon a mountain in Colorado.
A good friend of mine was banned. That's all that matters
why was he even banned in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom