• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Flight and everyone else like this post. This site is now called LikeBoards.
This ain't Facebook, that one site where everyone likes random posts. :troll:

Anyways, lmao at the salt of Smogon fans saying Pokémon Online isn't very good compared to Showdown. PO is faster and has less lag, has a mobile app and it's ironic because Smogon fans were in PO at some point.
*Looks to the left*
*Looks to the right*
It's a Wii U game.
lol, let's.....not talk about this mess.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I am actually making a Mega Man-ish platformer, but it's kind of more of its own thing. It could use a bit more distinction in some elements though, but nothing about the game feels blatant thankfully. Although the visual style is more 16/32bit, but in reality it's just pixel art.

Maybe they just can't have the time for 3D graphics or something? I don't know. You're right though.
Actually, I'm more or less just criticizing how some can't get 8-bit to look right.

Although making authentic 8 bit graphics is actually a lot of work than it actually looks, due to all of the limitations. But I often see indie games that makes things that looks so blatantly ugly and just calls it "8bit" to get away with it.

http://larvalabs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gurkScreener1.png
http://d2oah9q9xdinv5.cloudfront.net/cache/images/games/1/17/16196/crop_800x400/shot1.png (this game probably didn't call itself 8bit, but boy it is realllyyy ugly)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just thought of a really cool boss battle in a game.
The fight is against some sort of demonic bull that charges after you.
Alongside the bull are small weaker enemies, and if you kill them they leave bright red blood splatters behind. If the bull sees this it will charge at the blood and crash into a wall, leaving it open to attack.

I know, bulls are annoyed by the waving of the cape rather than the color, but I mean

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
This ain't Facebook, that one site where everyone likes random posts. :troll:

Anyways, lmao at the salt of Smogon fans saying Pokémon Online isn't very good compared to Showdown. PO is faster and has less lag, has a mobile app and it's ironic because Smogon fans were in PO at some point.

lol, let's.....not talk about this mess.
Hey, at least we get an incredible Game Grumps series out of it! XD

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Game Grumps is a thing? I thought everyone hated it...hmm...guess I'm wrong.
Well, that still could be possible. I'm finding more and more that my opinions tend to run contrary to the majority of the internet...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm pretty sure that Smashriver is not banned forever right? So I think he be back whenever his banned time is over if he don't hate the site that is.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I'd just love it if Doctah Mawio was actually SmashRiver's backup account that he kept for just such an occasion. XD

EDIT: It looks like that actually is what happened...O_O

Last edited:

Soul.

Well, that still could be possible. I'm finding more and more that my opinions tend to run contrary to the majority of the internet...
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. You have your own, I have my own, everyone has their own, so it's alright. I never watched Game Grumps' videos anyways. I pretty much watch Nintendo stuff, competitive Pokémon / Smash and.....yeah.
It's my opinion bruh. You like it, that's fine. I don't like it, that's fine too. lol

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Yeah things are only gonna go well right now. Nothing but good is gonna happen. What could possibly go wrong?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...You guys do know that sockpuppets are against the rules, right? Expect that handle banned unless it's really not SmashRiver64.

Not that I mind sockpuppets in general, but the fact you can still read the thread but not post means there's no reason to need any sockpuppets ever here. So...

Naoshi

Game Grumps is alright, I didn't watch a lot of them, but they were fairly entertaining.

Pewdiepie on the other hand... ew

Soul.

Yeah things are only gonna go well right now. Nothing but good is gonna happen. What could possibly go wrong?
There is nothing wrong. At least, that's what I think. Unless arguments happen on a thread like this, which I doubt. inb4 I'm wrong again.
Pewdiepie
Don't get me started on this one. We can all agree that he's just an overrated YouTube user and that's all.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am actually making a Mega Man-ish platformer, but it's kind of more of its own thing. It could use a bit more distinction in some elements though, but nothing about the game feels blatant thankfully. Although the visual style is more 16/32bit, but in reality it's just pixel art.
I wish I had the ability to actually make games. I had an idea for a 2D platformer as somewhere to start off, too.
I am jelly.

Naoshi

I wish I had the ability to actually make games. I had an idea for a 2D platformer as somewhere to start off, too.
I am jelly.
I recommend Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (formally Multimedia Fusion 2), good way to start

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I am jelly.
I use (well used now that my old hard drive is ruined) Game Maker to help me with my then WIP Toy Story game. It's easy to use if your not that great with coding.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I watch Gamegrumps for some laughs every now and then, but it seems rare to me that they ever actually finish a game so I don't actively follow them.

I used to follow Tobuscus/Tobygames a lot as well but as of late I only watch videos of his on occasion.

I've never liked Pewdiepie.

And recently I've been following Markiplier quite a lot.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm pretty sure that Smashriver is not banned forever right? So I think he be back whenever his banned time is over if he don't hate the site that is.
Once some of his infraction points expire he'll be back. Not that I'm allowed to say how long that will be.

Did SmashRiver really go as far as to make himself a so-called "backup" alt?
Pretty much the dumbest thing you can do if you're banned. And in reality, it makes our jobs a lot easier.

Anyway please change the subject. As open as this thread is, serious user/site issues are best kept private.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I recommend Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (formally Multimedia Fusion 2), good way to start
What I mean is, I have absolutely no programming or coding skills whatsoever. It looks like a foreign language to me.

All I have is a bunch of ideas.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Alrighty, so who else is hyped for GTA V online for PC?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Once some of his infraction points expire he'll be back. Not that I'm allowed to say how long that will be.

Pretty much the dumbest thing you can do if you're banned. And in reality, it makes our jobs a lot easier.

Anyway please change the subject. As open as this thread is, serious user/site issues are best kept private.
WOOHOO, NOT FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom