• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Alrighty, so who else is hyped for GTA V online for PC?
Call me when someone mods it to add Woody. I can't wait to run around killing NPCs with everyone's favorite homicidal cowboy!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Call me when someone mods it to add Woody. I can't wait to run around killing NPCs with everyone's favorite homicidal cowboy!
Pretty sure, be just like the old days of San Andreas. Now needs lucario, Ash, pikachu,starfox and Kirby character model replacements and its just like the old days!

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ah, the simple joy of Shake n' Bake pork chops.

Shake n' Bake...reminds me of a certain Will Ferrell movie...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Pretty sure, be just like the old days of San Andreas. Now needs lucario, Ash, pikachu,starfox and Kirby character model replacements and its just like the old days!
inb4 someone adds Woody, Lucario, Pikachu, Rocket Racoon, Greninja, Knuckles, Substitute, Spider-Man, and whatever the hell @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix 's guy is supposed to be. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why wait? The power of mods compel you!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I actually used the demo version of that program and I loved it! It had a lot of potential for small, cute games.
How much is it for the full version now?
The regular version is about 99 dollars while the Developer version is like 399.

D

Deleted member

I am actually making a Mega Man-ish platformer, but it's kind of more of its own thing. It could use a bit more distinction in some elements though, but nothing about the game feels blatant thankfully. Although the visual style is more 16/32bit, but in reality it's just pixel art.

Actually, I'm more or less just criticizing how some can't get 8-bit to look right.

Although making authentic 8 bit graphics is actually a lot of work than it actually looks, due to all of the limitations. But I often see indie games that makes things that looks so blatantly ugly and just calls it "8bit" to get away with it.

http://larvalabs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gurkScreener1.png
http://d2oah9q9xdinv5.cloudfront.net/cache/images/games/1/17/16196/crop_800x400/shot1.png (this game probably didn't call itself 8bit, but boy it is realllyyy ugly)
I would make a game featuring my character in it, but I am not good at programming, so I don't know what to do. I already got a codename and the main character ready, but I would need to expand dong on the supporting characters / enemies / bosses / worlds and all that stuff lol. If I don't make them then I'd need to talk with some one interested to help.

And you're right, they look ugly..

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wolfie, please explain to a humble peasant how it says you're banned, but you seem to be unaffected? Are you not really banned?
It's because we're all secretly nonexistent. And he's merely a humble glitch in this program we call Life.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Random, but am I the only one in the universe who likes the pre-rendered 3D look? I love the look of games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario RPG. Idk why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random, but am I the only one in the universe who likes the pre-rendered 3D look? I love the look of games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario RPG. Idk why.
It may not "wow" us anymore in the graphics department, but it's still good for nostalgia's sake. You are not alone.

Doctah Mawio

Banned via Warnings
Going to say this now to prevent confusion;
I am not-
I repeat;
I am NOT
SmashRiver64.
I am his brother, Alexander.
SmashRiver gave me this account to use since he didn't need it.
Plus he didn't wanna get tempted to use this to escape a ban.
Pleasure to meet you all. :4drmario:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I was talking about this with my friend last night. They actually have sort of a neat charm. It's def not nostalgia because I completely missed out on these games as a kid (yes even the DKC trilogy). On the other hand, GBA era prerendered 3D graphics looks pretty bad despite being a more capable system.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I am not-
I repeat;
I am NOT
SmashRiver64.
Sure, that's totally believable. We'll all just take you at face value. *goes about business*

EDIT: Btw, have you guys seen these yet? They made me chuckle a bit.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I am not-
I repeat;
I am NOT
SmashRiver64.
eye tink itz lejit guiz...

Honestly, I don't care.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I have an idea for a game about murderous bunnies, kinda like Team Fortress 2 mixed in with Monday Night Combat and other assorted shooters. It'll be a gory mess. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom