• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But what if they simply thought it up? It's not like they haven't had moves for characters that are completely original to Smash. Look at the Falcon Punch.
For all we know, Captain Falcon may have been inspired by a Phoenix. Or a Firebird.
Captain Falcon basically and probably got the leftovers of Dragon King: The Fighting Game.

Lost Media's entry: http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_King:_The_Fighting_Game_(Super_Smash_Bros._Precursor).

Here's an Iwata Asks article on it: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/6/0.

And here's a video discussing it.

Still, there is a difference between fox and kitsune.
I know that, but what's been said is that Miyamoto saw the shrine and said that Star ___ should be Star Fox with the main character being a fox. Fox was never said to be a kitsune and nor is Tails which I don't know why... Tails is just a two-tailed fox... Same with Falco being a pheasant instead of a falcon.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just saw Big Hero 6. Decided to...eh, "acquire" it temporarily.

And man, it was fun to watch, but I sure wasn't expecting the feels that happened in it. I also kept forgetting it was a Marvel movie too.

Hiro is a cool kid, Baymax is friggin adorable, and Gogo...Oh god she is every bit of my kinda woman. <3

Dat Cass tho. That lil auntie deserves some love as well. She as adorably funny and energetic. :3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

racist.

I'm CLEARLY a Banette!
Don't you know what Banette do to Substitutes?

Captain Falcon basically and probably got the leftovers of Dragon King: The Fighting Game.

Lost Media's entry: http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_King:_The_Fighting_Game_(Super_Smash_Bros._Precursor).

Here's an Iwata Asks article on it: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/6/0.

And here's a video discussing it.
Sure, but it still doesn't exactly correlate with the F-Zero canon.

I know that, but what's been said is that Miyamoto saw the shrine and said that Star ___ should be Star Fox with the main character being a fox. Fox was never said to be a kitsune and nor is Tails which I don't know why... Tails is just a two-tailed fox... Same with Falco being a pheasant instead of a falcon.
Still, one could argue that it could have been more a "this is the species the main character should be" and less "this is the mythology the main character should be". With that logic, how come there are no other references to the kitsune within Star Fox itself?

Soul.

The stress of finding pokemon, breeding them and training them drove me to Pokegen.

The absence of Pokegen and the inability to produce "legit" pokemon for online drove me to Pokemon Showdown.

The lack of flashy animations and dynamic camera capture on Pokemon Showdown drove me back to breeding legit pokemon.

The circle of life continues.
The grace of Action Replay and PokéGen having a code Generator is making me want to uhh.....get stuff I can't get on X/Y without the GTS.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So i found this weird anime where peach grandparents are hammer brother,and mario borned into a flower,and recruits an army a la momotaro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GKoG1-MJM
Watched the whole thing,the question is :
Why and how?
The is so bad that it's funny applies here,bowser roleplaying the queen from snowhite,we have rambo mario,futuristic settings poping out of nowhere,featuring luigi from super mario series.
11/10 japanese fan fiction at his finest

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sure, but it still doesn't exactly correlate with the F-Zero canon.

Still, one could argue that it could have been more a "this is the species the main character should be" and less "this is the mythology the main character should be". With that logic, how come there are no other references to the kitsune within Star Fox itself?
Why must you make this so complicated?!

I never said anything about it being canon. All I said was that Captain Falcon's moves are just leftovers of Dragon King: The Fighting Game. As for Star Fox, the devs couldn't decide who the main character should be until Miyamoto saw the statue and decided the main character should be a fox. The only myth references in Star Fox are traveling through "arches" which I think are the rings in Star Fox and that's it along with the red scarf that Fox wears. GEEEZ...

I don't think she'll be in the game, so no.
There might be Claire Sandwiches though. :)
Your sig... Is perfect for a reaction to this. :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Just saw Big Hero 6. Decided to...eh, "acquire" it temporarily.

And man, it was fun to watch, but I sure wasn't expecting the feels that happened in it. I also kept forgetting it was a Marvel movie too.

Hiro is a cool kid, Baymax is friggin adorable, and Gogo...Oh god she is every bit of my kinda woman. <3

Dat Cass tho. That lil auntie deserves some love as well. She as adorably funny and energetic. :3
I wanted to like Baymax so much, the concept of a "minion" or "Olaf" that I could actually respect was half the reason I went to see the movie. It just did not happen. So close, so close. I did not enjoy Hiro's character, he was too generic and too much of a *****.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
*looks at empty Cheez-it bags and soda cans*

My self-respect, wherefore art thou?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why must you make this so complicated?!

I never said anything about it being canon. All I said was that Captain Falcon's moves are just leftovers of Dragon King: The Fighting Game. As for Star Fox, the devs couldn't decide who the main character should be until Miyamoto saw the statue and decided the main character should be a fox. The only myth references in Star Fox are traveling through "arches" which I think are the rings in Star Fox and that's it along with the red scarf that Fox wears. GEEEZ...
But you see, my original point is that Smash Bros has a tendency of introducing moves to characters who have otherwise not been shown to have said abilities. Which is why I pointed out Captain Falcon. Sure, his moves could be Dragon King. But last time I checked, that's not F-Zero.

Same with Fox, I could believe him being based on a Kitsune if there was more evidence concluding said fact. But as of right now he seems to be inspired more by a fox rather than a Kitsune.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, this game is going to drop on the deck and flop like a fish. :troll:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/activision-announces-spongebob-heropants-game
Those kind of games don't get reviews by high profile sites like IGN and GameSpot. And I honestly dislike TV series / movie video game tie-ins just for $$$. If they're going to license a property, at least, do it right. Or be protective of the property like the South Park creators. :troll:

And I thought Activision stopped making licensed games. New THQ confirmed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I love how they're shipping anime boys with cultists now and still portray it cutesy.
Anything can be cute as long as it's in anime style.

Anything.

Also, Happy Birthday @WolfieXVII ¦D

I wanted to like Baymax so much, the concept of a "minion" or "Olaf" that I could actually respect was half the reason I went to see the movie. It just did not happen. So close, so close. I did not enjoy Hiro's character, he was too generic and too much of a *****.
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, considering how you are. ¦D;

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Those kind of games don't get reviews by high profile sites like IGN and GameSpot. And I honestly dislike TV series / movie video game tie-ins just for $$$. If they're going to license a property, at least, do it right. Or be protective of the property like the South Park creators. :troll:

And I thought Activision stopped making licensed games. New THQ confirmed.
Shame what happened to THQ, anyway. I actually liked Battle for Bikini Bottom and The Spongebob Movie game (which was pretty much a direct sequel to BfBB).

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Somethings, shouldn't tho:

View attachment 34930

That fem!Loki looks nothing like when actually turned female.
He was actually turned female?
That's, um...different. Those designs are extremely stupid by the way. Would've loved to see an Iron Woman design with slender armor but nope, gotta go with the boobie dress.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But you see, my original point is that Smash Bros has a tendency of introducing moves to characters who have otherwise not been shown to have said abilities. Which is why I pointed out Captain Falcon. Sure, his moves could be Dragon King. But last time I checked, that's not F-Zero.

Same with Fox, I could believe him being based on a Kitsune if there was more evidence concluding said fact. But as of right now he seems to be inspired more by a fox rather than a Kitsune.
But my point was stating where Captain Falcon's moves came from - Dragon King - and the origins of Fox McCloud - the shrine.

Anyway, with the Capt., it was said he was a bounty hunter - I don't know which game said that - and like Samus, he's probably familiar with basic kicks and punches which would explain his Ftilt and jab combo. Tackles are common, so that makes sense. Now, if he's more melee orientated, then it would explain his Up Smash, Utilt, Nair, Side Smash, Dtilt, Down Smash, etc. as more advanced martial arts familiarity.

His Specials, on the other hand, have little evidence aside from being possible references to F-Zero racing, but that like, only applies to Falcon Kick which could be said to be a reference to boosting, but how? How the hell does a guy like that boost like that? Same with Raptor Boost. Then you have Falcon Dive and Falcon Punch... Unless this dude trained in some secret Neo-Shaolin Temple, then there's no reason for him to be able to pull off a Falcon Punch unless the world of F-Zero has magic or something. Falcon Dive at least could involve him planting a bomb, but that's so freaking dangerous. I never played F-Zero, but are there usable bombs like in Mario Kart?

SSB is not a series that's canon-friendly. It wasn't until 4 games that Link could use his Jump Attack and DK could use his roll. Don't mention Ganondorf being a Falcondorf. That really riles people up.

Fem Loki? That's one of the Kyoshi Warriors, looks more like.

View attachment 34931
Yeah, Avatar bros.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
He was actually turned female?
That's, um...different. Those designs are extremely stupid by the way. Would've loved to see an Iron Woman design with slender armor but nope, gotta go with the boobie dress.
Loki also got knocked up by a stallion on a side note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom