• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've finally made a sig that I'm happy with. It incorporates a funny .gif with a link to my dead thread.
It's official: there is a traitor of the boards in our midst.
I would post that .gif of Woody as the spy from TF2...except the .gif would probably give me an infraction.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
communication reestablished.
Alright, I'm still alive, but the traitor knows what I am doing. I can only give a subtle hint about their identity.
Their Smashboards account has the letter "o". I cannot figure out if it's capitalized or not.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
communication reestablished.
Alright, I'm still alive, but the traitor knows what I am doing. I can only give a subtle hint about their identity.
Their Smashboards account has the letter "o". I cannot figure out if it's capitalized or not.
Hi. How are you doing?
Prepare to meet my friend Kevin tomorrow. He brings his gun collection. :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Soooo...having never played Paper Mario, and being curious about it, what's the deal? What makes it so great?
ok, let me try to explain from series perspective.

Basically, the series in the end do like super mario sunshine in the way that it just makes you happy to play. And when I mean play, I mean every single act of the game makes you happy to do them.

But the way it's trying to do this is very unique. It tries to immerse you in a world full of brightness and let me say it gorgeousness with silly text humor and sfx heavy audio.

If I describe the artstyle and sound style, you'll get this:

The artstyle tries of course to have 2d objects and characters in a 3d environment. This is already helping because it put a lot of emphasis on the characters and with how bright the colors are, it just makes a lot of emphasis in their animation. For example, when Paper Mario jumps, it just feels a lot more than other 3d model I saw because the animation and characters are heavilly emphased.

And the whole artstyle has this word: gorgeous. Everything has the goal of wanting you to love playing the game. Just the text bubble just that makes you want to read them and that's even the case in the UI. They all have something to do with Paper which creates a big charm in the game.

And the charm of the game is actually why this series is so loved. See, the ch (chapter) you go thorugh differ so much that you pretty much feel that it's an adventure. You sort of begin to love your partners and the locations are known to be a lot memorable the most are the shy guy's toybox and the Gits pit, but there;s other good one like Boggly woods and of course, every hub the game especially toad town and Rogueport are very memorable byt the way the game makes you feel that you progress after each ch.

As for the audio, again, very unique. The games are sfx heavy and that's even in the music. I have wav of the games music ripped and this is especially obvious on my Bose headphones. There's a lot of mostly unrelated sfx in the music that just enhance the feel of it. and the actually sfx are very detailed with how much it uses. Fun fact, TTYD uses 1247 sfx and 146 music all music have sfx into them so it enahcne the immersion you get and the atmospheres begins to be very specific and so, works well.

Now, what I described is less obvious for pm64 simply because of the system limitations. These didn't made very obvious what they were going for, but it sort of somehow was. Which is why this game is still loved but TTYD is the most appreciated because it's probably the clossest of what they were trying to do with the series in the first place.

Just the battle in TTYD is outstanding. You CANNOT be mad under any battle circumstances in this game. To give you an idea of how much happiness you get and how much fun you have, the most loved ch of the game is by far the third one when you litterally battle through 20 fights with random conditions. The battle system was that good to feels more fun than repetitive and really, that's the only RPG Iplayed so far that was like this. there's even a 100 fight challenges that in the end, is very hard, but never feels repetitive. The randomness in battles helps a lot too.

So, to answer with a TL;DR: it;s the charm put into the games. The visuals are gorgeous, the text offers silly humor, the audio is sfx heavy to have enhanced atmosphere and the chapters are all filled with something new and that adds a lot to the fun you have.

pm64 is I think what was the foundation of the series, it's based on smrpg thoght.

TTYD is the true seuel of pm64 and is really the core of the series.

spm is an unfortunately underated game that has a VERY deep story. Seriously, this game managed to bridge correctly 2 distinct genres and it just worked. The story though,....the whole game worths the story and most of the core aspect of the seies is there too.

HOWEVER, this is NOT the case at all with sticker star. This game doesn't reflect the series at all and there's several reasons for this which I don't really have to explain because you would need to play one of the first 3 games to understand first.

This is why I loved the series, it just happened to have everything I liked in game. Especially the design, I tend to like simple forms like lines and simple curve well since a paper is that simple, the artstyle is just that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The traitor has been found. Treat anyone with the mane "SneakyLi..." wait a minute....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tentative name changes for KenithTheGatherer:

- Mashpotato Samurai (may be taken, I'd honestly be disappointed with the world if it isn't)
- Dangerous Dazzling Demon Debbie
- KTG
- Killer Tiger Groove
- Old Dragonslayer
- Monster King Debbie
- Kenith
- Kenith Returns
- Kenith Forever
- Kenith Beyond
- Kenith & Robin (GET IT?)
- Kenith Begins
- Malecatlady2334526

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No time to edit it earlier.
I have all the time to edit, it's just I refuse to believe in the concept of time.
Time is only an illusion made by the government in order to keep us from reaching out full potential.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

- Mashpotato Samurai (may be taken, I'd honestly be disappointed with the world if it isn't)
- KTG
- Killer Tiger Groove
- Old Dragonslayer
- Monster King Debbie
- Kenith
- Kenith Returns
- Kenith Forever
- Kenith Beyond
- Kenith Begins
- Malecatlady2334526
Why not The Dark Kenith? :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- KTG
- Killer Tiger Groove
- Old Dragonslayer
- Monster King Debbie
- Kenith
- Kenith Returns
- Kenith Forever
- Kenith Beyond
- Kenith Begins
- Malecatlady2334526
I'd say go for the simpler Kenith name. Most people know you like that, right? It's pretty much like my Flight name. Good thing no one took it before me. :troll:

It's up to you though.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

- KTG
- Killer Tiger Groove
- Old Dragonslayer
- Monster King Debbie
- Kenith
- Kenith Returns
- Kenith Forever
- Kenith Beyond
- Kenith Begins
- Malecatlady2334526
0/10 no Ghirahim & Knuckles

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Made me a little agitated that someone already took This Guy. I like my new name though. It's like I'm making a statement. :p

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yeesh, WatchMojo is getting kinda desperate with coming up with Top 10's they haven't already made. Just look at the latest one.

"Top 10 Assassinations in History"

Do you really want to rank such controversy?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yeesh, WatchMojo is getting kinda desperate with coming up with Top 10's they haven't already made. Just look at the latest one.

But how else will I know if Kennedy's assassination couldn't be topped?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Poor Gintama, Sorachi had recently announced that he has the ending planned soon (in the form of a paper document for the new year). Again, it doesn't surprise me given the number of gag manga in the magazine and that many had speculated 2015/2016 for its ending. I can tell that One Piece, Kochikame, Hunter x Hunter (Assuming that Togashi gets off his lazy ass soon), and Toriko would be the only long runners left by the end of this decade.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
But how else will I know if Kennedy's assassination couldn't be topped?
Everyone knows that [insert generic dictator who was murdered by his subjects], had a bigger impact on history.

Their Top 10 Animated Films of All Time was accurate.
Toy Story bias :troll:

D

Deleted member

My God, Ness' baseball bat as way too much knockback.

It seriously needs some nerf.
[/RantOfTheDay]

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I don't get it. How exactly does one rank the killings of human beings?

Strofirko

Smash Master

Top 10 doesn't feel more the same.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Poor Gintama, Sorachi had recently announced that he has the ending planned soon (in the form of a paper document for the new year). Again, it doesn't surprise me given the number of gag manga in the magazine and that many had speculated 2015/2016 for its ending. I can tell that One Piece, Kochikame, Hiatus x Hiatus (Assuming that Togashi gets off his lazy *** soon), and Toriko would be the only long runners left by the end of this decade.
Fixed that for you bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom