• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeesh, WatchMojo is getting kinda desperate with coming up with Top 10's they haven't already made. Just look at the latest one.
"Top 10 Assassinations in History"

Do you really want to rank such controversy?
No comment. Why would that bring those things up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fixed that for you bud.
That's rather accurate there, my good man. The thing I wonder is how Togashi can be so popular if he barely gets his own work done and acts lazy. I can at least understand Oda's situation since he is getting old and he actually delivers a good chapter after his usual week long break. That combined with the fact that One Piece will go on for another 9 years from now.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL

Marlboro product placement in a scene where a guy is dying from lung cancer

Soul.

I try to do a Jirachi set on the real Pokémon games not knowing the thing is very hard to get.
inb4 you can't get it period. just play Showdown

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I try to do a Jirachi set on the real Pokémon games not knowing the thing is very hard to get.
inb4 you can't get it period. just play Showdown
Bruh, that's like the second hardest pokemon to findヽ༼⊙_⊙༽ノ (dont quote me on that)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why not just hack him in a previous version and trade him up

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On the subject of WatchMojo, I've seen the comment section for Top 10 Most Controversial Cartoon Episodes and it is pure cancer. It's actually disgusting how rampant racism still exists in 2015. :rolleyes:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The stress of finding pokemon, breeding them and training them drove me to Pokegen.

The absence of Pokegen and the inability to produce "legit" pokemon for online drove me to Pokemon Showdown.

The lack of flashy animations and dynamic camera capture on Pokemon Showdown drove me back to breeding legit pokemon.

The circle of life continues.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well I saw the video and was not as surprised with the rankings. The only interesting thing was that JFK's assassination only landed at #4 while Gandhi's took the top spot. And now for my favorite comments! :troll:

"Mahatma Gandhi, best assassination ever 10/10 - ign" <--- I'm going to hell for laughing at this one
"Why no Jesus?"
"Annnnd...this has done it. Unsubscribe!"
"Martin Luther was only big because he was assassinated" <--- The replies were gold!
"Top 10 assassinations? What's next? Top ten tentacle ***** in hentai?" <--- would actually want to hear how they described
"Somewhere in Cuba, Fidel Castro is smoking a cigar."

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The stress of finding pokemon, breeding them and training them drove me to Pokegen.

The absence of Pokegen and the inability to produce "legit" pokemon for online drove me to Pokemon Showdown.

The lack of flashy animations and dynamic camera capture on Pokemon Showdown drove me back to breeding legit pokemon.

The circle of life continues.
I know that feel. Sometimes i just want to generate pokemon just for the sake of battling with out having to live around the daycare for days.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, this is interesting.
I don't get it.
So a character that has little to do with Japanese mythology somehow has been inspired by a Kitsune of all things? What?!
And even then, that doesn't explain how both Falco and Wolf also know the techniques (or at least, variations of them) as well.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't get it.
So a character that has little to do with Japanese mythology somehow has been inspired by a Kitsune of all things? What?!
And even then, that doesn't explain how both Falco and Wolf also know the techniques (or at least, variations of them) as well.
Well they didn't have much reference to go by when Fox's character was always crammed in a space pilot. You never got to play him outside of his spacecraft til Star Fox Adventures. That came after Smash Bros. N64 AND Melee, where Fox was already given a defined moveset.

And Falco is Fox clone, so he gets all moves by default.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well they didn't have much reference to go by when Fox's character was always crammed in a space pilot. You never got to play him outside of his spacecraft til Star Fox Adventures. That came after Smash Bros. N64 AND Melee.

*cough* unlockable Multiplayer mode in Star Fox 64 says hello *cough*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Martin Luther was only big because he was assassinated" <--- The replies were gold!
He means MLK Jr. I'm guessing, judging from the fact Martin Luther wasn't assassinated.
Regardless, that's actually not entirely untrue. Part of the reason he became so well known is due to him essentially becoming a martyr.
Of course, I'm sure that is not what this comment-er meant, and he's probably just being ignorant!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well they didn't have much reference to go by when Fox's character was always crammed in a space pilot. You never got to play him outside of his spacecraft til Star Fox Adventures. That came after Smash Bros. N64 AND Melee, where Fox was already given a defined moveset.

But what if they simply thought it up? It's not like they haven't had moves for characters that are completely original to Smash. Look at the Falcon Punch.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was already aware of the Kitsune myth, but I didn't think Fox's moveset was linked to the legend.

Yeah... Fox's stuff seem more like sci-fi-based than myth-based even if there's grounds for them being myth-based. It's more obvious with Reflector being an actual object starting in Brawl or Wolf in general. Wolf's jet pack-thing makes it look like he's using it for Wolf Flash and Fire Wolf while his Reflector might work through his belt or something.

I don't get it.
Check the wiki: starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Fox_McCloud or wikipedia's entry on Fox McCloud. The main character being a fox was finalized when Miyamoto went to Fushimi Inari-taisha. It explains Fox's trademark red scarf, going through "arches". It does not, however, explain Fox's Specials in SSB. It's a theory and a loose one considering the advanced world Star Fox is set in. In a sci-fi world like that with laser beams, barrier shields, Arwings, etc., then I would expect jet boots, jet packs, y'know, stuff that Fox could and would use on foot for like slowing his descent, reaching heights, travel, survival, ground combat, etc. like, I don't know, Titanfall.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For all we know, Captain Falcon may have been inspired by a Phoenix. Or a Firebird.
What about the Falcon Kick? Or Dive? Or let's face it most of his moveset?
And that's only one. What about ROB?

Check the wiki: starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Fox_McCloud or wikipedia's entry on Fox McCloud. The main character being a fox was finalized when Miyamoto went to Fushimi Inari-taisha. It explains Fox's trademark red scarf, going through "arches". It does not, however, explain Fox's Specials in SSB. It's a theory and a loose one considering the advanced world Star Fox is set in. In a sci-fi world like that with laser beams, barrier shields, Arwings, etc., then I would expect jet boots, jet packs, y'know, stuff that Fox could and would use on foot for like slowing his descent, reaching heights, travel, survival, ground combat, etc. like, I don't know, Titanfall.
Still, there is a difference between fox and kitsune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom