• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've been working on the concept for an adventure game where your primary weapon and tool is a lightning staff that can power and control ancient robots. Obviously I can't really...do anything with it, but I would love to realize the idea.
It seems a lot of people here are in the same predicament.

Why aren't their any programmers who want to make a game but need an idea guy?
Nah, should be a guy, Ms.Aran needs a Husbando ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What if she wants a waifu? :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, basically the Dominion Rod, but useful throughout the game and not just... one dungeon and some overworld stuff? :p

The rod should be called the Domination Rod and look as similar as possible to the Dominion Rod and the game should highlight its importance OVER AND OVER. Take that, Nintendo. :smash: :shades: Yea. :p

B-but the possibilities for yuri-action! It'd be like...
the ending of the Legend of Korra.
Hehe, Domination Rod

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I miss Falco's laser sound effect in Brawl; it has much more "oomph" than the sound effect in SSB4. Same thing with his Phantasm which I think was louder in Brawl, but softer in SSB4. Eh, this reminds me of DMC where DMC3 had Ebony & Ivory sound more like SMGs which makes sense since Dante's shooting them close to that speed, but either DMC1 or 2 had them sound like hand cannons and it was baller.

Battlefield 3's shotgun sound is just so satisfying. BOOM! even if you miss, it's awesome. Meanwhile in Modern Warfare 2... you have shotguns kinda sounding like they were suppressed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I miss Falco's laser sound effect in Brawl; it has much more "oomph" than the sound effect in SSB4. Same thing with his Phantasm which I think was louder in Brawl, but softer in SSB4. Eh, this reminds me of DMC where DMC3 had Ebony & Ivory sound more like SMGs which makes sense since Dante's shooting them close to that speed, but either DMC1 or 2 had them sound like hand cannons and it was baller.

Battlefield 3's shotgun sound is just so satisfying. BOOM! even if you miss, it's awesome. Meanwhile in Modern Warfare 2... you have shotguns kinda sounding like they were suppressed.
They also nerfed Ike's sound effects. :urg:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yep, He's more muscular but sounds less agressive (at least he still has his cool screams) and more...clunky :c

But the worst nerf in Smash 4 is...

Fox's Voice of course

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But his glorious voice! The sound of him plunging down from the heavenly skies with his mighty, sturdy, glistening blade, Ragnell cannot be described. RRUGHA!!! SO AWESOME! SO MANLY!!

Seriously though, his "RAAAAAAH" voice clip for Aether is awesome. I kind of like Mike Lund's voice for Falco while fighting over Dex Manley. Taunts and talking, however, goes to Dex or Mike Madeoy if he was used for the Star Fox Assault smash taunts - there's personality and attitude with them. Mike West is like 80% all right for Fox when he fights, but then you hear his Fire Fox, Fox's spoken taunts, victory quotes, Star Fox 64 smash taunts, and I believe his Ftilt and a couple other moves... Egh... What the hell happened? Mike West sounded fine as Fox in 64 and the remake...

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I was going to say not all churches do that to LGBT people as I've been to churches that have accepted them, but yeah we should move on from that topic.

I'm wondering if I should get a new Wii U Gamepad or wait until the police actually does something about the case to see if they can recover mine...It's not like I have Smash 4 yet, and I still need to focus more on getting a better job.
Oh I know a lot of them don't. But there are a whole lot who do and still actively donate against gay marriage and the sort. Obviously there are exceptions even if it doesn't look that way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aww man i'm getting flash backs to Sonic the Fighters. Bark the Polar Bear is my dude!
Bark may be cool, but he didn't have the tail hop and guns like Nack the Weasel. Nack is love, Nack is life.

Seriously, the main reason why I love these comics is because they actually make characters like Team Hooligan (Nack, Bark, and Bean) relevant since Sega doesn't have any idea of what to do with them. The closest thing to canon material we had of any of them were wanted posters in Generations.

#BringBackTeamHooliganinFutureSonicGames

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bowser sounds really muted compared to Brawl.

Before he had a mighty roar, now he sounds like he needs some cough syrup. At least with his taunts.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like falco's voice alot in this game now that I've played more of it.
Meanwhile... with Fox. :p

Samus's footstep sounds are both cool and funny. They're like "boop, boop, boop". Everything else sounds great except for her Charge Shot, but that's me being biased to the Prime series' sound effects for her charging beams.

Captain Falcon lost his "clink" or "clank" sound for his movement. It was weird... In SSB4, it's more like a jet or space shuttle's "fire". It's like "swoosh" or something and fits him more. Ike's footsteps and movement sounds are just heavy and awesome. Same with Ganondorf where you can feel the weight behind him moving and hitting you.

Zelda's Din's Fire and Uair sound effects... Eh, I don't like them. The magic start-up sound is kind of weird to me; the fire effects are fine, but the "whaa" sound effect is weird and a giant telegraph.

Oh, and Bowser Jr.'s Abandon Ship! voice clip is a adorable: "whee" or something like it. It's so cute and totally something a kid would do.

Wii Fit Trainer (female)'s "ugah" sound reminds me of uguu... Fans of Kanon know what I'm talking about - I never seen the anime, but only the clip of Ayu Tsukimiya saying it.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
HNI_0051.JPG

Now considered "low tier", the disgraced Meta Knight tries to find battles that are more his level...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, basically the Dominion Rod, but useful throughout the game and not just... one dungeon and some overworld stuff? :p
The rod should be called the Domination Rod and look as similar as possible to the Dominion Rod and the game should highlight its importance OVER AND OVER. Take that, Nintendo. :smash: :shades: Yea. :p
Yeah, when I was thinking of the idea, I was immediately like, "well, ****. She's just using the Dominion Rod."
Although the difference is that this staff is much longer and is used like a spear/halberd, and fires lightning bolts from the tip to stun/damage enemies.
Also, in certain ancient contraptions the staff actually works like a removable lever.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like falco's voice alot in this game now that I've played more of it.
I sure don't. It still sucks. ¦(

Once mods actually are possible, first thing I'm doing is replacing Fox's, Falco's, Bowser's and Sonic's voices. XD

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Once mods actually are possible, first thing I'm doing is replacing Fox's, Falco's, Bowser's and Sonic's voices. XD
Roger Craig Smith's voice for Sonic is hella better than Jason Griffith.

It's cool, but I will always miss the random brooklyn accent.

"peysonally, I prefer the EHHH"
I like both tbh :p

Meanwhile... with Fox. :p

Samus's footstep sounds are both cool and funny. They're like "boop, boop, boop". Everything else sounds great except for her Charge Shot, but that's me being biased to the Prime series' sound effects for her charging beams.

Captain Falcon lost his "clink" or "clank" sound for his movement. It was weird... In SSB4, it's more like a jet or space shuttle's "fire". It's like "swoosh" or something and fits him more. Ike's footsteps and movement sounds are just heavy and awesome. Same with Ganondorf where you can feel the weight behind him moving and hitting you.

Zelda's Din's Fire and Uair sound effects... Eh, I don't like them. The magic start-up sound is kind of weird to me; the fire effects are fine, but the "whaa" sound effect is weird and a giant telegraph.

Oh, and Bowser Jr.'s Abandon Ship! voice clip is a adorable: "whee" or something like it. It's so cute and totally something a kid would do.

Wii Fit Trainer (female)'s "ugah" sound reminds me of uguu... Fans of Kanon know what I'm talking about - I never seen the anime, but only the clip of Ayu Tsukimiya saying it.
Don't get me started on Fox ugh >_>

I kinda really kiled the clank sound efects for Falcon in Brawl.... I also like Samus' and Ganon's sound fx.
The rest there is meh tbh :ohwell:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, when I was thinking of the idea, I was immediately like, "well, ****. She's just using the Dominion Rod."
Although the difference is that this staff is much longer and is used like a spear/halberd, and fires lightning bolts from the tip to stun/damage enemies.
Also, in certain ancient contraptions the staff actually works like a removable lever.
So... the Combat Cross in Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. It... DID. EVERYTHING. Gabriel had a freaking Swiss Army Cross. It worked as a lever, it whipped **** up, it grappled stuff, it worked as a "leash", it stabbed ****, it was anti-evil creatures, and hell, it could probably work a good pestle for mixing stuff in the mortar. Best weapon, tool, cooking utensil ever. :p

Everyone... EVERYONE. Should sound like... Samuel L. Jackson... Or Nolan North. :p

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
For some reason its always fun to lightly tap the control stick one direction thats not enough to move but enough to make the character start to react, makes lucario do an awkward tail wag.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Roger Craig Smith's voice for Sonic is hella better than Jason Griffith.
Who said anything about Griffith? Hell no. I'm replacing him with the same Ryan Drummond pack I made for my Project M. XD

That, or better Roger clips than the ones they chose, since I know exactly where each one came from and what to put instead...

But naw, I'll stick to the Ryan plan. <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm starting to think instructors are an archaic concept since your grade, and your level of education and understanding, can completely depend on the style and competency of the instructor.

There needs to be something better

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im in a completely nervous state now while listening Metal songs to pump myself up and tell my mom about my career changing decision. But at the same time is exciting because I'll go and study what I wanted since I was a child.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Who said anything about Griffith? Hell no. I'm replacing him with the same Ryan Drummond pack I made for my Project M. XD

That, or better Roger clips than the ones they chose, since I know exactly where each one came from and what to put instead...

No! Give Sonic Morgan Freeman clips! It'd be hilarious! Just imagine... Actually that would be a bad since everyone would be having a "moment of bliss" from hearing Morgan Freeman. :p

Breaking news! Super Smash Bros. 4 voice mod featuring Morgan Freeman causes an orgy!

That actually lulls me to sleep.
Stop reminding me I have to finish Demon's Souls... I KNOW, candle maiden, "lull the Old One back to its ancient slumber", blah blah blah...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did the most horrible NPC placement in Gmod

too many snipers killing me

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I second that notion. ¦D
Oh, yes! I remember this! I was going to mention those here and ask if anyone remembered them. Oh, Samuel "Falco" Lombardi Jackson, how I missed you. Funny how Jackson's middle name starts with a "L". It's so perfect!

Anyway... Really NSFW, but this is my favorite clip.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They have road to el dorado on netflix now

I saw it in theatres

I don't think I liked it

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I never really cared for any of the other Sonic voice actors

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
2000 was 5 years before I graduated high school

So, I was....14 or something
I'd be around 4? If I saw it, then I'd be around 8 to 10 since I don't remember anything before that. Yeah, I don't remember anything from my childhood except for vague things or stuff that's important to me like playing Contra or watching someone beat Super Mario Bros. without losing a life - I don't remember if it was just one level or the entire game. I think I beat Contra around the age of 6 then because I know I've seen the final boss before.

Optional: Ffamran's memory woes and concerns.
My weird memory makes me worry sometime. For one, never ever ask me if something tastes good if there's none left for me try to taste again. I cannot for the life of me recall taste. I know chocolate's sweet and that's it. I cannot tell you if it was "good", how sweet, etc. Ask me what beef tastes like and you're probably going to get "beef".

I can recall facts like so-and-so got married. Ask me when, where, what I did, etc. and you're going to get a blank stare. I can't remember anything about stuff like that. I don't even remember my graduation - all I know was that there were people, a diploma, and that's it. So, stuff like that, parties, graduations, etc., never get remembered and never become important to my life. They're all so vague that's it's sometimes scary. Don't ask me what I did yesterday because I can only give you vague details like "I played SSB4" or "slept". Same with dreams even if it was just seconds after waking up. I know something happened, but I don't know what happened.

On the other hand, my dad can remember and tell stories so well. Mom can too...

I can recall facts. Hell, I can sometimes even recall a quote word for word and visually imagine where on the page. It's easy for me to say, "Oh, this happened on page 67 on this paragraph" - provided I have the book to point out the paragraph. So, searching for quotes was always easy for me when we had to write essays or whatever and use quotes.

Facts, unfortunately, don't apply to streets. You can tell me to go to Smith's St., take a left on Lincoln, etc. and I'll get lost and be confused. I have to physically go through the steps and I remember as if it's a "feel" and knowing that I should turn here, take this road, etc. along with remembering landmarks. I can't tell you which streets to take. Growing up with video games and with mini maps made my sense of direction kind of instinctual - I visualize directions like a mini map. So, stuff gets gridified.

The other thing is that I always remember bad things that happened to me. They haunt me and I can't forget them. I'll be sitting around and WHAM! bad memory. Why?! Leave me the hell alone; it's been years... Jaysus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom