• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I suppose, but I just like to talk about movesets. Custom moves is one of my favorite things in Smash I'd like to see where it goes from here on.
Even though I'm also talking about that stuff as well, I can't see them drop out custom moves in a future Smash game. They're obviously well received and all, so that must be a reason.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
hands I hate hands, I always mess them up mostly the fingers and looking at my own hand doesn't help.:glare:
Tell me about it, I think my problem is that I either make fingers too thick or too slender. Either way it looks too alien. And then I spend half an hour on one thing even though the rough sketch took like, 10 minutes at best.

I've already been doing something like this over the course of years.

Though I don't have everything written down, I do have it safely locked in my head.

For most of my game ideas, if I tried to write it all down, I may as well be writing novels.
I've had a few ideas on a fighting game before. But I didn't write any of it down. Still have the ideas in my head.

D

Deleted member

I'm on the same boat as well. I tried learning Javascript for a while, but gave up due to a lack of interest.
I see. I'll probably never learn how to program a game, it's just so difficult. I know, I know, there could be ways to circumvent this problem, but eh... I tested Game Maker and I wasn't that good with it, so I removed it.

I would need to talk with someone that's interested to finish out the supporting characters, enemies, all that stuff.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
This is my exact problem.

I have so many ideas for games, but I can't program or anything. Though it would take a team to make a proper game.
You don't necessarily need a team to make a game (Cave Story was made entirely by one person).

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... When I make the hands, I made them too thick and too thin. I also had a dream where my art looks good, but as soon as I wake up, it looks like crap.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You don't necessarily need a team to make a game (Cave Story was made entirely by one person).
Well yeah, if I wanted to basically make a modern day NES game.

I'd at least go for SNES, man.

My greatest goal is to someday make 3D platformers like they used to be. Good old exploration and collectathoning.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
In like, 5 years.
(Not sure if that's considered long or short concerning game design)
WELP.
Imma go to bed, here's some music, GOOOOOODnight.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I never noticed how flappy Rouge's ears are in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Speed-running that would be a nightmare... But people have done it.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Dust: An Elysian Tail's another example. It's very possible to do it by yourself.

I would love to see more like Shovel Knight's design. Such a fun game, and it's a nice throwback. :)

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Ugh... When I make the hands, I made them too thick and too thin. I also had a dream where my art looks good, but as soon as I wake up, it looks like crap.
I know that feeling, at times I think I will be making a masterpiece but when I finally put lines on paper I be like the **** just happen!?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That's really clever of you, Nack. Chuckles does have a nice ring to it unlike the canon name "Knuckles". :troll:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm the same way, except not really.

I frequently dream about dinosaur apocalypses. My favorite one involved almost every major aircraft crashing, with velociraptors emerging from the wreckage having somehow boarded and caused enough damage and havoc to spiral out of control.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

My greatest goal is to someday make 3D platformers like they used to be. Good old exploration and collectathoning.
Yeah, the 3-D platformer genre could use another game or two that goes back to basics. A new Ratchet and Clank game is in the works. I think it's a remake of the original. Which is good, since that game could use some of the updates the the sequels added. The modern Mario games are good. But 3D Land and 3D World focus on a ton smaller levels rather than a dozen or so large ones, that could act as multiple levels in and of themselves.

Dust: An Elysian Tail's another example. It's very possible to do it by yourself.
It's be done before, sure. But I don't think going solo is really the preferable choice. Having a team can go a long way.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, probably tomorrow I'll be lynched by my family when I announce that Im dropping my current career to go to Med School.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Welp, probably tomorrow I'll be lynched by my family when I announce that Im dropping my current career to go to Med School.
Normally people get lynched when they pursue a career that's not medicine.
Anyway, what is it that you're currently doing?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
It's be done before, sure. But I don't think going solo is really the preferable choice. Having a team can go a long way.
It's possible, but yes, it's not quite the best way to go. I would prefer a team myself since I'd probably tear my hair out from the stress if I would have to go into solo design.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sounds pretty heavy. Hopefully it'll work out well. Med school should open up some good career options for you in the future. Maybe it'll work out better than you think. But I'm just one jerk on the internet. so what do I know?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Normally people get lynched when they pursue a career that's not medicine.
Anyway, what is it that you're currently doing?
Im studing Systems Engineering; Im actually good a programming but I just dislike that. I choose that career lying to myself (and with some indirect pressure form family to get a "mainstream" career) and wasted 3 years of my life in something I started hating.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
SR64 EDIT: DO YOU WANT TO BLOODY GO MATE
SHOTS FIRED.gif

Wild Infraction Appeared.png
My god.gif

SEE YOU IN MIIVERSE, SUCKERS!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, looks like I won't be half as active here with college starting and all. Have fun with that. :p

Im studing Systems Engineering; Im actually good a programming but I just dislike that. I choose that career lying to myself (and with some indirect pressure form family to get a "mainstream" career) and wasted 3 years of my life in something I started hating.
Sounds familiar, except that I was pressured into taking Mechanical Engineering, although I wanted to go into Computer Science. Well, atleast I don't hate the subject.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sounds pretty heavy. Hopefully it'll work out well. Med school should open up some good career options for you in the future. Maybe it'll work out better than you think. But I'm just one jerk on the internet. so what do I know?
That's the idea; actually my mom wanted me to be a Doctor and I liked since I was child everything related to science and medicine but I ***** up and chose the wrong career, and with wasted years comes wasted money so that's the main deal of that. My plan is get a job and pay my career and be useful and independent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd do the same, but for the handheld, as it is much easier to develop for. I'd just go for 3D graphics, no doubt. I have the main character ready, but there's lot of stuff left to do. I'm really bad at writing stories so I can't say anything about that.

I'd make test versions for PC first though, but then again, I lack programming skills.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Aww man i'm getting flash backs to Sonic the Fighters. Bark the Polar
Bear is my dude!
Get used to it, cause a modernized Sonic the Fighters is exactly what the next arc is.

And it looks awesoooome. XD

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, looks like I won't be half as active here with college starting and all. Have fun with that. :p

Sounds familiar, except that I was pressured into taking Mechanical Engineering, although I wanted to go into Computer Science. Well, atleast I don't hate the subject.
Computer Science is one of the most useful things you could study around my geographical location.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently fans of the original "John Carter of Mars" loved the Disney movie

The original author's estate has reaquired it from Disney and are looking for a NEW studio to produce a new movie, blaming the failure on Dinsey's advertisement

Maybe we'll get a more accurate looking cast

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Link.
Give me a Link.
NOW, DAMNIT
Here is the Link. :p

Hmm, I've been thinking and this might not be the right thread to post this in, but what if Metroid introduced a new character who I guess you could say isn't involved with Samus, but is part of the universe and does their - I kind of want this character to be a her, though - thing?

So, this new character is also a bounty hunter who ends up saving the universe from doom, etc., but is the opposite of Samus. She's an unsung heroine; she's unknown and nobody thanks her for anything. She's more melee focused while Samus is more ranged focused. She and Samus both explore worlds, gain upgrades from ancient, but highly advanced civilizations, etc. The gameplay is more or less the same, but she needs to get in more to attack, so, kind of like Castlevania or Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It's open; upgrades open the world and backtracking is part of the game. If it's 3D, then it could be like what Other M tried to do, but if it's 2D, then it's like a 2D Metroid game.

So, this character gets established and in a way would represent Metroid like how Wario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi "represent" Mario or she could still be lumped in with Samus and Zero Suit Samus as Metroid characters. Just an idea since there aren't a lot of characters aside from Samus, obviously, and Ridley who are recurring.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've been working on the concept for an adventure game where your primary weapon and tool is a lightning staff that can power and control ancient robots. Obviously I can't really...do anything with it, but I would love to realize the idea.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here is the Link. :p

Hmm, I've been thinking and this might not be the right thread to post this in, but what if Metroid introduced a new character who I guess you could say isn't involved with Samus, but is part of the universe and does their - I kind of want this character to be a her, though - thing?

So, this new character is also a bounty hunter who ends up saving the universe from doom, etc., but is the opposite of Samus. She's an unsung heroine; she's unknown and nobody thanks her for anything. She's more melee focused while Samus is more ranged focused. She and Samus both explore worlds, gain upgrades from ancient, but highly advanced civilizations, etc. The gameplay is more or less the same, but she needs to get in more to attack, so, kind of like Castlevania or Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It's open; upgrades open the world and backtracking is part of the game. If it's 3D, then it could be like what Other M tried to do, but if it's 2D, then it's like a 2D Metroid game.

So, this character gets established and in a way would represent Metroid like how Wario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi "represent" Mario or she could still be lumped in with Samus and Zero Suit Samus as Metroid characters. Just an idea since there aren't a lot of characters aside from Samus, obviously, and Ridley who are recurring.
Nah, should be a guy, Ms.Aran needs a Husbando ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been working on the concept for an adventure game where your primary weapon and tool is a lightning staff that can power and control ancient robots. Obviously I can't really...do anything with it, but I would love to realize the idea.
So, basically the Dominion Rod, but useful throughout the game and not just... one dungeon and some overworld stuff? :p

The rod should be called the Domination Rod and look as similar as possible to the Dominion Rod and the game should highlight its importance OVER AND OVER. Take that, Nintendo. :smash: :shades: Yea. :p

Nah, should be a guy, Ms.Aran needs a Husbando ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
B-but the possibilities for yuri-action! It'd be like...
the ending of the Legend of Korra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom