• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
No like seriously...my family is seriously ****ing backward in a lot of things. Here's a short list of some crazy things they believe in:

• They think Obama is the antichrist
  • My sisters boyfriend went on the internet, read about an started believing this theory about a New World Order that involves the Queen of England and the Denver airport which somehow looks like a swastika (it doesn't by the way) . I don't ****ing get it either
  • My sister and my niece love Twilight. My niece is 4 by the way
  • My nephew likes Call of Duty. He's 7 by the way
  • My brother always comes out with all these crazy religiously charged conspiracy theories like how Obama is trying to make us all atheist or trying to sell us to China (none of which proven true)
  • My parents are religious psychos and believe everything some lady with a bad perm tells them to believe about the world
  • They tried to get me to watch this movie "God's Not Dead" about some kid who challenges his philosophy teacher at his college about science vs religion and try to tell me that this happens at all colleges (they've never stepped foot in an actual university)
(I needed to get that off my chest)
that just bad, It reminds me of the video my sister show me of Cartoon Network have subliminal messages of the illuminati and that the illuminati is link to satanic culture. That video was horrible.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My family is INCREDIBLY racist against asians. Not just Chinese but Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. They make fun of anime if I watch or listen to anything Japanese related, they make fun of the language (generic "ching chong" sounds--you know the usual). What makes this all the more questioning and confusing is that we eat Pho and my mom's really good friends with the asian lady at the laundrymat so its not like they're not getting exposure.

Its kinda scary because I know if I never went to school and made the friends and met the progressive people I've met, I'd probably be just like them. But I have a different mindset and as an English major, I refuse to believe I have family members who enjoy Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey.

I guess you can call them radical because they watch a lot of um...crazy christians and pastors on TV who tell them all this crap.
Humans can be hypocritical at times. My mom claims to not be racist, but she tells me I should never date or marry anyone who's not East Asian or white depending on how pretty they are. I'm also confused because parents say they're Christian, but my mom seems to only pray at Buddhist temples when we go to Asia. I'm the only practicing Christian in my family. Maybe I should stay off the topic of religion before it gets too crazy in here...

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
"Christian" movies are terrible, and I'm pretty sure only some Christians might enjoy them. There might actually be good movies out there, but from the ones I've watched, only a few of them were enjoyable. I would only recommend those ones to Christians.
The Prince of Egypt though... I love that ****ing movie and I'm an Atheist.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You want Matter to die?
Silly Azure Warrior! Didn't your Science class teach you that matter can't be destroyed?
My bad, I should have known his name is spelled "Mater". But I would least care about getting their names right or wrong since I hate the franchise (Please for the love of God don't make a Cars 3, Pixar).

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The Prince of Egypt though... I love that ****ing movie and I'm an Atheist.
Forgot about that movie. I don't think it's strictly a Christian movie though since it's something I think Jewish people can enjoy as well due to it being a part of their text.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Maybe you should get rid of them. If you know what I mean:4villagerf:
I'd rather get rid of myself to be honest...as in move out into a nice secular apartment where I don't have to hear daily verses or have shower curtains that have bible verses on them (no offense if you're into that).

It's all good dude, it's a rant type of night for many tonight. Sounds like your family and mine should go out and go bowling. Both seem to have their fair share of crazy.

By the way, this **** made me chuckle in a somewhat related note.
aethermaster confirmed demon from the 13th layer of hell. Is your family crazy religious too?

I can definitely see why you want to leave your family...
  • They believe in too many conspiracy theories, and apparently they can't think for themselves when it comes to what they believe about the world.
  • I haven't watched the Twilight series, so I can't be taken seriously on my opinion for it. However, I think it's a terrible series based on what I have read about it.
  • Your nephew needs to be exposed to better games. CoD is not aimed for his age, and there are much better games out there IMO. I'm not going to hate on older people who might be into it though.
  • "Christian" movies are terrible, and I'm pretty sure only some Christians might enjoy them. There might actually be good movies out there, but from the ones I've watched, only a few of them were enjoyable. I would only recommend those ones to Christians.
I'm going to agree that their thinking is pretty ridiculous. How long until you are able to live on your own?
Oh believe me they don't think for themselves. I think that's what it boils down to. My mom tried to tell me that Halloween is a satanic holiday and I told her to try to tell that to my niece and nephew and see if they'll start crying or not.

Unfortunately, my nephew isn't under my supervision or else I wouldn't let him be playing that stuff. To give them some credit they do play minecraft but when I saw my nephew come out the other day wearing a Call of Duty sweater I sighed heavily.

I don't have the money to start living on my own just yet but I graduate College by the end of this year so hopefully by the end of 2016 I'm hoping to move out on my own. Its a long time from now but I usually stay in my room, away from the Bible speeches so I'm good. I try to think for myself and have good moral values for myself that happen to overlap with the Bible's teachings.
plus the way the Christian church treats gay people drives me far far away from ever touching a Bible.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Forgot about that movie. I don't think it's strictly a Christian movie though since it's something I think Jewish people can enjoy as well due to it being a part of their text.
Some say it's Christian, but I can see the Jewish influence as well. All I see when I watch it is a beautifully animated movie with great voice acting and well-written story.

aethermaster confirmed demon from the 13th layer of hell. Is your family crazy religious too?
Crazy religious? Not so much, but they do have a level of crazy that matches your family in a sense. I'm fairly sure my family could keep up with the religious talk, the Obama bashing, and the silly conspiracy theories. The derp is also strong, so there's that as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When will be the day / year you will quit Smashboards? Just a question that randomly popped up in my mind.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Its odd that I grew up in the middle of Georgia and ended up being strictly atheist.
Of course it may have something to do with anti-conformism.
All I know is, any time I am somewhere where there's some sort of prayer, they can't see when I roll my eyes...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'd rather get rid of myself to be honest...as in move out into a nice secular apartment where I don't have to hear daily verses or have shower curtains that have bible verses on them (no offense if you're into that).

Oh believe me they don't think for themselves. I think that's what it boils down to. My mom tried to tell me that Halloween is a satanic holiday and I told her to try to tell that to my niece and nephew and see if they'll start crying or not.

Unfortunately, my nephew isn't under my supervision or else I wouldn't let him be playing that stuff. To give them some credit they do play minecraft but when I saw my nephew come out the other day wearing a Call of Duty sweater I sighed heavily.

I don't have the money to start living on my own just yet but I graduate College by the end of this year so hopefully by the end of 2016 I'm hoping to move out on my own. Its a long time from now but I usually stay in my room, away from the Bible speeches so I'm good. I try to think for myself and have good moral values for myself that happen to overlap with the Bible's teachings.
plus the way the Christian church treats gay people drives me far far away from ever touching a Bible.
I'm exactly the same way.

Well, let me verify myself a bit. I'm agnostic, but I'm perfectly fine with other people having religions. I feel like atheism is too fixed towards Christianity instead of Buddhism or stuff like that, so I tend to stay away from religious topics. If someone wants to be religious, good for them, just don't try to rope me into it.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
When will be the day / year you will quit Smashboards? Just a question that randomly popped up in my mind.
Probably when the social thread is phased out, probably still come back for tourneys and the like but the real world has a lot of priority.
When I spam my way to 10,000 posts/likes

I don't know tbh, and that's my post for the night.
I'm off to read Shaman King on muh phone.
Religion talks are when I log off, I'm not religious but ehhhhhhhh

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
When everyone hates me and I have to find somewhere else to go.
When we no longer receive new Smash games.
It seems I've been put on ignore by two people. In a very short amount of time to boot.
Well now I'm just depressed.

No telling how many others have ignored me without rubbing it in my face
I'm already on my way out...

The day I start eating Pocky.
Pocky is yummy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Some say it's Christian, but I can see the Jewish influence as well. All I see when I watch it is a beautifully animated movie with great voice acting and well-written story.
I agree it's a beautifully animated movie with great voice acting and well-written story. I also liked the music in it.

I also like the new avatar of @ Substitution Substitution .

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm exactly the same way.

Well, let me verify myself a bit. I'm agnostic, but I'm perfectly fine with other people having religions. I feel like atheism is too fixed towards Christianity instead of Buddhism or stuff like that, so I tend to stay away from religious topics. If someone wants to be religious, good for them, just don't try to rope me into it.
I'm actually kind of the same way but I'm more of a not serious Deist. In other words I believe in a higher power and people who pass on that watch over us but I don't necessarily believe in Hell or that kind of stuff. Its just something I feel that parents tell children to get them to behave rather than teach them morals and what it means to be a good, caring person. But I would never try to get other people to believe in what I believe.

I feel like we live better in a society that doesn't have the same exact belief system. When people have different belief systems, it fosters growth and a deeper understanding for not only other people's beliefs but yours as well.

I use the penis euphemism for all religions. You can be proud of it and show it off (if you really want), but don't shove it down stranger's throats.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I use the penis euphemism for all religions. You can be proud of it and show it off (if you really want), but don't shove it down stranger's throats.
Wait, you're not supposed to do that? I think I owe many people an apology...

My bad, I should have known his name is spelled "Mater". But I would least care about getting their names right or wrong since I hate the franchise (Please for the love of God don't make a Cars 3, Pixar).
Don't believe anything Matter says, it makes up everything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For some reason Def Jam Fight for New York has Sakurai in the special thanks in the credits. Don't get me wrong, the Def Jam games are good, well, the first two anyway. But for some reason now, I can't help but imagine Sakurai listening to Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The day when I quit being gamer, which will probably be around 35 years old (Though the process of gaming will be slowed down on the days when I'm raising my men seeds in their early childhood).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The day when I quit being gamer, which will probably be around 35 years old (Though the process of gaming will be slowed down on the days when I'm raising my men seeds in their early childhood).
No true gamer has a definite age on when they stop being a gamer.
Especially when that year coincides with the year we learn how to 3D print fictional characters into existence.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure. I wouldn't likely just leave for good. At the most I'd just pop in rarely, until the next game is released. And the begin to constantly talk about characters, new moves and stages and all those shenanigans.

Though part of me wishes that there'd be a little more discussion about fighting games in general. But I'm not a pro or anything, so I couldn't offer as much to that kind of discussion.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh boy, religion. That's a deep topic, and still fairly hurtful to me.

As for what happened with my religion, I was born and raised into it. The first Sunday of last month, I decided to look into the history of it (as I'm a sucker for history). As I was looking at this, I found some really disgusting, unforgivable things about the founder, such as him being a pedo, stealing other people's wives, being a con-man, and not even following his own teachings (that's what I can come up with at the top of my head, there's plenty more). Now, I was already having serious doubts about the church, but this made me go full on athiest. Now I just have to wait until I can move out to tell my family about this, and I'm fairly sure they'll disown me when they do.
Along with all of that, I'm a asexual, genderfluid, panromantic person, which my family would absolutely hate me for, as they are extremely against all the LGBT things. (Hell, I had to tell my 10 year old brother the other day that people aren't going to hell just for being gay).
Lately though, I've been thinking about reincarnation, and how damn cool that may be, and that there are actual facts backing it up too, granted my little brother is starting to think that I believe in that too now, and thinks that I'm only in the church because I'm forced to (which he's completely correct on). I just hope he doesn't ever tell my parents about this until I move out and can provide for myself.

D

Deleted member

When everyone hates me and I have to find somewhere else to go.
When we no longer receive new Smash games.
It seems I've been put on ignore by two people. In a very short amount of time to boot.
Well now I'm just depressed.

No telling how many others have ignored me without rubbing it in my face
I'm already on my way out...

Pocky is yummy.
Why are people ignoring you? I don't get it. Sorry man. :/
Maybe I guess lol.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The day when I quit being gamer, which will probably be around 35 years old.
If I did that, it'd basically be giving up on life. I'll be playing games until I'm dead, or physically unable to do so.

I'd rather hope that I'd be making games at that age.

Why are people ignoring you? I don't get it. Sorry man. :/
I don't even know. First I got ignored for having a different preference in anime, then for jokingly saying that an image made me want to watch Brave. "Be yourself" they say, "you'll make friends" they say. Not even online.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I'll leave when I get bored of this place. I'd probably come back to browse character discussions for tips and tricks and possibly the tourney forum, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom