• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No true gamer has a definite age on when they stop being a gamer.
Especially when that year coincides with the year we learn how to 3D print fictional characters into existence.
If that day should come, I shall print out Tingle, and I'll throw the 3d model at people on the streets. Chaos.
The people who made the printer will realize that they have made a horrible mistake, and they'll destroy the printer, but it will be too late.
Millions will be dead.

Soul.

Someone hacked the game and well....unused sound effects.
Mario's custom moves on this video are the only ones with hitboxes.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If that day should come, I shall print out Tingle, and I'll throw the 3d model at people on the streets. Chaos.
The people who made the printer will realize that they have made a horrible mistake, and they'll destroy the printer, but it will be too late.
Millions will be dead.
You're only scratching the surface.
Imagine if characters from PC Games were in real life.
Honorable Mentions;
The Binding of Issac
Any Valve Game
Don't Starve
Any Valve Game
God of War
ANY FREAKING VALVE GAME

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mario had an ICE FLOWER custom Move?
Daaaang... :(

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You're only scratching the surface.
Imagine if characters from PC Games were in real life.
Honorable Mentions;
The Binding of Issac
Any Valve Game
Don't Starve
Any Valve Game
God of War
ANY FREAKING VALVE GAME
Kratos in real life would be terrifying. But you know who else would be terrifying?

The animals from Zoo Race.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh boy, religion. That's a deep topic, and still fairly hurtful to me.

As for what happened with my religion, I was born and raised into it. The first Sunday of last month, I decided to look into the history of it (as I'm a sucker for history). As I was looking at this, I found some really disgusting, unforgivable things about the founder, such as him being a pedo, stealing other people's wives, being a con-man, and not even following his own teachings (that's what I can come up with at the top of my head, there's plenty more). Now, I was already having serious doubts about the church, but this made me go full on athiest. Now I just have to wait until I can move out to tell my family about this, and I'm fairly sure they'll disown me when they do.
Along with all of that, I'm a asexual, genderfluid, panromantic person, which my family would absolutely hate me for, as they are extremely against all the LGBT things. (Hell, I had to tell my 10 year old brother the other day that people aren't going to hell just for being gay).
Lately though, I've been thinking about reincarnation, and how damn cool that may be, and that there are actual facts backing it up too, granted my little brother is starting to think that I believe in that too now, and thinks that I'm only in the church because I'm forced to (which he's completely correct on). I just hope he doesn't ever tell my parents about this until I move out and can provide for myself.
Sad to hear your belief got pulled out from user you like that.
I can't bring myself to truly believe in reincarnation, but I would vastly prefer it to a definite endpoint.

D

Deleted member

No true gamer has a definite age on when they stop being a gamer.
Especially when that year coincides with the year we learn how to 3D print fictional characters into existence.
inb4 3D printing out Smash Wii U models into figurines. That'd be cool, but I don't think 3D Printers are very common these days, are they?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm, maybe the game originally had 4 attacks per special moves. It'd make sense for Mario to have the Ice Flower version of his Fireball. Makes me wonder what Mega Man and Samus would get. Mega Man definitely has enough to pull from to get a decent 4th moveset from.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I did that, it'd basically be giving up on life. I'll be playing games until I'm dead, or physically unable to do so.

I'd rather hope that I'd be making games at that age..
I'm only half kidding, though the tentative age is still a work of process when taking into account how much working time I'll have when doing illustration. You will have to play games much less when you are taking care of a family or working, preferably on days when you are free or having breaks.

Like for example, my old man loved to play him a video game or two until he became the workaholic that would eventually have to take care of four kids (myself included). When he does play video games however, they are usually ones that he actually played in the past or came out during his high school/college years. He would prefer not to play any of this generation's games, though there are a few exceptions like whether they are innovative, casual titles (Wii Sports, ect.) or fast paced, mature titles (Assassin's Creed 3, ect.).

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Oh boy, religion. That's a deep topic, and still fairly hurtful to me.

As for what happened with my religion, I was born and raised into it. The first Sunday of last month, I decided to look into the history of it (as I'm a sucker for history). As I was looking at this, I found some really disgusting, unforgivable things about the founder, such as him being a pedo, stealing other people's wives, being a con-man, and not even following his own teachings (that's what I can come up with at the top of my head, there's plenty more). Now, I was already having serious doubts about the church, but this made me go full on athiest. Now I just have to wait until I can move out to tell my family about this, and I'm fairly sure they'll disown me when they do.
Along with all of that, I'm a asexual, genderfluid, panromantic person, which my family would absolutely hate me for, as they are extremely against all the LGBT things. (Hell, I had to tell my 10 year old brother the other day that people aren't going to hell just for being gay).
Lately though, I've been thinking about reincarnation, and how damn cool that may be, and that there are actual facts backing it up too, granted my little brother is starting to think that I believe in that too now, and thinks that I'm only in the church because I'm forced to (which he's completely correct on). I just hope he doesn't ever tell my parents about this until I move out and can provide for myself.
I hope someday religious people realize how much damage they're doing to LGBT youth by being so hateful, ignorant, and sometimes violent in the name of their Bible. I'm extremely lucky that my family is actually cool with gays and lesbians since we're so tight knit but other families kicking someone out because of who they are? Anyway kudos to you for thinking for yourself and believing what you want.

Anyway we should really get off this topic since it could stir a pot that I don't wish to stir right now. My parents are telling me they want to get me a tablet for when I graduate even though I was joking when I said I wanted one and I don't really need one. I already have enough electronics as it is and anymore could make my head hurt.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You will have to play games much less when you are taking care of a family or working, preferably on days when you are free or having breaks.
I guess it's a good thing that I'll be forever alone with only a bunch of cats as friends!

Hopefully I'll be working in the game industry someday, so I would constantly be surrounded by games...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm only half kidding, though the tentative age is still a work of process when taking into account how much working time I'll have when doing illustration. You will have to play games much less when you are taking care of a family or working, preferably on days when you are free or having breaks.

Like for example, my old man loved to play him a video game or two until he became the workaholic that would eventually have to take care of four kids (myself included). When he does play video games however, they are usually ones that he actually played in the past or came out during his high school/college years. He would prefer not to play any of this generation's games, though there are a few exceptions like whether they are innovative, casual titles (Wii Sports, ect.) or fast paced, mature titles (Assassin's Creed 3, ect.).
I can understand that feeling. Sometimes you'll find yourself being too busy for your hobbies. Kind of how my parents are at times. But if you dad does play another Assassin's Creed game, he should go for Black Flag, it's one of the better ones in the whole series.

Can't say I'd stop playing games, but I'd likely play them much less whenever I'm busy.

I guess it's a good thing that I'll be forever alone with only a bunch of cats as friends!

Hopefully I'll be working in the game industry someday, so I would constantly be surrounded by games...
Make 'em good. Make 'em reeeeeeeeeeel good.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, I wonder if there will ever be Wind Waker DLC for it.

I can't see them not wanting to include bird waifu as well.

If they add Byrne (Staven if you're European) from Spirit Tracks to Hyrule Warriors, I will be very happy.
It'd be cool in general to see Wind Waker trilogy stuff rendered in a more realistic art style.

Soul.

Hmmm, maybe the game originally had 4 attacks per special moves. It'd make sense for Mario to have the Ice Flower version of his Fireball. Makes me wonder what Mega Man and Samus would get. Mega Man definitely has enough to pull from to get a decent 4th moveset from.
I guess. Custom moves would be slightly varied if the limit was 4 on each special move.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A Mod in the Project M Social Thread on Knuckles said:
nope not gonna happen

- mod
KNUCKLES DECONFIRMED
*Sad Music*

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess. Custom moves would be slightly varied if the limit was 4 on each special move.
Well, it could always be something that's added into the next Smash. I hope Samus gets her Ice Beam. Always did want that to show up in her moveset.

Actually, Wave Beam would be better, and the Ice Missiles could be used instead.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope someday religious people realize how much damage they're doing to LGBT youth by being so hateful, ignorant, and sometimes violent in the name of their Bible. I'm extremely lucky that my family is actually cool with gays and lesbians since we're so tight knit but other families kicking someone out because of who they are? Anyway kudos to you for thinking for yourself and believing what you want.

Anyway we should really get off this topic since it could stir a pot that I don't wish to stir right now. My parents are telling me they want to get me a tablet for when I graduate even though I was joking when I said I wanted one and I don't really need one. I already have enough electronics as it is and anymore could make my head hurt.
Yeah Getting off that, Captain Toad everyone

sour punch straws, I love those
Well I'll be damned, i was thinking about getting those too
http://www.amazon.com/Sour-Punch-St...1420528960&sr=1-11&keywords=sour+punch+straws

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If they add Byrne (Staven if you're European) from Spirit Tracks to Hyrule Warriors, I will be very happy.
It'd be cool in general to see Wind Waker trilogy stuff rendered in a more realistic art style.
Realistic Wind Waker stuff eh?

I can get behind that, especially since it would be interesting seeing any Wind Waker character with a similar style in Hyrule Warriors. :awesome:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Realistic Wind Waker stuff eh?

I can get behind that, especially since it would be interesting seeing any Wind Waker character with a similar style in Hyrule Warriors. :awesome:
Not that this isn't well drawn or anything, but isn't she like, 11 in the Wind Waker? She looks about 15 here. Still well drawn nonetheless.

Speaking of drawing, does anyone have a particular body part they hate drawing? Because I can't stand drawing hands. I still like to draw though, but hands annoy the crap out of me.

D

Deleted member

Game talk? Well, uh, I thought of making a game revolving around my character, but I lack programming skills, so I don't know how would I make it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of drawing, does anyone have a particular body part they hate drawing? Because I can't stand drawing hands. I still like to draw though, but hands annoy the crap out of me.
Hands can be a chore at times when they are clenched or pointing, toes can easily get on my nerves when drawing a barefoot individual, defining the thickness of legs are the hardest when it comes to anything that isn't male, and defining breasts regardless of clothing annoys the hell out of me. I really do want to become a professional sketcher, but the baby steps that you learn regarding these parts are a nightmare. :urg:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe pull a weapon from Mega Man 5, the only game that doesn't have representation. Star Crash (shield) would be a good addition from 5, or even Napalm Bomb.
Napalm Bomb would be a good Side-B. I think Jewel Satelite and Junk Shield would be better options for Down-B's though. Jewel Satelite would be slow but strong as ****. Junk Shield would shoot out in multiple directions.

I wouldn't mind if one of the Mega Man and Bass Weapons got in either, but that's unlikely.

Game talk? Well, uh, I thought of making a game revolving around my character, but I lack programming skills, so I don't know how would I make it.
What kind of game would it be? Platfomer? Fighter? RPG? The important thing is to at least come up with an idea. What kind of enemies would your character go up against, if any at all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is my exact problem.

I have so many ideas for games, but I can't program or anything. Though it would take a team to make a proper game.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Not that this isn't well drawn or anything, but isn't she like, 11 in the Wind Waker? She looks about 15 here. Still well drawn nonetheless.

hands I hate hands, I always mess them up mostly the fingers and looking at my own hand doesn't help.:glare:

Soul.

Well, it could always be something that's added into the next Smash. I hope Samus gets her Ice Beam. Always did want that to show up in her moveset.

Actually, Wave Beam would be better, and the Ice Missiles could be used instead.
It would be a good idea but like many others have said in previous pages and threads, it's too early to talk about a future Smash.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hands can be a chore at times when they are clenched or pointing, toes can easily get on my nerves when drawing a barefoot individual, defining the thickness of legs are the hardest when it comes to anything that isn't male, and defining breasts regardless of clothing annoys the hell out of me. I really do want to become a professional sketcher, but the baby steps that you learn regarding these parts are a nightmare. :urg:
I think I do a decent job on the arms, legs, torso waist and hair. Well, at least for a guy who has absolutely no professional training. I don't draw bare feet often, but I'm okay at drawing shoes, but I could definitely get better in that regard. I've still got a ways to go to be really really good myself. I hope to get some animation or comic job myself. I have a harder time drawing faces, especially for female characters. I drew some of the X-Men characters before, and I have trouble with Storm's face, but her hair was fairly easy.

Most of the stuff I draw is super hero or video game stuff. Spider-Man, DBZ, Batman, Mega Man, Mario and so on. But I've slowly, but surely expanding my horizons.

Just recently, I drew this Tex Avery styled character. Just to do something a little different. I also made some some space knight dude. Still got a long way to go, but I'm trying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What kind of game would it be? Platfomer? Fighter? RPG? The important thing is to at least come up with an idea. What kind of enemies would your character go up against, if any at all.
I thought of it being a platformer. Things like that get in my head and so I think about it. And nope, I haven't thought of supporting characters / enemies / anything yet.

I have so many ideas for games, but I can't program or anything. Though it would take a team to make a proper game.
Indeed; I'd be just the artist and creator. That's it. So if you don't have a team working on a game, I don't know how would you make it if you're not skilled on a profession.. that's what sucks about it, but oh well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It would be a good idea but like many others have said in previous pages and threads, it's too early to talk about a future Smash.
I suppose, but I just like to talk about movesets. Custom moves is one of my favorite things in Smash I'd like to see where it goes from here on.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

Well, the first thing you can do is write down the basic ideas of your game, give it about 4-5 pages. From there, you can start writing out a game document to fully flesh out your features, characters, story, items, etc. These can get lengthy, especially RPGs. (they can go 150+ pages) The first step to Game Design is to document what you want in the game. This'll give your programmers an idea to what to work on to implement them into the game and to see the limitations. They will figure out what is possible and what's not to program in. Artists also reference the document for what the game should look like, while musicians/sound people get the idea of what style of music should be used. It's a very important piece.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I was going to say not all churches do that to LGBT people as I've been to churches that have accepted them, but yeah we should move on from that topic.

I'm wondering if I should get a new Wii U Gamepad or wait until the police actually does something about the case to see if they can recover mine...It's not like I have Smash 4 yet, and I still need to focus more on getting a better job.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, the first thing you can do is write down the basic ideas of your game, give it about 4-5 pages. From there, you can start writing out a game document to fully flesh out your features, characters, story, items, etc. These can get lengthy, especially RPGs (they can go 150+ pages)
I've already been doing something like this over the course of years.

Though I don't have everything written down, I do have it safely locked in my head.

For most of my game ideas, if I tried to write it all down, I may as well be writing novels.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm on the same boat as well. I tried learning Javascript for a while, but gave up due to a lack of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom