• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about just not being a Japanese/ Anime trope

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm starting to wonder what the next console's controller would look like. The easiest route would be to take the Wii U Classic Pro controller and tweak it. Another possibility is to update the GCN controller like having a full set of triggers and bumpers, making the C-stick into another analog stick, adding a select button, increasing the size of the d-pad, etc. That would make the controller similar to the others, but still unique unlike the Classic Pro which looks like a 360 controller with the right sets of buttons and analog stick switched.

Then there's the insanity of Nintendo. Who knows what they'll come up with. Maybe it'll look like a regular controller... BUT WITH BUTTONS ON THE BOTTOM!!! *cue scary music* :p
Some people want Nintendo to make a gimmick-free console like the GameCube, but you know, marketing a console that has no significant features could be a problem these days. Honestly, I don't understand such people. What would make the console sell then?

I for one think they'd go with the Wii U Pro Controller route.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Whenever anime is brought up, my mind automatically starts quoting Egoraptor's Girlchan in Paradise.

"I used up all of my strength performing the shi...the shiken patsu baku matsu hatsu datsu technique."

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I uploaded a great response video last month. Didn't show it here yet as I wanted to use it when we were talking about a game that's shunned by the gaming community. Problem is, either I wasn't around when such game was talked about or there any talk of one.

I've grown tired of waiting so I'll just post the video:

Feel free to use it yourself when such a game talk happens.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it the Silver Saga? :troll:
No, The New Black Arms Saga with the remaining of the black aliens that Shadow had fought. I'll let you know that the edge is real with this one, mostly due to the existence of Eclipse the Darkling.

Before I've read this issue, I had seen a video that point out the many problems with Shadow the Hedgehog's game from plot holes to animation errors. It's basically a parody of Cinema Sin's with the same cynical points and hilarious responses to each "sin". The original uploader had also done a video on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure 2, both which were equally as good as the Shadow video with even more funnier jokes (Calling Dark Gaia the "Hentai Monster", joking about Eggman having morality in the end despite his previous plans, ect).

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Some people want Nintendo to make a gimmick-free console like the GameCube, but you know, marketing a console that has no significant features could be a problem these days. Honestly, I don't understand such people. What would make the console sell then?

I for one think they'd go with the Wii U Pro Controller route.
Technically, if you look at the PS4 and Xbone, they have no gimmicks, with the exception of Kinect, but that's because they've aced their marketing to show what features are in their consoles. Nintendo hasn't done a good job at showing off anything the Wii U can do, and even if they did, it's nowhere near as comparable as PS4 and Xbones marketing.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
No, The New Black Arms Saga with the remaining of the black aliens that Shadow had fought. I'll let you know that the edge is real with this one, mostly due to the existence of Eclipse the Darkling.

Before I've read this issue, I had seen a video that point out the many problems with Shadow the Hedgehog's game from plot holes to animation errors. It's basically a parody of Cinema Sin's with the same cynical points and hilarious responses to each "sin". The original uploader had also done a video on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure 2, both which were equally as good as the Shadow video with even more funnier jokes (Calling Dark Gaia the "Hentai Monster", joking about Eggman having morality in the end despite his previous plans, ect).
I was jk. I loooove me some archie sonic comix. The echidnas' history is my fav. The dark brotherhood, the guardians, it's all great.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That love Hina girl is a tsundere to a pretty ridiculous degree

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Do I have your attention no?
HOW DARE THEY PUT RIN HERE?!
Asuka, Kirusu, Videl, Syaoran, Louise, Taiga, and Kirino (I don't know the rest). Now all that's left is Hana from Prison School and boy does she make all of these girls look sane.

Last edited:

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
People really need to stop complaining about someone replacing someone else, (Like Duck Hunt) Sakurai has already stated multiple times that if a character is going to be in, it is not in place of something else. I guess the fanbase doesn't listen to sakurai, except for the big parts I guess.

D

Deleted member

Finally got myself a Gamecube controller adapter today. So happy. n_n

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That girl from Black Rock Shooter wasnt yandere, she was just a *****
***** ≠ Yandere
She was **** crazy for Yomi's love, treated Moto horribly so she can have Yomi only to herself and her other self looked very plesant at torturing BRS.

****? Yeah. Not yeandere? I don't agree with you.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
People really need to stop complaining about someone replacing someone else, (Like Duck Hunt) Sakurai has already stated multiple times that if a character is going to be in, it is not in place of something else. I guess the fanbase doesn't listen to sakurai, except for the big parts I guess.
B-b-but Duck Hunt replaced the Ice Climbers!

I'm not being serious here.

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Let me say this, Snips and Snails are, the most over hated characters in the Brony community, they are hated due to voice, replacement, working with villain, and wished they don't exist. But I think they (Snips, and Snails) have unnecessary hate , I will be going reasons, and saying about people arguments.
I think the hate is unnecessary to these characters because there have always have been people who look awful when young, and look cool, bada**, and cute when grown, there's always been people who become better then their young selves, so why hate them when we people don't see these characters full potential, we don't see them yet (at least in my opinion), so why hate them?
For agurments:
"Their voices are awful"
True, but again not full potential. P.S. Snails voice is the same guy that voices inuyasha.
"I wish they don't exist!" ( That's not an argument but I putting on here anyway)
Well that's harsh for those colts (Which are young), they are too young to be nonexistent, what it would have been me that's like that?
"They replace Derpy"
So that means, to maybe you guys that Twist replace Bonbon, so that means she shouldn't exist. Also I don't think they replace derpy because they have yet both appear in one, or two episodes, including Equestria Girls (one and two). Also there's a difference between mental problems, and being low intelligent.
"They always work with the villain."
Well not always, and true they do work with the villain (Well only once) but that doesn't mean they are intentionally evil, they're just mindless sheep.
I feel like people don't even care for these guys, and never give them a chance to shine, there's still possibilities of these two, Snips will maybe be a great barber, while Snails will be a amazing Scientist.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ha, then that means I'm safe. I mean, who would think this face looks handsome? :p
Unizuka vs. Koro-Sensei plz.

They're all the same **** to me.
Now that I mention it, Hana is more of a yandere than a tsudere since her anger can be borderline psychotic at times. Seriously, Prison School is one of those works that make you feel you your reading a feminist fict with the male abuse and all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Seeing people hate on anime/characters I like is kind of depressing.
People have different opinions, if you don't like something, you don't have to bad mouth it.

It's weird, because I rarely watch anime. I guess it's because I get attached to the ones that I do enjoy.

[collapse=]Conversely, if I say one bad word about DBZ, Naruto, Pirate Friends, or Washing Detergent, there would surely be a large amount of raging fans after me. [/collapse]

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Since you were talking about Hyrule Warriors, if you are thinking about buying it, you should. It's really fun and it honestly feel more like a strategy game than a hack-and-slash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Asuka, Kirusu, Videl, Syaoran, Louise, Taiga, and Kirino (I don't know the rest). Now all that's left is Hana from Prison School and boy does she make all of these girls look sane.
Asuka, Kurisu, Videl, Syaoran, Louise, Taiga, Kirino, Rin and Mein/Mine. (However you want to spell it)

Anywho~ *moves Taiga to the Good side* A Tsundere that eventually stops being tsun and goes full dere is a good one and BOY does she go there later on. I'd say the same for Videl, but... *takes her off the the list entirely* Videl never really played hard to get with Gohan. When she knew that she liked him, she made it pretty damn obvious.

All of the other ones can stay, but they're all what I call Counterfeit Tsunderes. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Counterfeit Tsundere

There's True ones that do indeed start off indifferent or against the MC but eventually grow to like him over time and once they hit a certain point, stop being difficult and are basically very honest with them and loyal to them. Very caring. Then you have the fake ones that keep needlessly trying to play hard to get and act like they don't like them and keep doing it all of the goddamn time and never ever change for more than 2 seconds before switching back to being ******.

A recent example is the anime Trinity Seven which has 2 tsunderes. A Real one and a Counterfeit one. Lilith, being your typical boring sorta lead girl character, is the fake one that keeps trying to play it like she doesn't like Arata but gets mad at literally everything that happens around him, especially if it involves girls. Keep in mind that she doesn't even know the guy. Mira, on the other hand, is the true one who makes it pretty damn clear that she doesn't like Arata, and for an understandable reason considering her job, but does open up and warm up to him a bit and eventually gets to the point to where while she still has her personal values for herself, she obviously sees him in a much better light, addresses him differently, and really likes him and wants to support him. Meanwhile, Lilith is still trying to play games with her own feelings while the entire rest of the harem has no qualms in blatantly stating that they either like Arata or just plain want his big Demonic D.

There are waaay more of the Counterfeit tsunderes than the real ones in anime these days and are pretty much the reason why lots of people, especially myself, have grown sick and tired of them. Rin from the Fate series (black hair, twin-tails, red shirt, REALLY short skirt in the picture) is yet another one since it's clear as day to everyone, even the incredibly oblivious Shirou, that she feels something for him and keeps acting out a certain way towards him that goes against the mindset she often states to live by for a reason.

If you're doing to have a girl be a little difficult, that's fine and all, but let her actually develop enough of a brain to realize she needs to grow back it, cut the crap and tell the guy what she thinks before somebody else swoops up and snatches him, which almost happened to Louise in Familiar of Zero because despite being the main girl of the show, she was the absolute weakest and least interesting thing about the whole series. But because of how they wrote it, not matter how much of a boring ***** she was, she was still gonna get with Saito in the end because the plot demanded it.

If a girl likes a guy, just have her ****ing like him instead of going through an endless cycles of games and literal abuse already! Otherwise, move out of the way for the more interesting girls or just don't have a romance sub-plot at all!

The real issue here is that Japan for some reason thinks the following and loves to state it in anime and manga:

"The more people fight, the closer they actually are and the more they really like each other. If they don't fight much, that just means they aren't close enough to fight."

If that's not the most bassackwards bull**** I've ever heard of...Well, it actually isn't, but ti's still pretty freakin' stupid. Not every group of people ever is stuck on Opposite Day 24/7. Nine times out of ten, if I tell someone I hate their guts and want to break their faces in, I really mean that I want to break their faces in! And I'm certainly not of the belief that any girl that outright bullies and humiliates a guy constantly is only doing it because they actually really like him. That's absolutely stupid. Admittedly not entirely unheard of, especially in my case, but certainly not the most common and obvious reason either.

For ****'s sake, Japan, how about just letting characters like each other? It doesn't have to be overly mushy, we have shoujo stories for that...which can get pretty darn dramatic and intense in a dark way, actually, but just enough to where we can see two people actually acting like they do in fact enjoy each other's company. Is that so much to ask? I really don't think it is...but I'm sure they do.

------------------

tl;dr : Counterfeit/Modern tsunderes SUCK. Kuuderes, Danderes and ones that are full "Deredere" are better anyway.

Anime/Manga rant over.

So, how is everybody tonight? I just woke up from a nap. =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom