• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
CD's in Japan are more expensive period. Not just because of the cheap obi strip, but just in general.
Indeed! Japanese CDs (or any Japanese product) has the retail price on its OBI strip (usually at the front) to tell the consumer how to price the product. I just browsed a couple of them and saw that a lot of them have a retail price of 3,000 yen (or I call it $30). Used Japanese CDs are actually quite inexpensive if it's common. I can see prices around the $6-10 range. However, a lot of them don't specify the condition of it (it always appears "very good" with the same description. All the sellers are different. Sheesh.) As a side note, most $10-albums on the Japanese iTunes are 2,100 yen. Don't ask me why.

By far, the least I had to spend for a NEW Japanese CD was a whopping $12 (Amazon prime, so no shipping fees). What's even more incredible is that I didn't really that much on particular CDs. Utada Hikaru is one of my favorite musicians and I got one album for $12, and one for $15. I also got a "like-new" condition for $10, but eh, everything fell apart, so cannot say it was "like-new". I also got a used one for $4, which the CD is the rarest of the rare, and it was completely like a new CD. Talk about awesome.

However, the most expensive Japanese imports are the CD+DVD. Most of these are well-around the average of over $50! They usually sell for around 3,500 yen (you may assume what I'd call it), and yes, with shipping fees them come to the aforementioned it comes to the "average."

All in all, Japanese CDs are expensive, but thanks to my high threshold of paying for expensive things, I can take it.

I order figures from Japan, I actually usually get them with no shipping

But at the same time, they are charging me more than they cost to buy in Japan
Most prices that are presented already include the shipping fees (or whatever the fee truly is to make the price expensive). That's why most Japanese imports appear expensive, even though shipping is free...

...if you're saying that you got it at a price similar to ours, then you purchased it from a very generous seller. Give them a hug.

Wait, 2,000 yen is the same as 20 dollars? Do they have inflation worst than Uganda or something?
Not exactly! As the yen value increases, the less value it is in US Dollars.

The true value of 2,000 yen (yes, I look this up) is $16.73. 10,000 yen (or "$100") is $83.64. So take 83.64% of the yen value and then divide by 100 (since most products in yen are in the thousands) and you'll get the price in American dollars.

I need to take your sig and put it to music now
Find "Hello Kitty" by Avril Lavigne. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think ORAS is fine its just...idk. There isn't the same feel that it had from the originals and from Black and White (my personal favorite Pokemon games). Then agin I've yet to finish it so....

I guess I'm a sucker for a good story idk...

How is everyone today?
Trying to order Japanese candy off amazon

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the next batch of Hyrule Warriors DLC (the Majora's Mask pack) is being released sometime this month, adding 2 more (yet unknown) characters. Can't wait!

Also, an interview has surfaced with some new info (do note this interview was made before North America got the game so some things could have changed since then). Here's some noteworthy parts:

Tingle? Was considered but Aonuma didn't think it was a good idea.

Online co-op? Maybe in updates.

Sequel? Hard to say as they didn't have North America/Europe sales at the time.

I want a sequel plz.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think ORAS is fine its just...idk. There isn't the same feel that it had from the originals
I really don't understand this yet I keep hearing it. My very first pokemon game was emerald. I grew up with gen 3, yet I find ORAS 3x better then the originals. I haven't even beaten it yet. :/

I mean everything is better to me. So much incredibly mechanics, and even contests were touched up a bit. (I really don't like the real life thing they do during them though).

It could potentially be for me how I didn't even care for it until I started playing it since I was much more occupied with how smash came out, so my expectations weren't as ridiculous as X/Y as well as I wasn't burnt out. Burn out always is a problem with me and games.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I really don't understand this yet I keep hearing it. My very first pokemon game was emerald. I grew up with gen 3, yet I find ORAS 3x better then the originals. I haven't even beaten it yet. :/

I mean everything is better to me. So much incredibly mechanics, and even contests were touched up a bit. (I really don't like the real life thing they do during them though).

It could potentially be for me how I didn't even care for it until I started playing it since I was much more occupied with how smash came out, so my expectations weren't as ridiculous as X/Y as well as I wasn't burnt out. Burn out always is a problem with me and games.
It's a lot better than Ruby/Sapphire indeed. Emerald had the Battle Frontier which meant more offline fun (Battle Factory!). I don't know, but the Maison is boring to me. I have to admit I was 100% convinced we would get Battle Frontier in ORAS because of the Suicune event being in HGSS too, so I am biased here.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's a lot better than Ruby/Sapphire indeed. Emerald had the Battle Frontier which meant more offline fun (Battle Factory!). I don't know, but the Maison is boring to me. I have to admit I was 100% convinced we would get Battle Frontier in ORAS because of the Suicune event being in HGSS too, so I am biased here.
Just hope that Game Freak is working on Battle Frontier DLC for the forseeable future.

I loved Battle Frontier in Emerald the most. There were a variety of challenges that put a different spin on Pokemon Battles, which made them more replayable and tricky to master. The Battle Maison is just the Battle Tower you see in every generation. Not innovative.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just hope that Game Freak is working on Battle Frontier DLC for the forseeable future.

I loved Battle Frontier in Emerald the most. There were a variety of challenges that put a different spin on Pokemon Battles, which made them more replayable and tricky to master. The Battle Maison is just the Battle Tower you see in every generation.
Unfortunately that's not gonna happen. GF already said they didn't bring BF back because the 'kiddies wouldn't like that' or something.
Gen 4 Battle Frontier was also pretty great.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Unfortunately that's not gonna happen. GF already said they didn't bring BF back because the 'kiddies wouldn't like that' or something.
Okay, then I don't respect that at all. You put in an "Under Construction" area in ORAS that is clearly linked to the creation of the Battle Frontier. Yet you ain't making it.

That's just an awful tease. Why put it in there at all? Continuity? In a Pokemon story?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Okay, then I don't respect that at all. You put in an "Under Construction" area in ORAS that is clearly linked to the creation of the Battle Frontier. Yet you ain't making it.

That's just an awful tease. Why put it in there at all? Continuity? In a Pokemon story?
It's kind of a slap in the face for Battle Frontier-fans. And even if we did get BF DLC, they could give us just the Battle Tower because 'It's the only thing that's currently under construction at the Battle Resort so this is all you get LOL and also because Ruby/Sapphire LOL'.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Only specific foods can have aura. For example!

And cotton fluff does not count as aura!
Of course I do. If I am talking to you, then that implies that I am living in some manner. I mean, unless all this time you've been talking to no one and I am merely a figment of our collective imagination. But that's probably not the case.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Of course I do. If I am talking to you, then that implies that I am living in some manner. I mean, unless all this time you've been talking to no one and I am merely a figment of our collective imagination. But that's probably not the case.
Nah, you are just in denial.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So the next batch of Hyrule Warriors DLC (the Majora's Mask pack) is being released sometime this month, adding 2 more (yet unknown) characters. Can't wait!

Also, an interview has surfaced with some new info (do note this interview was made before North America got the game so some things could have changed since then). Here's some noteworthy parts:

Tingle? Was considered but Aonuma didn't think it was a good idea.

Online co-op? Maybe in updates.

Sequel? Hard to say as they didn't have North America/Europe sales at the time.

I want a sequel plz.
Damn I wanted tingle

Strofirko

Smash Master
To finish my night here:
People who wants a game based solely on captain falcon are damaging the f-zero fanbase.
GOODNIGHT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom