• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
MARK MY WORDS, HEATHEN!

YE WILL LEAVE THY SOLID FORM AND RETURN BACK TO WHENCE YE CAME!
Oh sure, sure.
I come in, give you all a bunch of freakin' gifts, and this is how I'm treated eh? Well fine.
Never liked the place anyway... :glare:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I really don't understand this yet I keep hearing it. My very first pokemon game was emerald. I grew up with gen 3, yet I find ORAS 3x better then the originals. I haven't even beaten it yet. :/

I mean everything is better to me. So much incredibly mechanics, and even contests were touched up a bit. (I really don't like the real life thing they do during them though).

It could potentially be for me how I didn't even care for it until I started playing it since I was much more occupied with how smash came out, so my expectations weren't as ridiculous as X/Y as well as I wasn't burnt out. Burn out always is a problem with me and games.
This so much. Ruby was my first, and Omega Ruby far exceeds it IMO.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the next batch of Hyrule Warriors DLC (the Majora's Mask pack) is being released sometime this month, adding 2 more (yet unknown) characters. Can't wait!

Also, an interview has surfaced with some new info (do note this interview was made before North America got the game so some things could have changed since then). Here's some noteworthy parts:

Tingle? Was considered but Aonuma didn't think it was a good idea.

Online co-op? Maybe in updates.

Sequel? Hard to say as they didn't have North America/Europe sales at the time.

I want a sequel plz.
Tingle? Was considered but Aonuma didn't think it was a good idea.
but Aonuma didn't think it was a good idea.

No Tingle? Bull****, they are only doing this for the sake of pleasing the fanbase and I knew that they would be childish enough to not let it go after all these years. Yeah, Tingle did steal all your precious rupees for Triforce Charts in the past but that was nearly 13 years ago and people still couldn't move on from that? At this point, I'll just accept Kafei as the second character and call it a day.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

No Tingle? Bull****, they are only doing this for the sake of pleasing the fanbase and I knew that they would be childish enough to not let it go after all these years. Yeah, Tingle did steal all your precious rupees for Triforce Charts in the past but that was nearly 13 years ago and people still couldn't move on from that? At this point, I'll just accept Kafei as the second character and call it a day.
unless they make him NOT creepy, I wont take him.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericansHateTingle
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 sorry to cut the session short. Gotta get home. GG
That's fine. GG.

Anyone else wanna play any matches?

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
They didn't include Tingle because there is a far superior choice.

In fact, I'm looking at him right now.

It will be the Happy Mask Salesman's time to shine.

First Hyrule Warriors, and then Smash Bros.
I thought that's why he included the gif...I guess Happy Mask Salesman was obvious only to me. My mind works in strange ways

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess Happy Mask Salesman was obvious only to me. My mind works in strange ways
The Happy Mask Salesman was the only choice and the first thing I thought of when they said Majora's Mask DLC.

Getting him as Smash DLC would be icing on the cake. Too bad someone thought it was a good idea to lock my support thread...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They didn't include Tingle because there is a far superior choice.

In fact, I'm looking at him right now.

It will be the Happy Mask Salesman's time to shine.

First Hyrule Warriors, and then Smash Bros.
Now that you mention it, I would definitely like the HMS WAAAAAY more than Kafei since he's what made the game good. There's plenty of moveset potential with the many masks that he has and I can already imagine how good he would look in Hyrule Warriors's graphics. *drools*

While Kafei is a cool dude and all, the Happy Mask Salesman is superior in terms of memorability and character. Sorry Kafei fans, but you'll just have to see the childlike fox kid shine some other time in the spectrum. One thing I really hope is that they bring back the salesman's original voice actor since it wouldn't be the same without him.

Soul.

So have they found a new idea for F-Zero or just decided that they didn't need one?
As for the controller issue, is it the lack of analogue triggers?
Anyway I'm looking forward to more Star Fox news.
I dunno. If they had a proper controller they would make an F-Zero game. But eh. Who knows.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
The Happy Mask Salesman was the only choice and the first thing I thought of when they said Majora's Mask DLC.

Getting him as Smash DLC would be icing on the cake. Too bad someone thought it was a good idea to lock my support thread...
Now that you mention it, I would definitely like the HMS WAAAAAY more than Kafei since he's what made the game good. There's plenty of moveset potential with the many masks that he has and I can already imagine how good he would look in Hyrule Warriors's graphics. *drools*

While Kafei is a cool dude and all, the Happy Mask Salesman is superior in terms of memorability and character. Sorry Kafei fans, but you'll just have to see the childlike fox kid shine some other time in the spectrum. One thing I really hope is that they bring back the salesman's original voice actor since it wouldn't be the same without him.
I would love if his announcement trailer would start out pitch black, and then we hear the signature laugh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To finish my night here:
People who wants a game based solely on captain falcon are damaging the f-zero fanbase.
GOODNIGHT.
What if it's a spin off game made after a new, eventual, please exist F-Zero game?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If the Happy Mask Salesman really is one of the characters, I'm going to go out and buy Hyrule Warriors immediately and download the DLC ASAP. Ruto and Midna had me pretty close, and Medli would probably push me over the edge...

But getting the chance to play as my favorite Zelda character would force the money out of my wallet.

We should force the mods to reopen the Smash DLC support thread for him too.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
So have they found a new idea for F-Zero or just decided that they didn't need one?
Most likely. The triggers are awful for racing games and F-Zero would suffer a lot if that were to happen. I think any GCN game that requires analogue triggers would never arrive as VC on the Wii U as a result. They messed up badly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, couldn't they in theory just use the GC adapters for Smash for a Wii U F-Zero game? Since iirc it does have triggers.

And it doesn't even have to be a "new" F-Zero game for me. A simple GX HD Port with online play and custom track builder = shut up and take my money Nintendo.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm starting to wonder what the next console's controller would look like. The easiest route would be to take the Wii U Classic Pro controller and tweak it. Another possibility is to update the GCN controller like having a full set of triggers and bumpers, making the C-stick into another analog stick, adding a select button, increasing the size of the d-pad, etc. That would make the controller similar to the others, but still unique unlike the Classic Pro which looks like a 360 controller with the right sets of buttons and analog stick switched.

Then there's the insanity of Nintendo. Who knows what they'll come up with. Maybe it'll look like a regular controller... BUT WITH BUTTONS ON THE BOTTOM!!! *cue scary music* :p

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I meant more like was this at a tournament or something?

I dunno, but education in general either teaches you the same thing over and over or expects you to know everything before the class is even taught.

I remember people talking about 5th graders in geometry, middle schoolers in algebra 2, and high school kids in college level math classes...
Lol sorry, no we were doing matches for fun.
Late reply :teeth
Does anyone else tend to just tear through games? I beat Omega Ruby in 3 days, and A Link Between Worlds in a week :p
I feel ashamed that Fire Emblem Awakening took me a couple of days

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Hmm, couldn't they in theory just use the GC adapters for Smash for a Wii U F-Zero game? Since iirc it does have triggers.

And it doesn't even have to be a "new" F-Zero game for me. A simple GX HD Port with online play and custom track builder = shut up and take my money Nintendo.
You and about ~30k would buy that. Nintendo don't want to take that chance.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Do I have your attention now?
HOW DARE THEY PUT RIN HERE?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom