• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

SPEAKING OF WHICH, GUESS WHAT ISSUE I'M ABOUT TO READ? =D

Knuckles the Chuckles Oh No vs. Ow the Edge.. this is indeed a Total Eclipse after all.
The text that says "SONIC UNIVERSE | 67" must be the font called Vipnagorgialla (used in SA2 and Heroes). I could be mistaken of course.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'd rather be good enough to have a ****ty spinoff or two than be bad enough to only have no one know who I am outside of a racing crossover side-series save for a small niche. ¦D

Then again, I don't like any of the SEGA characters outside of Sonic save for Nights, the Super Monkey Ball monkeys, Samba de Amigo and Ulala, but they've all crossovered with him so go figure. XD
What about All Star Racing + Transformed?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

So how's working in a retail store working out Alex?
Pretty good actually. I like to consider it "preserving a masterpiece" rather being run into the ground like that other character.

I'd rather be good enough to have a ****ty spinoff or two than be bad enough to only have no one know who I am outside of a racing crossover side-series save for a small niche. ¦D
...With said franchise who's only good Sonic game in 2014 was Smash Bros.

What did Knuckles do to you?
Have a lack of humor of course.

R0Y

Smash Master
No.
It was my reply to you saying this, "King K. Rool (get it? King Cruel)"
Maybe it was sarcastic, but if it wasn't, then it's a statement worthy of a facepalm.
If it WAS sarcastic, then it was a bad use of sarcasm.
No...really, then the quote of everything I said without bolding or removing everything was lazy and made no sense. A lot of people hate on DK64 for no reason and a lot of people don't know why K. Rool is named K. Rool. Double facepalm, so to the ignore list you go, good riddance.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I thought Tooie's world were like barren wastelands with nothing to do. Collectibles are scarce compared to DK64 and enemies are also rare and weak. The main featured that I liked was more than on boss fight.
Tooie's worlds were huge and expansive, with tons of things to do. Unless you've already finished everything and go back, in which case it's fairly obvious why there's nothing to do. Even if you don't like running around, they have warp pads.

The reason that notes were bundled together was to save space, as Tooie didn't use the expansion pack like DK64 did. As for the enemies, well, they were never the main attraction, rather a small annoyance. Plus they respawned anyway.
Having said that, I can understand the complaints around DK64 as it really called for you to go around and collect a lot of the content to complete it (especially if you did want that 100%), but I still enjoyed it. I liked going around the different levels with those five characters and finding what else I could get out of the levels with them, it made each visit a bit more special when I had more to look for.
I actually enjoy backtracking quite a bit, just running around in a level is fun to me. Five different characters is just too much for me though, it becomes monotonous at that point. With Banjo, he and Kazooie could do everything on their own functionally as a single unit except for the few split up pads in Tooie, which functioned far better in practice than the character swapping barrels in DK64.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can confirm this. He does not, in fact, chuckle unlike Sonic.
Indeed, especially not while he's hungry as I heard him once say in a remix:

"While I'm hungry, ain't nothin' funny. Mah philosophy's mah Knuckles. Mah feet kick like Chun Li."

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I'd totally pay to go see this.
And only you would say that
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon At the tournament yesterday there was a guy in a Rocket shirt and I thought it could be you, but I never asked.
Pff, that guy was just advertising me. Next time tell him some internet roleplayer on a forum he's probably never heard of said Thanks.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You can still play those games if it's just the CPad. Just use the DPad instead.
My issue is that the Circle Pad is stuck in the Up position. Even if I use the DPad, it's still going upwards.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No...really, then the quote of everything I said without bolding or removing everything was lazy and made no sense. A lot of people hate on DK64 for no reason and a lot of people don't know why K. Rool is named K. Rool. Double facepalm, so to the ignore list you go, good riddance.
I bolded the words that I was referring to in your po- ah **** it. Of all reasons to put someone on ignore, I'd say that would be the most petty. Trying to make you understand just isn't worth it.
Honestly, It's like you're trying to make me mad.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I bolded the words that I was referring to in your po- ah **** it. Of all reasons to put someone on ignore, I'd say that would be the most petty. Trying to make you understand just isn't worth it.
Can I try?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I come from watching Big Hero 6 (FINALLY), here's what I think:

Hiro is fine, Baymax is FREAKING ADORABLE, Fred though a bit of an archetype still gave me many laughs, Wasabi was one of my favs with being the straight man, Gogo and Honey are officially part of my waifu list now,
Tadashi's death was sniffy, Callaghan being the villain is a plot twist I saw from nearly his introduction, Baymax sacrifice is one of the best in any Disney movie that made me cry like my li'l sis, Stan Lee's cameo was epic as always

Overall, not best Disney movie, but still very good and worth to watch.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Eh, he always does that to people. Don't let it bother you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hiro is fine, Baymax is FREAKING ADORABLE, Fred though a bit of an archetype still gave me many laughs, Wasabi was one of my favs with being the straight man, Gogo and Honey are officially part of my waifu list now,
Tadashi's death was sniffy, Callaghan being the villain is a plot twist I saw from nearly his introduction, Baymax sacrifice is one of the best in any Disney movie that made me cry like my li'l sis

I still need to go see it. Luckily I've managed to avoid spoiling anything so far, minus the After-Credits Scene.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Tadashi's death was sniffy, Callaghan being the villain is a plot twist I saw from nearly his introduction, Baymax sacrifice is one of the best in any Disney movie that made me cry like my li'l sis

I still need to see these movie myself. I mainly wanna see it for Gogo, but I'm curious for the whole thing in general, too.

R0Y

Smash Master
So, what are you guys expecting in the next Direct? For me it's:

-New 3DS EU/NA reveal and release
-Xenoblade and Majora's Mask 3D release dates
-Super Mario Sunshine HD
-More Splatoon info and a launch month
-Release date in Japan for Xenoblade Chronicles X, and confirmation of 2015 elsewhere
-Brief tease of Zelda U
-Mewtwo, tournaments, and Miiverse stage in Smash tease
-Eternal Darkness HD, remake, or sequel, by Retro
-Bravely Second announcement for the west/being published by Square Enix themselves this time.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

-Super Mario Sunshine HD
-Release date in Japan for Xenoblade Chronicles X, and confirmation of 2015 elsewhere
-Brief tease of Zelda U
When was the last one?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My issue is that the Circle Pad is stuck in the Up position. Even if I use the DPad, it's still going upwards.

I had a similar problem with my 3DS, but with the system acting as if the L button was always "stuck" with the button held down.

I managed to fix it through a system transfer/reset, though obviously that's far from the preferred answer.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

-Super Mario Sunshine HD
-Brief tease of Zelda U
I highlighted in green the predictions I agree with, but here are some of mine

-Information on StarFox Wii U
-GCN titles on Wii U Virtual Console confirmation
-Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 tracks announced
-next wave of Amiibos
-coverage on the Majoras Mask DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors
-No Smash DLC character announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.