• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
...You're trolling. You must be.

That pic is 908x512. When you hover over it in my post, there's an option to view it's actual size, indicating that despite it's already large size in the post that filled up the entire bottom half, it's STILL bigger than that.

If you're trying to be funny, stop. You're failing at it. -.o'
I can't enlarge it either, but I guess it has something to do with my browser or something because other people can.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm not sure what you guys are doing in the Zelda Social Thread or why you're dragging the rest of us into it, but let me just correct you on something:

Senators are basically Super Global Moderators.

Just in case you weren't sure.

Anywho~ @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

If you're curious at all about how the Archie universe got rebooted and wanna read Worlds Collide, allow me to give it to you already placed in it's proper order for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5r01z9ro5isred/Sonic and Mega Man - Worlds Collide.rar?dl=0
Well, ****.

R0Y

Smash Master
You can't honesty be serious right now, can you?
I NEVER would have guessed /sarcasm.
Hipsters hating the game years after the fact has done nothing to make it less awesome to me. It's literally Banjo-Kazooie on crack.

I would actually play a DK game again if this was the case. DK64 is a good game. Open world platformers, let's go.
This man knows what's up.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Thanks, Dad, Im irritated because my mom is in the hospital again.
Fine I'll joint the Sonic Comic conversation
Im looking forwared to readying that worlds collide comic I downloaded
Of all people to call someone ELSE "Dad" I'd never expect it to be you.
Much less did I expect you'd be talking to me.
Hipsters hating the game years after the fact has done nothing to make it less awesome to me. It's literally Banjo-Kazooie on crack.
Uh...
What does that have to do with my reply?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just something I only now noticed.

Why does Knuckles have Lego blocks on his shoes?
Why not? I mean, if he needs to take his legos on the go, he can just put them on his shoes. Knuckles is a forward thinker.

D

Deleted member

I already bookmarked that Sonic comics site. I'd read it when I'm extremely bored or have nothing to do. We'll see.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like the Shenmue fans are at it again and boy had they became desperate after Sega's lost that trademark. I'll just show my support and hope for the best of their success since Shenmue might be one of those games that can save Sega.

http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III

In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading as much Sonic Universe as possible tonight thanks to my new account. Thanks @ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser !

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Of all people to call someone ELSE "Dad" I'd never expect it to be you.
I called you dad because my actual mom is in the hospital and I didn't want to speak ill of even If Im not close to her
Much less did I expect you'd be talking to me.
Because I really want to be eveyones friend

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Then we will sadly lose one of the most ruthless villains Nintendo had ever had.

*Raises anti-Ganon and Ridley fan flame shield*
It's true. Who else mistreated their lackeys in anyway? Bowser from Paper Mario since his guards of scared of him and The Koopa Bros. and Tutankoopa overworked their Bob-ombs and Chomps. Yes. The only time he was a legit villain.

DK64 suffered from trying way too hard to be bigger and better. While nothing in it can really be called bad, some people can be put off by the insanely large amount of collectables and backtracking. While Tooie is my favorite game ever, DK64 is eh...

• You have the basic set of collectibles, except they are exclusive to each character.
  • With five characters, this means you have to go through a level five times to get everything.
  • Characters can gain new abilities through the game, so you have to go back through levels even more times.
  • You also have to rescue characters before you can use them, if the point didn't go across, you'll see these levels a lot.
  • You have to 100% the game before you can even get to the final boss.

Though I'd take this a thousand times over just to have a new 3D platformer that isn't "point A to point B and nothing else." The genre has pretty much died with Rare, the last good one I can remember came out in 2003, I believe. It's my favorite genre, and all I have is decade old games to remember it by, I just wish they would come back again. Even without Banjo...
I thought Tooie's world were like barren wastelands with nothing to do. Collectibles are scarce compared to DK64 and enemies are also rare and weak. The main featured that I liked was more than on boss fight.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I called you dad because my actual mom is in the hospital and I didn't want to speak ill of even If Im not close to her
Okay.
Hold the phone.
This is the 7th time in the past WEEK, that people have misconstrued what I say in the weirdest ways possible.
Honestly, guys, are you trolling me?
No seriously, the things I have been saying are really easy to understand, it's just baffling. with the responses I'm getting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The picture came back.

My Orwellian control over the populace is failing.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
...You're trolling. You must be.

That pic is 908x512. When you hover over it in my post, there's an option to view it's actual size, indicating that despite it's already large size in the post that filled up the entire bottom half, it's STILL bigger than that.

If you're trying to be funny, stop. You're failing at it. -.o'

I'm not annoyed or pissed off, just confused. All I was doing was correcting someone on what was said about Senators.

But if you're going to go that route, you could just not randomly post like morons in other threads just to give this one an already worse name, you know. I don't blame @Aerodrome for what he said at all, honestly.
I'm being serious, I hover over an it won't come up with the option to view the actual size. I swear I'm not trolling.

Except I'm not the one who was randomly posting like a moron.
FalKoopa talked about the Zelda thread, I visited, comment a few times, then I told the few people on the social thread that they were raiding other social threads for fun.

Anyway, I lurked there for a bit and then someone posted about how they should raid this thread. Then I said you're kidding right?
After that, I corrected them on a few misconceptions, then they found out I was from the social thread, then **** randomly went down from there.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I assume this is from the alternate universe called "Justice Tools". Right......right?
It's actually the Rocking League. Here's a link: http://weburbanist.com/2014/05/23/super-rockers-familiar-heroes-get-edgy-modern-makeovers/. I think there's one for Marvel too since there's a makeover for Wolverine and Hulk too. :p

Just something I only now noticed.

Why does Knuckles have Lego blocks on his shoes?
Arin noticed this too during his Sonic '06 playthrough with Jon.

Edit: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay.
Hold the phone.
This is the 7th time in the past WEEK, that people have misconstrued what I say in the weirdest ways possible.
Honestly, guys, are you trolling me?
No seriously, the things I have been saying are really easy to understand, it's just baffling. with the responses I'm getting.
If it was sarcasm, I'm sorry but that cant be translated over the Internet and Im a silly rabbit

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I am never going to tumblr again.

There are horrible people in that world.:cry:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So my 3DS is basically broken as far as the circle pad, but I really want to play Pokemon Y and Fire Emblem: Awakening again. :/

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Uhhh, everything... This was your reply to me wanting a DK64 Returns:
No.
It was my reply to you saying this, "King K. Rool (get it? King Cruel)"
Maybe it was sarcastic, but if it wasn't, then it's a statement worthy of a facepalm.
If it WAS sarcastic, then it was a bad use of sarcasm.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
DK64 suffered from trying way too hard to be bigger and better. While nothing in it can really be called bad, some people can be put off by the insanely large amount of collectables and backtracking. While Tooie is my favorite game ever, DK64 is eh...

• You have the basic set of collectibles, except they are exclusive to each character.
  • With five characters, this means you have to go through a level five times to get everything.
  • Characters can gain new abilities through the game, so you have to go back through levels even more times.
  • You also have to rescue characters before you can use them, if the point didn't go across, you'll see these levels a lot.
  • You have to 100% the game before you can even get to the final boss.

Though I'd take this a thousand times over just to have a new 3D platformer that isn't "point A to point B and nothing else." The genre has pretty much died with Rare, the last good one I can remember came out in 2003, I believe. It's my favorite genre, and all I have is decade old games to remember it by, I just wish they would come back again. Even without Banjo...
Slight correction here, you only had to collect half of the bananas to get to the final level, and the final boss only required that you had the Nintendo and Rareware coins in addition to that. Granted, that was still a lot of bananas to get and getting one of those coins was a pain, but 100% wasn't a requirement.

Having said that, I can understand the complaints around DK64 as it really called for you to go around and collect a lot of the content to complete it (especially if you did want that 100%), but I still enjoyed it. I liked going around the different levels with those five characters and finding what else I could get out of the levels with them, it made each visit a bit more special when I had more to look for.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sure sure, because Sonic is doing far better. So how's that Rise of Lyric game working out?
I'd rather be good enough to have a ****ty spinoff or two than be bad enough to only have no one know who I am outside of a racing crossover side-series save for a small niche. ¦D

Then again, I don't like any of the SEGA characters outside of Sonic save for Nights, the Super Monkey Ball monkeys, Samba de Amigo and Ulala, but they've all crossovered with him so go figure. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom