• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Sorry. You gotta do a special task if you want us to accept you into our cult.

What you have to do, is start a new thread, any sub-forum on Smashboards of your choosing. And you post nothing but memes and gifs. You keep doing that until the moderators come crashing down on you like a hailstorm.

THEN we may consider. If you don't get banned, that is.
I'll be going on the journey to become one of the members of your cult. Just you wait.

I'll be starting this saga now. Bye.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nuts and Bolts is such a disgrace. How the mighty bear and bird have fallen. They're not able to feel the sunshine anymore. It doesn't brighten up their day.
Banjo-Kazooie is all about exploration. Messing up that formula is just asking for a horrible game to be released.
I would have forgiven the game more if it was a new IP or just wasn't falsely advertised as Banjo Threesie at first. The character design itself was looked more ugly unlike the original (What have they done with you Klungo and Banjo) and had one of the most annoying antagonists in history (Who is the closest thing to a Microsoft employee in a video game). To add more insult to the injury, Sega felt that it was a good idea to remind us of that tragedy in the first Sonic & Sega All Stars game.

Rare over all sucked even worse ever since they even handed themselves to the darkside with countless failure after failure. From the forgettable Grabbed by the Ghoulies game to the heavily censored Conker Live & Reloaded remake (Which didn't made the lick of sense since the game would be M rated regardless of any change). I'd say that Killer Instinct reboot was the only good thing that new Rare had done so far and they could actually earn my respect if they gave other IP's the similar treatment in the future.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Sunshine is "open-worldish" and was hated,galaxy is linear and was praised,pick your poison.

Last edited:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
UPDATE: Turns out, I have already completed the journey at last. I've went into the Digital World to post hidden memes on important threads, constantly. I cried with laughter that people can't see them. I found out that I was actually gone for 5 minutes. It felt more like five hours. Sheesh, I'm never doing that again.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
UPDATE: Turns out, I have already completed the journey at last. I've went into the Digital World to post hidden memes on important threads, constantly. I cried with laughter that people can't see them. I found out that I was actually gone for 5 minutes. It felt more like five hours. Sheesh, I'm never doing that again.
You, I like you. Welcome aboard.

D

Deleted member

I would have forgiven the game more if it was a new IP or just wasn't falsely advertised as Banjo Threesie at first. The character design itself was looked more ugly unlike the original (What have they done with you Klungo and Banjo) and had one of the most annoying antagonists in history (Who is the closest thing to a Microsoft employee in a video game). To add more insult to the injury, Sega felt that it was a good idea to remind us of that tragedy in the first Sonic & Sega All Stars game.

Rare over all sucked even worse ever since they even handed themselves to the darkside with countless failure after failure. From the forgettable Grabbed by the Ghoulies game to the heavily censored Conker Live & Reloaded remake (Which didn't made the lick of sense since the game would be M rated regardless of any change). I'd say that Killer Instinct reboot was the only good thing that new Rare had done so far and they could actually earn my respect if they gave other IP's the similar treatment in the future.
I thought another studio was in charge of KI for Xbox One. Maybe Rare was involved.

Soul.

Hey guys, I got another Adamant Quick Feet Shroomish. This time, it's a male. The one I got a few minutes ago was a female. Its IVs are 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe. I don't know what went wrong with the HP IVs, but....should I keep it?

Banjo-Threeie would have been a thing had Rare not went to the Shadow Realm that is Microsoft. There was a tech demo for the GameCube. It ran well. Banjo-Kazooie could have liven on with the GameCube, but nope. Rare is sold out to Microsoft. All in all, Nuts and Bolts is the reason why rare shouldn't do anything with Bano-Kazooie anymore. Yes, the property can be sold out, but I honestly doubt a company like Retro is going to develop a Banjo-Kazooie game that is about exploration, like BK and Tooie.

Live & Reloaded = lol. Why lol? It's the same thing as Bad Fur Day. The only thing that changes is the multiplayer. Aside from that, it's pretty much the same game with better graphics (these don't make a game). You could just play the original one for N64.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sunshine is "open-worldish" and was hated,galaxy is linear and was praised,pick your poison.
I can forgive linear level design if it's challenging. Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 offered enough difficult star missions for me to enjoy them.

Sunshine was another collect-a-thon, but the problem with it was that the reward for completing it 100% was not worth it. All you got was a lousy post-card ending screen.

Super Mario Galaxy let you play as Luigi! You still replayed the same missions, but Luigi's slippier control physics and higher jump capabilities helped to make it a little less repetitive.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
To celebrate the popular movie and finish my night here:
If naughty dog acquired crash bandicoot franchise again,the first thing they would do was put a gun on his hand.
Goodnight.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Live & Reloaded = lol. Why lol? It's the same thing as Bad Fur Day. The only thing that changes is the multiplayer. Aside from that, it's pretty much the same game with better graphics (these don't make a game). You could just play the original one for N64.
Censorship, don't forget the extra censorship with certain words other than the F bomb. It even pains me to even listen to the Reloaded version of the Great Mighty Poo's song since the more naughtier words were covered with unneeded farts. This is the point where I would have the big brown guy throw some clumps of **** at New Rare's office.

I can't believe that I even said that last statement. :laugh:

Last edited:

Soul.

Censorship, don't forget the extra censorship with certain words other than the F bomb. It even pains me to even listen to the Reloaded version of the Great Mighty Poo's song since the more naughtier words were covered with unneeded farts. This is the pint where I would have the big brown guy throw some clumps of **** at New Rare's office.

I can't believe that I even said that last statement. :laugh:
That's one of the many reasons why the original game is better. Censoring stuff doesn't make it funny. I mean, the original Bad Fur Day is a cult-classic. Live & Reloaded isn't.
Rare just sucks these days. Unless I'm wrong or not up to date (which I probably am), they don't know what to do with Microsoft selling Xbox One units without Kinect. They pretty much made games that required Kinect.
Been on SmashBoards for One Whole Year now, here's to many more anniversaries to come
Seeing Sinnoh anime stuff hurts my feelings. Like, so much.
I just miss D/P/Pt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Blargg888 Blargg888 You know what, I'm done. Not a RQ of sorts, but my nose is in a bad state right now (I'm kinda sick) and can't focus very well on this. Maybe next time I guess.

4,000 posts. W00T W00T.
Makes sense, this is the fourth day of January.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
The only game I played with Jak and Daxter in it is the first one...and this

inb4nooneappreciatesgolfgameslikeido

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 Sorry about that, I got distracted.
Oh, you still wanna play, or no?
I'm still available
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 You know what, I'm done. Not a RQ of sorts, but my nose is a bad state right now (I'm kinda sick) and can't focus very well on this. Maybe next time I guess.

4,000 posts. W00T W00T.
Makes sense, this is the fourth day of January.
Oh okay.

Anyone else up for some matches or is that it?

Last edited:

Soul.

Quoting because I want to make sure.
Hey guys, I got another Adamant Quick Feet Shroomish. This time, it's a male. The one I got a few minutes ago was a female. Its IVs are 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe. I don't know what went wrong with the HP IVs, but....should I keep it?
Lol we're on page 300 now? How many days? 65? :troll:

Soul.

That's impressive. But can your Shroomish learn to love?
I'm sure that once it learns Spore and evolves into a Breloom it will have already learned What is Love. Both Shroomish, that is.
Only 16 days.
That's about 18-19 pages per day
300 + 65 = 365. I was making a joke saying that we're on the 300th day of the year, with 65 days remaining until the year ends.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No.

When I say love, I mean the kind that can touch your heart. Not the kind that can touch your wiener.
To be fair, is it even possible to touch one's heart without surgical removal/dissection?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Geek Geek I love golf games, hence my love for the Pangya games. Super Swing Golf were among one of my favorite Tecmo titles on the Wii and I've enjoyed the sequel regardless of its flaws.

In other news, Harada's comment about having a musular man in the American version of Tekken 7 instead of Lucky Chloe was nothing but sarcasm. So that means that the dudebro Tekken fans better get used to the idea that there will be more ladies and joke characters in the franchise. Hell, even my girlfriend called it being a joke before Harada had to explain himself (Mostly due to optimism about playing as her in the Western versions). :troll:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01...clusivity-was-a-joke-more-details-on-shaheen/

D

Deleted member

I'm sure that once it learns Spore and evolves into a Breloom it will have already learned What is Love. Both Shroomish, that is.

300 + 65 = 365. I was making a joke saying that we're on the 300th day of the year, with 65 days remaining until the year ends.
Name your Shroomish "Haddaway". :troll:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I know.
I just decided to ACTUALLY figure out how far we were/are instead of saying, "I get it! *Explains Joke*"
Because as we all know...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And I thought Chip left Sonic and pals for good, only to see him return! Mind is blown.
He's just appearing for the first time in the comics now. The whole world being split apart is being handled differently than in Unleashed.

And by "differently", I mean a HELL OF A LOT BETTER. Good god, I'm loving these arcs. The games really don't hold a candle to the comics since they've improved. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom