• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I own Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion for both Nintendo 3DS & Wii with no regrets.

And I ain't removing my listing of my PTE main either in my sig either.

Soul.

LOL. YES. I got an Adamant Quick Feet Shroomish at last. Took you long enough, huh Lady Luck? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's up peepls?
Just talking about why any brawler like Punch Time Explosion and PlayStation All Stars sucks. I'm still dreaming about the day when the Kremlings actually return in the Donkey Kong franchise since the new villains weren't that impressive (Though Retro Studios supposedly thinks that we didn't care for them anymore).

D

Deleted member

Just talking about why any brawler like Punch Time Explosion and PlayStation All Stars sucks. I'm still dreaming about the day when the Kremlings actually return in the Donkey Kong franchise since the new villains weren't that impressive (Though Retro Studios supposedly thinks that we didn't care for them anymore).
Or removing the Kremlings represents the fact that we're no longer in the Rare era anymore. :smirk:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What if the Kremlings returned, but without K. Rool? :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You now Sony doesn't have them anymore, right?
Half of the PS All-Star roster is third party, there is no excuse.

Speaking of PSAS, if they had just outright copied Smash entirely instead of using the terrible super system, and actually used their own characters instead of throwing anyone in, I'd probably have loved the game almost as much as Smash. Almost.
I'm still dreaming about the day when the Kremlings actually return in the Donkey Kong franchise since the new villains weren't that impressive (Though Retro Studios supposedly thinks that we didn't care for them anymore).
The CEO of Retro followed the Kremling Kampaigner (Twitter account supporting K. Rool's return to DKC and inclusion to Smash).

Strofirko

Smash Master
I don't care too much for k rool and the kremlings,they just look like a fancy nostalgia driven stamp for me,but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Give me another DK64 with King K. Rool (get it, king cruel) and the Kremlings anyday. Actually, that's what I hope Retro is working on, and I didn't get Tropical Freeze. I'm tired of side scrollers.

Soul.

Give me another DK64 with King K. Rool (get it, king cruel) and the Kremlings anyday. Actually, that's what I hope Retro is working on, and I didn't get Tropical Freeze. I'm tired of side scrollers.
I would actually play a DK game again if this was the case. DK64 is a good game. Open world platformers, let's go.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You can't honesty be serious right now, can you?
I NEVER would have guessed /sarcasm.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Open world platformers, let's go.
The same could have been said for Banjo Kazooie too, but Microsoft had to break our hearts by falsely advertising a game about building vehicles and giving our favorite bear and bird the shaft. This is one of the many reasons why I think the IP is more deserving in Nintendo's hands than those Xbox Live lovers.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I hear a lot of cult praise for Donkey Kong 64, but every other time, I hear it described as a weaker version of Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Here is some stupid comment,I think rareware been bought by M$ was a good thing to nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can't honesty be serious right now, can you?
I NEVER would have guessed /sarcasm.
I'm ready now. Do you want to add FCs first?

This man gets it. And we would see the Kong that has no style, no grace, but has a funny face, again.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
I kind of been thinking about posting here, so I guess I'll start out by saying...hi.

And happy birthday Mel Gibson

edit: o it was his unbirthday *celebrates it*

Last edited:

Soul.

The same could have been said for Banjo Kazooie too, but Microsoft had to break our hearts by falsely advertising a game about building vehicles and giving our favorite bear and bird the shaft. This is one of the many reasons why I think the IP is more deserving in Nintendo's hands than those Xbox Live lovers.
Nuts and Bolts is such a disgrace. How the mighty bear and bird have fallen. They're not able to feel the sunshine anymore. It doesn't brighten up their day.
Banjo-Kazooie is all about exploration. Messing up that formula is just asking for a horrible game to be released.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hear a lot of cult praise for Donkey Kong 64, but every other time, I hear it described as a weaker version of Banjo Kazooie.
DK64 suffered from trying way too hard to be bigger and better. While nothing in it can really be called bad, some people can be put off by the insanely large amount of collectables and backtracking. While Tooie is my favorite game ever, DK64 is eh...

• You have the basic set of collectibles, except they are exclusive to each character.
  • With five characters, this means you have to go through a level five times to get everything.
  • Characters can gain new abilities through the game, so you have to go back through levels even more times.
  • You also have to rescue characters before you can use them, if the point didn't go across, you'll see these levels a lot.
  • You have to 100% the game before you can even get to the final boss.

Though I'd take this a thousand times over just to have a new 3D platformer that isn't "point A to point B and nothing else." The genre has pretty much died with Rare, the last good one I can remember came out in 2003, I believe. It's my favorite genre, and all I have is decade old games to remember it by, I just wish they would come back again. Even without Banjo...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I kind of been thinking about posting here, so I guess I'll start out by saying...hi.

And happy birthday Mel Gibson
Sorry. You gotta do a special task if you want us to accept you into our cult.

What you have to do, is start a new thread, any sub-forum on Smashboards of your choosing. And you post nothing but memes and gifs. You keep doing that until the moderators come crashing down on you like a hailstorm.

THEN we may consider. If you don't get banned, that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom