• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
On the topic of Mario, I still want a proper 3D Mario in the style of 64/Sunshine. 3D World was alright, and the Galaxy games are apparently these amazing things, but I just want a 3D platformer that I can actually run around in. If I want to go from point A to point B, I can play a 2D Mario. 3D World had these wide open spaces that you could kind of just explore, but that dreaded timer would continue to tick down... I miss when I could find new places in a game and get a Star/Jiggy/Disembodied Heart.
I've been wanting a remake of Super Mario 64 that takes every course and fits them into a singular, massive map.

You unlock levels by exploring by foot, and collecting stars. It adds an element of survival by making you able to collect as many stars as you desire in a single trip, but if you die, they are all lost. You can either slowly collect each star one at a time, or collect a large number of them in one sitting, and unlock pathways in the castle.

Of course, you need powerups to reach certain levels, like the Wing Cap to reach Whomp's Fortress.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, because you dream during REM sleep

and if you aren't entering REM sleep, it can be very bad for you with effects including:

• Lack of rapid eye movement sleep may interfere with long term memory. Rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep experienced reduced cell proliferation in the part of the brain associated with long term memory in astudy by Dennis McGinty, PhD.
  • Weight problems are associated with a lack of this stage of sleep. Reduced REM sleep may contribute to weight problems in teenagers and children, according to a University of Pittsburgh study.
  • You may be more sensitive to pain without enough sleep. Acute pain sensitivity may increase with lack of rapid eye movement sleep, according to a study at Henry Ford Hospital.
  • Coping skills and reflexes may diminish. A University of Wisconsin studyfound that rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep had reduced ability to handle difficult situations and to show defensive responses in threatening environments.
Now the real question is, is it healthier to not dream, or to have bizarre, disturbing nightmares every night?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I tried napping off my stress, but I should have remembered that never works. As usual, it had the opposite effect – instead of getting rid of my built-up stress, it made it spring a leak and feel like it was poisoning my bloodstream when I woke up.
I would say listen to some calming video game mucis like this captain toad treasure tracker

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I've been wanting a remake of Super Mario 64 that takes every course and fits them into a singular, massive map.

You unlock levels by exploring by foot, and collecting stars. It adds an element of survival by making you able to collect as many stars as you desire in a single trip, but if you die, they are all lost. You can either slowly collect each star one at a time, or collect a large number of them in one sitting, and unlock pathways in the castle.

Of course, you need powerups to reach certain levels, like the Wing Cap to reach Whomp's Fortress.
This is why I'm really excited about Zelda Wii U and I'm praying that its as open world as they say. I've been saying this for years but instead of a remake just make a sequel of SM64 that takes place in Bowser's Castle instead of Peach's. Bowser has an affinity for paintings too so it works just fine. And he has like 60 different castles so why not just get his most massive one and let us rescue peach in it?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Coming from someone who doesn't own a Wii U (yet), Captain Toad looks like it plays like FEZ does. I definitely would like to try it out.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

I don't know. I quite like the portal system of Mario 64. I would like an open-world Mario game, but not one that's a remake.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
This guy KNOWS his crap :troll:
View attachment 34587
:grin:
This is what Miiverse was made for. Finally, its true purpose has been fulfilled.
Yes, because you dream during REM sleep

and if you aren't entering REM sleep, it can be very bad for you with effects including:

• Lack of rapid eye movement sleep may interfere with long term memory. Rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep experienced reduced cell proliferation in the part of the brain associated with long term memory in astudy by Dennis McGinty, PhD.
  • Weight problems are associated with a lack of this stage of sleep. Reduced REM sleep may contribute to weight problems in teenagers and children, according to a University of Pittsburgh study.
  • You may be more sensitive to pain without enough sleep. Acute pain sensitivity may increase with lack of rapid eye movement sleep, according to a study at Henry Ford Hospital.
  • Coping skills and reflexes may diminish. A University of Wisconsin studyfound that rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep had reduced ability to handle difficult situations and to show defensive responses in threatening environments.
BTW, you have any trivia about "super realistic" dreams? Like, almost life-like dreams.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know. I quite like the portal system of Mario 64. I would like an open-world Mario game, but not one that's a remake.
No, the portals are there, and you would unlock them the same way, but you can alternatively get to the levels by foot and unlock them early.
Of course, when I say "remake" I'm not talking like Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm saying it's more along the lines of a new game with the same source material.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh hey, I'm back. I got 8 alerts. Great, let's see wh-
*see Ffamran liking all my post again*
History keeps repeating itself. I predict a creepy response from him now. And maybe someone who'll say to stop posting memes all over the damn place.
Anyway, I'll go back doing some matches on the Wii U anyway.
Incoming creepy response:
Bonjour.

Anyway, I like how nobody mentioned a Star Fox and F-Zero crossover... Or a Mother/Earthbound and Zelda, Metroid or Fire Emblem crossover. With FE you'd have a more strategic movement added onto strategic combat. Metroid would work well considering the horrific monsters that tend to pop up and Zelda, well I kind of wonder what a Zelda game taking place in modern tomes would be like. A Yoshi/Zelda game would be pretty cute if it's done like in Wind Waker's art style or hilarious if done normally. Just imagine Ganondorf's face as he sees Link riding Yoshi into battle. :laugh:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Speaking of Mario Portals, people theorize that Princess Peach's promise of cake inspired GlaDOS' promise of cake, for no reason, might I add, in Portal.

Makes even more sense now that I think about the way Mario travels from world to world.

Mario Portal.jpg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
to bad you have a GF and she will be pissed if she saw you doing that.
Good thing me and my GF
wife dont like Nikki
If the two of us had watched one of the most fanservice filled anime together, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind me liking Nikki's voice. Ironically, she loves Nikki very much if she went out of her way to say that she's perfect for the MadWorld song "You Don't Know Me". :laugh:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
There was once that wierd rumor about Metroid X Star Fox that turned out to be bullcrap, but I was always confused how the heck would that even work in the first place.

Strofirko

Smash Master
There was once that wierd rumor about Metroid X Star Fox that turned out to be bullcrap, but I was always confused how the heck would that even work in the first place.
This was in 2012,a time when people thought the world would end on december and they could escape into a car.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Incoming creepy response:
Bonjour.

Anyway, I like how nobody mentioned a Star Fox and F-Zero crossover... Or a Mother/Earthbound and Zelda, Metroid or Fire Emblem crossover. With FE you'd have a more strategic movement added onto strategic combat. Metroid would work well considering the horrific monsters that tend to pop up and Zelda, well I kind of wonder what a Zelda game taking place in modern tomes would be like. A Yoshi/Zelda game would be pretty cute if it's done like in Wind Waker's art style or hilarious if done normally. Just imagine Ganondorf's face as he sees Link riding Yoshi into battle. :laugh:
Speaking of crossovers, whens SMT x FE?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If the two of us had watched one of the most fanservice filled anime together, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind me liking Nikki's voice. Ironically, she loves Nikki very much if she went out of her way to say that she's perfect for the MadWorld song "You Don't Know Me". :laugh:
To me and my, Ill just call her my wife, To me an my wife she is obnoxious
I tried to find a color close to my room wall... I failed so I took this

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Federation has a bunch of space ships, whatever Star Fox has also has a bunch of space ships. Put two and two together and you get Samus shooting Andross in the face from within her ship.

Maybe it would be like the GameCube Star Fox game, but the "on ground" levels would have Samus, while the air levels would have Fox?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I tried napping off my stress, but I should have remembered that never works. As usual, it had the opposite effect – instead of getting rid of my built-up stress, it made it spring a leak and feel like it was poisoning my bloodstream when I woke up.
If this doesn't fix your stress problem...I am afraid you are beyond help.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That just reminds me, Lucky Chloe for Tekken x Street Fighter! :troll:
I still don't get why there was major backlash when that character was revealed. Just because she dresses like a neko?

I refer you back to my First World Problems meme.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember someone saying that sleeping too much actually makes you feel worse. Uh, my phone's battery is low, so I add stuff later.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still don't get why there was major backlash when that character was revealed. Just because she dresses like a neko?

I refer you back to my First World Problems meme.
You see, dude-bros play Tekken, unlike Smash where we have a lot of children and women (or effeminate males). Dude-bros do not like things that make dude-bros feel uncomfortable. Kawaii anime desu-ka characters make dude-bros uncomfortable because they have too much clothes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom