• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for the day Spyro gets a game of his own. Heck, nowadays he's not even the main mascot of Shylanders anymore.
And that day will be never, knowing Activision's track record and affiction with cash. If anything I would just want something similar to the first 3 games or whatever. The Activision we have now is a shell of its former self, being founded in the 70's just because some conflicts between Atari developers and Atari (lol), and now it's pure cash rather than making actually good games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You mean Spyro? He could be a great candidate for Smash 5 if it weren't for Activision. :troll:
I woudnt mind Spyro being in inset of Sonic. Spyro was ****ing beast
OK, real talk, Skylanders is actually a good game.
Also, that's not Spyro's fault anyway. That's like saying Mario sucks because of NSMB.
Or Yoshis Island sucks because of Yoshis New Island

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Frostwraith
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
@Red Ryu
@IsmaR

They're are all I can think of off hand....
This isn't the first time this has happened, but this is the last time a simple verbal warning will be given for this.

Use the damn report feature instead of this, please. It's simpler for both parties and avoids clogging the thread with these kinds of posts.

People in this thread also REALLY need to learn not to egg people on. And not post things under 10char. Both are bad, but the first is worse.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
OK, real talk, Skylanders is actually a good game.
Also, that's not Spyro's fault anyway. That's like saying Mario sucks because of NSMB.
Saying Mario doesn't suck is like saying John Wayne Gacy didn't suck because he didn't commit his first murder until he was thirty. I mean, not really, but I believe it anyway! What are you gonna do, hit me?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Is it bad that I gained more character from Pokemon X than anything in the last 3 years?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You're right, it charges you $50 to play as two of them.
(The joke: Every NSMB is basically the same game)
I don't know, the first game (to my knowledge) is the most original of the bunch. And to NSMBWii's defense it was out before the whole formula got stale.

I honestly don't know what is so bad with the NSMB games. They're not bad.
It's not really a case of them being bad. But it's more a case of them being done before, and seem to endlessly copy each other.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
This isn't the first time this has happened, but this is the last time a simple verbal warning will be given for this.

Use the damn report feature instead of this, please. It's simpler for both parties and avoids clogging the thread with these kinds of posts.

People in this thread also REALLY need to learn not to egg people on. And not post things under 10char. Both are bad, but the first is worse.
I has a question? what do you mean egg people on? I honestly dont know, Im very sorry

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"
Fact #1: You can’t read while dreaming, or tell the time
If you are unsure whether you are dreaming or not, try reading something. The vast majority of people are incapable of reading in their dreams. The same goes for clocks: each time you look at a clock it will tell a different time and the hands on the clock won’t appear to be moving as reported by lucid dreamers."

This is a common thing going around that people say

It was even in an episode of Batman the Animated series

Well, I know for a fact that's not true. I've read things in dreams many times

Just last night I had a dream in which I was reading writings that someone wrote on something.

It said, "Oni Oni Oni Oni Oni: What are you, little mammal?" I have no idea what that's suppose to mean, but it said it clearly.

It had other things written on it that I could clearly read, but I didn't remember what they said because they weren't important.

And I JUST had another dream before waking up right now where I was reading the titles of books

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You're right, it charges you $50 to play as two of them.
(The joke: Every NSMB is basically the same game)
Since SMW, 2d Mario games have been less engaging, artistic, and original with each iteration.

They've removed virtually every aspect of the series that made it interesting. Single player feels like it was designed to be the "Baby's First Speedrun".

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Sure, by all means. I don't see the point in hating either, but that's your call.
Actually, that's a lie. I ****ing hate NSMB.
Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word indeed. I mean, I dont like the concept of these games more than the games themselves (I had SOME fun with NSMBU, but I got that for free so.....)

D

Deleted member

Me either. The games aren't bad. Sure, it's not the innovative type of game Mario 64 was. I don't know why people aren't like this when a new CoD game comes out or your generic sports game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One more thing to say.

Finally. Kept me waiting, huh? :snake: You guys are too slow :sonic:
First off how dare you. Do you understand how wrong this is? No one should see that....

...Because Smashboards Cobalt is much better than Smashboards Ruby. The blue's much easier on the eyes. How dare you use Ruby when Cobalt exists. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I use Smasboards Garnet. It's like Ruby but is easier on the eyes

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Egging people on is like encouraging trolls or arguments.
oooh ok got ya
"
If you are unsure whether you are dreaming or not, try reading something. The vast majority of people are incapable of reading in their dreams. The same goes for clocks: each time you look at a clock it will tell a different time and the hands on the clock won’t appear to be moving as reported by lucid dreamers."

Just last night I had a dream in which I was reading writings that someone wrote on something.

It said, "Oni Oni Oni Oni Oni: What are you, little mammal?" I have no idea what that's suppose to mean, but it said it clearly.

It had other things written on it that I could clearly read, but I didn't remember what they said because they weren't important.

And I JUST had another dream before waking up right now where I was reading the titles of books
I remeber I read a book a dream I was having. Thank got it was harry potter. But one I was reading math and I woke up pissed

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Me either. The games aren't bad. Sure, it's not the innovative type of game Mario 64 was. I don't know why people aren't like this when a new CoD game comes out or your generic sports game.
People are like this, I just see it more offline than on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I has a question? what do you mean egg people on? I honestly dont know, Im very sorry
In addition to what Kermit said, also basically ****posting about people you don't like (like what was happening with Di-idara bashing), as well as always saying "Reported!" or "For great justice!" on the other end of the spectrum. Essentially, derailing conversation into what the mods could do to someone qualifies to.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
New Super Mario Bros. was alright when it was actually new.

Now the title is just overly ironic.

SMB, SMB 2 (USA), SMB3, World, these were all unique and had things to set them apart. "New" SMB just adds a new powerup and calls it a day. Hell, if they made a NSMB in the style of SMBUSA or World, it'd already be better, and that's saying something.

At least Mario Maker has stuff from all of these (minus USA), so we're finally getting a unique 2D Mario, even if it isn't a proper game.. I hope they include SMBUSA to it as well...

Soul.

They've removed virtually every aspect of the series that made it interesting. Single player feels like it was designed to be the "Baby's First Speedrun".
lol I thought "first speedruns" were Kirby games.
CoD sucks. It's the same thing all over again. What do they improve from the previous game? Nothing. inb4 this is also the case with New Super Mario Bros.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I use Smasboards Garnet. It's like Ruby but is easier on the eyes
I use the purple one.. Sugilite because even if it is hard to see, I ****ing love purple
In addition to what Kermit said, also basically ****posting about people you don't like (like what was happening with Di-idara bashing), as well as always saying "Reported!" or "For great justice!" on the other end of the spectrum. Essentially, derailing conversation into what the mods could do to someone qualifies to.
Ah I understand, thanks I'll think twice before getting one someone now

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
"

Is it bad that I have dreamless sleep?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Project M Smashboards should be everyone's default setting. There's just no argument.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I have nothing against D-Idara, but I was simply pointing out how ironic it all was.

But I'll take my punishment in peace. You had every right to infract me.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm back.
Man, I have to say, :4mario: profits a lot of the Smash 4 engine. It's probably his best alteration in the series, if we don't count Project M in (the Project M one is the best though). He still struggle to get the K.Os, but at least he can K.O at good percentages with his UpSmash. But I still miss his old Dair and the basic tornado. Without them, :4mario: doesn't have a lot of options to recover and approach well.

Is it bad that I have dreamless sleep?
You just don't remember them. It's probably because you go to sleep too late.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since SMW, 2d Mario games have been less engaging, artistic, and original with each iteration. They've removed virtually every aspect of the series that made it interesting. Single player feels like it was designed to be the "Baby's First Speedrun".
Agree completely...I don't understand why they think adding one new power-up per game is going to make it appealing? I played the NSMB for Wii U because I got the bundle and was actually impressed by how uninteresting it was.
The thing I can't stand about New Super Mario Bros. is how it has resulted in the entire Mario franchise getting "standardized"; that is, everything that has the Mario brand in it, looks the same, plays the same, feels the same. It makes everything featuring Mario characters so bland now.
You can see it in Super Mario 3D Land and World, which I do love, but they aren't really distinctive, and even poor, poor Paper Mario, with the mess that was Sticker Star.
I remember when every new Mario platformer had a completely new look and feel to it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
On the topic of Mario, I still want a proper 3D Mario in the style of 64/Sunshine. 3D World was alright, and the Galaxy games are apparently these amazing things, but I just want a 3D platformer that I can actually run around in. If I want to go from point A to point B, I can play a 2D Mario. 3D World had these wide open spaces that you could kind of just explore, but that dreaded timer would continue to tick down... I miss when I could find new places in a game and get a Star/Jiggy/Disembodied Heart.

Project M Smashboards should be everyone's default setting. There's just no argument.
No, clearly everyone should use Malachite because it is my favorite colour and therefore the superior choice.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm back.
Man, I have to say, :4mario: profits a lot of the Smash 4 engine. It's probably his best alteration in the series, if we don't count Project M in (the Project M one is the best though). He still struggle to get the K.Os, but at least he can K.O at good percentages with his UpSmash. But I still miss his old Dair and the basic tornado. Without them, :4mario: doesn't have a lot of options to recover and approach well.

You just don't remember them. It's probably because you go to sleep too late.
Nah, I knew someone was going to say that :teeth: but I usually go to sleep 10PM and wake up 6:30AM.
But I honestly feel like I don't dream

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
No, clearly everyone should use Me!Me!Me! because it is my favorite colour and therefore the superior choice.
Fixed that because your abbadah~.
...Oh. OH. So that's where the cyan-haired girls come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom